• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cape

Smash Master
Yea, I forgot the no stale moves code like an IDIOT.

About 2 am last night we were getting the last of this together and I had removed the 75% stale moves code that was in the last itteration. Completely forgetting that its important to put "No Stale Moves" back in.

So yea, thanks Bionic for fixing that for me.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Yea, I forgot the no stale moves code like an IDIOT.

About 2 am last night we were getting the last of this together and I had removed the 75% stale moves code that was in the last itteration. Completely forgetting that its important to put "No Stale Moves" back in.

So yea, thanks Bionic for fixing that for me.
Hey. don't sweat it. You all worked hard to make this set a reality, and it's understandable that mistakes were bound to be made in the hurry to get it done.

CaioNintendo

Smash Rookie
I found a couple of bugs:

1- If you put "stage: random" in versus options, when you press start for the match to begin, the game freezes!

2- The turbo jabs wasnt removed! if the jab hits an oponent and you are holding A there will still be the automatic turbo! (the "No more machine gun jabs" only works for jabs that missed the oponent"

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
No Mac installer. :(

I'm trying to run the Windows one on WINE, but what drive letter do I select?

Help please
Working on a nightly build updatifier for Wii right now (as soon as I can get these devkitpro bugs out of the way)

Try C? -shrug-

Rikana

Smash Champion
I actually like the no auto snap until the end frame of sideB's. I haven't tested it yet because I don't really have time but phantasm ledge stall spike is back, yeah? :D

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I got a freeze playing as Jiggly against Charizard on an SSE stage. Freeze occurred when Jiggs used d-tilt.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
One Small problem with the new, AWESOME SSE stage:
Change the Pokemon Trainer's standing point's Z axis and subtract about 10.

It's definitely CP worthy. It's huge horizontally though, so you'll want to use a speed demon there or a camp heavy character to prevent getting CP'd.
Also, if you are going to have it CP, I STRONGLY recommend you lower the horizontlal blast zones in the translation tab in BrawlBox or you may find matches with characters that KO horizontally running the clock.

Here's a pac of that stage with the blast zones modified and PT moved.
http://www.mediafire.com/?l5jmzgat4hj

Edit: I saw you changed the blast zones. My bad.

Just change PT's Z axis to -15 and you're set.

Rikana

Smash Champion
It's 100% neutral.. if you define neutral as flat planes, flat platforms, no movement/distracts. Its just extremely large. But if you mean starter stages.. I wouldn't consider it as its really big.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
can someone fix the buffer it doesn't work online. if u try to use 50 buffer online u will have 50% starting off with >.>

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
SSE will likely be in the same boat as WWR.
CP in singles and neutral in teams.

Still enjoying the set, great work back in the WBR. It's like the set was made to fix all my RC1 gripes.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
SSE will likely be in the same boat as WWR.
CP in singles and neutral in teams.
:<

wow, that sorta...wrecks everything i have in mind for my SSS
imma just leave it on the second page with the rest of the custom stage icons

and is the skyworld fix in this set? More importantly, are the two side platforms the same as the default or are they both completely gone? Even more importantly, where would it go on this list (which im basing the SSS on)?

sorry, i havent had any time to check it myself

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering but are you guys aiming to keep the Sandbag on the WiFi waiting room on purpose?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yes we are.

Don't bring this up again, please. It's not that hard. JUST WALK THROUGH IT.

It stops projectile camping, and adds depth (lol that word again) to the stage.

If you don't like it, don't play on that stage.

Maybe it's just my bias, but I don't get why people don't like the sandbag. The only reason I can think of is the annoying camera, but other than that...yeah. And we probably have the ability to fix the camera anyways.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
:<

wow, that sorta...wrecks everything i have in mind for my SSS
imma just leave it on the second page with the rest of the custom stage icons

and is the skyworld fix in this set? More importantly, are the two side platforms the same as the default or are they both completely gone? Even more importantly, where would it go on this list (which im basing the SSS on)?

sorry, i havent had any time to check it myself
It's not like it can't be neutral it's just that IMO the stage is far too big to be truly neutral.
It would depend on the TO though. I just think stages that big polarize too many matchups to be neutral in singles. The platforms stop it from being as bad as FD at least.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Well since it won't be removed, I guess I'll keep in mind that I need to add the No Sandbag code.

This is it right? Just put it in between the first line and the second line? Or do I need a specific code for different stages? I just got this code from the Hanenbow stage to WiFi Training Stage.
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
so this be official nightly builds?
just asking, since usually i see shanus in the OP
i dont wanna be downloading a spin-off, un-official, nightly that a few users made

shanus

Smash Hero
so this be official nightly builds?
just asking, since usually i see shanus in the OP
i dont wanna be downloading a spin-off, un-official, nightly that a few users made
yes it is a beta release right now

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Am I getting a placebo effect, or were Jiggs' f-throw and b-throw changed? I see nothing about them in the change list, but I feel the KB is less than in 5.0 RC1.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
While it seems most of the recent autosnap removals work fine, Lucario's Extremespeed shows some...unwanted behavior.

Sure, it snaps at the end of its animation, and it acts similar to Melee phantasms if it aims slightly above the ledge (it'll slide onto the stage).

However, something probably needs to be done to how the move detects running into a wall, since actually attempting to recover into a ledge mid-ES-animation causes Lucario to go into special fall.

Somewhat a large contrast to an once overly-safe recovery to now one that is sh*t, but that's why this is a beta. ^_^

* Posting it here for everyone else to see too.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Re-posting in case it wasn't seen:

I got a freeze on an SSE stage as Jiggly, against Charizard. Froze when I used d-tilt. Not sure if this has to do with Zard, Jiggs, or just the SSE stage conflicting with one of the GSH codes.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I also had an issue with jiggz and charizard on the sse jungle.

It froze as soon as I tried to move for me.

I assume this would also happen with the other singular pokeys.

EDIT: also had a freeze with jiggs (fighting a samus) on WWR.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've been really busy to keep up with the B+ metagame the past month, but did Marth really need all those nerfs? All of those changes pretty much took out the "cannon" from the "glass cannon" that he was built to be in RC1, if you get what I'm trying to say.

- Removed F smash tip size increase
Does this mean that the f-smash no longer matches the animation, again (as it was increased to match with the animation better). Does it also take awway his ability to hit players on top of some of the higher platforms (I've tested it for ones like on Battlefield, but not all)?
- F throw more base, B throw IASA isnt as quick
Again, another nerf to his combo game. I can understand these changes though, but perhaps it was changed a little too much...? (Perhaps, but I'll need to try it out a little more.)
- U tilt, D smash, and upB back to original stats
I really think the up-b should be like what it is in RC1. Being able to reverse Dolphin Slash as a way to finish combos off-stage really helps him. It always bothered me that you couldn't reverse dolphin slash in vBrawl like you could in Melee, and I was ecstatic when I saw it in RC1, but not it's gone again... This is probably my biggest problem with Marth's changes in this nightly.
- U smash 4 dmg hitbox to half size
Meh, don't really mind this change at all.
- Bair tipper has higher angle and is stronger, blade hit has lower angle and is weaker
B-air rewarded players for spacing this correctly depending on the circumstances, by giving a strong kill move for tipping, or awesome combo move for not-tipping it, depending on the situation that calls for either one. I don't mind the change in the tipper as much, since the angle is probably a little too low before, but I don't like how low the angle for the non-tipper is. It just feels odd, now, for some reason.

On a totally unrelated note: when you do Samus's bombs while crouching, you have IASA frames immediately after planting the bomb. I found this really useful, but this only works when you use a bomb from a crouching position, so I'm wondering if this was unintentional.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm also wondering if this change is still in the build:

Wolf:
- Fair autocancel frame moved up to compensate higher landing lag
ALR seems to be back to the 50% it was before. The autocancel window seems tougher than the other past "Cape dailies," but still a lot more lenient than RC1 and before. Clarification would be nice as I do not see anything difference between the current Cape Wolf and RC1 Wolf in regards to Fair in PSA.

Although it might be placebo, since I learned how to consistently perform it in past builds.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um yeah we intentionally kept it. It's not annoying and unfair.

and it's not a "move", it's a technique.

Lrn to avoid it.

shanus

Smash Hero
While it seems most of the recent autosnap removals work fine, Lucario's Extremespeed shows some...unwanted behavior.

Sure, it snaps at the end of its animation, and it acts similar to Melee phantasms if it aims slightly above the ledge (it'll slide onto the stage).

However, something probably needs to be done to how the move detects running into a wall, since actually attempting to recover into a ledge mid-ES-animation causes Lucario to go into special fall.

Somewhat a large contrast to an once overly-safe recovery to now one that is sh*t, but that's why this is a beta. ^_^

* Posting it here for everyone else to see too.
I saw that recently mself, and am looking to make a fix. I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not though :-\

Almas

Smash Lord
Land from an aerial whilst having momentum that drags you off the platform you land on, hence cancelling the landing lag.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...I just noticed that footstool is no longer with up-taunt. (No wonder why I was failing every footstool... :laugh:) What was the reason for the reversal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom