• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
IMO Bowser is fine.

As of now(could change in the future) Bowser mains are going to force opponents to play more than one character.

And, in turn, the Koopa main will have to learn another character too(prolly).

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
wait does riivolution look in the same place the file patcher did for replacement files?

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I'll make a Riivolution package once I get my new comp, which will be in a couple of days.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
i got riivolution to work

seems that it cant read sc_selectcharacter.pac (pretty sure the name is wrong but you know the one i mean)

is that file have a '_en' tag on disc or something?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so i won a brawl- money match today with pit against a bowser
shot one arrow, then infinite up b'd under the stage until he tried to hit me in desperation then i went to the top where you can't possibly accidentally screw up and kill yourself

then he cp'd pictochat (i banned yoshis :3)
so i just camped until i could kill with one fsmash and did it again

what a fun character

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ok but I also have other codes for a custom CSS I need so can anyone provide a .txt file of the codes for Brawl - that's compatible with a code manager?

Also, this was ignored but still wondering, why does Ganon's neutral standing A have no hitboxes?

NNID
Budget_Player
You mean the texture from stack smash? Yes I am. I think it's just a few textures that keep making it crash because it crashes every time I try to play toon link and ness and a few of the stages.
No, I mean the method of loading sans HBC.

All of his important moves go through with the exception of nair and jabs :/

...Dedede doesn't get destroyed usually. Bowser is viable if you play him right, we just need someone to be dedicated and pick him up and show everyone that.
The parallel I was trying to draw is that when DDD can CG you, you are probably in trouble. If he can't, you're not really going to have too too much trouble unless you suck anyways.

Im just wondering. (I did use the search button)
Is this SDHC compatible. Ive got Brawl+ to work with it but that was with an updatifier and homebrew. (not sure if I installed Riivolution or not)
So yeah o.o
Riivolution.

Why does Ganondorf's neutral A do nothing?

Also, I can't make a .gct out of the .txt file provided, when I open it up in a code manager it says it's empty, even if I delete all those stars, and I need some codes out like the file patch because I use Riivolution
Not having either of those problems. Jab has a hitbox. O.o

so i won a brawl- money match today with pit against a bowser
shot one arrow, then infinite up b'd under the stage until he tried to hit me in desperation then i went to the top where you can't possibly accidentally screw up and kill yourself

then he cp'd pictochat (i banned yoshis :3)
so i just camped until i could kill with one fsmash and did it again

what a fun character
It's being fixed...

But really, we need to fix bowser. Having a character be that polarizing is uncool.

As for the TvC comparison, it doesn't really work. The giants are genuinely slow. And not just slow, STUPIDLY slow. Bowser has quite a few moves that are quite fast-UpB, jab, ftilt, etc... Most of those can kill, too. And if you **** up? Free dsmash/usmash. You can only really risk hitting him with moves that will break through his armor, or else you get punished very, very hard. For some chars, this is not really an option.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
i got riivolution to work

seems that it cant read sc_selectcharacter.pac (pretty sure the name is wrong but you know the one i mean)

is that file have a '_en' tag on disc or something?
Actually, it's because it's loaded from common5_en.pac normally. The only reason it loads up through the File Patch Code is because... well I guess that's what PW told it to load instead, idk. To get it to load, you have to open common5.pac, and import it into sc_selectcharacter_en.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Actually BPC, I fixed the infinite upB glitch with Pit a long time ago and am just waiting for us to release the next beta. I have a feeling that it may have been caused when a certain someone was hexing some things in for Pit. ;)

NNID
Budget_Player
Testers are, IMO, severely overrated. Especially high-level snake ones. :V

Also, may I attract attention to exhibit A):

http://brawlminus.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=234

Notice that I stopped halfway through. This is because I am pulling this **** out of my *** and do not know what I'm doing (well, I know that bowser still destroys fox :V). Help is appreciated. :V

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
Actually, it's because it's loaded from common5_en.pac normally. The only reason it loads up through the File Patch Code is because... well I guess that's what PW told it to load instead, idk. To get it to load, you have to open common5.pac, and import it into sc_selectcharacter_en.
thanks good 2 know

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
What the hell is up with Squirtles and R.O.Bs n-air? Turtle n-air pretty much negates every other move,and R.O.B's just kills you at stupid low %(But Squirtle n-air is much,much,MUCH more annoying)

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
What the hell is up with Squirtles and R.O.Bs n-air? Turtle n-air pretty much negates every other move,and R.O.B's just kills you at stupid low %(But Squirtle n-air is much,much,MUCH more annoying)
robs nair isnt too changed. its always been beastly, now it just has a little more kick

zagman505

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where does the Pit fix go on the SD card?

EDIT: I think I figured it out, never mind.

NNID
Budget_Player
private/...stuff.../fighter/pit. It should replace the old one.

Also, regarding squirtle's nair, I was wrong-I'm playing with a slightly edited, unreleased squirtle. I can imagine that the current squirtle nair is ****ing stupid.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So... can anyone tell me why the txt file with the codes won't show up in code manager, as it is I'm using Brawl- .pacs on a Brawl+ codeset because I can't get the Brawl- codeset to work, maybe that's why Ganon's neutral A has no hitbox...

Revven

FrankerZ
So... can anyone tell me why the txt file with the codes won't show up in code manager, as it is I'm using Brawl- .pacs on a Brawl+ codeset because I can't get the Brawl- codeset to work, maybe that's why Ganon's neutral A has no hitbox...
Well no **** because Brawl+ uses the Frame Speed Modifier which speeds up Ganon's jab which since is ALREADY sped up in his .pac for B-... which means it's so fast (likely) it has no hitbox.

Get the actual B- code set.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
R.O.B n-air i can deal with,but this Squirtles n-air gives me problems because it has giganticus megadonized water range and can be spammed for MASSIVE NOT-SO-MUCH-DAMAGE but it's annoying as hell.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
I've been playing B- with a couple friends online, and after a while here's what I think of certain characters. They may not be perfect, or professional or whatnot, but whatever.

Ike is an absolute monster. So far, I consider him one of the best characters in the game. Eruption, despite only seeing about three uses or less per match, is an amazing move. It is one of the best edgeguards in the game, not only because it hits people trying to sweetspot the ledge so easily, but the lingering hitbox hurts them even if they decide to stay on. Using it with aerial quick draw is one of my favorite things to do. Either the enemy spotdodges, leaving them vulnerable, shields, allowing me a shield break, or rolls, which I normally punish by just using it early. I love it. Uair has scored me quite a few surprise kills because of the copter, and Dtilt is actually useful now. I've been using Jab-Jab-Dtilt-Utilt for easy damage, or Jab-Dtilt on the ledge for an easy kill. Not to mention Fair windbox, the complete amazingness of quick draw, and other things.

Ganon is amazing. He wrecks projectile spam with the choke, his dash attack is pure **** on a stick. Fsmash is a very good move, I've used it to edgeguard with quite a bit of success. Although I still don't use Ganon Pawnch often, it's definitely one of the most satisfying moves in the game. I think you've successfully pulled him from his slump to be one of the strongest characters in the game.

There's nothing to say about Captain Falcon except that he is legit awesome. True Sacred Combo, Reverse Sacred Combo, Triple Knee combo on certain characters, his godly speed, the HYESZ, epic taunt, everything about him is absolutely perfect. There is no way you could have pulled him off any better than he is. On top of that, he's quite strong too.

Bowser, like everyone has said, is a mixed bag. I've played one and it can get quite annoying at times. He wrecks characters with lower damage moves, but hard hitters can destroy him. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Ganon's Fsmash is > Bowser. I've managed to triple knee combo him because of his fatness.

Zelda is a spacing goddess now, and I absolutely love using her. When you can kick into a kick, you know you're good. It's always fun spiking enemies from two Bowsers away. While I haven't played Samus much, she overall seems to be quite a strong character, especially that sweetspot Zair. It hurts...a lot. From my experience, all the characters seem quite strong, though. Squirtle and Wario also strike me as currently being very strong, even though Squirtle is getting a nerf as said before. Out of the characters I've seen/played, the two underpowered characters seem to be Metaknight(GASP) and Lucario. I might be wrong, but that's just what I think.

So far, what you've done is amazing. I've had more holycrapthatwashilariouslol moments than any other game. My friend tried to use Bowser's Nair offstage to get my Ike to use a move and gimp myself. I tried to Dtilt him, but the windbox dragged me toward him and I Dair'd him perfectly as he was spiked down to hell. It was so amazing.

Long story short, Brawl Minus is the proest Brawl to exist. Also, I do have a few replays on me, but they're all .bin files. I can upload if you want.

NNID
Budget_Player
Agree with almost everything in that post except for that MK is underpowered. Granted, you have to be in your opponent's face a lot, but have you really been pushing your limits?

Jab, Dtilt, Ftilt, and pretty much every other move he has is lightning fast and safe on shield.
Dtilt is a RIDICULOUS combo starter.
Buffed air speed for better follow-ups
Jab->dtilt is an almost guaranteed shield poke
You can jump/attack out of specialfall as if you were sonic
Shuttle loop is still a stupidly good dragon punch
etc.

This put together means a few things.

1. If MK gets on you, get the **** out of there. Blocking him? Bad move. Taking the hit? REALLY bad move.
2. If you get hit by MK, you are going to take a LOT of damage. His combo game is brutal, and the followups possible with two glides and his ****ing absurd tornado/SL are sick.
3. MK's gimp game is even better-if you're offstage against MK, prepare to die. Really, really dead.

MK is not underpowered. I'd place him as top tier, in fact.

Also ROB is a ****ing monster and you're foolish to think otherwise.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yeah MK is really good.

What's so godly about ROB, though? I mean he's obvious really, really good, but what puts him so far above the cast?

For instance what can ROB do to MK close up? MK doesn't have trouble approaching, you can SDI down and tech the laser. What can ROB do once MK gets all up in his face?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What can ROB do once MK gets all up in his face?
why would that happen? lol. rob just runs away with side b (with cancel), up b (you can airdodge now, which makes it just lmao). then he nairs you and you lose your stock. or hell just nair right away. ****ing nair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom