• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3785?autoplay
Reporting a bad loop on this one.
ds77, I'm disappointed! I expected better from you!

EDIT: Ack, forgot I was the last to post.
Oh man, I owe you all a redo on that one. Sorry, if someone doesn't list guidelines, I don't look for a perfect loop. I defnitely need to redo that one. I apologize, it must have been in a large wave of requests, where I looped every song like that...when you have more than, say, 30 at a time...yeah

EDIT: No one's perfect, guys. I'm a good looper, not a perfect looper. I am a perfectionist when it comes to loops, but...I am not perfect, far from it, actually...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Since OSTs like to have it go through its loop twice, I prefer getting it on the first time it loops to keep the filesize nice and trim.

I think you looped it near the end of the file.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I guess the developpers put the entire level as part of an Easter Egg :laugh:

Though, I don't know where the lyrics you put in the comment section come in the song... Can you indicate me the second they kick in ?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I guess the developpers put the entire level as part of an Easter Egg :laugh:

Though, I don't know where the lyrics you put in the comment section come in the song... Can you indicate me the second they kick in ?
You (should) know the song "When the Saints Come Marching In." I forgot the song after it plays "When the Saints Come Marching In"
Around 0:29ish

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Since OSTs like to have it go through its loop twice, I prefer getting it on the first time it loops to keep the filesize nice and trim.

I think you looped it near the end of the file.
It wasn't near the end. The loop was from 946176 to 5307455, or from about 0:21.5 to 2:00.4 (about 22 seconds to 2 minutes)... it was only about 10 seconds or so later than your attempts.

Also for me, when using OSTs, I prefer them to loop twice, however, if they do loop only once, it's helpful if they don't fade out too early. Especially if the song has a note that kind of overlaps. Take, for example, In a Snow-Bound Land. When the second loop starts, there's a note that plays just as it starts that's part of the end of the first loop (or the previous loop). There are, as I mentioned, some very "evil" tricks with the DKC series. Here's some examples:
DK Island Swing (Jungle), after the first loop, the hi-hats are a different pitch.
Voices of the Temple, after the first loop the first 30-40 seconds (from about 1:30 - 2:10) are slightly different to the first loop
Bayou Boogie, the entire first loop is only EVER heard once, hence why my BRSTM of that song seemingly has a ridiculous loop STARTING at about 1:40 into the song
Hot-Head Bop, after the first loop, the cymbal-type instrument seems to have a duplicate that plays a fraction of a second later
Krook's March, the percussion is a different pitch after the first loop
Tree Top Tumble, after the first loop, the beginning of every other loop is slightly different. There are no marimbas, and no percussion.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I must say, it must be pretty weird how a moderator was told one of the very things you'd expect him to be telling, in this case, that he posted in the wrong topic... I would have replied, but, as cliche as this may sound, I wouldn't want to tell you how to do your own job :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know that, which is another reason I didn't want to do it :p
Although is there a difference between saying "I think you posted in the wrong thread", and actual mini-modding? I always think of mini-modding as something more like "Please don't spam", if said by a non-moderator (whether to a moderator or not)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
No, M0nkUnit was fine. He was just redirecting him to the right thread.
The mod didn't seem offended. He said that he hasn't been here in a while, so maybe he forgot that there was a request thread.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'll have to get the OST for F-Zero X, since somehow, the USF rip is mono, and the BRSTMs of this game that are already up, have a lot more stereo to them.
For EarthBound (Mother 2), there's the original version on the SNES, but wasn't there an album of arranged music from both Mother and EarthBound?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Arranged music from both Mother and Earthbound, I know only one : Mother 1+2 on the GBA. 2 RPGs in one little cartdridge :laugh:

moosehunter

Smash Ace
This isn't completly related to the thread, but currently my website takes hundreds of dollars to run, and all of this money has come out of my pocket. Right now I'm having to upgrade the server for a third time, doubling the current cost to keep it up. What are everybody's thoughts on possibly putting up an ad or two on each page so that I don't have to personally pay the entire bill each month?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
As long as they're not like in the way of anything :p
What ever you do, don't do those really annoying ads where it says "To continue, you must fill in this survey!" or something, and it'll ask you to choose between an Xbox360 and an iPad for example -- I'm like "What if I don't want either"? Basically those ads that actually disable the webpage and refuse to go away until you do what they want, or those ones that follow you, you know when you scroll down and then it's just following you do wherever you are it'll eventually catch up with you (after a second or so).

I've uploaded Sand Canyon 2 from Kirby's Dream Land 3

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Holy **** I didn't know it was costing you that much.
By all means get ad support!

In the future, when I have a solid income that can support myself and my girlfriend with luxury leftover, if it's still up (I'd hope so!) I'll pool like 10% of luxury money toward it.
Least I can do since I'm not a major contributor of BRSTMs there.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
As long as they're not like in the way of anything :p
What ever you do, don't do those really annoying ads where it says "To continue, you must fill in this survey!" or something, and it'll ask you to choose between an Xbox360 and an iPad for example -- I'm like "What if I don't want either"? Basically those ads that actually disable the webpage and refuse to go away until you do what they want, or those ones that follow you, you know when you scroll down and then it's just following you do wherever you are it'll eventually catch up with you (after a second or so).

I've uploaded Sand Canyon 2 from Kirby's Dream Land 3
Ha, you'd never get me to put those on the site, I'm having trouble convincing myself to put graphical banners instead of text ones on the site. I hate that I'll have to put ads up, but I don't feel like paying the entire bill.

I don't know how much revenue the ads will produce, but there might be enough to upgrade the server which means room for more features for the site. Right now we're running at about 83% HDD capacity.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Can I get a second opinion on something? Is having the SPCs play at "High quality" 48000 kHz better than having them play "Like the SNES"? IMO, high quality is much clearer.
For those who don't know the difference, compare "Sand Canyon 2" in Kirby's Dream Land 3, to er any other one (except Sand Canyon 1).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well in that case, I'll just do all the KDL 3 songs like that. Some of the existing ones aren't the greatest of quality, so I'll update those ones. Not to mention one of them has the wrong loop (it goes to 2:43 or something, when it only needs to loop at about 1:20)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yeah I noticed that one but didn't complain because it plays longer in Winamp.

Also, Ripple Field 3 is the best song for the water portion of adventure mode's "The Swamp" level. I tried it out and it just worked so well.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Is that the one where those giant spiral thingies spring out of the water, while you're on the moving platform?
Also, which song plays during the water section, i.e. which song would I replace?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
No, M0nkUnit was fine. He was just redirecting him to the right thread.
The mod didn't seem offended. He said that he hasn't been here in a while, so maybe he forgot that there was a request thread.
Exactly this^

I'm subbed to both this thread and the request thread, but I haven't been to either thread in a long time and got confused thinking they were one in the same lol

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I believe I have that one already replaced with.. *ahem*... Flower Garden from Yoshi's Island (the original), on one SD card, and er, I think it's Yoshi's Song from Yoshi's Story (i.e. Treasure Hunt, etc) on another.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You can't seperate music from the emissary, unless it's a different file, like Airship, Jungle, Metroid Menu theme etc.

Also, next post will be the 4000th post in this topic :p

Top Bottom