• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
With regards to Ness/Lucas: Brawl- is kinda weird for me with these two chars. It made me start playing Ness and stop playing Lucas. The cool stuff that Ness can do (DownB > JC > combo, etc) make him a lot of fun.

Lucas just feels...not fun. It feels like the things he got (DJC, DAC, etc) don't add much to him. Maybe there's something I'm missing or maybe I'm just bad with working them in. The DAC feels kinda, dunno, sloppy? The IDEA of the DAC is great, I love the same thing on Marth/Ike/Pika(momentum move > cancels).

Also, his PKT2 is insanely easy to DI out of. Dunno if that was intended or not, but it's almost pointless to try to hit with it, because it's easy to punish if they DI early enough.

Again, if there's something I'm missing, please let me know! I really wanna learn how to play him right again lol..

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 questions.

First, do I put all the files/folders in the beta download (that being codes, private, changelist-1.5b.txt, gameconfig.txt, and readme.txt) on the root of my sd card?

Second, do I need Gecko OS on my sd card as well? If I do, I'd really appreciate someone providing me with a download link =)

Thanks guys!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I have 2 questions.

First, do I put all the files/folders in the beta download (that being codes, private, changelist-1.5b.txt, gameconfig.txt, and readme.txt) on the root of my sd card?

Second, do I need Gecko OS on my sd card as well? If I do, I'd really appreciate someone providing me with a download link =)

Thanks guys!
Changelist and readme don't need to be there. All the folders and the gameconfig do. Gecko OS is necessary.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gecko+OS

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I got all the files onto my sd card, but when I go to the homebrew channel and it reads my sd card, Gecko doesn't show up. Is there a certain way I need to put Gecko OS in my sd card? (ie. on the root, in another folder, ect.)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ok, first, I'm an *******. Sorry.

Find the folder with boot.dol or boot.elf in the download. That folder is the one that should be in apps.

SD:\apps\gecko1931\boot.dol

or something like that.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Just a note, Pit is being changed a bit. Mostly his Angel Ring shield cancel. A lot of playtesting has shown that it truly is OP. Sorry if anyone (especially me T^T) won't be able to start combos with Angel Ring anymore.

bajisci

Smash Ace
just a note, pit is being changed a bit. Mostly his angel ring shield cancel. A lot of playtesting has shown that it truly is op. Sorry if anyone (especially me t^t) won't be able to start combos with angel ring anymore.
nooo its sooo awesome

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
at first i was like WTF!! but then i said..meh i guess

can you atleast make it jump cancelable because that move is *** with out any type of mod on it (Besides that windbox)

5ive

Smash Champion
Just a note, Pit is being changed a bit. Mostly his Angel Ring shield cancel. A lot of playtesting has shown that it truly is OP. Sorry if anyone (especially me T^T) won't be able to start combos with Angel Ring anymore.
Agree'd with above post. JC it.

I rather enjoyed shield cancel into jump dair on hit, instead of grabbing. It shield jumping out of it is way more interesting than a grab anyways.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm probably going to make it so you can jump cancel it and shield roll/spotdodge with it. His standing grab range and running grab range are going to also be put back to vB's range. I don't really know how people play or act when they get really competitive or are in it to win it, yet, so Xyless and Enigma have been doing a few matches here and there and telling me how things are going. Xyless is telling me how some people at tourneys would do things with the things I add or gave to Pit-.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
do things like what?

because i think the gayest thing ive done with pit is angel ring -> shield grab -> fthrow -> dair -> arrow quick loop on top of the head to rob second jump

its like the only zero death I know and it only works from like if you start the angel ring from between 0-5% so thats not too bad

You guys keep adding cool stuff and then taking it away when i really wish you would just leave stuff as is untill theres a major outcry for change...I havent heard anyone complain about pit and i actually love the cahnges you mad to him from 1.0 to 1.5 because with the extreme control of the arrows i like almost never miss now...lol

I could see angel ring needing to be not shield cancelable because that just leads in to grabs all the time regardless of DI

another thing you could do is make his mirror shield like nesses absorb in brawl (you know where he can roll or jump out of it if he absorbed something) put should be able to roll and jump out if he reflects something.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I agree with you, TKO. I also have an idea on how to keep the AR to grab in and give people a chance to get out of it. Either greatly increase the sdi on the first hit of AR start or make the grab range smaller if you did angel ring into grab.

peril1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhyetRhyet
Any idea when the Stack Smash gct will be updated? I can't play 1.5 until it is. (Unless it works currently, I haven't actually tried yet)

ss118

Smash Master
Pit is perfectly fine. He's not broken with the shield cancel at all. I agree with TKO(for once) and say to only remove it if there is a major outcry for it to be removed.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Any idea when the Stack Smash gct will be updated? I can't play 1.5 until it is. (Unless it works currently, I haven't actually tried yet)
Download this: http://wiird.l0nk.org/dl/codemgr1.2.zip
Then you can get the txt file that came with the 1.5 download and remove the File Patch Code from it yourself. Makes it a lot easier to be able to do it on your own than waiting :)

Just make sure you click all the other codes on before you save it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Blargh. If only I had my computer I'd do it now. Izaniki is right. Hit up code manager.

Afrohawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Afrohawk
Hey guys, quick question, downloading 1.5 erases CSP's for stage selection and character selection. Is there any way to get those back or should I avoid it for wifi desynch purposes? Thanks.

Also nice touch on Ganon's USpecial. Truly a deliciously evil spike. :3

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The CSS and SSS won't cause desyncs, so don't worry about it.

5ive

Smash Champion
I agree with you, TKO. I also have an idea on how to keep the AR to grab in and give people a chance to get out of it. Either greatly increase the sdi on the first hit of AR start or make the grab range smaller if you did angel ring into grab.
Agreed with this. Simply because JC AR does not allow for hitconfirm shield cancel AR into up b anymore :(.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Pit is perfectly fine. He's not broken with the shield cancel at all. I agree with TKO(for once) and say to only remove it if there is a major outcry for it to be removed.
I'm looking into what will or will not be done about Angel Ring. I can tell you, for sure, that his sanding and running grab range (and possibly pivot grab) are going back to vBrawl's range.

bajisci

Smash Ace
more stages need to be added as default such as frozen pk2, taht new jungle falls stage made, frozen wario ware for singles, the jungle stage from SSE for doubles and more. sure u can ADD them urself but if its not standard in the pack then it cant be used for tourny. theres really no reason why more stages arent in

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I'd think it's cause at this point it's not top priority. Not saying I wouldn't love to have more stages added as well, but I'd rather they work on the PACs than stages atm.

Also, IIRC, the stage expansion code doesn't work with Riivolution, right? I'd hope if it was added, it wouldn't have any tourney legal stages :( (If it does work, disregard this :p)

I don't know if there is a discussion about stages or not, but I think we should have one. The issue of having Minusy stages and Legal stages (whether they are different or the same) is probably one we need to address.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Just a note, the stage expansion code does not work with usb loaders. I wouldn't mind the addition of a stage DLC like B+ has, but the much more important focus on hand at the moment are the characters. Once we have them as we want them to be, we can start focusing on things that aren't related as much to the characters.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realizes there were that many limitations with it...

However, that doesn't really explain why the "replace New Pork City with Online Waiting Room" code is still being used.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
cause NPC sucks and WWR is better. idk. do you like NPC?

we have some minusy stages somewhere. idk why they arent in teh official pack.

with stage expansion, we dont have extra stages to put in there to fill the spots, so its kinda pointless. if an individual wants it for some cool stages they have, go for it. there is a .txt file with the codes so you can add your own.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Just a note to any of you Japanese brawlers out there that want to use Brawl Minus, I need to finish up the ntsc-j codeset so that we can have an official Japanese release. I just need to remove some codes in its .gct and put the menu changes on to the japanese files so that they have the proper text and image.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sorry, I meant to say that it doesn't work with the double gct method. I prefer using the double gct method because I like being able to take the gct from the B- builds and put them on my sd card instead of having to create a snaphot file. It's also easier for me to tell if the codes loaded when the strap loader appears. To each his own.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
lol, it does. But for some reason, with all of the USB loaders I have used, I haven't been able to use a normal gct without double gct. :/ Maybe you or someone else could help me find one that works for me, in a pm or on skype.

I'll be recording as many matches as I can before I go to DB5. Hopefully I can get at least 5 vids uploaded soon.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Why does my game freeze whenever I get to the stage select screen?
To my understanding this is typically a problem of having Stack Smash on your SD card. It's an exploit which loads Gecko through stage builder, where it would normally load your custom stages. If you go to the Stage Select Screen with your SD card in, and you are NOT running a hack, then your game will try to normally load custom stages when you get to the Stage Select Screen, and your game will crash because it will not know how to read Smash Stack from that source.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
To my understanding this is typically a problem of having Stack Smash on your SD card. It's an exploit which loads Gecko through stage builder, where it would normally load your custom stages. If you go to the Stage Select Screen with your SD card in, and you are NOT running a hack, then your game will try to normally load custom stages when you get to the Stage Select Screen, and your game will crash because it will not know how to read Smash Stack from that source.
That I am aware of, but it freezes when I am running Brawl- .

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you don't have anything named something like exploit.bin on your card. That's to load through StackSmash (or only for BB, i forget) as Pierce said, and it'll cause freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom