• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Have you downloaded the Super Mario Sunshine rip that slippyToad made (at FFShrine)? That's what I used for Corona Mountain, and some Boss Battles.

Also, I already added the Final (Bowser) Battle music :p

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Have you downloaded the Super Mario Sunshine rip that slippyToad made (at FFShrine)? That's what I used for Corona Mountain, and some Boss Battles.

Also, I already added the Final (Bowser) Battle music :p
Yeah, I have. That's what I used for the SMS music I uploaded yesterday.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What format did you use? Unfortunately, I (accidentally) used 128 kbps MP3s because I forgot/didn't know how to change the bitrate. For the Final Bowser one, what format did you use? Did you use the FLAC or MP3s?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh. I downloaded some of the FLACs (I think it's Part 2 I still need to download). IMO, the 128 kbps MP3s I didn't download but converted to (because I just saved them in Goldwave after amplifying not realising that they automatically save at 128 kbps by default) don't sound very good in quality, so I'll update them using the FLACs. I'll have to convert them to WAV first, because that certain program does not support anything other than WAVs IIRC.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Oh. I downloaded some of the FLACs (I think it's Part 2 I still need to download). IMO, the 128 kbps MP3s I didn't download but converted to (because I just saved them in Goldwave after amplifying not realising that they automatically save at 128 kbps by default) don't sound very good in quality, so I'll update them using the FLACs. I'll have to convert them to WAV first, because that certain program does not support anything other than WAVs IIRC.
Just make sure that there's nothing wrong with the tracks that you use. I'm sure you've read the thread at ffshrine. There are also some that have a timer sound at the beginning like the red coin challenge.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. I know about that, and the Petey Piranha/Gooper Blooper etc one, and a few others. Most of them are OK, however.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I didn't do anything. I was just pointing out that there were two of the same BRSTM.

You sure about 5616? That IS your BRSTM...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but that was made with a 128 kbps MP3, and moosehunter's was with a FLAC. It also sounds higher quality. You can blame Goldwave for saving MP3s at 128 kbps (by default). Also, I was talking to moosehunter when I asked if he'd amplified his version.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Huh? I can't delete it...

On another note, I finally got the tags for Sonic Colors (DS). The "3's" were the mission songs.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Huh? I can't delete it...

On another note, I finally got the tags for Sonic Colors (DS). The "3's" were the mission songs.
Oops, I didn't notice the song that TUK uploaded.

I think I may have made it so that mods can't delete other mods' songs. Anyway it's gone now.

Also, I'm probably going to be out for most of the next 4-5 days

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So about the DKC series, is there anyone who is able to make BRSTMs that at least sound loud enough to be heard in Brawl? I've tried all sorts of things, even setting the sample rate to 192kHz for the SPCs, and then setting the SPC amplification to 0 so that there is minimal clipping in the sound, outputting to WAV, then using Goldwave to amplify, and it's still not loud enough. I reduce peaks after this, and amplify further, and yet again, it's still not loud enough. At least it never seems loud enough. If you compare a BRSTM from Brawl to something from the DKC series on brawlcustommusic.com, I bet some of them sound really quiet.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
IDK, maybe some high-quality MP3's or FLAC's?
I have noticed that SPCs are quiet. I once ripped "Porky Means Business!" from an Earthbound SPC and I noticed that it was quieter later in the song. >.>

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are you neoeligar? You asked that question and now more than a whole month's gone and still no word :p

I don't know what the song is unfortunately.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
IDK, maybe some high-quality MP3's or FLAC's?
I have noticed that SPCs are quiet. I once ripped "Porky Means Business!" from an Earthbound SPC and I noticed that it was quieter later in the song. >.>
How the heck, to be honest, would you get high-quality MP3s? The only way to get MP3s is the SPCs. All MP3s from non-OST rips are obviously from SPCs -- how else can you get them?

Also, the OST is not the best option (particularly for DKC or DKC2) -- for DKC3 it's OK. The simple problem is looping. DKC and DKC2 have tracks that fade out before any loops can be found, for example, Barrel Bayou fades out before the first "loop" (which never actually loops) has even finished, so technically, it's before the start of the loop), where as DKC3 does a full 2 loops, so it's easy to find loop points. The problem is that the quality is good if you like them to sound like the SNES, but the OST is still not loud enough. No matter how much I amplify it, reduce peaks, if I do it too much, the quality just decreases too much.

Also I converted a 192000 Hz WAV to BRSTM and it came out as a slowed-down 60 kHz WAV in which a WAV of about 3:40 turned into a rather long BRSTM of over 11 minutes at nearly 40 MB :p

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Are you neoeligar? You asked that question and now more than a whole month's gone and still no word :p

I don't know what the song is unfortunately.
Actually about 4 to 5 months. :p
I know it's kind of annoying but i'm just waiting for the right person to see my post at the right time.:(

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm gonna post what we have of the Scott Pilgrim game music so far.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Another Winter By Moosehunter - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Area Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Attract Sound By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Boss Time By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Chengu Gardens By Munoz - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Clash at Demonhead By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Dragon's Den By KingZeoX - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Maki Ya By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Matthew Patel Battle By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Night of Terror By Munoz - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Rock Club By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Rox 300 By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Scott & Ramona By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Scott Pilgrim Anthem By JomageX - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Shopping By Munoz - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Shrine Bros. By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Skate or Live By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Suburban Tram By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - The Dark One By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Vs. Super Gideon, Part I By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Vs. Super Gideon, Part II By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Wilderness Sabbatical By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
No problem :)

One thing about the MvC3 songs : Ryota Niitsuma has stated that he would like for the game to have at the very least somewhere around 100 musical themes. This basically means that each character will get more than one theme... which certainly include arranged and remixed pieces.

When the full OST will be released, get ready for this :awesome:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There isn't a seperate song for character select. It uses the menu theme you have set. The menu themes are W30, X01, X02 and X03.

Also, FlameHyenard, the source of the Goldeneye 64 BRSTMs isn't the best, infact, to be honest, quite bad. Bad quality sound, and there are parts that have bits of another song just fading out at the beginning. Infact, the only good thing about these, is that you looped them perfectly, even adding a custom loop to "Escape from Silo", i.e. it's not your fault :p. I've approved all the ones that were pending, however, I'll update them with higher quality versions, if that's OK. I'll be using the USF, which means the full song, with no cut-off, and good quality. It appears whoever recorded that particular set of MP3s was recording from game, which is a huge no, in terms of good quality soundtracks. Official Soundtracks are the best, generally, but to ensure perfect looping, rips from the ROMs or ISOs are best, as you can set it to play as long as you want, so that you can easily find loop points. Recording ingame is a huge no, as I said, because well, who would want to play Brawl and hear sounds of another game randomly playing for no reason :p

Note to people who are making BRSTMs, try using as high a quality source (by source I mean the original files you're using to make the BRSTMs) as possible. Any MP3s that are recorded FROM a game, and have bits cut-off, sound effects, even just a single fraction of a second, should be avoided as much as possible.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm gonna post what we have of the Scott Pilgrim game music so far.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Another Winter By Moosehunter - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Area Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Attract Sound By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Boss Time By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Chengu Gardens By Munoz - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Clash at Demonhead By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Dragon's Den By KingZeoX - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Maki Ya By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Matthew Patel Battle By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Night of Terror By Munoz - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Rock Club By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Rox 300 By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Scott & Ramona By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Scott Pilgrim Anthem By JomageX - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Shopping By Munoz - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Shrine Bros. By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Skate or Live By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Suburban Tram By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - The Dark One By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Vs. Super Gideon, Part I By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Vs. Super Gideon, Part II By Segtendo - DEMO
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Wilderness Sabbatical By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List
I love you so ****ing much right now!!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I was thinking of making BRSTMs for some games whose soundtracks are so rare, that there is literally NO WHERE (that I know of) on the entire internet that you can find them. Infact only one person has ever uploaded a single video on YouTube on a single song for any of these games, and I'm that person.

Hands up if you've even heard of the games "Micro Machines 2 Turbo", "Micro Machines Turbo Tournament '96", or "Micro Machines Military", all (in this case) for the Genesis/MegaDrive.

Top Bottom