• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Overall though, I think Brawl NEEDS SSB64 offense to balance out its ridiculous defense.
I totally agree which is why I lean towards completely no landing lag like S cancel BUT......I think it needs to be harder to do and more tech based instead of, oh lets just pick Ganon, hold the shield button and do short hop Bairs or Ike short hop Fairs. S canceling is broken in regard to how easy it is.
If someone can just figure out how to tweak the L canceling code from half lag to no lag, we will have a done deal.

Also, the l cancel timing is not That awkward and its fine with a little practice.

EDIT::::::
Hey Wind Owl,
Do you mind editing your OP to have an icon next to it that will be the same as the other Hack based threads? Its hard to find these great threads amongst such a BS forum.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
i don't think whatever we decide to do w/L cancel should get rid of all lag, that's just silly. however, i do believe it should get rid of more than it does right now.

as it stands, the timing is rather awkward. since melee has a knack for the dramatic such as when one lands a knee or a magical foot, the game pauses for a second. in fact, any aerial that lands will cause a pause. this pause will throw off the l cancel timing. i guess we could get used to it, but it gets kind of annoying.

hockey007

Smash Cadet
The l-cancel code right now though is a bit shifted early, it needs to be done later, closer to the time you hit the ground. I'll have to agree that we need a ssb64-like l-canceling(z-canceling) due to the huge offense/defense game play.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
The l-cancel code right now though is a bit shifted early, it needs to be done later, closer to the time you hit the ground. I'll have to agree that we need a ssb64-like l-canceling(z-canceling) due to the huge offense/defense game play.
I agree. S-canceling adds offense to balance out the crazy defense in Brawl. Although characters like DDD can do insane things with aerials now, I think it evens out in the end. Though, we will have to see how things develop.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I agree. S-canceling adds offense to balance out the crazy defense in Brawl. Although characters like DDD can do insane things with aerials now, I think it evens out in the end. Though, we will have to see how things develop.
I agree, but how will we do it? Phantom Wings is gone, I think forever. I plan on ordering a Usb Gecko soon, but who knows how long it could take for me to figure this out. Maybe Phantom can show me where to look

kupo15

Smash Hero
But we need to add difficulty to that. not just hold the shield button because you might as well make all aerials autocanceled. S canceling doesnt add tech skill but its just brawl on steroids.

zxeon

Smash Lord
But we need to add difficulty to that. not just hold the shield button because you might as well make all aerials autocanceled. S canceling doesnt add tech skill but its just brawl on steroids.
I agree. make it like SSB64's Smooth Landing (the official name of the Z-cancel).

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Ooh I see. I totally forgot you could just hold shield. Hmm.

I plan on ordering a USB Gecko as well... however I am completely broke and I'm actually in debt to my parents, so I don't know how long that will take me. Maybe Christmas?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ah didnt know it was called "soft landing". Atm the moment I would like soft landing until the hitstun code, then half lag. But it must be tech oriented which is why I use the current l cancel. I can deal with the timing atm

Im ok with no block stun tbh. Some of the aerials are too good to not be able to shield grab.

I dont want melee 2.0. I only want

no tripping (check)
proper l cancel (semi)
proper hitstun

I dont want to change up char specific things like CG or Fox's shine. I like the new air dodge system which means no wavedashing as good as it was.

Im still on the fence about soft landing or half lag when we have hitstun. That will require testing

kupo15

Smash Hero
could you do hitstun first? lol
All you need to do is find the timer for the tumble animation and apply it to air dodges, A moves and jumps. aka, no air dodges, a moves or jumps before the tumble. Brawl has a built in hitstun system, we just need to access it

Tweaking the DI is the second half of hitstun and can only be done after you remove doing anything before tumble

Cero

Smash Lord
Codes that would make Cero happy:

-dashdancing

-shorter shorthops

-character weight and/or speed increase
(only if necessary after all the other codes have been finalized and the game still doesn't seem fast enough)

-make it so characters can no longer grab the edge backwards
(Just to make general edgeplay a little harder and more Melee-ish.
Obviously, characters with up-B's that send them in a horizontal spin can still grab the edge backwards. Ex: Fox, Link...)

-If possible, make the wifi waiting room stage somehow be able to be chosen from the regular Brawl stage list so we could play there as much as we please.
(It's a good neutral stage.)

-If possible, a code that spawns a smashball in a designated spot (not random) every minute or two.
(Getting the smashball would actually be a matter of strategy since it wouldn't randomly pop up in a random location anymore.)

-Or, if possible, a code that gives a player's character a pity smash (so the smashball can't be knocked out) when the player succeeds in inflicting 50% (or w/e) to the other person without getting hit him/herself.
(Doesn't have to be a huge combo. Any combination of moves that eventually add up 50% would trigger the code...
I suppose, We'd probably have to add more stocks...)

Just throwing some ideas around. :chuckle:

kupo15

Smash Hero
I would like to see some L canceling matches. S canceling is waaayy too broken. I guess Ill have to post some matches sometime.

Wow it also seems like WD is a little broken with being able to do things as soon as you land

Denzi

Smash Master
-make it so characters can no longer grab the edge backwards
(Just to make general edgeplay a little harder and more Melee-ish.
Obviously, characters with up-B's that send them in a horizontal spin can still grab the edge backwards. Ex: Fox, Link...)
Wouldn't that hurt some characters due to the FD lips in this game?

Cero

Smash Lord
Wouldn't that hurt some characters due to the FD lips in this game?
True. But, isn't that the only time that certain character's recoveries would be hindered?
... I just wished FD's edges weren't so gay. :(

I think hitstun should be the next thing before that. We need the core gameplay done before the extras
Yes, of course.
But, fixing hitstun is just a simple matter of taking away a character's option of aerial dodging/using an aerial while in hitstun, no?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Correct which occurs after the hit but before the tumble. Should be simple and quick. Dont forget to include jumping in there lol :)

Cero

Smash Lord
...And, then we can start adding all the extra Melee codes so we can finally have ourselves a Melee 2.0.
Amirite? :chuckle:

Oh, and btw... Since Phantom Wings said that he's recently gotten bored of making Melee codes for Brawl, who's going to take his place?

What about the guy who made the no tripping code for us? (Y.S. was his name, I think.)
What happened to him? Could we ask him to work on the codes or possibly teach us how to make them ourselves?

Is there anyone else here who's qualified to take Phantom Wings' place? :confused:

EDIT: Just checked the OP. Kirby Is Cool is the guy's name...

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Zxeon, did you even look at the tutorial I linked to? Learning assembly is pretty difficult, especially with no coding background at all.... If you really are committed to doing this, it's going to take you at least a month to even know wtf is going on. Don't get people's hopes up @_@

zxeon

Smash Lord
Zxeon, did you even look at the tutorial I linked to? Learning assembly is pretty difficult, especially with no coding background at all.... If you really are committed to doing this, it's going to take you at least a month to even know wtf is going on. Don't get people's hopes up @_@
What tutorial?

zxeon

Smash Lord
That one. I like how you can barely tell the difference between text and links on Smashboards :urg:

EDIT: And you said you don't have a computer..? You can't even look at the code without one, so good luck >_>
I do have one it just isn't connected to the internet so I just say I don't have one. I know what I am getting myself into but thanks for the vote of confidence. >_>

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
OK, at this point this is getting kind of off-topic.... We should make a chat room for this. I recommend Skype, IRC, or xat, in that order of preference.

EDIT: Plus it's like, 3 people talking about 3 different things in 3 different threads. WTF is that?

Top Bottom