• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll totally add you on Skype. This is by far my favourite mod, even more than my own.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'll admit to not doing much of the programming... But yeah, Xyless's post (and somehow I got ninja'd by 2 pages and a day and a half lol) pretty much sums it up as far as how this project works.

Expect 2.1.1 hopefully later today. Mostly bugfixes. Although the DK barrel thing does have me worried.

Yikarur

Smash Master
is there something known about the DL64 freeze I got? I died and the game froze. (instantly on the first game I've played on it)
I didn't play it afterwards anymore because it seemed to be too risky lol but don't know if it was just coincidence.

Xyless

Smash Master
is there something known about the DL64 freeze I got? I died and the game froze. (instantly on the first game I've played on it)
I didn't play it afterwards anymore because it seemed to be too risky lol but don't know if it was just coincidence.
Could you give some details? Like do you know what characters you were using, where you died, did it freeze right when you die or when you respawned, etc?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just want to mention that if you want to pitch ideas, your views on characters, any issue you may have, or whatever else, I'm personally always looking for new things to consider.

So if you have anything you're looking for in a character that you think should be, or maybe something that should be changed, let me know by either PM'ing me or getting in touch with me with Skype (my Skype is XylessBrawl).

/advertising
You guys aren't planning on adding too many more balance-affecting things, though, are you Xyless?

I mean, aside from the few bugs (Jet Hammer slowness, Zard grab release on Mother boys, and looking into what's making DK crash games), I think B- is really at a point where it can start being used competitively.
Or, at least, be used competitively so we can see if it CAN be used competitively. Know what I mean?

We all know that B+ never really got off the ground because it never had room to breathe. I think B-, balance-wise, is ready to breathe and get a proper metagame.

So with the exception of possible tweaks to Samus since she is so new and might need further polish upon hardcore public playtesting, I'd be hesitant to make many more changes that aren't just for teh lulz (like Snake taunt crawl.... brilliant!). But I am not on the team, so this is just an opinion.

Xyless

Smash Master
You guys aren't planning on adding too many more balance-affecting things, though, are you Xyless?

I mean, aside from the few bugs (Jet Hammer slowness, Zard grab release on Mother boys, and looking into what's making DK crash games), I think B- is really at a point where it can start being used competitively.
Or, at least, be used competitively so we can see if it CAN be used competitively. Know what I mean?

We all know that B+ never really got off the ground because it never had room to breathe. I think B-, balance-wise, is ready to breathe and get a proper metagame.

So with the exception of possible tweaks to Samus since she is so new and might need further polish upon hardcore public playtesting, I'd be hesitant to make many more changes that aren't just for teh lulz (like Snake taunt crawl.... brilliant!). But I am not on the team, so this is just an opinion.
For this quick update, that'll be going up in a bit, no, it's just a major bug fix for ZSS vs Captain Falcon (Falcon physically explodes all over the screen because of a pointer that was added to ZSS), reverting DDD back, and a couple of side things to cover some of the issues.

However, I, personally, agree with you, though I believe we probably just need one more major update, which will probably even out some of the higher characters like Luigi, Wolf, (new) Sonic, and a couple of others. I think the low and mid tiers are amazingly close, though, and have tons of depth to them as well.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801

I agree, I'd love to see Brawl- in a more competitive environment. Considering that it's considerably more balanced than vBrawl, I don't see why it couldn't be used. Brawl- is an ideal codeset. It's one with enough accessibility to allow for newer players to have a lot of fun and pick up and play, but it has enough depth to allow for advanced players to really construct some awesome strategies with it.

As regards to installation of the mod, have any really drastic changes been made to Donkey Kong from V2 to V2.1? As in has his balance been affected in any major way. I'm fully aware of his barrel freezing glitch in 2.1, but I don't think it's there in 2.0. Therefore I'm merely asking so that I can use 2.1 for every other character, but 2.0 for DK.

Yikarur

Smash Master
there will be a tournament hosted by Cadet at Sunday! ^-^ and he'll record videos for sure :)

cicerron

Smash Rookie
Hi!^^ I downloaded the PAL release, but, I don't see any changes. And, in the private folder in the PAL pack, there is a folder "RSBE", this is normal?

This is my first SSBB hack, so I could make a mistake. And sorry for my bad english, I'm french ^^"

NNID
Budget_Player
I WILL BE THERE TOO WOOOOH

not sure if I'll be participating though...

:053:
PARTICIPATE YOU GIGANTIC ******

Hi!^^ I downloaded the PAL release, but, I don't see any changes. And, in the private folder in the PAL pack, there is a folder "RSBE", this is normal?

This is my first SSBB hack, so I could make a mistake. And sorry for my bad english, I'm french ^^"
Redownload. It got ****ed up, lol. We fixed it now (I think?)

cicerron

Smash Rookie
But; this is the same link, no? I redownload it but it is the same pack ^^"

I'll wait, I'm not in rush ^_^

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Been playing a lot of Minus the past little while against Douhneill's Peach, and Peach seems a fairly polar character. She just ***** a bunch of characters (Bowser and DK(rash) among them) but gets messed up really badly by a bunch of silly things (she has trouble dealing with Water Gun for one, combined with Squirtle's aerials it's just so difficult for Peach to get back onstage)

Also, the Peach-Samus MU is so lulzy. It's a complete momentum-based MU, once a player gets momentum the only real way they won't get a stock is if they screw up or if Peach gets a Bob-Omb or something. Also Peach just seems to have so much trouble dealing with Homing Missiles, but that might be a lot more characters.

Also Super Ice Missiles <3

Xyless

Smash Master
Don't forget that Toad is very reliable for a lot of situations, possibly even moreso than her dodge at times if you know for sure you're going to get attacked, since she can act out of it.

Captain Hindsight

Smash Rookie
I have a question about the changelist.

"Dedede: maximum number of waddles raised to five"

"Donkey Kong: side taunt heals 6% total"

Waddles are still limited to four and DK's taunt only heals 5% though.

Did someone forget to add those changes or are they just typing errors in the changelist?

Xyless

Smash Master
Yeah, we can't increase the WD count any higher, if I remember correctly. Having too many out can cause freezing or something.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Peach can't just NAir through them all if you time them smartly. If you just mash as Samus to get them out as quickly as possible, yeah, she can. Also yeah, Toad is ****ing gay.

Saran Hasnor

Smash Rookie
I doubt the PAL version is meant to have an RSBE folder... can we correct that ourselves or do we have to wait for an actual fix?
Also, will it work on non-english PAL versions?

cicerron

Smash Rookie
What do you mean about "non-english PAL version"?

Because I'm using a french PAL version...

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I know that the Mario scrolling stages are faster to be more 'Minus-fied,' but the stage insta-killed me before the match even started, not to mention it's now super-easy to just grab the opponent, wait a short bit and then toss them into the blast zone. I know all stages can't be competitive, but that stage is going in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I know that the Mario scrolling stages are faster to be more 'Minus-fied,' but the stage insta-killed me before the match even started, not to mention it's now super-easy to just grab the opponent, wait a short bit and then toss them into the blast zone. I know all stages can't be competitive, but that stage is going in the wrong direction, in my opinion.
This has to be entirely false as I have beaten Super Bowser Bros. (Event 6) before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom