• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Grabbing - Do it.

It's almost 2x the amount, you may be doing it wrong.
I must be getting it wrong as snake is not sliding as far. I can get what seems to be a boosted pivot grab, but that is about it. The slide is not as far was what it sounds like your describing. Man, I wish a vid was made for this, so I know when I'm doing it right.

Yeah, or at least if someone knows a video of this going on they should post it and let us know the time. I should be doing it right but it never hurt to be certain.
Good subsitute, Land marks. When I have been doing the regular dash grab, snake rushes forward something that looks about 1/6 the distance of FD. When I try the Boost Grab he rushes for rretty much the same distance as the dash grab, but a little bit further, except not the x2 that havokk mentioned.

napZzz

Smash Hero
umm he doesn't really slide, but the dash is alot farther, and if I'm right the grab range is further too

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
You should grab immediately after, almost at the same time but DA before grab. There is more of a time range for the dacus.

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
Can we please get a vid on this, it could be some vital info. I was considering making a hread on what to do out of the tech chase like sum charexters who have slow rolls u can get guarnteed c4 stick. I would make the thread, but only if ppl want it. Sry for bad spelling im typing on an iphone

Panix

Smash Ace
Can we please get a vid on this, it could be some vital info. I was considering making a hread on what to do out of the tech chase like sum charexters who have slow rolls u can get guarnteed c4 stick. I would make the thread, but only if ppl want it. Sry for bad spelling im typing on an iphone
It's simple, it's just a dacus without the US. DACG it should be could =DDD

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
I dont kno what the animation looks like it just looks like i dash grab everytime. If i can consitantly mortar slide should i be able to do his consistantly?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
it looks like a dash grab and the timing is slightly different but not much harder

if you can mortar slide, you can boost grab

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
lol HI HAVOKK

ok, enough of that

sexiest 0-death in tournament ever (all boost grabs):
grab falco at 0
cg to end of stage
dthrow *rolls behind me*
reverse boost grab
CG to end of stage
dthrow *stands up*
dthrow *rolls foward*
dthrow
utilt

:D

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
he was dumb

it wouldn't work if he was any good, this tournament was ****, basically I went to win the entry/MM fees for BIO 2

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Dear Havokk (with two k's):

It appears that we have the exact name with a minor difference. That minor difference was not intentional.

Be it as it may, we both live in SoCal. I still haven't met you in person and I hope to soon for the sake of playing for our name.

What's that? Don't want to come to San Diego? That's ok, I'll go to you! We can play a set of first-to-10-games to establish the identity of Havok (at least in Cali). I'll bring someone of course, so they can record/witness what has happened and can provide us with proof, a winner.

Fail to comply will just mean that you do not care too much about the name and can just hand the tag over. But if you wish to attempt to keep your name then I will be most happy to challenge you to a Name Match.

Sincerely,

Havok (with one K)

Riku00

Smash Ace

It appears that we have the exact name with a minor difference. That minor difference was not intentional.

Be it as it may, we both live in SoCal. I still haven't met you in person and I hope to soon for the sake of playing for our name.

What's that? Don't want to come to San Diego? That's ok, I'll go to you! We can play a set of first-to-10-games to establish the identity of Havok (at least in Cali). I'll bring someone of course, so they can record/witness what has happened and can provide us with proof, a winner.

Fail to comply will just mean that you do not care too much about the name and can just hand the tag over. But if you wish to attempt to keep your name then I will be most happy to challenge you to a Name Match.

Sincerely,

Havok (with one K)
:rotfl:@ this

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Sincerely,

Havok (with one K)
Havokk hardly ever has the chance to get on here anymore. It's going to be awhile before you get a response.

Top Bottom