• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Then, I guess I'll have to say screw it to sharing my BRSTMs, at least on his site. I tested all of those songs looped in Audacity, Dant's BCSM, and in-game, to complete success; not a single one had quality issues. But, hey, whatever. It's my word against his.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I honestly have never heard any popping on my "Never Die" loops, and I've been using that BRSTM for a year now...
It was a kick to my already-fragile ego, but whatever. I know the BRSTM is perfect for fighting.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Then, I guess I'll have to say screw it to sharing my BRSTMs, at least on his site. I tested all of those songs looped in Audacity, Dant's BCSM, and in-game, to complete success; not a single one had quality issues. But, hey, whatever. It's my word against his.
One of your BRSTMs was OK, as I was the one that approved it. It was Lollipop.

Also, note that songs disappear from the pending list whether they are rejected or approved. And there is no "system" (or automated system) for approving or rejecting. All BRSTMs are manually listened to, and checked for looping. I'm not sure if other moderators do this, but I usually start playing and when it's fully loaded I'll just skip ahead just before the loop point, and if it loops smoothly, I approve it. Could you try re-uploading them, so I can then see (or hear) for myself if they really should have been rejected?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I've just reuploaded two of his songs. Unfortunately the others were rejected before the hourly backup script could back them up to my local computer.

And I'm picky about little things like pops because they are so easy to fix. It only takes about three minutes to decode the brstm, smooth the loop point by manipulating the waveform, and re-encode the brstm.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I've "BRSTM'd" 16 of the 17 tracks of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 OST. The only one I didn't do was what ever track #4 is, since the file was corrupt and didn't extract from the ZIP file I downloaded <_<.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/359

Also, I listened to those 2 you uploaded, and they loop perfectly (to me... and I have headphones on, so I can hear pretty clearly even the slightest pops :p).

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I've "BRSTM'd" 16 of the 17 tracks of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 OST. The only one I didn't do was what ever track #4 is, since the file was corrupt and didn't extract from the ZIP file I downloaded <_<.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/359

Also, I listened to those 2 you uploaded, and they loop perfectly (to me... and I have headphones on, so I can hear pretty clearly even the slightest pops :p).
Hmm? Forced Enlightenment has too much of a gap at the loop point, and It's My Life has a slight delay because the loop start was set little too early.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wait... lemme listen again.

EDIT: There is a little delay on Forced Enlightenment, but the one for It's My Life/Confessions isn't that much. I could download the MP3 and fix the loop, but I'm not sure about the quality.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, I'm just about to give up on doing any DKC series BRSTMs
The simple reason is that they are TOO FREAKING QUIET. And they are IMPOSSIBLE to make even remotely loud enough (for the game), without either clipping, or "reducing peaks in Goldwave" so much, they start sounding worse than they did anyway.

Well at least the original 44 kHz lossless FLAC I got sounds worse after reducing peaks, maximizing volume, reducing peaks again, maximizing volume again. Is it even POSSIBLE to make BRSTMs of the DKC series that are the same volume as normal BRSTMs in Brawl?

For example, here's what happens when I over-reduce peaks simply to make it probably still not loud enough for Brawl:
Trust me, it is awful. Infact for a high quality FLAC the final BRSTM is worse than something from a Game Boy Advance.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/5005

Should I stick to the "already-loud-enough-so-I-don't-need-to-amplify-without-losing-quality" things, like MW2, or maybe streams that aren't BRSTMs.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Compare:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/4944

Also, why am I hearing approved BRSTMs on brawlcustommusic that have pops, or don't loop properly sometimes?

And on a more interesting note, as soon as we get to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/9000, the next one should be an annoyingly start-end loop of "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND"! (i.e. the 9001st BRSTM.

If you think the DIE DIE DIE DIE thing I uploaded was annoying, imagine playing a match for about 3 minutes with "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...." non stop :p

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I don't hear any difference between those BRSTMs, and they both sounds fine to me.

I 'm uploading the OST of Final Fantasy : Mystic Quest (while it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, it has a very good soundtrack) and the rest of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear)'s OST.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
How can you not hear any difference. One's more softer with a lot of (white) noise, the other is more clearer and probably louder.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Upon closer listening, I do hear the difference. I must be tired because of the 6 hours trip I got when coming back from vacation today.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
K so the SF4 soundtracks that I did were from a friend so if those songs weren't from the collectors edition soundtrack(I don't think they were), they were most likely downloaded somewhere on the internet.

Are you guys talking about my Forced Enlightenment or is that a CoD track or something else someone else did?

Also I could do other tracks from Chronotorious, but I only did the ones I thought I could apply to stages well.

You guys have a link to a good Goldwave tutorial? I keep finding crappy tuts. Gotta check if my BRSTMs are up to snuff for Moosehunter's site

Also I remember someone talking about a youtube account someone's got showcasing BRSTMs (maybe Moosehunter?), someone gotta link? I've got a couple BRSTMs I've done that I haven't got a proper preview link for...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Flame, are you using a higher quality source for your Sonic 2 (GG) tracks?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just asking, because they sound weird on the site, like the boss theme. Listen to it if you can.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Is it me or I don't hear anything different on my end ? When I listen to the BRSTMs on the site, then on BrawlBox, they sounds the same to me.

Anyway, the next OST I'll upload is Pokémon Trading Card Game. This game was released for the Game Boy Color, and it was awesome.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Compare:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/4944

Also, why am I hearing approved BRSTMs on brawlcustommusic that have pops, or don't loop properly sometimes?

And on a more interesting note, as soon as we get to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/9000, the next one should be an annoyingly start-end loop of "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND"! (i.e. the 9001st BRSTM.

If you think the DIE DIE DIE DIE thing I uploaded was annoying, imagine playing a match for about 3 minutes with "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...." non stop :p
Lol. I should also insert appropriate songs into slots like 666, 777 or 1337. All of those except 1337 are vacant.

Currently there are 4735 active brstms on the site for a total of 404238.5036 seconds of music, or 112 hours, 17 minutes, and 18.5 seconds of music.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 7 - A Rare Minigame By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - A Star Is Born By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - A True Champion By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Adventure Awaits! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - An Angry Bowser By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Bowser Castle Theme By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Bowser’s Invitation By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Bowser’s Rage By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Bowser’s Revenge By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Climb The Peak By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Closing In By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Cool As A Cucumber By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Cruise Choices By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Darkness Rising By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Decathlon Castle By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Decision Makers By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - DK For All! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - DK’s Disco By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Don’t Look Down By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Dreaming Of Riches By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Dueling Range By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Eight-Player Rumble By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Face-Off By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Faster! Faster! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Fun For All By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Fun In The Sun By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Get This Party Started By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Hail To The King By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Happy Memories By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - High Noon By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Inferno! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - It’s A Duel By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - It’s A New Record! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Jump! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Keep It Up By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - King Of The River By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Lazy Day Lollygag By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Let’s Go! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Look Out! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Magic! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Many Thanks By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Mario Party Theme By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Mill It Over By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Minigame Defeat By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Minigame Draw By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Minigame Madness By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Minigame Victory By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Minigames At Dawn By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Neon Nation By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Number One By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - On The Ice By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - One Last Go By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Park It By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Pearl Hunt By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Ready, Set, Fun By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Sail The Canals By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Set Sail For Fun By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Skyward Bound By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Slow And Steady By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Solo DK By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Stop! Bowser Time! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Take Me To Partytown By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Afterparty By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Bowser Boogie By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Duel Ends By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Free Play Sub By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Koopa King Falls By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Last Hurrah By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Mic Shuffle By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Motherlode By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Race Begins By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - The Tough Luck Remix By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Time Grows Nigh By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Tough Luck By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Tough Luck Reprise By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Trouble Brewing By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Twinkle, Little Star By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Unknown Song 1 By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Unknown Song 2 By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Volcano Peril By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Watch Yourself By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Waterfall Duel By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - What A Mess! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - What’s The Score? By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Who Will Win? By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - Without A Care By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - You Win More! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Mario Party 7 - You Win! By Moosehunter - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Mario Party 7 is the only Mario Party I have owned. I loved the Rare Mini-Game theme, and I disliked the CPUs in the highest difficulty. It was THIS bad. Good thing I had my Turbo controller for some Mini-Games :lol:

I just noticed, why my signature is not showing up ? I'm sure I have checked the "Show your signature" box, and there is nothing to censor in my signature.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Is it me or I don't hear anything different on my end ? When I listen to the BRSTMs on the site, then on BrawlBox, they sounds the same to me.

Anyway, the next OST I'll upload is Pokémon Trading Card Game. This game was released for the Game Boy Color, and it was awesome.
They do sound odd. Try using http://www.zophar.net/download_file/20743 to do all the remaining ones and update the ones you already did. Use Nezplug to play it. Gotta love emulated sound formats. The entire lossless Sonic 2 soundtrack in <9kb.

For the Pokemon Trading Card Game (Been a while since I played that) use this http://www.zophar.net/download_file/15636

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I did actually listen to the S2GG BRSTMs on the site, and I downloaded a rip from HCS (which is exactly the same as the one you linked to), and for starters, the ones uploaded to the site sounded horribly mono (the rips are stereo), and actually sounded like they were recorded from a TV speaker with a DSi or something.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I don't get what you mean by "odd", the quality of the songs are THIS bad ?

Nezplug... I just looked up the website of this engine. The most recent download file is from November 2002, and the file format is .bz2... I think I'll pass, because I'm not THIS pro to use that stuff.

@TheUltimateKoopa : The OST I had was too quiet, so I had to equalize them twice... Looks like it's my fault... Again...

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I don't get what you mean by "odd", the quality of the songs are THIS bad ?

Nezplug... I just looked up the website of this engine. The most recent download file is from November 2002, and the file format is .bz2... I think I'll pass, because I'm not THIS pro to use that stuff.
Yes the quality is bad.

And 2002? Where do you get that from? I see August 2010 http://offgao.no-ip.org/program/nezplug++.html
All you have to do is copy the plugin to winamp's plugin folder

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Nezplug itself has not been updated since 2002. However, there is an updated version, called NEZplug++ .... darn it moosehunter :(
I have NEZplug v0.9.4.8 + 2 + 19.01 (which is IIRC dated about 2007-9 or maybe a little The only main problem is that some GBS rips have a rather loud tick at the beginning, so you may want to cut that out in whatever audio editing software you use, and there maybe a few clicky sounds between notes. It also supports 2A03, FDS, MMC5, VRC6, N106, DMG, NuC6230, PSG, SS5B, SN76489, SCC, OPL, VRC7, ADPCM and MSX.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm gonna finish the Sonic 1 (Game Gear) and Triple Trouble songs. I'm using lossless game rips FYI
Also, can't in_VGM play Game Gear music files?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know of any good quality rips of the Donkey Kong Country series? I'm not going to use the OST as one of the main purposes of BRSTMs, looping, is impossible on certain tracks, like Bayou Boogie, for example. I do have SPCs and while the SPCs are good quality depending on the Alpha-II SPC Player/SNESAmp settings, but usually too quiet, and that's after amplifying.

Not to mention that age old annoying "automatic volume changing" thing.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Seeing all your comments about Winamp and the many plug-ins, I think I'll stick to Audacity. At least, it doesn't need plug-ins, and it is less complicated to use.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm* you can't use VGM files in Audacity.
You NEED plug-ins to play VGM files, GBS files, etc.
Now, is anyone willing to do the DKC series? Because I've done about 3 different versions and none of them are good. They might be good, but they are NOT loud enough (at least compared to other BRSTMs which are). I deliberately set the sample rate and sample size for Alpha-II SPC player to 176.4 kHZ and 32-bit :p, but it sounded no different to the default 48 kHZ/16-bit. The only main problems with the DKC series is that they are never loud enough, and there is not a good quality rip on the internet. OSTs are good quality... the tracks don't go on long enough to loop (on most of them, some of them are OK). And with the absolutely sickeningly suicide-worthy annoying "volume starts low, increases, then gradually decreases" thing that pretty much no one on the god forsaken internet ever even THINKS about mentioning, prevents me from doing any good SNES BRSTMs. The only way I can really make a BRSTM is if it has some tagging so I at least know WHAT it is, and that it's already loud enough. For example, the MW2 BRSTMs I made I didn't even amplify them at all. They were that loud when I downloaded the OST (the real one, not the fake one).

As for the DKC series, only DKC1 and DKC2 have the problem of looping. The DKC3 OST plays through each track twice IIRC, or at least long enough to be able to be looped... at least I think they can. And I have high-quality FLACs of all 3 of the games (will I've only got the first 2 and a few from DKC3 but I can download them). Now, the good thing is that FLAC works in both Goldwave AND you can use FLACs with BCSM-GUI, however... it does work with.... that... program. You know the one, moosehunter? If I was able to get them loud enough without losing quality, and then converted them to WAV with Winamp, and then found the loop points (some how <_<), if I was to use the samples for the start and end of the loop from the WAV file, but use the FLAC, as long as the sample rate (Hz) were equal, e.g. 44 kHz, they'd still loop, I assume. So, I could at least do that with the DKC3 one. <_<

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
*facepalm* you can't use VGM files in Audacity.
You NEED plug-ins to play VGM files, GBS files, etc.
Despite being tired of that 6 hours trip from vacation returning, I have never said I'll use VGM and GBS files. I'll just stick to my way to do those things, that's all.

In a happier note, my signature reappeared like nothing happened XD

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If the way you do things is simply downloading MP3s of the internet and converting them to BRSTMs after probably editing them to find loop points, or even make them loop if they are usually non-looping songs, then as long as the original MP3 is good quality (i.e. 256 - 320 kbps) then it should be OK. Sometimes 128 kbps can sound OK, but others, it sounds really awful.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Until now, I only looked up the number of channels and the Hz number (which should be respectively 2 and 44000). I'll make sure to add the kbps number in account :)

That signature is so random... Okay, I'm off. Good night to you all :)

Top Bottom