• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Bye :). Also, moosehunter, are you able to tell if a BRSTM will be loud enough when played in a match in Brawl just by listening to it? Sometimes I can listen to a BRSTM which sounds pretty loud, but then you can hardly hear it. As you know I've been spending the last few days trying to make loud good quality DKC (1-3) BRSTMs but they never seem to sound loud enough without clipping or removing peaks too much. I've never actually tried testing them in game so I'm not sure, but if you play the DKC BRSTMs, and then compare them to the original Brawl BRSTMs they sound perfect in terms of volume but they sound a bit distorted. No matter WHAT I use, SPCs, MP3s, even FLAC, they are so annoying since it's IMPOSSIBLE to make them even HALF the volume of Brawl BRSTMs without severely reducing peaks, or just clipping.

On a more positive less moaning note, I have FLACs of some Super Mario Sunshine tunes, which are from the Happy! Mario 20th CD. I used MP3s from that album for the SMS BRSTMs I already made, however, I cut out the "Yoshi Drums" parts of it. I could upload the full tunes which work in the same way as Delfino Plaza and Ricco Harbor, i.e. only have the "Yoshi drums" every alternate loop.

Also, have you heard the very high quality enhanced remastered version of the MK64 Rainbow Road from the Nintendo Sound Selection? I used that for the Rainbow Road BRSTM for Mario Kart 64. If only more tracks were enhanced like that from that game. It sounds a lot different in quality to the original version, for starters, the kick drums and snares are a lot more pronounced, where as in the game, they entire percussion is sort of muffled and is blended in with the rest of the song and it's hard to tell when the kick drum is being played as you may mistake the bass for a kick drum some times.

I only really have one problem <_<.... you know there's a limit for how many .. things you can do in Goldwave? I think it's 150 for each individual session and then there's a total amount. Is it 1500 or 2000? I've used 1427 so far and I haven't even had it for more than about a week :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, for the Super Mario Sunshine (I'd say SMS, but since we're talking about Master System/Game Gear, it'd be confusing <_<) BRSTMs I made or fixed in the case of Noki Bay, apart from Noki Bay which is more of just a fix with a higher-quality BRSTM, for those which I made which add the Yoshi versions, should I update the existing BRSTMs for those songs, or add the newer versions alongside the old versions? I was thinking to update them rather than just upload, however, that does bring a problem for Bianco Hills, and that problem is the uploader of the original BRSTM for that. Well, the fact that it's not me. If I uploaded my BRSTM for Bianco Hills which includes the Yoshi portion, would that be OK?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
So, for the Super Mario Sunshine (I'd say SMS, but since we're talking about Master System/Game Gear, it'd be confusing <_<) BRSTMs I made or fixed in the case of Noki Bay, apart from Noki Bay which is more of just a fix with a higher-quality BRSTM, for those which I made which add the Yoshi versions, should I update the existing BRSTMs for those songs, or add the newer versions alongside the old versions? I was thinking to update them rather than just upload, however, that does bring a problem for Bianco Hills, and that problem is the uploader of the original BRSTM for that. Well, the fact that it's not me. If I uploaded my BRSTM for Bianco Hills which includes the Yoshi portion, would that be OK?
Personally, I would just have two tracks. One with the Yoshi, and one without.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Trouble is, I only have the "normal > yoshi > normal" versions, that have the same structure as http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3869 in which as I said, starts with the normal version, then plays the yoshi version after. I don't have the "Yoshi only" versions, as well, there is no such thing.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Out of curiosity, what are your download and upload speeds?
Here's mine:

I was just wondering how quickly you can upload the BRSTMs. For me, it takes roughly a minute to upload 7-9 MB.

Also, you know what's annoying? When you upload one of the BRSTMs to YouTube, and then I update it just after, for example, you just uploaded some Sunshine BRSTMs today, right?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, what are your download and upload speeds?
Here's mine:

I was just wondering how quickly you can upload the BRSTMs. For me, it takes roughly a minute to upload 7-9 MB.

Also, you know what's annoying? When you upload one of the BRSTMs to YouTube, and then I update it just after, for example, you just uploaded some Sunshine BRSTMs today, right?
About the same as you. My ISP has a crappy upload to download ratio. Their highest speed has a download speed of 107 mbps and an upload speed of 5 mpbs. That's < 5% of the download speed.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Most stuff gets cancelled (Youtube), some others I just have no idea how Upload is going (no bar, % or anything), and after one hour of having the same image on display (while it consumes the whole intertet connection), I get frustrated and cancel them...
It's sad and saddening...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
On the topic of Yoshi Drums, Pikmin 1 FLACs work that way too.
Normal -> Enemy -> Sunset -> Sunset Enemy -> Fadeout Normal

My Final Trial BRSTM is only Normal -> Enemy then back to Normal, so maybe it sounds awkward from that.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about SpeedTest, I'll upload mine :

By the way Moosehunter, is there any way you can do a looped version of the Ending of STH2 (GG), like I did before your update ? Not that it matters much, but I think people who appreciate looped endings would be grateful :)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
There aren't many Mario Kart Wii BRSTMs, so I ripped some straight from the ISO. I'm uploading 26 tracks :bee:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Before I uploaded my MKWii BRSTMs there weren't many. I decided to reupload some of them, but I wasn't sure whether I should include things like N64 Mario Raceway, if there's already a BRSTM for that under "Mario Kart 64". Which is another question I have had. If there are games which have songs directly taken from other games, like Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros Brawl (and Melee in the case of the "old" courses), should we have BRSTMs for EACH of the games, or just one? So in other words, should we have a BRSTM for "Green Hill Zone" for Sonic the Hedgehog, AND Super Smash Bros Brawl? Or if we have a "Lost Woods" BRSTM for Ocarina of Time, should we include a BRSTM for "Woods of Mystery" for Majora's Mask, even though they are exactly the same song? Unless moosehunter has a way of making it so that the "Woods of Mystery" actually links to the "Lost Woods"? Is that even possible? I.e. having URLs shared between 'different' (yet the same) BRSTMs?

Also, I'm on brawlcustommusic.com approving your MKWii BRSTMs. I don't need to check them since if they're directly from the ISO BRSTMs you don't even need to do anything. Just upload them, therefore the loops should already be correct :p

And finally, I made a looped version of that music from Super Mario Sunshine that was originally heard in the Space World 2001 trailer of the game, and is featured in the game when the "Demo Mode" is on (i.e. when you leave the game at the title screen, and a montage of gameplay starts playing) which is here:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/5214

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thank you Koopa.
It's gonna take a while since my upload speed sucks.

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
... If there are games which have songs directly taken from other games, like Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros Brawl (and Melee in the case of the "old" courses), should we have BRSTMs for EACH of the games, or just one? So in other words, should we have a BRSTM for "Green Hill Zone" for Sonic the Hedgehog, AND Super Smash Bros Brawl? Or if we have a "Lost Woods" BRSTM for Ocarina of Time, should we include a BRSTM for "Woods of Mystery" for Majora's Mask, even though they are exactly the same song? Unless moosehunter has a way of making it so that the "Woods of Mystery" actually links to the "Lost Woods"? Is that even possible? I.e. having URLs shared between 'different' (yet the same) BRSTMs?
I imagine that it would simply depend on your audio source: upload the audio from the game whence it comes, no more. For example, if your source for Green Hill audio came from a Brawl soundtrack/gamerip, you would upload it under Brawl and not Sonic. Likewise, someone would use raw Genesis audio files for their source for a Green Hill brstm. Maybe that's generally ineffecient, but the audio would technically be different, right? The choice would be left to the downloader's descretion.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Maybe there can be a way to make it from more than one game so it could share a DL ID, but still be from different games.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's what I meant when I said "maybe moosehunter could..." Also, will you be uploading the multi-channel BRSTMs seperately, for example, will you be uploading things like Koopa Cape seperately, for each of the 4 versions? Well, to be really honest, to make them like in game, there should be 3 versions. The 1st should have Channels 1, 2, 7 and 8, the 2nd should have Channels 3, 4, 7 and 8, and the 3rd should have just 5 and 6. The 1st 2 are the channels you hear when you first start the course. 3 and 4, are the parts where you're on the river, 5 and 6 is in the tunnel, and 7 and 8 are that weird "wah" sound that sings the melody. If that'd be too much work, I could do that. Usually with multi-channel BRSTMs, moosehunter includes the seperate channels, and then has another which mixes them, for example, you'll see a BRSTM for the main part of Bouldergeist for Super Mario Galaxy, then the Mix (which is also heard in game), and then just the drums. I believe he also did this for the BIS BRSTMs (having the "inside Bowser" versions on top of the ... normal?... versions).

Which reminds me, we only have the Overworld for New Super Mario Bros Wii, of all the multi-channel BRSTMs.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well I've uploaded some Koopa Cape BRSTMs. I mixed the "4th version" with the 1st and 2nd versions (as they should be), instead of having them seperate. So, it's really version 1+4, version 2+4 and version 3. I could go over the top and have 1, 2, 3, 4, 1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 2+3, 2+4, 3+4, 1+2+3, 1+2+4, 1+3+4, 2+3+4, and then all 4 at once, but that'd be a bit too much.

Also, since no one's done it yet, I've downloaded the first 10 tracks of the FFIXOST, and as you know, I've already done Swords of Fury, so I'm going to eventually do all 106 tracks from the game. I won't be including any OST plus songs, though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ehh, I'm not sure about the multi-tracked ones. I mean, VideoGameScrapbook has the tracks with multiple channels seperated, and IDK if I want to do them.

Well I've uploaded some Koopa Cape BRSTMs. I mixed the "4th version" with the 1st and 2nd versions (as they should be), instead of having them seperate. So, it's really version 1+4, version 2+4 and version 3. I could go over the top and have 1, 2, 3, 4, 1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 2+3, 2+4, 3+4, 1+2+3, 1+2+4, 1+3+4, 2+3+4, and then all 4 at once, but that'd be a bit too much.
Okay, good.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know where I can find a GOOD quality rip of the Super Mario RPG OSV?

Note 2 very important things:
By "GOOD" I mean at least 256 kbps MP3s (and preferably at least 44.1 kHz), OR lossless (e.g. FLAC)
I want the actual sound track, NOT some SPC rip converted to MP3s.

I have downloaded many versions of SMPRG "soundtracks", but they're either SPC-MP3 conversions, or 128 kbps MP3s, or something. The reason I want the official soundtrack, is to assure they are as high quality as possible, and I need to update some of the SMRPG BRSTMs as I didn't even amplify any of them, and I also used not-very-high quality SPC-WAV conversions.

Also, for the billionth time, can anyone do a better job at DKC series BRSTMs? As I've said the only issues I have are quality, and loudness (which in most cases is what affects the quality, over-clipping or over-compressing (peak reduction to be specific))

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I think some people might find this interesting:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/SMS.zip
These were recorded while playing the game in Dolphin. There are 2 files from using the high-level emulation audio plugin, and one from using the low-level emulation plugin. The LLE plugin is slower and more accurate, most noticeably on stereo separation. Because it can't run at 100% speed, I had to use Goldwave to remove the silence in between when it played. e.g. Nin----ten----do -> Nintendo. However, there are some parts where the music is actually silent, so it removed those as well, you'll hear those as a sudden speed up in the song.

And IDK about the SMRPG OSV, I tried looking, but couldn't find anything. But I see you've hit FFShrine already.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The HLE ones are better quality (but mono) where as the LLE ones are stereo, but have loud ticks. Maybe Goldwave can help with that? EDIT: Seems not. The socalled "pop/click removal" doesn't quite do what I expected :p. Also, the HLE plug-in doesn't have stereo support? If you were able to use the HLE with stereo support, then you could potentially record the entire soundtrack, right? All you'd need is to be able to survive the Manta Storm for long enough to get at least one loop of the thing. This would apply with all tracks, especially ones for stages where you can't simply stand still.

Also, how do you know I hit FFShrine? I've also tried KHInsider, as well. I did download a high quality TAK set of the OSV, but there are only 2 TAKs, each consisting of an entire disc. So, I COULD use that, but that'd mean having to seperate each track into seperate, files, and it's much more convenient to have one file per song, right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It says you're replying to this topic, so just incase, I'll make a new reply. Well... it's November 8, 2010... according to your profile, you joined on November 8, 2008. So, unless you're in a timezone where it's still before midnight, and therefore November 7, um... HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY. Lol, you're a little toddler :p

moosehunter

Smash Ace
The HLE ones are better quality (but mono) where as the LLE ones are stereo, but have loud ticks. Maybe Goldwave can help with that? EDIT: Seems not. The socalled "pop/click removal" doesn't quite do what I expected :p. Also, the HLE plug-in doesn't have stereo support? If you were able to use the HLE with stereo support, then you could potentially record the entire soundtrack, right? All you'd need is to be able to survive the Manta Storm for long enough to get at least one loop of the thing. This would apply with all tracks, especially ones for stages where you can't simply stand still.

Also, how do you know I hit FFShrine? I've also tried KHInsider, as well. I did download a high quality TAK set of the OSV, but there are only 2 TAKs, each consisting of an entire disc. So, I COULD use that, but that'd mean having to seperate each track into seperate, files, and it's much more convenient to have one file per song, right?
You posted in the forums at FFShrine. And Separating the disk into separate tracks would take much less time than searching for a new download, it takes barely any time at all.

And it's not that the HLE doesn't support stereo, it's just that it's less accurate. And it there's been some recent work on the LLE plugin, so I downloaded the newest Dolphin, and the LLE is faster, and sounds better.

Edit: it just so happens that Nov. 8 is my actual birthday. I'm finally 18. It was kinda weird being a minor in college.

Edit 2: Oh, and this would work perfectly if someone ran the modified ISO on actual hardware like primeblue did for his Twilight Princess rip.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Something I never actually knew about the, well, most people call it the "Piranha Plant in the Generator" music, is the intro, where the bass does a pitch bend like a slow boingy sound.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I bet you're jealous of Australians, seeing as they only have 2-3 days, where as you have a nice 8 days. We only have just one more day than Australia to wait, but then Japan are 2 days after you, so .... it's not all bad :p

Top Bottom