• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I wanted to say it but I hate the super scope sound on ganondoken. This by itself almost made me stop playing ganon.

Out of curiosity, does anybody feel the same way? I don't mind the yellow cause its like OOT but every time I punch I'm disgusted.

Also, heard rumors about hover rang. you should give the hoverang to TL cause Links rang and link as a character is already pretty dam nice. TL's rang is pretty dumb.

NNID
Budget_Player
I wanted to say it but I hate the super scope sound on ganondoken. This by itself almost made me stop playing ganon.

Out of curiosity, does anybody feel the same way? I don't mind the yellow cause its like OOT but every time I punch I'm disgusted.
I think we're going to remove the sound if we can...

Also, heard rumors about hover rang. you should give the hoverang to TL cause Links rang and link as a character is already pretty dam nice. TL's rang is pretty dumb.
...This is a good idea, tbh. My main problem with the hoverang was that Link's boomerang was just so good already... I'll mention this to the devs.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Something I don't like about toon link is his arm strength. He throws bombs too far upwards for them to be useful at all. It's hard to 3:10 people (TL board thing) if you know what I mean. I think it should be toned down slightly... unless you're already doing something different with him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Something I don't like about toon link is his arm strength. He throws bombs too far upwards for them to be useful at all. It's hard to 3:10 people (TL board thing) if you know what I mean. I think it should be toned down slightly... unless you're already doing something different with him.
They're making the bombs fly up into the sky, then explode like a firework and rain down shrapnel.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Xyless: Not really, CGing metas was what made the game actually worthwhile. Jumping out of shield is still great though, but it only lessens the pain, there's still a good amount of it left.

Chrisu

Smash Cadet
hey guys
did someone already convert the pac files of v1.6 to PAL?
if not, I could do it ;)

EDIT: if someone's interested, i got a Brawl Minus running for PAL that should be (almost) complete just like the NTSC one, i could upload it or the necessary PACs.
maybe someone could update the smashmods.com brawl minus install guide / download page...
the only thing that's not working for me is pokemon trainer or at least one of his pokes (dunno which one by now)
but every other character works minus-like WITH correct sound (but without the special sound effects from brawl minus...)

Slashy

Smash Lord
Since I brought this up with the Brawl Minus BR

How would you guys think of a Waft Buff where the indication of a fully charge waft is controller rumble, rather than Wario flashing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That would be awesome. Even if you don't specifically change it, having both would be nice.

The thing is, if you replace it, Classic Controller users get an unfair disadvantage when using Wario, since they can't tell when it's charged except by the timer.

Slashy

Smash Lord
That would be awesome. Even if you don't specifically change it, having both would be nice.

The thing is, if you replace it, Classic Controller users get an unfair disadvantage when using Wario, since they can't tell when it's charged except by the timer.
Hold the Wii Remote near your groin, that's sensitive enough.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
A lot of people turn off rumble to play better.
Some people actually go so far as to go inside their controller, and gut out the parts which make it rumble. This will deter some competitive players from trying out wario.
There should be indications for half-charge. Other than that, flashing is fine for full imo. Though adding audio would be cool/easy/fine too.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeah, and the flashing is great for pressure. when i play against wario (in vBrawl) i definitely play different when he's flashing. mindgames, yo.

Hunch

Smash Rookie
I'm only half serious when I say this, but why not go the other way and make him flash the crazy colors from his extended up-b? INTIMIDATION.

More seriously, I see no reason not to add the vibration regardless, even if the flashing is kept. This might not be the "tournament legal" approach, but I imagine a few Wario textures make the flashing less apparent, so the vibration would help there.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Have you guys fixed the spawn bug issues with ROB and Fox? If not, I've got a replay on the YIM from the DLC where ROB spawned once under the spinny blocks and the second time (when they weren't spinning) on them. I can send it to someone later.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Just wanted to let you guys know that I and several other yoshi mains that play - are strongly against giving yoshi DJC.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
It's really useful and it's optional O_o but I'm not a Yoshi main, so I guess I don't have a strong opinion myself... was thinking about making him a secondary after the next release though since some of his changes look interesting.

...maybe if he had moves that were jump cancelable like Ness, people would see the use for it more and like it... but it is useful regardless.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Not being able to do rising aerials hurt us more than being able to DJC helps us. It is useful, but rising aerials are so important to yoshi. When I last played the test client, it wasn't optional, and every aerial DJC'd. Anyway assuming it is optional, the default should be his normal aerials and an extra button press (or how are they doing it?) should make it DJC.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If they're using the Brawl+ method, you hold the button to not DJC, and a release DJCs. Honestly I think that makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Slashy

Smash Lord
If they're using the Brawl+ method, you hold the button to not DJC, and a release DJCs. Honestly I think that makes a hell of a lot of sense.
In the 2.0 build, the DJC code is ported over from Brawl+. There is nothing wrong with more options, and giving Yoshi DJC adds plenty of extra mindgames and makes his approach much better.

I'll be streaming again tonight. http://justin.tv/slashy

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Can someone help me get Brawl Minus please? I been trying for a little while and I don't know what I did wrong. I downloaded it here

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/page/bminstall.html

So what I did was: from my sd card's root I moved the codes and private folder to somewhere else in a safe place. And then downloaded brawl minus and extracted it. In the extracted folder I took the Private and codes folder from brawl minus file and then added it to the root of my SD card. I then loaded it up on Gecko OS and it didn't work. I got an error message that said something like "No SD codes found"

What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom