• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobson

Smash Lord
I've never really understood all the "ZSS ruins Samus' good strong character with blatant fanservice" arguments because Samus has been stripping for you in the endings since the very first game. Breasts larger than her face is a bit much, and she could do without the Hollywood Action Girl stereotyping, but you can't say that Samus was never a fanservice character anyway. My main issue with her is that she's taking up a spot where an actual character could be instead.

Everyone else in Brawl is pretty cool, though.

The H Kid

Original
I've never really understood all the "ZSS ruins Samus' good strong character with blatant fanservice" arguments because Samus has been stripping for you in the endings since the very first game. Breasts larger than her face is a bit much, and she could do without the Hollywood Action Girl stereotyping, but you can't say that Samus was never a fanservice character anyway. My main issue with her is that she's taking up a spot where an actual character could be instead.
Thats like saying Shiek is wasting character space...

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I hate TL because he is a copy of Link who should be a good character but isnt...

I also hate Ike and Marth b/c I hate all fire emblem characters

I used to hate Falco and Fox b/c i also just hated space animals, but not as much now...

I hate Pit because of his annoying *** voice and moveset

I dont mind most of the other characters in all honesty...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Yoshi - If they weren't going to make him any better, why bother put him in? No one would've missed him.
MANY people would've missed him. Including mahself.
Marth - There aren't any non-MetaKnight characters that can beat him... :(
I'm fairly certain ROB owns him...just mah opinion, doh...
Pit - If you look up cheap in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of his face there.
...Heh, if you think PIT is cheap...
Sonic - WTF??!!!! We demanded him for SOOO long, and all we get is a cheap character who has gay taunts.
And two special attacks that are virtually the same...
Olimar - Depending on who you use, you can barely hit him. Just too many d*** pikmin!
Olimar is extremely evil if used correctly :)
Ike - (To Ike) "Ur at 149% and I'm at 61%, I'm gonna' win!" (Ike uses fsmash) "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"
...I guess...Ike IS pretty fackin' annoyin'...
Pokemon Trainer - I don't hate him, I just think he's too gimmicky. They should've only had Charizard.
Can't argue with ya there...Mewtwo should've been in that spot instead...
Wolf - Little kids on Wi-Fi spam any move involving his claws. 'Nuff said.
That's because those are usually his KOing moves, methinks...
My comments are in red...

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman

Everyone else in Brawl is pretty cool, though.
I also think that argument indirectly says that it'd be preferable if Samus were ugly, or never did anything remotely sensual looking in order to keep being badass. Even if she's become kind of a vixen nowadays it doesn't stop the fact that she's still the same planet destroying bounty hunter, and she's still primarilly known for the gameplay of her games first, and how she looks second. Not a lot of female characters can boast that so it's still an acomplishment.

I think one could definitely critisize the increased use of her more fanservicy traits, but to say she's been ruined I think is pretty silly. It screams political correctness.

bobson

Smash Lord
Thats like saying Shiek is wasting character space...
Sheik plays out as a separate character in her series until it's revealed that she's the same person as Zelda; plus, Sheik is part of Zelda's moveset. ZSS is literally Samus in a different outfit. Their playstyles are different, sure, but ZSS has absolutely no merit as a character separate from Samus.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Sheik plays out as a separate character in her series until it's revealed that she's the same person as Zelda; plus, Sheik is part of Zelda's moveset. ZSS is literally Samus in a different outfit. Their playstyles are different, sure, but ZSS has absolutely no merit as a character separate from Samus.
I null your argument void by saying that this game was meant to play with Smash Balls. A.K.A Samus and ZZS were MEANT to be played side by side as startegy.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even know there was an argument about Samus and Zamus being considered different characters. I mean...they're both basically different versions of the same woman.

They're separate characters in the gameplay sense yeah...but they both share the same character spot for a reason. I don't see why giving Samus an extra mode or gimmick to play around with though is an unworthy addition though.

Folm

Smash Cadet
I hate Sonic the most. I hate Sonic because he's so annoying! I find him annoying because he's too fast and moves around like crazy doing a bunch of fast combos and I can hardly move when brawling good Sonic users.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The only characters I dislike are Jigglypuff and Wolf. Mewtwo and Krystal should've been there instead, in my opinion.

I would've rather Lyn over Ike, too, but that wouldn't have made sense.

I hate Wolf, too because I simply can not play as him. His moves are just so freaking weird. I hate playing as him.

Ike was freaking fast in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, why the heck is he so slow in Brawl? I would want to play him if he was not so slow. Fire Emblem is my favorite series ever but I can't stand playing as either Marth or Ike.

IDK

Smash Lord
OLIMAR-pikmin throw, everythings a freakin pikmin, so short, and b****.
PIT- nancy boy, spam b, spam side b, crazy up b, glide, two shields, ***got.
Pit replies, "But i'm a dark anngeeelll" lulz. o... and luigi is too slidey for bananas... :(

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I hate Lucas. His PK moves are just...
Frown, you know better than to necro post. (Is 3 months time conisdered necro posting or a bump?)

All characters have valid reasoning to be in the roster (whether it's Jigglypuff's popularity in Japan, R.O.B.'s significance to the NES, or Ness' appearance in one of Nintendo's most popular SNES games, best system IMO, and the Original 12), so no one should necessarily hate them for being in the game. I can understand personal hatred towards characters, but cannot understand hatred towards characters questioning why they were put into Smash's roster.

M@v

Subarashii!
Pikachu, only because he can 0-80% CG my main, and then combo out of it. I think thats a good enough reason?:psycho:

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I hate Ness and Lucas. I swear, I hate them so much, that if I get hit by them once, I pop a vein and go berserk trying to kill. I don't know why, I just hate them.

I also hate wario, because his Special move is so morbid. No, I don't like my face to be eaten. I also dislike his animation, which is much(sort of) like MrG&W's, and I don't like him either.

Pit's "HIYAYAYAA" is so disturbingly stupid that it ruins my concentration. Pit just disturbs me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hate Ness and Lucas. I swear, I hate them so much, that if I get hit by them once, I pop a vein and go berserk trying to kill. I don't know why, I just hate them.

Pit's "HIYAYAYAA" is so disturbingly stupid that it ruins my concentration. Pit just disturbs me.
hmm.. you must really hold a grudge against them don't you?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Olimar!
Similar to Diddy. He's a pretty uninteresting character who I could take or leave. Now he's obscenely powerful for some reason. I can see why you'd make him really powerful when he's almost incapable of fighting without his Pikmin, but come the HELL on, it takes him ONE ****ING SECOND TO PULL OUT AN ARMY OF THEM!
He plucks six...not an army... and thats plenty of time for the opponent to take some kind of action against him. Complaining about how fast he plucks Pikmin is just plain stupid.

Uninteresting you say? What a foolish thing TO say! A difficult learning curve mixed with having to keep track of your Pikmin and choosing which one is right for which attack is pretty interesting to me.

I like how people complain about Low Tier characters claiming they take no skill and are overused and such.

Anyway I don't really hate any character being in, I dislike fighting certain characters but I don't absolutely hate their pixelated guts for "replacing Ridley"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom