• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Bosses in Smash Bros for Wii U

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If you watch the end of this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCVzjGVFy4

at time 1:30, we see megaman fighting the Yellow Devil. This says to me that boss fights are returning.

This thread is to discuss this and the nature of the boss fights.

Given that SSE was a failure to most of the smash players, something on that scale will probably not be attempted again. I do see however mini bosses in classic mode or "story" mode for characters. Given Namco is working on the project, character endings might appear given how great and silly the Tekken Tag 2 endings were.

If this is the case, we could potentially see personalize story campaigns for characters (maybe based on series. Or just a set of 10 or so bosses chosen at random.)

We do know that Yellow Devil is present in some form.

With this, I propose that other Boss characters, like Ridley and even King K Rool might end up being bosses in the next game. Either that or we will see the likes of Mother Brain and the Tiki's.

Still, a personalize story for each character with endings and mini/ half way bosses is very probable. the 3DS version has been said to be single player focused and there is no other way of doing that then what I suggested.

Thoughts?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I beat you. I said Ridley would be a boss. Unless you are saying in before the Ridley defense force.
I just meant in before Ridley actually turns out to be a boss again. Sorry, I really didn't even read the first post, admittedly!

But yeah, I think a lot of people would go on a rampage if Ridley (and King K. Rool, for that matter) are bosses.

I could easily see Petey Piranha returning. Rayquaza as well. I'd really like to see a Demise boss. I hate the idea of him as a character (unless he's something like Ghirahim's final smash, if he were to be in the game).

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just meant in before Ridley actually turns out to be a boss again. Sorry, I really didn't even read the first post, admittedly!

But yeah, I think a lot of people would go on a rampage if Ridley (and King K. Rool, for that matter) are bosses.

I could easily see Petey Piranha returning. Rayquaza as well. I'd really like to see a Demise boss. I hate the idea of him as a character (unless he's something like Ghirahim's final smash, if he were to be in the game).

I agree. I think Bosses will be

Returning
---------------------
Petey Piranha
Rayquaza
Porky
Ridley or Meta-Ridley
New
-------------------
Yellow Devil
King K Rool (Big Boxer version maybe)
(maybe) Puppet Ganon

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I just hope to GOD that Sakurai doesn't misinterpret "We want Ridley in!" as "We want Ridley in the game in general, so just put him as a boss!" again.

But yeah, I think Ridley is moreso boss material than K. Rool. And I hope Yellow Devil turns out to be a boss, and not a stage hazard. I've actually never played a Mega Man game, so I really have no idea who Yellow Devil is or what he does, other than from what I've seen in the Mega Man introduction trailer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While the dis-confirmation of a new SSE doesn't necessarily rule out bosses, but I think this means bosses will be there just for the sake of adding them.

Bosses I want to see:
Kyurem
Giga Bowser (please make him a boss again...)
Beast Ganon. :awesome:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just hope to GOD that Sakurai doesn't misinterpret "We want Ridley in!" as "We want Ridley in the game in general, so just put him as a boss!" again.
He was asked face to face about making Ridley a character. I'm sure Sakurai knows what people want.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well, it's not always easy to see irony in text. My expectations of the internet's intelligence isn't high to say the least, no offense :p

People get way to wrapped up in things also. Smash is just a game after all and what we get is what we get. Enjoy what have.

Also, Thinking. If we did get bosses, I would like to see one of Eggmans walkers also (if sonic gets back in). And maybe fight Andross similar to the head punching fight in Playstation Allstar Battle Royal.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think YD is probably an Adventure Mode boss. It'd be weird for an assist trophy to have that much lag time after being used, though I suppose it is possible. Plus, he'd just feel weird as an assist trophy, especially over Protoman, Bass, or Roll.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
Assuming Sonic does indeed make a return, I think it would neat to see a Dr. Wily/Dr. Eggman team up. Their inevitable robot-factory level would consist of a mixture of enemies from each scientist, such as the robotniks from Eggman, and the mets from Dr. Wily. The boss for that area could be a giant robot, where each evil genius operates a separate cockpit on the robot. :)

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck

But yeah, I think Ridley is moreso boss material than K. Rool. And I hope Yellow Devil turns out to be a boss, and not a stage hazard. I've actually never played a Mega Man game, so I really have no idea who Yellow Devil is or what he does, other than from what I've seen in the Mega Man introduction trailer.
I've played all the old school and X Mega Man games and Yellow Devil/Shadow Devil is one of the most annoying boss battles lol. He breaks apart each time you hit his eye and the parts go over to the other side of the room. It's an annoying pattern.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It should be mentioned that to get to the other side of the room, the parts fly at you. And they hurt. A lot.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Admittedly this might be better suited as a 3DS boss but...

Ultimate Ghost from Find Mii would be awesome. Doubly so if I can fight him with my mii.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree. I think Bosses will be

Returning
---------------------
Petey Piranha
Rayquaza
Porky
Ridley or Meta-Ridley
New
-------------------
Yellow Devil
King K Rool (Big Boxer version maybe)
(maybe) Puppet Ganon
...I'm just going to say that K. Rool, being potentially Bowser sized is much better suited for a playable role. If you want to look for DK bosses, Tiki Tong fits the bill alot better.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bouldergeist (SMG)
Galacta Knight (KSSU)
Metal Lobster (KSS)(Good replacement of Galleom)
Koloktos (SS)
Hades' Heart (KI:U)

Those are the bosses I want to be in the game from the top of my head.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
WIzPig (Diddy Kong Racing)
King Boo (Luigi's mansion)
Wart (SMA)
Lord Woo Fak Fak (Banjo Tooie - I wish!)
Snorlax (Pokemon)

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Hing Hippo.

I'd love him to be playable, but I think he'd be a great boss too.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
All those are interesting Boss Ideas. If I had to say, maybe 1 boss per series or "Group" so to speak.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Pokemon
Mother
StarFox
Metroid
Retro (ROB, IC)
Fire Emblem
Wario
Yoshi
Kid Icarus
etc.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
All those are interesting Boss Ideas. If I had to say, maybe 1 boss per series or "Group" so to speak.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Pokemon
Mother
StarFox
Metroid
Retro (ROB, IC)
Fire Emblem
Wario
Yoshi
Kid Icarus
etc.
Dino Petey from Super Mario
Tiki Tong from Donkey Kong
Koloktos From The Legend of Zelda
Zekrom from Pokemon
Giygas from Mother
Andross from Star Fox
Ridley Returns from Metroid
King Hippo from Punch Out!!
None for Fire Emblem
None for Wario
Raphael The Raven from Yoshi
Cerberus from Kid Icarus
Metal Face from Xenoblade
Yellow Demon from Mega Man

That's a good boss list I think.

Takunai

Smash Rookie
You what maybe interseting? Hybrid Bosses.

For example, Mewtwo (assuming he isn't a playable character already), can use that mode switch to change from his boss mode (which consists of him using random junk and projectiles similar to a bullet heck game) to his fighter mode every so often. There could be several variations on the conditions needed to swap forms to make hybrid bosses fun and uniqe, similar on how this game is turing out.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
You cannot do much with a boss that takes up the whole stage. I really want to see smaller bosses this time around, especially ones that play more aggressively and follow the player.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
mario- king boo
donkey kong- either tiki tong or a new one from tropical freeze
zelda- There are to many to predict
pikmin- emporer bulblax
pokemon- kyrum or the alleged "Z" pokemon
megaman- yellow devil
earthbound- giygas
metroid- mother brain
star fox- andross
kid icarus- twinbellos
animal crossing- RESETTI
wii fit- pizza
kirby- nightmare ( i see galactica knight as more of a final smash for meta knight_

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I consider it nothing less than an atrocity that we got some crappy generic robot instead of Heavy Lobster for the Halberd boss fight

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
If the game does have bosses again then i would love to see

-Giratina (Pokemon Platinum)
-King Boo (Luigi's Mansion 2)
-Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising)
-Dr. Eggman (if Sonic returns)
-Dr.Wily (would love to see him work together with Eggman)
-Ridly again (Metriod)
-Dino Piranha (Super Mario Galaxy 2) and
-Andross (Star Fox)

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I want General Scales so you can actually fight him was ripped off in Adventures

Top Bottom