• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
I want to make sure you'll actually let me ask the question and not get mad about it. It's about the someone that reported TNG. I really wanna know who it was.

:phone:

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
I don't know either. And I was the one asking! I mean, all he said was that someone reported him!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, looking at my signature, you should have an idea of how much I have left, to upload.

Note, that I'm only uploading the following directory:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/music/

This is what I've been uploading (therefore, anything that's there has already been uploaded, and if it's not there, it hasn't been uploaded, obviously)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Guys? About Kid Icarus: Uprising music.

You know the music like "Ch 1 The Return of Palutena" which consists of a non-looping 'medley' of different pieces which fade out, and start with the next piece?

How exactly, and when exactly do these play in game? Are these medleys of cutscene music, or what? And do they ever loop in the game? It just seems weird how it's like 3 or 4 separate pieces of music, none of which loop, and then they just stop (fade out)...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm curious as to why almost all of them are "E to S"...
I mean, can't people at least try to make a loop point? .-.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
AHEM

"Ch. X" songs are air battles. They are composed to go with the actual flight and thus have breaks when the flight slows down and ends when it finishes. The ones currently on-site are modified and should all be replaced using the FLAC ones on FFShrine. Ideally, a game rip will come out and we can use individual themes (some air battles seem to be split into sections for multiple routes or non-set-duration things). There's one land battle that DOESN'T loop (scripted the whole way through) and that's (Ch. 17).

Likewise, (Ch. X) are land battles and loop with the exception of what I posted. In no circumstance should a song be E to S.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, should I make the "Air Battles" to have a custom loop?

And if I separate each section, what should I call it? ".... Part 1", and ".... Part 2"?

I have an 80-track rip in 320 kbps MP3 that I converted to WAV (so I can use the program I use to find the loops, or help find them at the least). It's not FLAC, but then, in terms of BRSTMs it won't make much difference.

So far, I'm making BRSTM of all the loopable tracks from the rip I have.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
株式会社タイト is evil.

Translation: Tight Inc.

That's how it would be spelt in English, but the actual name is "Taito".

They gave us a copyright strike for music from one of their games, Dariusburst.

Now serious question.

WHAT THE **** IS THE ****ING POINT IN THE ****ING CHANNEL? I mean ANY of the songs could be next. We may as well simply not upload ANYTHING WHAT SO ****ING EVER, and delete EVERY ****ING VIDEO, just incase it gets us our third strike. I mean sure we have backup accounts, but what about when THOSE go? Do we just create more? But then, that means you'll have to edit the scripts (when the site's back) to upload to those channels, and so on.

Here's the offending video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6VYQgbf9JY

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does the 'soundtest recording' you have have about 80-81 songs?

And why shouldn't I make them custom loop?
You don't own the site, so you can't tell me what to make custom loops of, so nyah :p

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Does the 'soundtest recording' you have have about 80-81 songs?

And why shouldn't I make them custom loop?
You don't own the site, so you can't tell me what to make custom loops of, so nyah :p
Because BCM is a site that [first and foremost] hosts video game OSTs in the BRSTM format. Air Battle songs are Non-Looping and should thus be presented as non-looping first.

I don't trust people with songs if they never played that game in the first place

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But what if someone wants the song in Brawl? They wouldn't want the song to play for like 3 minutes and then suddenly stop, and not play again, would you?

Why do you think I put the Call of Duty BRSTMs I made as custom loops? Why do you think remixes are always custom looped?

The main POINT of BRSTMs and BCM, is pretty much the loops. Otherwise, you may as well just put every single track as a non-looping single BRSTM.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm worried. Do you think you guys uploaded something that would give you the third strike?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
But what if someone wants the song in Brawl? They wouldn't want the song to play for like 3 minutes and then suddenly stop, and not play again, would you?
Why would they want an Air Battle song that doesn't loop? Air Battles have clear intros, pauses, and ends, which wouldn't fit in a fight. Air Battles only work either just for listening purposes or for the flight path they accompany. Sure, there are sections of Air Battles which could be fun to loop (ie Chasing the Chaos Kin) and play in battle, but having the whole thing would feel out of place.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OBVIOUSLY I'm not talking about looping an entire Air Battle track. I'm talking about individual 'sections', or pieces of music <_<.
It's like Dancing Mad from FFVI. The complete piece of music doesn't loop, but it has separate sections that do.

Also, PnF? BrawlBRSTMs2.

Also, does anyone hate it how YouTube has made it so that instead of now displaying the Upload date of a video, it actually shows the "Published date"?

So if you uploaded a private video (it was set to be private when uploading), today, and then finally made it public in about 2 years, it'd act as if it was only just uploaded, so it'd say "Published on May 23, 2014" or something.

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBTf5gknAw

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Just a note that all Air Battle "sections" would have to be custom loops...except maybe Ch. 20 and Ch. 25.

If you can rip the raw files you can probably get a naturally looping first half of Ch. 20 and then all sections of Ch. 25.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You need to keep up. Here's the known progress of ripping raw 3DS music:
......................................................................... 0%

Also, BrawlBRSTMs has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

http://www.youtube.com/BrawlBRSTMs

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know, it was uploaded a few months ago. Don't forget that all videos from the site are automatically uploaded to both accounts. I don't remember if being copyright-stricken on the BrawlBRSTMs site (unless that WAS the one that suspended it)

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Just to make sure, you guys did delete anything that could give copyright infringement right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Let's be technical...

EVERYTHING could give copyright infringement, so you're suggesting we delete all the videos, basically.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What are you talking about? The first BrawlBRSTMs? There's only ever been one BrawlBRSTMs.

Also, what's the point in even having the accounts at all? And you want extended Mario Party Advance. But that's video game music. It's copyrighted. So, no Mario Party Advance for you.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
That's fine. One of my friends extends music and he didn't get copyright strikes. And two of the songs he extended were from Bust-A-Move!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
PnF, not to sound rude, but you don't need to respond to everything we say.

Example:
Just out of curiosity, what was the last flagged video?
That post was intended for TUK, seeing as he was on the channel for 90% of the time.

Top Bottom