• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Except if you're facing a Sheik.

Otherwise, Metal Mario Anubis is one of the best in the game.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I only did PT because he was my job.

As for Wolf, he can 0-death. Just try to combo more. Remember to finish off the top with UpB.
Charged Laser can be shielded, but it has heavy shield damage. Also it doesn't reset the timer until the last laser shoots.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Daymn, Bowser's heavy armour is 1337 o.O Facing him with faster, weaker characters (Fox, Falco, Sonic, Metaknight etc) is really hard. And I love it XD

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Daymn, Bowser's heavy armour is 1337 o.O Facing him with faster, weaker characters (Fox, Falco, Sonic, Metaknight etc) is really hard. And I love it XD
Yea.... First off, Falco shouldn't be in here. Falco can camp bowser with his 4 jumps and his ridiculously long ranged fsmash. Not to mention his dair, bair and uair(maybe, I'd have to check) all beat super armor.you just play like you would play vbrawl falco and you win...

That pretty much goes with everyone else on that list too. Know which moves break the armor and you can beat him relatively easily. Fox has a sliding grab as well if you didn't notice, along with his bair, uair, nair if its fresh and you sweetspot it, and his all smashes. Fox can move around the stage awesomely now as well...

Now sonic and Mk do have more of a problem though... You have to out space him and try to find where you can attack safely. Sonic can grab pretty easily and has bair. If you attack correctly, an auto-cancelled fair landing behind him should give you some nice damage too. I think nair sweetspot works as well.

So basically, try to outspace him and you win. But don't play against him on warioware..... ever.....

NNID
Budget_Player
MK puts the hurt on bowser. Sure, all he has is upB, Dsmash, Utilt, Nair, and Fsmash... But has that ever stopped him before? Think about it–if you do not powershield it, you cannot punish MK's dsmash on shield effectively. UpB is just as bad. Sure, bowser ruins MK's day anywhere where MK has to take to the air (Japes is especially bad... Dear god ban this stage if you main MK), but MK has a lot of really powerful tools against Bowser.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, bowser's SA ive found is really only amazing once he gets momentum going for him, otherwise it's just a thing you have to work-around MU wise

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Tbh, a lot of my "verdicts" are based off first impressions, and I thank you guys for telling me how to go about playing against other characters. This definitely takes a quite a bit more skill than vBrawl, and as a result it's a lot more fun. I'm still learning how to play with each character at the moment (I'm pretty new to Brawl-). But I'm enjoying a lot of them and each of the new skills and approaches each of them has.

My absolute favourite at the moment has to be Fox though. He seems to have absolutely massive potential. Side B aerial/shine cancel; shine's new low angle hit, jump cancellable shine (so you can quick air dodge back down to the ground and do a Shine -> Jab combo), improved D Throw. So much about Fox seems badass XD

Every character I've had a quick playtest of so far has made me smile in one way or another. This is actually the only codeset that has made me enjoy playing as every character.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Super Armor is an official term

Much like Strong Attacks, Perfect Shielding, Small Jump, Slipping/prat falling, and Ukemi

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys.

I keep encountering a bug on NPC-.

It involves passing through the wall collisions of the iceberg where it intersects with the boat thing.

Easiest way to cause it is by walltrapping somebody (not Bowser) there with Sheik. UTilt seems to be the most effective way to cause it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Super Armor is an official term

Much like Strong Attacks, Perfect Shielding, Small Jump, Slipping/prat falling, and Ukemi

:phone:
So is Heavy Armor.

HA is absorbing the damage under a given percent and not taking knockback.
KBA(KnockBack Armor) is absorbing an attack under a certain amount of KB regardless of percent.
SA is absorbing the damage regardless of the percent or KB

Also, strong attacks? Ukemi?
So guys.

I keep encountering a bug on NPC-.

It involves passing through the wall collisions of the iceberg where it intersects with the boat thing.

Easiest way to cause it is by walltrapping somebody (not Bowser) there with Sheik. UTilt seems to be the most effective way to cause it.
NPC- was never supposed to be in 2.0 anyways.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm guessing because Sheik breaks walls? If not, why?

Also, Strong Attacks are tilts, and I'm pretty sure "Ukemi" is what we call teching.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
We tried so hard to make the blastzones seamless and make the Iceberg uncampable.

At one point we removed all [floor and wall] collisions beyond the Iceberg so you couldn't stall in it.

The game did. not. like. that.

Every so often, a "cut" would appear across the screen, GRAB A CHARACTER, drag them into some indeterminable location, and kill them if they moved enough. It was one of the most bull**** things I've ever seen so we just left the collisions alone.

Oh, and we couldn't figure out which parts of the iceberg had the faulty corners.

NNID
Budget_Player
IUBC will back me up. Only thing thats really nuts is metal mario.

The metal mario stock tank doubles strat is so good.
In dubs I can see this; he doesn't get CG'd quite as hard. In singles? Go metal, get CG'd for the next 30 seconds, lol.

I'm guessing because Sheik breaks walls? If not, why?
Because it's really really dumb. Gigantic blastzones, kind of a wall going on, that ******** boat... Oh and it looks beyond ridiculous to boot.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
May I ask why Ganondorf's Dair can't kill off the top when hitting a grounded opponent as early as he can in vBrawl? vBrawl can kill with that move at like... ~30% earlier (110 instead of over 140 on FD vs. Mario). It leaves a poor taste in my mouth for this kind of mod, especially since it's pretty hard to kill someone in that way in the first place because they can tech it. Maybe increase the KBG a bit?

Oh and I hope Peach gets fixed. That glitch where when she pulls an item in the air after using at least 1 float she becomes unable to do anything at all is well... yeah.

inb4 that'swhatshesaid

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Because Ganon doesn't need anymore ways to kill people. Seriously, Ganondorf is probably the best character in the game. DAir is for setting them up for a FAir or something. It's a combo starter.

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh and I hope Peach gets fixed. That glitch where when she pulls an item in the air after using at least 1 float she becomes unable to do anything at all is well... yeah.

inb4 that'swhatshesaid
I fixed the more common time where she broke with pulling in the air, I'll look at that one tonight.

NNID
Budget_Player
May I ask why Ganondorf's Dair can't kill off the top when hitting a grounded opponent as early as he can in vBrawl? vBrawl can kill with that move at like... ~30% earlier (110 instead of over 140 on FD vs. Mario). It leaves a poor taste in my mouth for this kind of mod, especially since it's pretty hard to kill someone in that way in the first place because they can tech it. Maybe increase the KBG a bit?

inb4 that'swhatshesaid
Because Ganon doesn't need anymore ways to kill people. Seriously, Ganondorf is probably the best character in the game. DAir is for setting them up for a FAir or something. It's a combo starter.
On one hand this, on the other: "we weren't really thinking about that". :awesome:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
DAir is hilarious for setting up to UpBercut

I would be VERY disappoint if it became a kill move.

imo, only changes Ganon needs are:

A different button to hold for Ganondoken. I CANNOT buffer a wizkick out of the IASA anymore, I have tried and it's just not happening.
No more punch hit on Ganondoken
A running animation

And that's pretty much it.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
And about Ganondorf, I loled at his Neutral B doing 666 damage and instakill XD

Oh btw, I know how to fix that "glitch" where Ike starts any mode (apart from vs mode) with his Neutral B fully charged. I'll PM the glitch fix to whoever's in charge if you want?

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Are rolls and dodges normal Brawl dodges are have they been modified to be less stupid? I was trying 2.0 and thoroughly enjoying Mario and I started a match against a random CPU (in this case it was Mario) and I kept trying to attack him and he kept rolling, spot dodging and air dodging and it was really hard to hit him. It was actually making me mad and that rarely happens. I suck but it still didn't seem right.

PS what are the exact properties of metal cap?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You become Metal for 12 seconds. On the frame he puts his hat back on, he pulls out and uses a Metal Box. It's fast to the point you don't see it happen, and looks like putting the hat on causes it.

As for dodging, you just have to bait the computers with a jab, then punish their endlag.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
REPLAYS replays REPLAYS

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

So while my laptop was/is being derpy and likely dying, I had the time to get a bunch of replays.
No, I do not have a recording set.
Yes, I made some random custom stages and the music is awkward because I use music hacks.
Yes, everything is the Minus 2.0 that should be in the topic. NOT 2.1.
Yes, I have to play against CPUs because my region prefers vBrawl. The narcs.

INSTALLATION

Unzip these to your SD Card: \private\wii\app\RSBE\rp\
Then just go to Replays and they'll be there. That simple!

Mostly Lv7CPU FFAs, then I jump in, then I show off my PT in 1v1s.

Feel free to use this for combo/luls vid material if you want.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
If I can find some time, sure. I have exams coming up for the next few weeks though =/

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Why doesn't Links up-air shoot a Rob laser straight up (and perhaps even third jab)? Definitely a necessary change for the next edition.

There a txt of the 2.0 codeset anywhere? :bee:
Also would like this.

Edit: "addition" instead of "edition?" Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom