• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo I made up my own kind of dashh dacne code(as you kniw Wind Owl), but for some reason now the Melee air dodge doesn't work right. instead of going into a helpless animation after it, characters can move now and or air dodge again(over and over again).

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I just made a huge discovery with the wavedash! If you wavedash forward and then do a 2/3 circle backwards to the opposite diagnal (sp?) and execute an attack you will shoot backwards doing your attack. I have no capture devices but if you want to see it post here or P.M. me with your Brawl fc and Wii# and I will gladly send it to you. to view the replay you must have SSBM Airdodge 2.1, no tripping, and S-Cancel on.
Dude, your crawl dashing

heres a vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4DFxJLO5M

The more momentum you get going forawrd the faster you'll go backwards

Kind of like a slingshot

TopiSwarm

Smash Rookie
Maybe this is the wrong place for this, but most hack threads don't seem like people who ask about codes that maybe aren't made yet (i e requests), and I would have thought that this would be the FIRST code that someone trying to improve competitive aspects of Brawl would be looking for, and honestly, I can't find even a discussion of the subject anywhere, on any site, much less being able to actually find a code.

Does anyone know how to play PT without the fatigue system and the autoswitching upon death?

I mean, this is essentially three entire characters who are forced into being uncompetitive by a particularly irritating piece of code. Don't you think we should be able to play them like Zelda? Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Maybe this is the wrong place for this, but most hack threads don't seem like people who ask about codes that maybe aren't made yet (i e requests), and I would have thought that this would be the FIRST code that someone trying to improve competitive aspects of Brawl would be looking for, and honestly, I can't find even a discussion of the subject anywhere, on any site, much less being able to actually find a code.

Does anyone know how to play PT without the fatigue system and the autoswitching upon death?

I mean, this is essentially three entire characters who are forced into being uncompetitive by a particularly irritating piece of code. Don't you think we should be able to play them like Zelda? Why isn't anyone talking about this?
the whole point of this system is encourage the player to learn all three. this is the thought behind the gameplay of the pokemon trainer, and we should probably preserve it although that does sound pretty contradictory huh

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
this is not possible.

this isn't going to ever happen

and you're stupid if you think it is going to

regardless if i am in support or against it, there are things you are overlooking that is necessary for this to work that can't

the biggest one that is irrefutable is that the brawl disc itself HAS TO BE PATCHED, meaning the disc itself would have to be decompressed and have encryptions changed

anyone who supports this is an idiot

EDIT - i should state that if you enjoy playing this in a non tournament environment, then by all means, but this will never hit the tournament scene

B.W.

Smash Champion
TopiSwarm: We have talked about this, and the answer was no.

Pokemon Trainer is meant to be played as three seperate characters. Zelda and Shiek are not.

Just because that you have to switch them out every so often and upon death doesn't mean it's not a competitive character, it just means that this character has a very steep learning curve.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman

Use a character modify to use the trainer independent version. As for the place to make code request, I'd recommend going to the GSCentral forums, specifically this thread.

Since I'm feeling nice here is a code that will give you the independent version if you spacificly chose witch pokemon to use.
Code:
Independent Pokemon (all) [spunit262]
80000000 90180B48
80000001 90180BF8
60000003 00000000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1C00
4A001001 00000000
10000000 0000001E
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1D00
4A001001 00000000
10000000 00000020
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1E00
4A001001 00000000
10000000 00000022
E0000000 80008000
86000000 00000004
86000001 0000005C
62000000 00000000
I have no idea whether they'll still get fatigued.

B.W.

Smash Champion
this is not possible.
Actually it is possible.
this isn't going to ever happen
And it is in fact happening.
and you're stupid if you think it is going to
You're not so bright yourself if you can't see that it already is.
regardless if i am in support or against it, there are things you are overlooking that is necessary for this to work that can't

the biggest one that is irrefutable is that the brawl disc itself HAS TO BE PATCHED, meaning the disc itself would have to be decompressed and have encryptions changed

anyone who supports this is an idiot
I have no idea what you're talking about.. Brawl disc being patched? You confuse me sir. Last I checked the disc doesn't get patched.

Now if you would kindly just leave rather than troll our thread, that would be great.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
than you are an idiot

you are on the world wide web, i suggest you use it before making an idiotic post

EDIT - i should state that if you enjoy playing this in a non tournament environment, then by all means, but this will never hit the tournament scene

TopiSwarm

Smash Rookie
Eh, if you guys say so. Encouragement is one thing, making it so that three characters can't be played for more than two minutes at a time has always seemed a tad insane.

But honestly, I'm not here in order to perfect the game, I just think it'd be funner to choose, so I ought not to argue. Thanks a lot for the code. (And the site, hadn't found that one yet) Good luck with this thing.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Actually upon you mentioning it I did open google. I fail to see how my post was idiotic in any sense.

Also why do we constantly get reminded that this won't be tourney standard? After we've stated a million times we don't care.

Either way I am, once again, kindly asking you to leave unless you are contributing to the actual cause of this thread.

Edit: Oh yeah there was that tourney in Philly wasn't there? I wish it'd spread to the Midwest already. I'd like to try what we've got on us right now.

Frames

DI
do these codes work without the SD card in the slot after you load them? that way it would be easier for tournies if you only needed one SD card that you could just pass between wii's, plus it would stop people from ninja-ing a code to benefit themselves or to mess up the tournament

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
do these codes work without the SD card in the slot after you load them? that way it would be easier for tournies if you only needed one SD card that you could just pass between wii's, plus it would stop people from ninja-ing a code to benefit themselves or to mess up the tournament
Once the game start the SD card isn't necessary.

zxeon

Smash Lord

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah like that. The speed is rediculous you should see it for yourself. With the WD some characters that can't crawl can do it, so it can't really be called crawldashing.
Which characters

BTW, I instantly tried it when I turned WDing on lol

Alopex

Smash Ace
Here's a question:

How possible do you think it would be to have a code that reduces the transformation time of Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer?

We all know these times are loading based. Is there no way that a code could speed that up? I feel like it should be possible.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Should be possible.. But I don't see how that relates to hacks for competitive play.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Here's a question:

How possible do you think it would be to have a code that reduces the transformation time of Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer?

We all know these times are loading based. Is there no way that a code could speed that up? I feel like it should be possible.
Their transformation time is totally dependent on how fast your Wii can load the character so I don't see how a code could help.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I know, that's the problem.

What I'm hoping is that it's not entirely hardware based. I'm hoping that part of the problem is that the code the game uses to initiate the loading is far too inefficient. Like it makes the Wii have to process more coding than would be required to complete the loading of the character from the disc. Situations like this happen in PC games all the time, but the PC is not a disc-based system.

Still, I'm hoping that there might still be a parallel. So what I'm hoping for is that there is a way to replace Brawl's transformation loading code with a more efficient one, assuming the code is more problematic than the Wii's disc read speed.

Should be possible.. But I don't see how that relates to hacks for competitive play.
I'd say that making the transformations not be dependent on loading would be as competitive as making a hack to overcome the port number priority. Anything that relies exclusively on hardware should be removed in favor of set values. This makes it so that player actions are the only factors in the battle. As it stands, transformation and port number are two entirely hardware-based things that affect player action with no justifiable reason for keeping them.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but I believe its hardware based. What happens is, unlike melee, brawl only loads on character model. When you change, it loads the other model in game, and deletes the old one. Melee loaded both models before the match which is why the timing was quicker. I think its a hardware problem unless you can make the wii load both models without blowing up! lol

J_RUM

Smash Rookie
Forgive me if this has been said but with these hacks on there is a glitch with D3 when he is launch horizontaly and is near a Waddle-Dee and you Airdodge you will throw the Waddle-Dee while moving to the left/right/up/down!

AsherXII

Smash Cadet
for some reason I used to be against the idea, but this sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to try it out myself soon. (never was good at WDing but oh well).

Alopex

Smash Ace
fnever was good at WDing but oh well.
Eh, don't sweat it. For one thing, WD'ing is easier with the ability to map your control how you like it. Find a layout that works best.

But more importantly, directional airdodge a la Melee is still being discussed. Some are for it (for WD'ing), some are against it (fear of single use air-dodge making some projectiles too strong). So it's still being debated.

But don't let no WD ability bring you down. Remember Melee's Aniki, who doesn't WD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VQyta-cfc

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Triangle jump dancing is phenomenal. Dear gawd, I didn't know characters could defy the laws of physics.

I also love the fact that the SD card only has to be loaded at the beginning like Melee memory cards. It makes this MUCH easier for future tournaments. w00t!

Top Bottom