• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

homsar

Smash Ace
You can save things to the SD card while you are using hacks with Gecko OS If you are still using Ocarina just get Gecko OS it has Ocarina built into it and you can save to the SD card.
This.

Also, if you do use any Dazzel products be careful. They are not the most reliable product and if it breaks good luck getting it fix/replaced, Dazzel customer service is practically non-existent. Worst 70 bucks Ive ever spent.

kupo15

Smash Hero
But there is another problem Kyd. The person you are sending must be gecko OS also put stuff on their SD card because you need to boot hacked brawl for the replay to be correct. The best thing would be to send the replay through wifi unless someone has another SD that they can transmit to the wii, then restart the wii with the hacks.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
well to send them via wii i need brawl FCs and Wii #s dont i?

if so then ill do that if its more convenient.

the vids range in length, the longest being the exhibitions i did testing chars combo ability on a lv1 cpu. there are also 3 i believe that are matches between me and SpeedAce. the matches had s cancel and hitstun 1.2 while the others use auto l cancel and hitstun 2.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yes you do.

NEW CODE:

No Triple jump glitch (FireC)

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0016 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Its the stupidist glitch in the world and it only affects some of the characters who go into the falling state after their up B. I forget all of them but ppl like marth, mario, ganon, CF (more crap against him) this affects.

You know if you up b on the stage as mario, he gets a lot of lag by falling on his ***? Well you would think that if you up b to the ledge, you will get rid of this lag but that not the case. You will get this lag in a different form the next time you land on the ground. This also affects CF and Ganon's side b.

Experiment:
As one of the characters listed, jump and hold shield. Notice how instant the shield pops up? Now do the same thing after you up b'ed to the ledge. What is different?

Almas

Smash Lord
Yay, another code! What, uh, exactly, does it do? I know every now and then there's some sort of freak superjump occurance. Or does it do something else?

Will record some games (hitstun "13%", auto-l, no trip, 1.165 grav, 1.1 damage mod, this code) tomorrow. I suppose +grav may be a bad idea in general, but I do personally like it to some extent, as it stops certain characters' recoveries from being effectively infinite, and makes juggling a little easier. As a jiggs player it hurts my rests somewhat though =*(.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
well to send them via wii i need brawl FCs and Wii #s dont i?

if so then ill do that if its more convenient.

the vids range in length, the longest being the exhibitions i did testing chars combo ability on a lv1 cpu. there are also 3 i believe that are matches between me and SpeedAce. the matches had s cancel and hitstun 1.2 while the others use auto l cancel and hitstun 2.
Well if you can get the replay files uploaded somewhere, I'll see what I can do. I haven't been able to get my wi-fi connecting lately so via the wii is out of the question for me...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Its the stupidist glitch in the world and it only affects some of the characters who go into the falling state after their up B. I forget all of them but ppl like marth, mario, ganon, CF (more crap against him) this affects.

You know if you up b on the stage as mario, he gets a lot of lag by falling on his ***? Well you would think that if you up b to the ledge, you will get rid of this lag but that not the case. You will get this lag in a different form the next time you land on the ground. This also affects CF and Ganon's side b.

Experiment:
As one of the characters listed, jump and hold shield. Notice how instant the shield pops up? Now do the same thing after you up b'ed to the ledge. What is different?

zxeon

Smash Lord
I know what you are talking about now. Whenever I would waveland on to the stage after grabbing the ledge I would recieve some wierd lag upon my contactact with the ground.

I think that this glitch is evidence that auto-sweetspoting was added in quite a while after the basics for game engine was established thus the reason it was not fixed. Probably a combination of a looming deadline and improper testing are the reasons why this glitch is still in the game. Man I hate Sakurai.

kupo15

Smash Hero
This is not caused by auto sweet spotting. You can do a non auto sweet spotted up b, float down to grab the ledge and still get the landing lag

zxeon

Smash Lord
Still has to do with the ledge whose mechanics they had to change when they added in auto sweetspoting. I dont think there are two different mechanics for when you grab from above or when you grab below.

Magus420

Smash Master
"Auto-sweetspotting" isn't some kind of special mechanic put into the game. All they did was increase the size of the ledgegrab boxes to have more range and removed the downward movement requirement that was there before.

zxeon

Smash Lord
"Auto-sweetspotting" isn't some kind of special mechanic put into the game. All they did was increase the size of the ledgegrab boxes to have more range and removed the downward movement requirement that was there before.
But Characters don't snap on from as far away from above the ledge as they do from below.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think what Magus is saying that its a glitch in the programming of the up b. If it truly was a ledge problem, then everyone would have it instead of like 7

Magus420

Smash Master
Assuming you can add the downward movement part back in I don't see why not. Dunno how well it would mix with the game though.

@zxeon: That's how it was before. The characters' ledge grab boxes are positioned more above them than below them.

The smaller pair of Red/Blue boxes are the ledge grabbing boxes.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I think he was just talking about the "auto sweetspot," not the up-b lag glitch.

kupo15, since you seem to be in contact with PW a fair bit, could you put in a good/strong word for the return of dash dancing as a possible next project?

I know you personally have something of a vendetta against wavedashing, and I'm sure many people would be more likely to see wavedashing go if dash dancing was available. I don't have a feeling on the matter yet, but DD would definitely be the sauce.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Assuming you can add the downward movement part back in I don't see why not. Dunno how well it would mix with the game though.

@zxeon: That's how it was before. The characters' ledge grab boxes are positioned more above them than below them.

The smaller pair of Red/Blue boxes are the ledge grabbing boxes.
I don't remeber seeing those in the debug menu when I used it. I always just turned on the hit bubbles. Why would Sakurai rob us of such a useful rescource like the Debug Menu?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I do have a vendetta against wavedashing but it doesn't prevent me from suggesting other codes. Id much rather see dash dancing come over wavedashing. You can see whats lined up in the "order of codes" thread. Its hard to contact PW atm due to his mailbox being full. the last thing i sent was a request for shield stun and Im still waiting to PM him with the new a way of how shield stun works that magus provided :\

The reason why stupid stuff is before DD is because I think it would be a good idea to give him a break by doing a couple easy codes. But I am trying to get the other hackers involved with the stupid stuff and so far, triple jump is fixed and laser/jab locking is almost done

zxeon

Smash Lord
I uploaded those replays I was talking about the other day Here's the link to the download:

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/167462560/Nov_22-24.rar .

Once you download and extract it there should be a folder named Nov 22-24 inside you will find the replays (.bin files) and the .GCT (the codes used) file used in it.

For those who don't know how to put replays on your SD card here are some instructions.

connect your SD card to your computer and from the root of your card you open the folders private > wii > app > RSBE > rp and you put the replays in the "rp" folder and then you take the RSBE01.gct file and you put it in the codes folder in the root of your SD card. Now you are ready to watch the replays.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Okay, if the ledge grab only changed due to them extending the grab box and allowing upward movement grab, do that mean getting rid of this mechanic would still allow racking tether grabs, because that would shut down the argument of gimping tether recoveries and give us more of a reason to follow up with it.

zxeon

Smash Lord
@zxeon: r u going to upload those to youtube?
I can't I don't have a capture device that's why I uploaded them to rapidshare. If someone wants to post them for me go ahead just PM me if you do.

By the way I'm playing wolf in the replays and my friend is playing falcon.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I uploaded those replays I was talking about the other day Here's the link to the download:

Once you download and extract it there should be a folder named Nov 22-24 inside you will find the replays (.bin files) and the .GCT (the codes used) file used in it.

For those who don't know how to put replays on your SD card here are some instructions.

connect your SD card to your computer and from the root of your card you open the folders private > wii > app > RSBE > rp and you put the replays in the "rp" folder and then you take the RSBE01.gct file and you put it in the codes folder in the root of your SD card. Now you are ready to watch the replays.
I could try uploading these sometime late tomorrow at the earliest, if no one offers by then.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I could try uploading these sometime late tomorrow at the earliest, if no one offers by then.
That would be cool. In the replays I play wolf and ness and my tag is Cero My friend plays Falcon and lucas and his tag is AxL.

AxL= Pit Dedede Diddy Lucas

Cero (me)= Fox Wolf Ness

Genki = Mario Pikachu Ganondorf

The Wolf Vs. Falcon fights are probably the best on there.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Okay, if the ledge grab only changed due to them extending the grab box and allowing upward movement grab, do that mean getting rid of this mechanic would still allow racking tether grabs, because that would shut down the argument of gimping tether recoveries and give us more of a reason to follow up with it.
This would be awesome

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I feel like a scrub asking for this, but I can't really get the codes to work outside of the premade pack. Would anyone be so kind as to put together this set of codes for me in a neat little pre-constructed pack?

1.15x Gravity Mod
1.1x Damage Mod
Melee Air Dodge
No Tripping
L-Cancel
Infinite Replay (Optional)
13% hitstun mod (10 and 15% variations would also be appreciated)

Thanks in advance.

Almas

Smash Lord
Bringing this back up from the bottom of the page with some replays. Yeah, we're really horrible at this game ;p, and had a particularly bad day. I've started rolling around like a noob again. Still, the matches do have some comboes in them. I wish I had recorded a more interesting combo I have performed - predicting DI to WoP with Jiggly's Dair (at higher %s the later hits send people slightly up/away instead of down, even in the air).

Almas/Phear vs Kais/Halo Brawl+ 1
Almas/Phear vs Kais/Halo Brawl+ 2
Almas/Phear vs Kais/Halo Brawl+ 3

Halo vs Phear Brawl+
Halo vs Almas Brawl+

1.165x Grav, Auto L-Cancel, 1.1x Damage Ratio, No Tripping, Hitstun 13%, That triple jump code.

We're pretty much agreed that Brawl+ is awesome - even Halo, who was initially a naysayer, likes the increased combo power of all the characters. We really have to work on our DI ^.^. Atleast now it's more apparent when we're noobing out in terms of skill. Camping with projectiles is made significantly weaker by the fact that landing an attack close range ends up inflicting a lot more damage. Of course, for now, camping inside a shield is still highly effective.

kupo15

Smash Hero
We're pretty much agreed that Brawl+ is awesome - even Halo, who was initially a naysayer, likes the increased combo power of all the characters. We really have to work on our DI ^.^. Atleast now it's more apparent when we're noobing out in terms of skill. Camping with projectiles is made significantly weaker by the fact that landing an attack close range ends up inflicting a lot more damage. Of course, for now, camping inside a shield is still highly effective.
I actually need to work on my teching more :( I feel that teching is too hard now. More moves gives you less time to react to tech than melee did and the window is shorter. I hope shield nerfs come soon. I PMed PW today...

poklin

Smash Apprentice
im glad im not the only one that thought teching is weird..i thought it was just me.

Almas

Smash Lord
Ionno, I find teching to be one of few things I can do fairly consistently. I'm not perfect when it comes to reacting in the middle of a big onslaught (like if things get messy in a 2v2 fight with people getting wedged), but in most situations I seem to do fine with it. DI is more where I fall down - I'll start DIing a move long after the most important times to do it, and almost universally fail to SDI.

Usually my spacing game is pretty decent, but with my current bad habit of rolling too much which I seem to have picked up again whilst playing melee (we couldn't tolerate Brawl, but Brawl+ made some real progress so we came back to it).

kupo15

Smash Hero
im glad im not the only one that thought teching is weird..i thought it was just me.
Yea, your not. The difficulty in teching now is just ********. I know its similar to 64's teching, but 64 didnt have moves that instantly put you in a teching position. You had plenty of time to time it. You had less time in melee but the window was more forgiving with few moves that put you in the teching position close to the ground. Brawl, even Fox's shine (as well as a lot of other moves) immediately puts you in the teching position. If we are going to keep this timing, we should at least make it so we cant miss a tech with an early timing like 64. But my vote goes for melee style teching.

zxeon

Smash Lord

Hey Kupo (and anyone else intersted) you should check out the matches I posted they make a good case for wavedashing in brawl.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
i don't think anyone cares (cause no one prob uses it) but the new triple jump code interferes with the dash dance code.. which sucks for me cause i like code.

Top Bottom