• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yoshi's getting some new shield stuff. I won't spoil it, but needless to say, he's not getting the ability to jump out, but will be getting something in return.

(he'll be getting out of his shield faster, at least)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I don't get why in a game where everyone is supposed to be broken, yoshi still has his biggest nerf on him.

Kirk

Smash Champion
We obviously just discriminate against yoshi. Worthless dinosaur...no good will ever come to him as long as I have a say in the matter!

:bee:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I think Sheik's Up-B hitbox is too big
I think she should just not have a hitbox on the disappear animation, only on reappear.
Though it might be a LITTLE big, but i think it's just the fact they are so big and happen so quick after each other, near each other which makes it hard to punish.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
I think something wrong with Fox 1.6. I was testing a new MK Texture, Fox vs MK(lvl9) on FG, and I suddenly spawned below the stage. Fox had no texture.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I would think this project would be a lot better, just personally, if you couldn't grab the ledge backwards and the auto-sweetspotting up bs were removed, like Brawl+ and melee.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I would think this project would be a lot better, just personally, if you couldn't grab the ledge backwards and the auto-sweetspotting up bs were removed, like Brawl+ and melee.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.
so more or less you just want project M or Brawl+.

Also for a real response: I a long time ago asked a brawl- back room member why there was auto sweet spot on the ledge and he responded "its already so easy to gimp in this game if we got rid of the auto sweet spot no one would ever make it back". While of course saying no one would make it back is of course hyperbole it is true it would make recovering much more difficult. Also maybe the reasons have changed b/c i got this response during one of the very first releases of brawl-.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I must respectfully disagree with SymphonicSage... I personally like the way the offstage game is in minus. the auto ledge grab helps vary when and how the person may safely recover and, more importantly, it discourages passive edge guarding, which I hate. I realize that if you perfect the edge you don't have to worry about passive edge guarding for the most part, but regardless, the auto ledge grab helps vary peoples recovery a bit (since there are now varying distances that they can up B at and still grab the edge), which is good when most characters have ridiculous gimping options. It makes for a far more interesting metagame in my opinion... As for not being able to grab the edge without facing it... I loved melee, but I'm not sure I liked that technicality for recovering... why do you favor it? I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just not sure what you like about it.

Cheeszeman_

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to put this on my SD Card and it says 'Continue copying without encryption'

what does this mean?

and i've been having a bit of difficulties loading the physics. It changes all the characters, but not the hitstun or momentum or anything. pretty weird. gonna try again from a fresh SD card and see if it works.

chuurs

Cheeszeman_

Smash Cadet
figured it out
I had the balanced brawl GCT inside DATA -> GECKO -> CODES folders
i just deleted that and put the Brawl- GCT in the new codes folder in the root and its GG set to play.

greeeaaat game!! loves it!

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
AAARGH, RELEASE BRAWL MINUS 2.0!!! Project M is simply not coming out anytime soon... and Brawl+ is dead. Minus is all that remains!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, lucas was wall jumping. Currently, we are trying out universal wall jumping. I have some ideas for ness, but some people think that he is good enough as is.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ness is beastly, but I have no problem with changing him as long as it's not too drastic.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I hope they take your ideas for ness... even if it means nerfing other aspects of him (assuming your ideas add to his choices / make his game play more interesting).... not to say I don't think he's interesting. I actually like ness quite a bit mostly because of his second jump cancel and being able to jump cancel his B moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom