• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisu

Smash Cadet
yes of course i'll upload the PACs.
unfortunately i have no clue how to make or even convert codes :p

EDIT: atm converting snakes pac, i'll be finished soon ;)

EDIT2: ok here they are:
fighter.rar
I have tested them and it works with the old GCT. Even the new title screen and intro works :)

NNID
Budget_Player
Awesome! Thanks a bunch. Just a question-how did you port them, so next time I can get on it? And do you know how to port common3?

I'll throw together a new PAL GCT with updated shield/hitstun values and give that stuff a whirl.

CriticalDesign

Smash Rookie
I can't help but feel laggier on Brawl- and it throws off my game since I play Melee often. Is this the "buffer"? If so, how can I tone it down?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Buffer makes controls feel overly responsive, since it makes actions pressed when you cannot perform them automatically execute when you can.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
SS? You mean Mega Crash? If you do, then no, it caused a bunch of game freezes so it has to be recoded first.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Joining in the action too Pierce? Sweet.

Speaking of which, after a long absence I should be back in terms of this project after I get my power cord back. And I'm learning to code now too.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Had a friend bring this to a tournament and it's just too good, downloading now. Only thing I found a tad disappointing was that Ganon wasn't able to pull out/put away his sword, but he's too fun as he is anyway :p

Amazing job guys :088:

NNID
Budget_Player
Had a friend bring this to a tournament and it's just too good, downloading now. Only thing I found a tad disappointing was that Ganon wasn't able to pull out/put away his sword, but he's too fun as he is anyway :p

Amazing job guys :088:
Glad you like it.

Joining in the action too Pierce? Sweet.

Speaking of which, after a long absence I should be back in terms of this project after I get my power cord back. And I'm learning to code now too.
YESZ!

Is the SS thing available for v1.5?
Looking at your user title, you appear to be a TO. Bring Brawl- 1.5 to your tournaments. :3 (In the page in that link, there are instructions and downloads for stack smash)

Dnyce

Smash Master
So, I came across a major bug with Olimar that I hope you guys patch soon.
The cause:
(1) Up-special (tethering the edge)
(2) Get off the edge in any way and up-special again without touching the ground

Several problems:
(1) Olimar goes into helpless falling the second time and does not get a boost
(2) Olimar can not tether the edge until incredibly late, but does so in a really glitch manor
(3) None of his current Pikmin can be used after doing this. They do not do damage (other than a flower effect) or knock back so you have to pluck a new line

Note: you know you've done this correctly when all of Olimar's Pikmin ball up in a line behind him.

I hope this was not intentional, I was really looking forward to "broken" Olimar. Speaking as an Olimar main I think I would fair a better chance with using vanilla Olimar.

EDIT: While I am at it, Olimar cannot dash grab either.
EDIT 2: His Pikmin fly way too far when plucked as well. Quite a few stages the first 3 Pikmin he plucks die.

NNID
Budget_Player
So, I came across a major bug with Olimar that I hope you guys patch soon.
The cause:
(1) Up-special (tethering the edge)
(2) Get off the edge in any way and up-special again without touching the ground

Several problems:
(1) Olimar goes into helpless falling the second time and does not get a boost
(2) Olimar can not tether the edge until incredibly late, but does so in a really glitch manor
(3) None of his current Pikmin can be used after doing this. They do not do damage (other than a flower effect) or knock back so you have to pluck a new line
Note: you know you've done this correctly when all of Olimar's Pikmin ball up in a line behind him.
This is odd, I have not heard about it. We'll look in to this.

EDIT: While I am at it, Olimar cannot dash grab either.
This is a side-effect of how his pikmin trail behind him. basically, pikmin no longer teleport to oli's side when in use for an attack (you can see this by hyphen smashing at best). What this means, however, is that his pivot grab gets even more insane. Like, dash back, and then pivot grab from where you were a second ago. Sick.

Dnyce

Smash Master
This is a side-effect of how his pikmin trail behind him. basically, pikmin no longer teleport to oli's side when in use for an attack (you can see this by hyphen smashing at best). What this means, however, is that his pivot grab gets even more insane. Like, dash back, and then pivot grab from where you were a second ago. Sick.
So instead of him being able to link grab-combos on people you get to run away more and hope people run into your grabs again. One of the things people complained about Olimar was his ability to rack ridiculous damage from a grab. I guess you took away that factor and instead focused on his fortress ability? I would have thought with the increased hit-stun Olimar would have had better combos.

I will look at the grab mechanics deeper; however, I think you should still consider patching Olimar.

EDIT: Olimar's pivot-grab is also glitch in that it does not follow the line order of the Pikmin. If I have a blue Pikmin in line and I pivot-grab (an ideal strategy for killing) it makes a jump (seemingly random) in my line. One time it moved from 4th position, one time it moved from 3rd, and sometimes it actually pivot-grabs with the next color in line as it was supposed to.

Here is some idea's I have for breaking Olimar instead of this:
-Bigger hitboxes (to compensate for his lack of priority)
-Higher second jump
-Giving up-special a slightly larger boost than in vbrawl and keep the 3 tether limit (instead of the current 1 tether limit)
-More purple-Pikmin (this can be hacked through terrain/stage)
-Aerial pikmin-pluck giving some sort of minor momentum boost (for recovery)
-Instead of increase power increase growth so combos still happen, yet get even more absurd killing power
-More KB on Pikmin-pluck
-Fix Castle Siege Pikmin-pluck lag (4 frames slower on the cave transformation)
-Cut landing lag on aerials

EDIT2: I am liking the hyphen-smash with delayed sour-spot. It works well with the auto crouch-cancel down-smashes in place of areas in where you would want to hyphen-smash.

EDIT3: Upon further inspection, using up-special again cures the glitch I mentioned earlier with getting the boost back. It seems like some induction of the ghost Pikmin glitch, but I cannot say for sure. If there is a way to just remove the glitch and get the boost every time that would be nice. Or perhaps you might try one of the ideas I had above. Olimar's recovery does not really need too much help.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I would like to say that the nerf on Yoshi's uair is TOO harsh. If I don't sweetspot it, I can get punished for hitting them since it has minimal stun and no knockback. This makes starting juggles nearly impossible since it's not incredibly practical to sweetspot right next to the ground off a move that pops them up. I actually had to pick up Link to compete in today's Brawl- tournament. >_>''

bajisci

Smash Ace
I would like to say that the nerf on Yoshi's uair is TOO harsh. If I don't sweetspot it, I can get punished for hitting them since it has minimal stun and no knockback. This makes starting juggles nearly impossible since it's not incredibly practical to sweetspot right next to the ground off a move that pops them up. I actually had to pick up Link to compete in today's Brawl- tournament. >_>''
Orion on Bajis account

in otherwords, youre mad because you actually have to space to get a zero to death. dont mess up lol

Baji on Bajis account

ur salty u lost to me ;p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Orion on Bajis account

in otherwords, youre mad because you actually have to space to get a zero to death. dont mess up lol

Baji on Bajis account

ur salty u lost to me ;p
Lol, it's not that I have to space, it's that it's IMPOSSIBLE to space if the people DI it correctly as they had been (Down and away), forcing me to generally hit with the sour spot. In fact, with this DI before, I only had 0-deaths at VERY specific percents, otherwise the knockback was too low/too high. The nerf may have been justified, but to be PUNISHED for hitting someone that's not shielding or anything isn't right.

Baji, I lost to Frigate, not you. =P

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ibrawl minus is wierd. Like Zelda with an massive hit boxes on her attacks. Luigi's fair and instant up-B/side-B. And alot of ******** stuff. I saw all of this for the first time today. But I did not really wanna play the game. I touched it today cause people were saying peach sucked in that game. And for a while too. So I am like" hold on, let me see this. I wanna see what a person who actually knows about Peach in general can do."

So played the game and Peach for the first time. For all that said Peach sucks, you all can go jump off a bridge. Peach is no where near bad. She is a beast. I was beasting on people with Peach. And it's the first time I toucched this game.

- Her F-B to any air attack gives her more foward momentum so it can be hard to even edgeguard her.
- After you open herUp-B, you can cancel it with a Dair. Like if I was G&W in regular brawl, then do anything right after.
- Her Fthrow kills
-Dsmash has more knock back.
- You can cancel her F-B with a air dodge which makes you stop in place (mindgame material)
- if easier to get back on the stage from F-B>Nair on the ledge.
- Peach can actually combo after a F-B> Nair. So much **** you can do with the F-B cancel.

I like Peach in this. People who say she sucks, they suck and no nothing of this character. Peach is too good in this. People lucky I don't pick this up, I be a beast with her doing some sick ****.

forward

Smash Champion
Yea, I thought Peach was bad but I can't really play in her brawl anyways so I'm not a qualified person to say how good she is

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lol, it's not that I have to space, it's that it's IMPOSSIBLE to space if the people DI it correctly as they had been (Down and away), forcing me to generally hit with the sour spot. In fact, with this DI before, I only had 0-deaths at VERY specific percents, otherwise the knockback was too low/too high. The nerf may have been justified, but to be PUNISHED for hitting someone that's not shielding or anything isn't right.

Baji, I lost to Frigate, not you. =P
do you HAVE to use uair to start your combos?

and OF COURSE 0-deaths can only be done at VERY specific percents. they start at 0...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
do you HAVE to use uair to start your combos?

and OF COURSE 0-deaths can only be done at VERY specific percents. they start at 0...
Perhaps I worded it poorly.

They're not necessarily 0-deaths. They all start at a variety of percentages and even those can vary based on DI. 1.0 Yoshi was NEVER an easy lol 0-death machine.

And how else do you propose I start my combos when the enemy is in the air? Nair has a nice angle to it, but it lasts too long and lacks the stun I need to follow up. Bair has a similar problem, but is also SDIable. Fair is a combo finisher. Uair was the key juggling tool in Yoshi's moveset, and now it's essentially gone.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
EDIT3: Upon further inspection, using up-special again cures the glitch I mentioned earlier with getting the boost back. It seems like some induction of the ghost Pikmin glitch, but I cannot say for sure. If there is a way to just remove the glitch and get the boost every time that would be nice. Or perhaps you might try one of the ideas I had above. Olimar's recovery does not really need too much help.
I can fix that easily. Don't worry about it.

& Sharky really it's not that hard to throw an nair out after you sourspot.

CriticalDesign

Smash Rookie
Ugh. For some reason when I install 1.5, the game reverts back to vanilla Brawl upon entering a match. Then when I end the match, the menus have returned to normal and I have to restart the game.

1.0 works, though. then again, the 1.0 I'm using, I got from this thread, whereas every time I use the ones from the download page, they're messed up in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom