• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl @ Miami Sunset Senior

Kith

Smash Ace
Lmao sure I'll give you a ride. And @Seibrik, if it becomes a monthly, it's gonna be cash prizes, not gift cards lol

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol don't get slapped with a notice on running cash tournies in a public school being considered as gambling :) that **** got me to not run another FIU tourniey that spring semester until next year lol.. man... those payouts for yasumicon 2009 were too good :colorful:

Kith

Smash Ace
Good question. I haven't been able to get in contact with AkashaQD for a while :-\

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You know, I don't think I'll be able to go if the tournament starts at 3... :(

EDIT: Woah, I just realized that this school has the same zip code as me, but I don't remember this school anywhere near my house... @_@

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Is it possible for you to hold the tourney till 4 or something? This is literally 3 minutes away from my house, but I get out of school at 3:25 and have to drive for another 30 minutes to get home. >_<

And Kith, you go to this school? You should visit my house more often. :laugh:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
kith is a college dood lol...

anyway imma hit this place up

might bring 1-2 ppl.

scrubs better have money.

Kith

Smash Ace
lol yes I'm a college dood. Chaz is going to, so it's gonna be a fun little tourny/smashfest thingy :-P

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I guess I'll still go even if I'm late.

I wonder how many people will laugh at me playing Yoshi before I own them. <3

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think it's more like the choice of character than it is that character's placement on the tier list.

...I predict that 70% of them will be playing Snake or Captain Falcon. =P

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I'm not sure if I'm going. I can prolly go if this thing is still happening around 5 for friendlies and such.

AkashaQD

Smash Rookie
the scrubs arent the ones paying for the card :p well not directly anyways :)

so how many of u slackers gonna show up & play 2day?

AkashaQD

Smash Rookie
sunset is on sunset drive (duh!) 13125 SW 72nd street.

head west on sunset drive, it on the northeast corner of sunset & 132nd avenue.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Ahh my old stomping grounds...I remember when I was like the best in the school...*daydream*
I would go to this but I have classes at 2-3:20 and at 7-10(a class I haven't been to yet so I have to go) :-/

Yeah I call Snipa is going to make a lot of people not want to play anymore...

80% of people we haven't seen before are going to be Cpt Falcon or Ike.

People shouls bring tube tvs....the ones that don't lag. Projectors lag worse than flat screens.

Directions:

1: If you're coming from the Turnpike going South.
Take exit 23 at SW 40th Street(Bird Rd) then make a [highlight]right [/highlight]onto bird. About 1.5 mins later: Make a [highlight]left[/highlight] off Bird Rd onto 127th Ave. I believe it's the second light. There was a Checkers in the corner of the intersection. About 3 minutes later: Pass SW 56th Street(Miller Rd.) then go [highlight]right[/highlight] on SW 72 Street(Sunset) There's a neighborhood called Woodgate that you'll pass right before you turn (on the right) and a church on the left. About .5-1 minute later,: you should see Sunset Senior High school on the right before SW 132nd Avenue.

2: If you're coming from the Turnpike going North
Take exit 20(I think that's the exit number, but I know it's -> street) at SW 88th Street(Kendall) and stay to the left as the road curves around. Make a [highlight]left[/highlight] onto Kendall. You will go under the overpass and see stores such as Bahama Breeze, Barnes & Noble, and Best Buy in that order on the right. 4 mins later(due to there being about 3 street lights before the next turn) make a [highlight]right[/highlight] onto SW 127th Avenue. The road curves around and there's a soccer field on the right. About 2 minutes later: Make a [highlight]left[/highlight] onto SW 72 Street (Sunset). After you make a left there will be neighborhoods on the right called Woodgate and Greentree in that order. Immediately after Greentree is Sunset Senior High School on the right.

Major Streets from North to South
Coral Reef-SW 152nd
Howard St. -SW 136th
Killian- SW 112th
Kendall- SW 88th
Sunset-SW 72nd
Miller-SW 56th
Bird-SW 40th but curves to SW 42nd West of the Turnpike
Coral Way-SW 24th but curves to SW 26th west of the turnpike
Tamiami Trail- SW 8th Street
Flagler- 0 Street, In between NW and SW
NW 7th Street
NW 36th Street

3: If you're coming from West of the School.
Take any major Avenue(137th, 142nd, 147th, 152nd, 157th) to SW 72nd Street (Sunset). Go [highlight]East [/highlight]onto Sunset. At 2-3pm the sun should be somewhat behind you. The avenue numbers should be going down. You will see Sunset on the Left after you pass 132nd Avenue.

4: If you're coming from East of the School
Take any major Avenue(127th, 117th, 107th, 97th, 87th, etc.) to SW 72nd Street (Sunset). Go [highlight]West[/highlight] onto Sunset. At 2-3 pm the sun should be somewhat in front of you, but I don't think it'll be low enough to get into the driver's eyes. (Lucky you)The avenue numbers should be going up. You will see Sunset on the Right after you pass 127th Avenue, and 2 neighborhoods on the right called Woodgate and Greentree in that order.

4.5: You can also take Highway 836 to 117th ot 137th avenue if you're that far East and a bit North. If you choose to do so, go [highlight]South[/highlight] after you exit on either 117th or 137th, then follow the directions #4 if you got off at 117th or directions #3 if you got off at 137th from the school when you exit.

As for where in Sunset the tournament it is...I'm not the TO so I can't help you with that.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im going for sure.

just need to know where in the school jeeeeez...someone giv me ther number :\

AkashaQD

Smash Rookie
i got 3 setups ( w/ tube tvs). dont think we will need more than that...

dfear: dude! the directions were lovingly provided on page 5 of this post by a nice guy. you can use google to create a custom map based on ur location tho :p

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i know where the school is

but

is this in the auditorium or whatttt?

Top Bottom