• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Ike's SH Bair worked just fine for me on .9 SH.

My friend was comboing quite well with sonic's fair, too.

However, I do still want a character-specific code, of course.

Wumbo

Smash Rookie
Haha. After reading Wumbo's post, I think we need a thread dedicated to, or a section in the OP of this thread, that has links to posts that describe how awesome Brawl+ is, and how it's changing people's lives! XD
:D I think an occasional one in here is good. It might encourage some extra people to just try it out.

True it would be more organized to have a separate one but we can't be organized in multiple threads within General Brawl Discussion.

I dont think we can spread our support through too many threads right now, especially while existing within "General Brawl Discussion" If we spread too thin threads could be lost under pages.

We need our own forum section.

We should keep our threads in smash boards for sure to get the word out, but we could get our own forum until smashboards gives us one, which may never happen.

just my opinion.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ike's SH Bair worked just fine for me on .9 SH.
Did it auto cancel? What gravity are you playing with (I'm doing 1.0 up and 1.2 down) I still can't get it to work.

My friend was comboing quite well with sonic's fair, too.
Oops...I had 1.05 upwards gravity. I just tested it again and it works in (can't get the double jump though).

But I still can't get Ike's auto cancel bair.:(

Although, Sonic's fair still doesn't work on any slopes (including the really shallow ones on Yoshi's Island and Lylat Cruise.)

zxeon

Smash Lord
I personally hated 0.9 SH when I tried it.

I play Sonic, Ike, and Marth, all of which lose more than they gain from lower shorthops.

Sonic loses his SH fair, which is pretty much a staple to his combo game.

Ike loses his SH Bair, which is his only fast kill move .

Marth loses his SH double fair, which isn't that important, but still irritating (I can't do fair->uair combos:()
Ike lose his SH Bair? I would much rather have a short hop of .8 than 1. I don't like SHing a Bair and whiffing or jumping half an hour early just so I can knee someone on the ground with Falcon.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Well, it's a trade-off. Ike's SH Bair at .9 (1.25 Down Grav) can't autocancel, but it hits much lower, and is thus easier to land on the cast's shorter characters. With ALR, the lag isn't too bad.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well, it's a trade-off. Ike's SH Bair at .9 (1.25 Down Grav) can't autocancel, but it hits much lower, and is thus easier to land on the cast's shorter characters. With ALR, the lag isn't too bad.
Or you can use my codeset and easily land both depending on whether or not you fastfall or not :-P.

Seriously, when I first started playing CF I thought his shorthop was way too hard. I invested a little bit of time, and with the new fast fall codes, I think it's better to have the tall short hop because of the fact that fast falling makes up for the extra height and it actually opens up more possibilities.

This however holds true for Falcon, but I don't know about other characters. Some might be better with .9. Some I know do need lower short hops. I know for a fact that Samus needs to have her shorthop set to like .8 or something, cause it's way to high and honestly has always has been since at least Melee (dunno about SSB64). Overall though, I think that in most cases you could still fast fall most aerials at the right moment and get the desired affect.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Marth loses his SH double fair, which isn't that important, but still irritating (I can't do fair->uair combos:()
This is completely false. At .9 SH he can easily SH double fair or fair>uair on 1 buffer. Even on 0 buffer it's possible, but it's about as hard to do as it was in Melee. You must have also had some Up grav setting on when trying this.

I personally think 0.9 SH is perfect and I'll probably keep playing with it until some tourney standard is decided.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Ike at .8 (.9 if you are using 1.05 up gravity) SH is much better. You can SHFL his Uair, Dair, and Fair hella fast and Spike characters on the ground much easier with his Diar. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do I can't see him being used with his normal SH.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
This is completely false. At .9 SH he can easily SH double fair or fair>uair on 1 buffer. Even on 0 buffer it's possible, but it's about as hard to do as it was in Melee. You must have also had some Up grav setting on when trying this.

I personally think 0.9 SH is perfect and I'll probably keep playing with it until some tourney standard is decided.
Yeah, I had up grav while I was doing that. My bad. But I tested Ike and Sonic again and it's still the same problem.

Ike at .8 (.9 if you are using 1.05 up gravity) SH is much better. You can SHFL his Uair, Dair, and Fair hella fast and Spike characters on the ground much easier with his Diar. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do I can't see him being used with his normal SH.
Umm...Ike is much better at 1.0 SH. SHFFLing fair and dair are unaffected because by the time the hitbox move comes out you can fast fall anyway (making it take the same amount of time), and SHFFLing his Uair is not that good for hitting grounded opponent's in the first place.

The only arguement you could really make for Ike is that he'd be able to hit shorter opponents with a bair, but it's still got a lot of lag after it (yes, I know it is halved, it's still a lot of lag). Autocancel bair is 10 times better because it's safer and you can still hit small opponents by just doing the bair later (of course, you wouldn't get the auto cancel here).

Maybe you could make a case for his nair because it's easier to make brick walls with it, but you can still SH nair and just fast fall and get the same effect.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I know this is off-topic, but I'm listening to the latest Smash Back Room podcast about Brawl+, which is very informative by the way, and they were wondering who came up with the name "Brawl+".

In some sort of way to allow myself to have more importance in this project (since I seem to have fallen off the face of the planet), I want to point out that I came up with the name Brawl+.

I just wanted to throw it out there ._.; And I figured this would be a good place to do it... Sorry. lulz ._.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
I know this is off-topic, but I'm listening to the latest Smash Back Room podcast about Brawl+, which is very informative by the way, and they were wondering who came up with the name "Brawl+".

In some sort of way to allow myself to have more importance in this project (since I seem to have fallen off the face of the planet), I want to point out that I came up with the name Brawl+.

I just wanted to throw it out there ._.; And I figured this would be a good place to do it... Sorry. lulz ._.
Heh cool.. u dont seem special at all lol no offense. u should put it in ur sig or sumtin haha

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Who coined the term "Brawl+"?
Makkun....

Put it in the FAQ! It's not really frequently asked, but It's obviously frequently wondered lol
ADD IT XD

and what other characters do the hackers plan to add to Brawl+?
i dont think there really is a need to add characters

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Haha thanks everyone. XD And DDC20XL, I DID create the Wii Hack Tutorial :p

Also about custom skins... When I was listening to that podcast last night, they were talking about some huge project where a team had created a LOT of custom skins and had planned on releasing a new Brawl ISO. (Burn the game and play it on a hacked Wii through *cough*illegal*cough* means) However, it is believed that Nintendo contacted them about this, so on the day it was supposed to be released, the entire thing was canceled. I think they are still planning on releasing some texture hacks, but these aren't achieved through codes. You actually have to replace files on the Brawl disc and re-burn the ISO.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
We're still trying to determine if he's broken or not. He got a buff just like nearly every other character. We still need to truly figure out if he's untouchable by any number of the cast.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
In vanilla Brawl, one of the factors in not banning him was the possibility of new techniques against him being found. To a certain extent, Diddy's game against MK is coming along, but I don't see any sort of hard counters developing.

Brawl+, however, is a whole other matter. While it does buff MK, nearly every character has fresh tactics that haven't been explored. There's still a good chance that someone's new tactics will counter MK's.

If not, we'll have the nerf stick.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I dont believe he is with a certain codeset...He could basically combo before, now others can dish out punishment as well.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
IMO, it's fairly obvious that Meta is broken. The hit stun makes him combo better, makes his off the ledge game better, and his dair gimps are way better cause of stun and down gravity. His ledge game is still intact. No ASL doesn't affect his recovery negatively much at all, and his edgeguarding is top notch. No decay or partial decay buffs the hell out of his tornado, downsmash, and upB. Shield stun is icing on the cake considering nearly all of his moves were instant and now the few moves that aren't instant are super fast due to aerial lag reduction.

What is there to debate? Everything that was really good about him before gets magnified, and he doesn't get many nerfs. For almost all of the other top characters they get nerfs as well as buffs, or they didn't get buffed much at all.

kupo15

Smash Hero
IMO, it's fairly obvious that Meta is broken. The hit stun makes him combo better, makes his off the ledge game better, and his dair gimps are way better cause of stun and down gravity. His ledge game is still intact. No ASL doesn't affect his recovery negatively much at all, and his edgeguarding is top notch. No decay or partial decay buffs the hell out of his tornado, downsmash, and upB. Shield stun is icing on the cake considering nearly all of his moves were instant and now the few moves that aren't instant are super fast due to aerial lag reduction.

What is there to debate? Everything that was really good about him before gets magnified, and he doesn't get many nerfs. For almost all of the other top characters they get nerfs as well as buffs, or they didn't get buffed much at all.
It may be just a waste of time trying to nerf him since his moves are still programmed to be broken. Idk but nerfing just seems like it will make the pain and suffering longer but we will see

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Touche. I haven't played any MK mains in B+, but I can't argue with what you're saying.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It may be just a waste of time trying to nerf him since his moves are still programmed to be broken. Idk but nerfing just seems like it will make the pain and suffering longer but we will see
I don't believe that really. I would just nerf him by turning off his added hitstun and his aerial lag reduction. Possibly his dash speed increase too. That way he is more like vanilla Meta, and all the other characters would receive buffs and he'd still be ******** good without having to spend tons of code to nerf things.
I haven't played any MK mains in B+, but I can't argue with what you're saying.
I don't either, but my friend Brian who doesn't even play him as a main wrecks me 90% of the time without trying just because he picks Meta. If he actually knew how to play him well I wouldn't stand a chance.

Almas

Smash Lord
Removing MK's Aerial Lag Reduction wouldn't do much. He autocancels pretty much everything anyways.

EDIT: By the way Mookie, you should come on the IRC sometimes. I'd like to talk to you about how you think the game should be balanced.

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
This is really awesome sounding, Im wondering if though (cause I dont use brawl+) can sombody using brawl+ use these codes against a non + user? also how soon will a fully complete version and guide of Brawl+ be out, thanks!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
This is really awesome sounding, Im wondering if though (cause I dont use brawl+) can sombody using brawl+ use these codes against a non + user? also how soon will a fully complete version and guide of Brawl+ be out, thanks!
If you play online with Brawl+ and somebody is using different codes, you will desync.

There won't be a complete version for a loooong time. :p

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
If you play online with Brawl+ and somebody is using different codes, you will desync.

There won't be a complete version for a loooong time. :p

alright, thanks for the quick response, we ever going to make B+ a standard for friend finder, or say a dedicated room? also, will swf be willing to have a B+ dedicated forum area?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
SWF will not be having a separate forum, in part due to liabilities involved with sanctioning modification. It would be really awesome if it worked out, though.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I just played my first Brawl+ match against a CPU, and I couldn't help but to dawn a smile. This mod almost brings Brawl to Melee's level in terms of quality, but it still has a ways to go. Thanks hackers, this made me love Brawl again!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just played my first Brawl+ match against a CPU, and I couldn't help but to dawn a smile. This mod almost brings Brawl to Melee's level in terms of quality, but it still has a ways to go. Thanks hackers, this made me love Brawl again!
Glad you enjoy it! (:

Also I forgot to address the fact that we can't have a hacking subforum for legal reasons. From what I've gathered from the podcast, MLG now owns SWF, and is obviously a for-profit company. If they had a whole board for discussing and modifying Nintendo's system without permission, especially with their new User Agreement, Nintendo could probably sue or bring up legal matters... which is not wanted. Haha. XD

Top Bottom