• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
The RSBE01.gct? thats whats in it now

I also tried with RSBE01SS.gct and removed RSBE01.gct and it didn't work still, same error message.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I'm using the american one, which is the one im suppose to be using since my Wii and game is NTSC

Sharky

Smash Master
Just wanted to let you guys know that I and several other yoshi mains that play - are strongly against giving yoshi DJC.
It's really useful and it's optional O_o but I'm not a Yoshi main, so I guess I don't have a strong opinion myself... was thinking about making him a secondary after the next release though since some of his changes look interesting.

...maybe if he had moves that were jump cancelable like Ness, people would see the use for it more and like it... but it is useful regardless.
Not being able to do rising aerials hurt us more than being able to DJC helps us. It is useful, but rising aerials are so important to yoshi. When I last played the test client, it wasn't optional, and every aerial DJC'd. Anyway assuming it is optional, the default should be his normal aerials and an extra button press (or how are they doing it?) should make it DJC.
If they're using the Brawl+ method, you hold the button to not DJC, and a release DJCs. Honestly I think that makes a hell of a lot of sense.
In the 2.0 build, the DJC code is ported over from Brawl+. There is nothing wrong with more options, and giving Yoshi DJC adds plenty of extra mindgames and makes his approach much better.

I'll be streaming again tonight. http://justin.tv/slashy
having to hold jump to do a rising aerial is really really lame, just saying. If it's kept the way it is then I'll have to agree with hades. If you switch it around so you hold to cancel then I'd be more optimistic about it, it just makes more sense. It's still really lame though.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No, it makes more sense to hold it.

Holding a jump button to continue jumping vs. holding a jump button to stop jumping.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
1. More options just means a better character and trust me Yoshi is already pretty dam good. Hades will vouch for me that I have a good Link - Of course Hades is on another level but when my Link gets star ko'd at 40% due to up air combos thats how I know yoshi is good and thats the way to go http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293377

2. DCJ and rising airs are completly different playstyles and you really should focus on one rather than many and develop it. Thats one thing that pissed me off about B+. To much imput=too many playstyles and brokeness.

3. You should believe everything Hades says

4. DCJ is more like melee while rising airs is more like brawl. Last time I checked, this is BRAWL MINUS not MELEE MINUS.

5. SEE FREAKIN RULE 3

Xyless

Smash Master
In the 2.0 build, the DJC code is ported over from Brawl+. There is nothing wrong with more options, and giving Yoshi DJC adds plenty of extra mindgames and makes his approach much better.

I'll be streaming again tonight. http://justin.tv/slashy
I didn't port anything, bro. It's a simple "if this then this" function.

And I'm still unsure if we'll be keeping DJC in for final release. I've never been a fan of DJC on anyone other than Ness if anyone, I just wanted to see what it'd be like with Yoshi.

Xyless

Smash Master
Will the Project M Demo release detract from the BRoom's work? Just wondering.
Hopefully, since some of the people in the P:M team is in the BRoom for Minus, they'll have a little more breathing time to help out (especially with fixing Lavaville and Mario Bros)

Sharky

Smash Master
No, it makes more sense to hold it.

Holding a jump button to continue jumping vs. holding a jump button to stop jumping.
That doesn't really matter. What does matter is the function of each and which setup would be more practical. Typically if you djc you want to fall right after, so it would be easiest to just roll from x or y to a, thus you'd still be holding jump.

Regardless, DJC on brawl yoshi is ugly, so I'd prefer it to not be there.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dont give yoshi DJC. He works much better without it. And this is coming from yet another yoshi main.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'll give you one example.
I've watched hades play A LOT!!!!!! See him at tourneys here at IU

Hades uses the classic controller. He has to often roll his figures. He hasn't told me this but I've watching his figures go and it seem a lot easier for him to play yoshi if DJC isnt in because he can roll easier. He can pull u-air>u-air better and overall he ***** my link harder.

Your probably thinking "controller johns right now" Ness has the same problem but they don't complain. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Ness's DJC is a lot more useful than Yoshi's. (personally I think this is because ness has quick airs and short lag to connect easier with. Yoshi is about connecting strong airs usually U-airs. Often Hades is chasing me during hitstun as I try to DI away) It should be apparent that Yoshi mains would rather not have to bother with controller settings than bother with this extra option that doesn't add a whole lot according to them.

I'm just stickin up for my buddy hades. Personally, I don't care or know why its in here if so many Yoshi's don't want it. It just seems like something that would be cool to add for a developer rather than for a Yoshi player.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well, it's still an optional thing. We can make it so that you don't DJC it normally, but if you hold the jump button, you DJC it. That would work.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I feel like the best solution possible would be something like you tap the jump button twice to DJC.

I know you gave Yoshi two jumps so I wouldn't want it to mess with that but couldn't you do something like if Yoshi is in jump then tap jump to DJC? The limitation being that you can't DJC after doing a move because it will result in an end to jump animation and a rising air. This doesn't really matter though because You commit to one or the other early enough anyway based on your preferred combo.

THIS WOULD BE SICK. because you can roll from Y/X to A really easily or you can still real easily roll from double tap X/Y to A. anybody can double tap Y/X and roll to A. I can do it and it only takes 1 extra frame.

Personally, I have X set to special for jump cancel egg throws but Many people have both X/Y as jump and its super easy to roll from X>Y>A or Y>X>A. This is another version of double tap and also EXTREMELY quick and efficient without messing with hold buttons.

Please look into this and get back to me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
^this guy has the right idea

Or maybe hold the attack button rather than hold jump.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How about, if you say "googly moogly" and press XXBBAA really fast, then you get DJC. :V
We already push crazy shee button combos like that for yoshi. If you did that, we'd STILL be DJCing on accident cuz we mash so damn hard.

JOE!

Smash Hero
off (current) topic, but I kinda came to a realization as of today:

Is it just me or is Fox totally boned when it comes to fighting Bowser here?

Like the only choice for him is to try and laser camp and get bowser high enough to just hit with a smash...

Inferno3044

Smash Master

Like the only choice for him is to try and laser camp and get bowser high enough to just hit with a smash...
Bowser is definitely a hard counter for Fox

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, is he seeing any nerfs then?

just saying, even though this is Brawl-, a point of the design is to keep things still fair, and if he counters a good chunk of the cast >.>

Hunch

Smash Rookie

IIrc the strong initial hits of Bair and Nair make him flinch, don't they? With the illusion cancel he gets a few approach mixups. It's no cakewalk, but I still don't think it's as bad as the aforementioned Lucario matchup.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Fox doesn't have trouble with B00zer.

Ur doing the MU wrong.

Ugh I fail so hard at chatspeak

Sharky

Smash Master
Well, it's still an optional thing. We can make it so that you don't DJC it normally, but if you hold the jump button, you DJC it. That would work.
you didn't read that post, did you...

edit: xyless, I don't suppose you could still rework the egglay cancel, could you? Cause we could use egglay to djc, then cancel egglay really fast and effectively have a djc. Just leave a small window during the start-up of egglay where you can do any aerial out of it. That way we have the option, AND it isn't intrusive.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Fox doesn't have trouble with B00zer.

Ur doing the MU wrong.

Ugh I fail so hard at chatspeak
but he's severely limited in options, as in he only has like a few moves that are viable vs him at all, and theyre all rather predictable for the Bowser player

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
They're also all he needs.

Bowser is trash, he's extremely predictable, and absolutely ***** by grabs. BAir is pretty much all you need to beat him.

NNID
Budget_Player
Bowser has trouble in a lot of matchups... He's actually getting some pretty considerable buffs. That said, fox doesn't really suck that hard against him (Bair, Nair, smashes, GIGANTIC SIDEB->GRAB, etc.), and Lucario is getting the odd buff that really helps the matchup.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Something I've never tried and can't right now due to the state of my SD Card, does the slip element trip bowser on Fox Illusion?

Sharky

Smash Master
Man I am bored tonight.

you didn't read that post, did you...

edit: xyless, I don't suppose you could still rework the egglay cancel, could you? Cause we could use egglay to djc, then cancel egglay really fast and effectively have a djc. Just leave a small window during the start-up of egglay where you can do any aerial out of it. That way we have the option, AND it isn't intrusive.
any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom