• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Or you stand still and let your shield just ping it off...I think.

Okay real ways to deal with this.

1) Just shield and let it go through
2) Airdodge through it
3) If you get caught, DI away from the direction its moving. If it's 100% horizontal, DI down so gravity helps you.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Just installed the 2.0 Minus (from 1.6)

Damn I really love Ganon and new Lucas. C.Falcon can still get some ridiculous 0 > death combos, he's always fun to play.
Minus if even better now, good job!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
DIing down as Link. As it carries you offstage. Genius.

Though seriously, it's not really a problem. Just reflectors mess with Link and are silly.

And have awesome implications in doubles.

OH MY GOD YOSHI CAN JUMP OUT OF SHIELD THIS IS THE BEST MOD EVER MADE

Swordplay

Smash Lord
In all seriousness. Can anybody replicate that DK freeze glitch or do you think it was a one time thing?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This game is hella fun times a million

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Can I get an ETA on the patch? I'm planning on hosting a dedicated Brawl Minus tournament in July, I'd like to make sure people can practice or I'll move it back.

NNID
Budget_Player
And PAL compatibility
We're waiting on the port of one code from standardtoaster, and then we'll have a fully playable, 100% compatible PAL release... albeit with no SFX. That is probably not the end of the world though.

Or... wait, no he finished it. Which means I can compile this fairly quickly... No SFX, but everything else should work. :) PAL gets some love as soon as I compile this.

Can I get an ETA on the patch? I'm planning on hosting a dedicated Brawl Minus tournament in July, I'd like to make sure people can practice or I'll move it back.
Should be fairly soon. Hopefully next week, but no promises... There are one or two things we still have to fix (Wario glitch on brinstar, Kirby t-pose) and one more thing I'd like to fix (DK barrels effects). Any coders willing to help with those things should PM me, btw.

@Joe: if you don't know what you're doing I don't know how much help you can be...

JOE!

Smash Hero
which is why Id only help if someone gave me a rundown on how to code, i'm a fast learner :p

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Oh! I was under the impression that the main porting problem was the SFX!

Oh well.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Unlock all characters would help a lot with new set-ups and trying to get it to load on other people's wiis.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Back with another question (I think this is good place to ask since I probably won't get a response from the Help threads and you guys definitely know what you're doing). But here is my question:

How do I make the Spring bounce forever like in Brawl Minus Sonic? I increased the Spring Duration (hexed offset 1B684) but instead of lasting for longer it just disappeared. I noticed however that there was another subroutine called 27704 that seems to relate to the spring. I replicated the stuff in this subroutine, then sent the original hitbox of the spring to this subroutine but it didn't have any effect. It still stayed there for the same amount of time.

If anyone can help me, I'll be extremely grateful.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Actually, never mind about my previous comment. I figured it out and I must say it's very clever. You guys are awesome. I'm loving Brawl Minus and keep up the great work!

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
We're waiting on the port of one code from standardtoaster, and then we'll have a fully playable, 100% compatible PAL release... albeit with no SFX. That is probably not the end of the world though.

Or... wait, no he finished it. Which means I can compile this fairly quickly... No SFX, but everything else should work. :) PAL gets some love as soon as I compile this.
Did you update the File Patch Code for PAL versions?
The old code froze randomly when borrowing a life during a team match. Is it fixed finally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom