• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boozer mad done

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
lol like? PLease it will help me on my next one.
1:52 - 2:00 Walked right into grabs and missed a tech.

2:54 a tech would've ended it

4:02 the forward airdodge was a bad choice.

4:11 bad aerial maneuvering. should've went for the ledge

4:42-4:48 3 missed tech

5:13 had plenty of time to sheild

5:16-5:19 made no attempt to avoid

6:28 made no attempt to avoid

7:38-7:52 multiple missed ledgetechs

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I can tell your Bowser experience is little to none. Especially after
Bowser's dsmash is only edge-techable if you only get hit by the last hit. That clip shows no such case.

MuraRengan said:
Nope, the next hit would have been an utilt or something else faster than an uair. The dash attack doesn't have as much lag as you are saying it does.

Also, it's obviously much easier to know what you should have done after seeing the punishment for it...

Gojira

Smash Lord
1:52 - 2:00 Walked right into grabs and missed a tech.
Ever heard of mindgames...because thats what that is obviously

NO it wouldnt have.

4:02 the forward airdodge was a bad choice.
again this was mindgames combined with the marth KNOWS he has to get past Bowser.

4:11 bad aerial maneuvering. should've went for the ledge
yes that happens with alot of people...

4:42-4:48 3 missed tech
First tech mistake = you dont know bowsers downsmash, it hits the whole platform. Second=Before the U-tilt? He did not hit the ground or else he would have been to low for it to hit. The third was not a miss just a bad choice.

5:13 had plenty of time to sheild
He didnt shield obviously because he didnt think it woudl hit him.

5:16-5:19 made no attempt to avoid
Mind games and not reacting fast enough? Okay ill give you this one.

6:28 made no attempt to avoid
okay you can have this one....although i think he just did roll dodge on fast enough.

This was done vs Dorkai one fo the masters of teching. This is nearly impossible to tech because smash DI does not do much unless its on the last hit of the D_Smash. I have seen it teched once EVER and iit was because they got hit by the last hit making it techable.
You did find two that I agree with.

Keep comments coming

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ever heard of mindgames...because thats what that is obviously

again this was mindgames combined with the marth KNOWS he has to get past Bowser.

yes that happens with alot of people...

The third was not a miss just a bad choice.

He didnt shield obviously because he didnt think it woudl hit him.
1. there's a difference between mindgames and not thinking.

2. You can't assume that the Marth knows that. IMO a backwards air dodge into ledgegrab would've been a better choice.

3. Combos aren't dependent on someone else's mistakes.

4. Which is what I'd consider a mistake. Combos aren't dependent on someone else's mistakes.

5. Which was another mistake. ( a bad one at that.)

Keep in mind that I liked the vid, just IMO there were too many enemy mistake dependent combos.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
whatevs, I know quite well what mindgames are and they don't include the convenient errors of the opponent.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I never said that. I insinuated that there were to many mistake dependent combos.
You pointed out how many? nine? And only a small handful of them were valid and this is a 9 minute long combo vid and you only pointed out 9.

About the marth air dodge, after a marth plays me multiple times they realize its hard as hell to get past bowser edguarding. Had he done what you said and air dodge back i would have been able to grab him and forward throw him befor he grabed the ledge.....wich is why he tried to air dodge pass me. And him gettingback afterwards, it is hard to sweatspot battlefeild to begin with, and he would hve not made it back no matter the path he took.

The multiple grabs on battlefield, i have done that to really good players in CA. It is a mind game trick believe it or not. It has a low success rate but can be pulled off.

Combos can start off opponets mistakes.....wether its a tech mistake , bad choice, or sheer stupidity and still be considered a combo.

However i really apreciating the comments.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
MuraRengan said:
Combos aren't dependent on someone else's mistakes.
Actually most combos are dependent on mistakes Mura. Whether it be bad DI, a missed tech, a bad choice on a move selection.. Even top tiers capitalize off mistakes and thats where their combos start off from.

I think you should learn how to play first. Thats just in my humble opinion.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Even top tiers capitalize off mistakes and thats where their combos start off from.

I wasn't clear enough the first time. Starting off a combo because of a mistake is pretty much necessary, but continuing a combo because the person continues to make errors just shows that the other person sucks and not that you have the skill to do so.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
whatevs, I know quite well what mindgames are and they don't include the convenient errors of the opponent.
Goji tricked the opponents into walking into an attack, you cant INSTANTLY COVER YOURSELF UP. Even if you could, 9 mistakes out of a 9 minute combo video.
Hell, the one not on youtube's 10.5 minutes.

Who says your pro to begin with? If your so perfect not to make a few common mistakes, you try playing a REAL bowser on here. See how many you make.

Gojira

Smash Lord
hmmm

Now your saying combos continue because of mistakes? Listen you sound clueless as to what your talking about. There are FEW combos in my vid that continue because of mistakes..In the few that there are it is because they panicked. Last time i checked bowser cannot really combo and when he chains fairs with grabs and what not you dont exactly expect it. The helios combo on YS happened because helios (a very good smasher) panicked like the others.

Let the debate drop here. I would rather continue to get comments.

King Boozer is comming out with my DK combo vid Funky Monkey as apart of my crew combo vid. More info on that later.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Or, it could be called:
"I scare my opponents stupid so they mess up, which leads to these awesome combos. Enjoi".

Oh and, /worship gimpyfish :lol:

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
Or, it could be called:
"I scare my opponents stupid so they mess up, which leads to these awesome combos. Enjoi".

Oh and, /worship gimpyfish :lol:
if your opponent is scared of playing bowser he needs to go outside and get some more sun or soemthing cuz teh basement of his house is having adverse effects or soemthing

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I was referring to someone playing against bowser going in with full confidence and then getting scared when he realizes he doesn't just spam fire breath like the computer and can actually do stuff. Fast, believe it or not. The whole surprise element, you know?

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Ya need to get at my bowser all dai papa. Yea you too 5150 lol. All dai papa, yea i said it nukka!!!!!!!

Also, i know u feelin the pink. Thanx in advance for that.

Doraki

Smash Lord
are you serious ?

I'm in the credits ? that means I'm somewhere in the vid ? If that's so I never knew stuff had been recorded back then *watches again*
And lemme guess who that sheik at the end was.

Gojira

Smash Lord
are you serious ?

I'm in the credits ? that means I'm somewhere in the vid ? If that's so I never knew stuff had been recorded back then *watches again*
And lemme guess who that sheik at the end was.
non of your stuff was recorded lolz. Remember where i kept doing my downsmash and you coudlnot tech it....yeah we reinacted that part and one chaingrab part I did to you.

Doraki

Smash Lord
non of your stuff was recorded lolz. Remember where i kept doing my downsmash and you coudlnot tech it....yeah we reinacted that part and one chaingrab part I did to you.
haha yeah I totally relived the d-smash terror.

and lol @ chaingrab.. I guess no DI is going to save me there..

Crashmania

Smash Journeyman
The bowser chaingrab can be done at any% just to let anyone know and dont perfectly you have to do what he said, and if you do what he said you will get Up-tilted/upsmashed.
i'm not sure what "and don't perfectly you have to do what he said" means but the second part, getting utilt'd/usmashed when you don't DI is pretty much the definition of escaping a chaingrab

Top Bottom