• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrohawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Afrohawk
I'm getting a weird problem. I can run B- just fine with textures the first match, but after it everything gets disabled for some reason. All the moves for the others stop loading as well. I figure it's a problem with the loading of the pacs themselves, but I have no idea why they stop loading.

I can run B- just fine without textures though.

EDIT: Never mind, problem corrected. the problem is that I have an alternate textures folder but I don't think the code is in effect for Brawl-. Is there any way to edit the gct so I can add that code in?

EDIT2: Got rid of the alternate textures but now character textures disable stuff.

Also, quick question, was the effect with Zelda's dtilt intentionally going into the floor? 'Cause as a long range weapon it doesn't have much use, though I can see plenty of edgeguarding potential there.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Actually I'm pretty sure you have to hold up.
>_> Ur dum.

Up isn't left or right so it works. Down would work too.

I find you have to tap B twice for the double punch, I never get it when I only tap it once
Maybe because pressing B again gives you something to focus on instead of moving the stick?

Also, quick question, was the effect with Zelda's dtilt intentionally going into the floor?
Yupp~

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Is there anyway to cancel dair with Toon Link earlier? I sometimes find myself getting gimp sometimes if I dair at stage height.
Also, I want Falco's melee reflector. :(

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
1. Hm, I think you can upB or jump out of it.

Falco's melee reflector can't be done because we don't wanna copy P:M too much :B

Turazrok

Smash Master
Fox's reflector is weird. Sometimes they fall down sometimes they don't, usually at higher %.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
So... so it doesn't load?

To load Brawl -, you need the SD card in, which causes the system to crash after the stage screen.
I'm unsure of what you said, but if you mean it crashes at stage selection, It sounds like the game is trying to load a bad custom stage, happened for my friend even without hax on.

Deleting every custom stage should fix dis.

@Silence: If only you guys has more stuff P:M wanted ;p

BEES

Smash Lord
welp, goodbye brawl+

you had a good run, but in the end, you got watered down into a game where absolutely nothing is broken, and the result was a slightly faster, more engaging experience than brawl, but a completely vanilla experience at that, with plenty of camping and much of the cast relegated to slow, uninteresting priority-whoring metagames.

Project:M, a worthwhile concept, but why remake an old game when you could make an entirely new game?

brawl- seems the most interesting at the moment. It could be faster, I think. It's off to a good start though. And I say that as someone who still plays Melee religiously, and who played brawl+ up until this point.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Project:M, a worthwhile concept, but why remake an old game when you could make an entirely new game?
Did you ever buy Pokemon Fire Red/ Leaf Green/ HeartGold/ Soulsilver??? Because if you did I will find you and break your kneecaps tru fax.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
This is what i think of Brawl-

While i enjoyed regular Brawl quite a lot,what started to get old and annoying was the one thing that stands out the most in the game when you play semi-competitively....Meta Knight(By Meta Knight i mean the unbalanced cast in general,not the character.I figured since MK was a piece of broken s*** i might as well replace the whole word since he is basically the definition,and yes,i might be exagerating and being an idiot altogether,but whatever).

I found myself wishing that Captain Falcon suddenly transformed to his Melee self whenever i was being ***** by constant b-air spam (Wolf,Kirby,DDD,etc) because he just wasn't fast enough.I wanted a smash game where Link(my main) didn't suck at recovering,and a smash game where everyone had equal chance.

Of course this was just a dream,but then i found out about Brawl Minus.Now,b-air spam gets punished by a fierce flying rocket momentum propelled mother******* Knee Smash.No one can kill Link by lol hit u outside and edgehogz(most of the time,at least).For this,i thank the B- Team.Like,seriously,i love you guys for this(no homo).

Now that i got that out of my system,the actual game.I think that the addition of shieldstun and hitstun was just great.So great in fact that when you guys released the first 3 characters,though they were now broken,they could still get ***** by other regular characters because of the large hitstun.This alone created balance.Don't ever change it.

The shieldstun is great for people who hate getting shield-grabbed.Though now it's not so easy to do because of it,it makes you have to rely more on your skill rather than "lolol ill wait 4 u to atak so i can grabz u".It kind of makes grab-happy players look for more options and try more risky stuff in their playing style.

The frame reduction on the ledge was just lolzy.At first i didn't realize it had changed until my friend(who LOVES to edgehog,by the way) was like "Why does everyone but ME have invincibility frames?" when he kept getting killed by up-b's.This change alone made it a LOT more dangerous(danger=fun) in FFA's because(in our case) a lot of my friends and myself will all be outside the stage at the same time,fighting for the ledge.Edge games,hell yes.

From a competitive view,the game is kind of like Melee was,in the sense that whoever made the first mistake gets ***** by a combo first.And i think that's just great.

The characters are all,of course,broken as hell(duh).From my favorites to the ones i hate the most.It adds more balance than any other Brawl mod in my opinion.What i absolutely love about B- is that,even if you say "omg that attack is so broken",you can find a way around it and punish with your own broken move(Example:R.O.B's multi-laser punished by Link's up-B when R.O.B is at high %,or -insert any move here- punished by Knee)

I'm sorry if this is too serious of a feedback post for something thats supposed to be pure lulz,but i truly enjoy what you did to the game and hope you can keep improving it in the future so me and my friends can keep on saying "Ohh what the f***?!"

Brawl Minus is Brawl but "minus" all the crap that Sakurai wanted us to eat.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
So one time when I was messing around with this game I ended up fighting as Diddy against a Wario CPU

At one point, he fsmashed me out of my up-B...and the jetpack froze in place with an active hitbox.

Is this supposed to happen?

<3 this btw. I'll be sending in some stuff for the combo vid.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
omg...snakes c4 should stop immediately after you drop it. so if you drop it in the air it'll stay there. if you drop it on the ground it should fall to the stage...that'd be epic.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

While i enjoyed regular Brawl quite a lot,what started to get old and annoying was the one thing that stands out the most in the game when you play semi-competitively....Meta Knight(By Meta Knight i mean the unbalanced cast in general,not the character.I figured since MK was a piece of broken s*** i might as well replace the whole word since he is basically the definition,and yes,i might be exagerating and being an idiot altogether,but whatever).

I found myself wishing that Captain Falcon suddenly transformed to his Melee self whenever i was being ***** by constant b-air spam (Wolf,Kirby,DDD,etc) because he just wasn't fast enough.I wanted a smash game where Link(my main) didn't suck at recovering,and a smash game where everyone had equal chance.

Of course this was just a dream,but then i found out about Brawl Minus.Now,b-air spam gets punished by a fierce flying rocket momentum propelled mother******* Knee Smash.No one can kill Link by lol hit u outside and edgehogz(most of the time,at least).For this,i thank the B- Team.Like,seriously,i love you guys for this(no homo).

Now that i got that out of my system,the actual game.I think that the addition of shieldstun and hitstun was just great.So great in fact that when you guys released the first 3 characters,though they were now broken,they could still get ***** by other regular characters because of the large hitstun.This alone created balance.Don't ever change it.

The shieldstun is great for people who hate getting shield-grabbed.Though now it's not so easy to do because of it,it makes you have to rely more on your skill rather than "lolol ill wait 4 u to atak so i can grabz u".It kind of makes grab-happy players look for more options and try more risky stuff in their playing style.

The frame reduction on the ledge was just lolzy.At first i didn't realize it had changed until my friend(who LOVES to edgehog,by the way) was like "Why does everyone but ME have invincibility frames?" when he kept getting killed by up-b's.This change alone made it a LOT more dangerous(danger=fun) in FFA's because(in our case) a lot of my friends and myself will all be outside the stage at the same time,fighting for the ledge.Edge games,hell yes.

From a competitive view,the game is kind of like Melee was,in the sense that whoever made the first mistake gets ***** by a combo first.And i think that's just great.

The characters are all,of course,broken as hell(duh).From my favorites to the ones i hate the most.It adds more balance than any other Brawl mod in my opinion.What i absolutely love about B- is that,even if you say "omg that attack is so broken",you can find a way around it and punish with your own broken move(Example:R.O.B's multi-laser punished by Link's up-B when R.O.B is at high %,or -insert any move here- punished by Knee)

I'm sorry if this is too serious of a feedback post for something thats supposed to be pure lulz,but i truly enjoy what you did to the game and hope you can keep improving it in the future so me and my friends can keep on saying "Ohh what the f***?!"

I love this post.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
omg...snakes c4 should stop immediately after you drop it. so if you drop it in the air it'll stay there. if you drop it on the ground it should fall to the stage...that'd be epic.
That would be incredible

But couldn't it screw up with his recovery?

NNID
Budget_Player

+epeen

So one time when I was messing around with this game I ended up fighting as Diddy against a Wario CPU

At one point, he fsmashed me out of my up-B...and the jetpack froze in place with an active hitbox.

Is this supposed to happen?

<3 this btw. I'll be sending in some stuff for the combo vid.
Yeah. It used to be invisible. :p

Nice vid, esmasher.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Puny 1-player modes no match for Ganondorf!

I now have a record 42000+ feet.
Boss battles in 3 minutes on intense.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Ok, so I discovered a really crazy technique as Ike

-Counter Dash: Using the above technique, once you hit the ground simply Down-B and Ike will zip across the stage even faster and farther. There are 3 versions of it
->Forward Counter Dash: The average slide, goes a bit far, but nothing crazy. Simply hitting Down-B will work
->Forward Reverse Counter Dash: Strongest Slide, capable of sliding across all of FD. Angle Down-B slightly too the opposite side of the dash, and he'll turn around and slide.
->Reverse Counter Dash: This is easily the strangest, Ike will immediately stop all forward momentum, turn around, and Wavedash about 1/3 of FD the other way. Done by mashing Down-B the other way from your forward slide. Can end up facing both ways, but no noticable slide difference
Im unsure how long counter works in the slides, would appreciate testing on the actual counter part of this technique

IT's in my Ike guide, Id check it out too fully understand it, but its fing crazy. It makes Melee's wavedash seem like child's play. Im gonna try too get a recording of it right away, Xyless is gonna have to put it up though since I cant record at all

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Downloaded Brawl Minus from the front page and spent 3-5 hrs last night playing it with friends. Here are a few changes you should consider making before I use it at my tournament Apr 24:

• You need the right custom CSS code set. I deleted all my old content from the SD card, copied over what I downloaded and booted it up. All the pretty intro brawl- graphics worked, but when we got to the CSS we couldnt pick characters near the bottom.
  • The standard should be 4 stock, not 5... seriously. Matches take WAY too long at 5 stock with certain characters, trust me.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Unless it was a change made recently, it is indeed 5 stock. Also, the CSS (minus other mode annoyances) works fine for multiplayer purposes, atleast it does for me. You probably have a conflicting file or something.

Edit: Oops, I meant 4 stock, but I had 5 stock on the mind in that comment ^^;

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Downloaded Brawl Minus from the front page and spent 3-5 hrs last night playing it with friends. Here are a few changes you should consider making before I use it at my tournament Apr 24:

• You need the right custom CSS code set. I deleted all my old content from the SD card, copied over what I downloaded and booted it up. All the pretty intro brawl- graphics worked, but when we got to the CSS we couldnt pick characters near the bottom.
  • The standard should be 4 stock, not 5... seriously. Matches take WAY too long at 5 stock with certain characters, trust me.
you didnt replace the gct from what i gathered, as our gct has the code to fix the CSS's bottom and is 4 stock. so yea

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
you didnt replace the gct from what i gathered, as our gct has the code to fix the CSS's bottom and is 4 stock. so yea
That may be true, but try it yourself. Use the download link from the front page:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n30yhzn2ktz - Brawl Minus... Official Release v1.0 -- Saturday, March 27th, 2010. (Will put up a DDL mirror soon)
What I did was rename my old RSBE folder to "RSBE - old" then I copied to RSBE folder from the Brawl Minus Download onto my SD card. This way I would not have any conflicting files.

Next I opened my SD:\codes folder and renamed my gct file to "RSBE01 - old.gct" then copied to gct file from the Brawl Minus Download codes folder to my sd card.

I booted up Brawl Minus, saw the pretty intro graphics, went to CSS and the bottom part was buggy.

... Or at least I'm fairly certain this is exactly what I did. I would try it out yourself to ensure it all works, or, at the very least move everything off of your SD card first then copy the Brawl Minus SD card files from the Brawl Minus Download onto the SD card. I'll try it again when I get home today.

And mine defaults to 5 stock, therefore I'm certain that I was using "your" gct file... cause mine has a default setting for 3 stock. Also, the standard should be 4 stock instead of 5, as previously mentioned.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The one in there...

Default Settings Modifier
* 24494A98 80000000
* 20523300 00000000
* 04523300 DEADBEEF
* 42000000 90000000
* 0417F360 00000100
* 0417F364 04000A00
* 0417F368 08010100
* 0417F36C 01000000
* E0000000 80008000
4-Stock, 8 Minutes
Handicap OFF
Damage Ratio 1.0
Stage Choice - Choose
Team Attack ON
Pause ON
Score Display OFF
Damage Gauge ON

CSS Fix [Phantom Wings]
* 046A0C68 C2000000
* 0469DC18 40820030
* 0469DC40 2C030000
* 04689E88 60000000

Has 4 stock and the CSS Fix code. I tried the GCT and it matched up with the text.

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
I'm unsure of what you said, but if you mean it crashes at stage selection, It sounds like the game is trying to load a bad custom stage, happened for my friend even without hax on.

Deleting every custom stage should fix dis.

@Silence: If only you guys has more stuff P:M wanted ;p
Trying to use GeckOS. I don't have any stages.

NNID
Budget_Player
That may be true, but try it yourself. Use the download link from the front page:

What I did was rename my old RSBE folder to "RSBE - old" then I copied to RSBE folder from the Brawl Minus Download onto my SD card. This way I would not have any conflicting files.

Next I opened my SD:\codes folder and renamed my gct file to "RSBE01 - old.gct" then copied to gct file from the Brawl Minus Download codes folder to my sd card.

I booted up Brawl Minus, saw the pretty intro graphics, went to CSS and the bottom part was buggy.

... Or at least I'm fairly certain this is exactly what I did. I would try it out yourself to ensure it all works, or, at the very least move everything off of your SD card first then copy the Brawl Minus SD card files from the Brawl Minus Download onto the SD card. I'll try it again when I get home today.

And mine defaults to 5 stock, therefore I'm certain that I was using "your" gct file... cause mine has a default setting for 3 stock. Also, the standard should be 4 stock instead of 5, as previously mentioned.
Yeah, you have the wrong GCT.

Ok, so I discovered a really crazy technique as Ike

-Counter Dash: Using the above technique, once you hit the ground simply Down-B and Ike will zip across the stage even faster and farther. There are 3 versions of it
->Forward Counter Dash: The average slide, goes a bit far, but nothing crazy. Simply hitting Down-B will work
->Forward Reverse Counter Dash: Strongest Slide, capable of sliding across all of FD. Angle Down-B slightly too the opposite side of the dash, and he'll turn around and slide.
->Reverse Counter Dash: This is easily the strangest, Ike will immediately stop all forward momentum, turn around, and Wavedash about 1/3 of FD the other way. Done by mashing Down-B the other way from your forward slide. Can end up facing both ways, but no noticable slide difference
Im unsure how long counter works in the slides, would appreciate testing on the actual counter part of this technique

IT's in my Ike guide, Id check it out too fully understand it, but its fing crazy. It makes Melee's wavedash seem like child's play. Im gonna try too get a recording of it right away, Xyless is gonna have to put it up though since I cant record at all
O.o

This is nuts. Vid plox.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
I love Brawl Minus. I love landing an actual Sacred Combo that's actually a combo. I love breaking shields with Eruption. I love how **** Ike's Dtilt is. It went from rarely used move to staple jab combo ender. I love Aether healing, Gannen Utilt shieldbreaking, Luigi's godly combos, double knee, triple knee, Ikecopter mindgames, flying Eruption, everything. So far, I have to put the best characters as Wario and Squirtle, but that's just what I think. I will be enjoying Brawl Minus for quite a while.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I love Brawl Minus. I love landing an actual Sacred Combo that's actually a combo. I love breaking shields with Eruption. I love how **** Ike's Dtilt is. It went from rarely used move to staple jab combo ender. I love Aether healing, Gannen Utilt shieldbreaking, Luigi's godly combos, double knee, triple knee, Ikecopter mindgames, flying Eruption, everything. So far, I have to put the best characters as Wario and Squirtle, but that's just what I think. I will be enjoying Brawl Minus for quite a while.
We all will have fun, that mod is definitively one of the most fun things we ever had! :laugh: gonna play now.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
...are both in vBrawl and already known and don't sound any different

sounds awesome

They should be the same since all you're doing is changing your momentum.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The best thing I've seen so far is a reverse sacred combo, where a friend of mine went Falcon Punch => knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom