• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
do you still have the replay file? send it to me. i have the 1.5 build still, so i can record it.

NNID
Budget_Player
So... The Brawl- hype seems a little chilled right now, so I'm going to say this: keep hyping this **** up. Something big is going to happen. As much as a surprise as it may seem, we have not yet forgotten about this project. :p

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys been looking into the "Hooverang" for Link by Muhznit by chance? It's a really cool idea imo...
if you could get it so that it has multi hits for a limited amount once the rang heads back, it would be amazing without being ridiculously cheap (cause if it kept dragging the opponent all the way off stage it'd be a bit much)

Also, if you are willing to say, what turnips and/or item pulls will Peach have in 2.0?

NNID
Budget_Player
Well... In the current public release, the balance is fairly decent. There are a few outlier chars, but I'd honestly consider it comparable to, at the worst, melee's level of balance, with the difference that most of the people below high tier are still playable.
In the current backroom build which is being worked on as we speak, balance is really ****ing good. Like, I could name a few chars who are suspect for "best in the game" (Metaknight, Wolf, Sheik), but I couldn't place them more than a tiny step above the rest of the cast. I definitely couldn't name any characters who are "bad" who aren't being worked on.

JOE!

Smash Hero
could anyone help me out here?

I am using the Stack-Smash method (as my wii is v4.3), and was able to run Bbrawl just fine even on this version via stack-smash. Brawl- however goes to Gecko through the Custom Stage menu, like normal, but then loads up just vBrawl again, what is going on?

I did everythign as stated here: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/page/bminstall.html

Including making the apps folder and putting all the stuff (save boot.elf) from Gecko1931 into it, and having apps in the root. Also replaced the old code with the new....

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Is the file replacement code turned on? Check that.

Do you have gameconfig.txt? Get it if you don't.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
So, one of my favorite things about the mods are the aesthetics. Sure, the physics, the balance, the gameplay is the core of everything, but what about the nice package it's wrapped in? Now, this is not to knock Brawl- in any way, because to be honest, of the current mods, you guys have surpassed the others in creating a mod that has its own flavor, what with the trippy background for the CSS/SSS, the custom menu, the signature purple wherever you go. What I wanna know is, do you guys have any plans to add any more of that to the game?

(Also, wacky victory themes. That'd be nice, and people could contribute instead of you guys who are working hard in the backroom. Just a little something nice to add on.)

NNID
Budget_Player
So, one of my favorite things about the mods are the aesthetics. Sure, the physics, the balance, the gameplay is the core of everything, but what about the nice package it's wrapped in? Now, this is not to knock Brawl- in any way, because to be honest, of the current mods, you guys have surpassed the others in creating a mod that has its own flavor, what with the trippy background for the CSS/SSS, the custom menu, the signature purple wherever you go. What I wanna know is, do you guys have any plans to add any more of that to the game?

(Also, wacky victory themes. That'd be nice, and people could contribute instead of you guys who are working hard in the backroom. Just a little something nice to add on.)
Well, what else is there? We have the SSS, the main menu, the strap... virtually every part of the menu has been "minusified". We do our best to minusify the characters as far as we can. Music and Victory Themes are all up to the players, I'm afraid...

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
This has been something I've been kinda thinking about, since the files are already in the game... Would there be a way to make it so characters will yelp or do a short scream when knocked back after being hit after certain percentages? You know, like in the first two.

I mean, not that this would have any real effect, but I just think it would be neat. Maybe as the characters are actually screaming out, we get a feeling of the PAIN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliFHvrRwB0

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hmm, found what I belive is a glitch?

using stacksmash, when you have textures on all of the pokemon trainer mons (and PT himself), switching from Zard to Squirtle may make the game freeze? o.O

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You need to have both .pac and .pcs files for all textures on transforming characters, or they can crash when transforming. That's probably your problem.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I do have all pacs and pcs's for both squirtle and charizard, but for some reason it only (sometimes) freezes when going from zard -> squirtle o.O

and it cant be the teture itself because starting on squirtle they work just fine..

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have textures on all the PT mons and it works fine. I can recall off the top of my head having the Falcon Trainer textures, and it works perfectly.

What texture are you using?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I have a couple...

for squirtle I have (in order):

Wartortle
Totodile
Black Suit Spidey
Squirtle Squad
Shiny Squirtle

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
I have a couple...

for squirtle I have (in order):

Wartortle
Totodile
Black Suit Spidey
Squirtle Squad
Shiny Squirtle
For each color slot, make sure the PCS and PAC files aren't the same size. I've seen some PT things in the Vault that have the PAC and PCS files, but they're the same size, meaning one of the files is an exact copy of the other, just renamed. It's a little annoying.

Hunch

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Great job on this mod guys. My friends and I have really been enjoying it.

That said, I had a thought about Lucario-. I'm not sure what the team has in mind for the next version, but I was thinking it would be very useful for Lucario to have a self-damaging taunt so that the player can choose to pump up the aura power without getting hit. For aesthetics, the up taunt would look best, especially if an additional aura damage effect could be applied. The ability to cancel this taunt seems necessary.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
@Hunch: there are some video's on the new lucario on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/N1run

In some of the videos you'll see him do a taunt (I don't know his taunts, but probably up taunt) and he gets 10% damage from it. He also has an aerial grab now, and can cancel his up B at any time into an attack (and he keeps his momentum when you do that). He looks pretty cool imo.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
@Hunch: there are some video's on the new lucario on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/N1run

In some of the videos you'll see him do a taunt (I don't know his taunts, but probably up taunt) and he gets 10% damage from it. He also has an aerial grab now, and can cancel his up B at any time into an attack (and he keeps his momentum when you do that). He looks pretty cool imo.
LUUCAARRIIOOOOOOOOOO *dies*

and solomar looks awesome too.. ill comment more as I watch them

Hunch

Smash Rookie

Took some digging, but I finally found the damaging taunt. It's sort of eerie how what the team did was pretty much exactly what I was thinking, right down to the % dealt. Also, the new Lucario- in general is dead sexy. I love the new uses for Extreme Speed, and the aerial Force Palm grabs are slick.

One last thing: Do we think this build will fare better against Bowser? It's possible that I just don't have enough time invested into the matchup, but I've found the big B very, VERY difficult with Lucario. The Force Palm thing looks like it could really help, though.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
One last thing: Do we think this build will fare better against Bowser? It's possible that I just don't have enough time invested into the matchup, but I've found the big B very, VERY difficult with Lucario. The Force Palm thing looks like it could really help, though.
Same here. Bowser was a very difficult matchup for lucario... or maybe i dont know how to play the game >__> lucario has trouble with bowser 1.6

Ls777

Smash Cadet

yoshi..... cant CG metaknight anymore?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom