• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Also, FlameHyenard, the source of the Goldeneye 64 BRSTMs isn't the best, infact, to be honest, quite bad. Bad quality sound, and there are parts that have bits of another song just fading out at the beginning. Infact, the only good thing about these, is that you looped them perfectly, even adding a custom loop to "Escape from Silo", i.e. it's not your fault :p. I've approved all the ones that were pending, however, I'll update them with higher quality versions, if that's OK. I'll be using the USF, which means the full song, with no cut-off, and good quality. It appears whoever recorded that particular set of MP3s was recording from game, which is a huge no, in terms of good quality soundtracks. Official Soundtracks are the best, generally, but to ensure perfect looping, rips from the ROMs or ISOs are best, as you can set it to play as long as you want, so that you can easily find loop points. Recording ingame is a huge no, as I said, because well, who would want to play Brawl and hear sounds of another game randomly playing for no reason :p
That's alright with me if you update them :)

I was about to try and found Xenia's battle theme on Youtube, but since you will do it, I'll leave it to you %)

Plus, I have the WAVs files of all the multiplayer musics on my laptop (there are 14 of them, and I have only 13, because the BRSTM of Jungle (Beta) you have uploaded is in fact Multiplayer 14 ;))

One more thing : the "Escape from Silo" BRSTM was supposed to loop back at the beginning, but since there was a little sound, I couldn't get it right =S

By the way :

:laugh:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'll update all the songs for Goldeneye 007 that I haven't updated, including the one you've done, so that they are louder and clearer. Also, that picture makes a nice change from the overused "tl;dr".

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I didn't know ParagonX9 did a Rainbow Road remix.
Also, did I post my looping versions of probably her most well known remix, "The Alternate Route"?
Just incase I didn't, here's a looping version of the full song:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/brstm/2112

And a shorter version:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/brstm/2126

Also, I approved Flame's GE007 BRSTMs -- I know they're not the best quality sound, and have the occasional popping, but I've said I'll update them later.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Is that a joke ? The last song I tried to upload come from the OST itself. How could this be of a bad quality ? Here's where I took the song (search at Disc 4) : http://www.ffdream.com/downld-ostff7.html

If this song is so bad in quality, then why not delete all the remixes song in F-Zero GP Legend ? Those BRSTMs are way worse in quality, and they are still in there :glare:

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
GBA Quality... You're talking about the F-Zero GP Legend remixes, right ?

If you want a program to remix songs, you can try FL Studio (though it cost money), or something like that.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Is that a joke ? The last song I tried to upload come from the OST itself. How could this be of a bad quality ? Here's where I took the song (search at Disc 4) : http://www.ffdream.com/downld-ostff7.html

If this song is so bad in quality, then why not delete all the remixes song in F-Zero GP Legend ? Those BRSTMs are way worse in quality, and they are still in there :glare:
It came from a horribly compressed version of the OST. Listen to the PSF set and you'll see what I mean.
If your loop points were good, you should just be able to throw them on the better quality song.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
One important thing to note about MP3s, to ensure good quality -- do NOT, I repeat, do NOT EVER use an MP3s that have a bitrate lower than 256 kbps. And whatever you do, avoid the evil 128 kbps. Personally 320 kbps is the minimum recommended (it's also the maximum possible generally :p)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
For the Multiplayer songs, I got rid of the "Multiplayer [number] -", because of the combo breaking perimeter (thanks TheUltimateKoopa :laugh:).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I suppose it's up to you, but should I rename the ones like "Settle the score with 006" to "Cradle X", for simplicity? I.e. most people probably know it as "Cradle X" -- infact, should I rename all the "X" themes as "stage name X"? Like "Aztec Countdown" to "Aztec X", or Escape from Silo/Facility/Train to Silo/Facility/Train X (respectively), etc?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Leave them all as they are. I'm sure there are more people who would recognize "Settle the Score with 006" than people who knows "Cradle X".

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You sure? Well, either way, they'll find out when they listen to it :p -- it just seems weird how some of them are "something X", but others aren't. I thought it'd just make it neater, so that all the "X" themes are with their respective normal themes.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The X themes are supposed to be the remixes versions of the normal themes. However, you can only access them in a Multiplayer game.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What I mean is, it would be neater, (IMO), if we just had "Train X" instead of "Escape from Train", for example, and by neater, I mean, it'd go like:
Archives
Archives X
Aztec
Aztec X
Bunker 1
Bunker 1 X
Bunker 2
Bunker 2 X

and so on

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The persons who didn't played the game would be lost, then.

We can always write the "X" titles in the description of each song (though no one would read them anyway :laugh:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Here's what I got of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Athletic (Super Mario Bros. 3) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Bob-omb Battlefield (Super Mario 64) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Bowser's Road (Super Mario 64) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Bobsleigh (Nocturnus Gate, Part 2) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Bobsleigh (Nocturnus Gate) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Figure Skating: Mario World (Bowser's Castle) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Freestyle Ski Cross (Mario Circuit) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Hang Gliding (Sky Garden) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Ice Hockey (Bowser's Castle) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Short Track (Egg Factory) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Ski Jumping (Good Egg Galaxy) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Dream Snowboard Cross (Radical Highway) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Ground Theme (Super Mario World) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Palmtree Panic By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Purple Coins (Super Mario Galaxy) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Vs. Jet (Snowboard Cross) By Segtendo - DEMO
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Vs. Omega (Speed Skate) By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Looks like almost every song from Goldeneye N64 are up on the site. It just misses Xenia's Battle Theme, and we're set :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The USF set, which I use, has I think 58 tracks, consisting of 20 normal themes, 19 "X" themes (Surface 1 doesn't have 1), and the other 19 are things like "jingles" (e.g. deaths, intro, ending, beta tunes e.g. the beta jungle theme, citadel, etc)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Sounds like a decent number of songs.

Anyway, I putted up Xenia's battle theme, the MP3 used for this was taken from Graeme Norgate's website.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm in the process of updating all the Goldeneye songs, as you're aware, so far, I'm up to Streets X (I've just done Archives X).

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Okidoki :)

By the way, does anyone know if there are PSF file of Snowboard Kids' songs ? Not that I'm going to make them, since I had to uninstall Winamp due to messing up my video files.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea, I think I tried using the USF plugin with Winamp and it didn't play the files (I downloaded DK64).

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Well, this is not the kind of engine I can handle in an instant. And I don't really want to spend more time to understand how to read PSF files than making BRSTM files.

Plus, I recently uploaded videos on Youtube, and I couldn't make the difference between my video files and my music files. Sorry, but Winamp is not for me.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
All you need to do is copy the in_usf.dll and ini files to C:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins
You do have Winamp 5.59 (or whatever the latest one is), right?

Also, I usually use WMP for videos. Winamp sometimes doesn't even play videos, i.e. it plays the audio only.
I can't see how it's hard to play PSFs (assuming by PSFs you are referring to the USF, GSF, 2SF, NSF etc as a whole (i.e. Portable Sound Format), and not the PlayStation Sound Format which also uses the PSF extension). You need a seperate plug-in for USFs, GSFs, NSFs, 2SFs etc.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I don't want to install a ton of plugins just to read a certain file format. I prefer keep it simple. Even if the results aren't as good as when using Winamp.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
In that case, best to use MP3s, WAVs or lossless formats that were converted FROM these formats, and are a good quality and are no lower than 160 kbps as that is the minimum recommended bitrate for MP3s.

On another note, does anyone know where I can find a GOOD quality rip of Columns? The VGM rip from HCS64.com doesn't have the complete versions of Clothos, Lathesis and Atropos.

Top Bottom