• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The focus was on doing small changes needed for balance, so dont expect anything crazy just yet, that's 2.0's job

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Just to make sure, Link wasn't changed in 1.6 from 1.5? If not, that saves me from having to port that awesome sword glow.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Annoucement!

Everyone Tune in to:

THE TKO SHOW!!

^^^ This is a Link^^^

at 5:45 for some prime Minus action and testing and other shizz

we will pretty much be doing some intense testing today from 5:45 to about 8 (maybe later if I dont feel like watching TV today)

EMBEDED:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="400" height="320" id="utv839018"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed&amp;cid=694848&amp;locale=en_US"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/694848"/><embed flashvars="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed&amp;cid=694848&amp;locale=en_US" width="400" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv839018" name="utv_n_680463" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/1/694848" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object><embed width="563" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="channelId=694848&brandId=1&channel=#tko7273684&server=chat1.ustream.tv&locale=en_US" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/irc.swf" allowfullscreen="true" />​

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
so whats different from 1.5 to 1.6?

EDIT: and i thought Lucas was supposed to have "offense up". I started playing yesterday and i have to say, amazing job to everyone that made it and helped.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
so whats different from 1.5 to 1.6?

EDIT: and i thought Lucas was supposed to have "offense up". I started playing yesterday and i have to say, amazing job to everyone that made it and helped.
Offense up is in Project M.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LMAO at that Edit

Good stuff rPSI

but they will still need to go to that chat if they want to put in input and stuff

just saying guys.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Falcon Kick -> Knee = pwnage. I'm glad that Falcon Kick is now safe on hit.

Zucco

Smash Master
YOU GUYS NERFED WOLFS BAIR SO MUCH.

at least mention this in the changelist man. **** cant kill anymore.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
YOU GUYS NERFED WOLFS BAIR SO MUCH.

at least mention this in the changelist man. **** cant kill anymore.
That was a last minute change, and the only one that didn't get into the changelist. I'm sorry. It was 5 am. Gimme a break.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Last minute change that was a tad too much and now I have to deal with it for apex. Great.

Just wondering, have you seen the changes for other chars? If Wolf only had one thing changed, it shouldn't be THAT huge of a deal, now you just have to hit with bair one more time to kill with it :p . I just feel bad for the DK mains having to relearn all the stuff THEY got changed.

Zucco

Smash Master
hit with bair like 4-5 more times, but whatever. I rather just play with 1.5 at apex. None of the characters that got nerfed were a problem to me with any of the characters I tried. people just complained way too fast.

DK's changes were for the better. Hes actually viable now.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Zucco, deal with it. This was a rushed release. TSON spent about 11 hours by himself working on it. He wasn't even able to test the changes himself because he didn't have his wii. He had to have people stream the changes so he could judge things from what he saw. I stayed up with him until 2:30 in the morning streaming to show him the changes. The only thing before 2:30am that I didn't see get tested was wolf's bair. We are sorry that you have to work a tad bit harder to get your kills in, but seriously, of all the things that wolf has, it shouldn't be too hard to rack up another 10% or so to get the kill with bair.

Zucco

Smash Master
you cant expect me to not over react just a little when you over nerf something im used to out of nowhere. All im getting from you is "sorry we were too lazy to check if everything was perfect before we made a new version just in time for a huge tournament."

I'll stop here. I know I'm being immature about it, but I was feeling really confident about Apex before all these nerfs. I wanted Ness nerfed too but he's god awful now imo, so I dont even use him anymore.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Cry more. These guys worked their ***** of, so give them a break.

I just played Brawl- for the first time and it was amazing : D

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Zucco, here's the rundown of what had happened. We knew wolf's bair needed a slight nerf because it killed quite early. TSON adjusted the percents and KB to be what he thought was slightly nerfed. He packed it up into the 1.6 pack and had already uploaded it before realizing he had forgotten to put that into the changelist. He was too tired to put a few lines in, rezip the pack, and reupload it to mediafire. We're sorry that you aren't feeling as confident for apex. You just need to work a tad harder to kill them, that's all. Think of it like this, you get to show your kickass skillz for a little longer. :V

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wow Zucco.

DM asked me last minute to nerf bair. RIGHT before I was going to upload the build. I asked him if I should compensate KB. He said no.

On top of that, apparently, Wolf is "top of the whole tier list", so a mere 4% damage reduction that causes you to get 30% more (fair->fair->uair can accomplish that) for your kills is nothing to whine about, it's literally the only change to the character.

As far as Ness, he's not horrible. At all. You just can't spam fair and win games. You just have to work to get your combos. It's not that big of a deal, you should have saw all of these changes coming when you heard that 1.6 was announced.

Zucco

Smash Master
I know Ness isnt horrible, I just dont like how he plays anymore. my entire game with Ness was to do stupid, ridiculous combos with JC PK fires and the grounded one was taken away. Thats like the only thing I liked about Ness that made him feel fun. It was pretty broken, and he was nerfed. I dont mind though. Ness did need some nerfs. I just dont like how he plays now, so I dont want to use him anymore.

LordJax

Smash Cadet
Wow Zucco.

DM asked me last minute to nerf bair. RIGHT before I was going to upload the build. I asked him if I should compensate KB. He said no.

On top of that, apparently, Wolf is "top of the whole tier list", so a mere 4% damage reduction that causes you to get 30% more (fair->fair->uair can accomplish that) for your kills is nothing to whine about, it's literally the only change to the character.

As far as Ness, he's not horrible. At all. You just can't spam fair and win games. You just have to work to get your combos. It's not that big of a deal, you should have saw all of these changes coming when you heard that 1.6 was announced.
Thank god you nerfed that monster bair!

It was a typo on my part when I made the first build of Wolf - back then.

It was supposed to be weaker, yes, haha, don't even ask me how I typo'd that.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played Ness so far on this build, so I don't know how much different he plays, but he's in my top 5 for chars I like. He has lots of cool stuff to play around with :) I'm glad you guys are trying to move him away from only using fair (I assume is what you're doing anyway!) <3

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just posting to mention something I noticed about Peach that I'm not entirely certain was intentional. It might have been but I don't remember reading it in the change lists. If you do down tilt and then down smash in quick succession with Peach, she slides backwards a little less than the distance of her roll while doing the down smash. I don't know that it needs to be done this way but the only way I've been able to do it fast enough and work is to hold down on the control stick and us down C for the down tilt so it's easy enough to instantly do the down smash after (with down c obviously). Also, you can cancel the down smash with B and only slide slightly backwards and then bring toad out (not sure how useful that would be...). Sorry if this is already known or was meant to be in there in the first place, and I'll admit I didn't look at Peach forums to make sure... also, is this something I should post on Character Discussion forums or is it fine here if I notice / think I notice future glitches. If this Peach thing is a glitch, I hope you keep it personally.

Also, I'd like to say that I love all the changes in 1.6, especially the changes to Peach and DK. Keep up the good work and can't wait for new updates.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
this is the "bonewalking", right? or is that something completely different?

bajisci

Smash Ace
yo guys please put in frozen pokemon stadium 2, wario ware, and that SSE jungle stage, sure we can add it ourselves but then we cant use them in tournament and those stages are great. ESPECIALLY frozen ps2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom