• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to fix the teleport gitch for model swaps? it isn't the animations, because animation swaps work fine.

And why do swaped characters from stages and assist trophies not work? it's not the bones because removing those in normal characters still lets them work

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to fix the teleport gitch for model swaps? it isn't the animations, because animation swaps work fine.

And why do swaped characters from stages and assist trophies not work? it's not the bones because removing those in normal characters still lets them work
Luigi with Waluigi's animations has the teleport glitch to the point where he can't move forward at all.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Shouldn't that belong in BrawlBox's thread and not this one?
I thought that if by chance pharrox saw this, he'd know. after all, the two mix ups are in the model, and the main pac, because replacing one causes the glitch, but when i swapped lucas's model and pac into lucario, he had no warp glitch

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Luigi with Waluigi's animations has the teleport glitch to the point where he can't move forward at all.
that's probably because the TransN bone doesnt move at all in that animation. I havent checked it, but i bet thats it. you can fix it by adding a forward movement to the TransN bone

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
that's probably because the TransN bone doesnt move at all in that animation. I havent checked it, but i bet thats it. you can fix it by adding a forward movement to the TransN bone
Never thought about that. Then again, I have nothing to do with that project.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
1.Is it possible for someone to import Super Mario Galaxy Bowser Jr into the game?
2.Also will the model hacks be drastic alternate costumes,meaning like can i still have the original model character,and like set a model to example Mario's Wario costume?

Im just wondering thank you. =D

Sorry for double posting Moderator but nobody was coming to my topic.:(
I promise not to do it again.:(

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Go here. Also, any model works on red and yellow alloy.

diosensakiara said:
1.Is it possible for someone to import Super Mario Galaxy Bowser Jr into the game?
2.Also will the model hacks be drastic alternate costumes,meaning like can i still have the original model character,and like set a model to example Mario's Wario costume?

Im just wondering thank you. =D
1. If you can extract it to .DAE format.

2. Yes.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
.......26 days to christmas break(varies depending on school).......the next time pharrox will post........mabey it will be done.........the anticipation.....................................................

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
im trying to get trophys working. but even when i get it so it doesnt instantly crash, they stay in their trophy poses. this is probably the result of them only having 1-3 bones. do u know any way to add bones to a model?
the answer is no, right? im just double checking.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
im trying to get trophys working. but even when i get it so it doesnt instantly crash, they stay in their trophy poses. this is probably the result of them only having 1-3 bones. do u know any way to add bones to a model?
the answer is no, right? im just double checking.
.. Yes, the answer is no.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
So did Pharrox said anything about fixng those throphies he had problems with before? Like MetalGearRex and such?

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait until he's done. Finally, I can import models of my original characters. Oh wait. That's right. I don't even have the tools, and I would probably model hack like crap if I did.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Hey guys, I (sorta) read most of this thread, so I have a semblance of an idea as to what's going on. However, I gotta know, which is the proper version to use when it comes to extracting the file? or is there a place where I can download the already extracted ones?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Version 0.1.3

I don't know which page it's on, but it should be within the first half of the thread maybe...?

Someone had made a pack of all the extracted models (not sure what format they were in) some time back methinks. Should be somewhere in this thread, though it will probably be horrid to have to search manually through the 2000+ posts unless there happens to be a thread search function that I am unaware of.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I for one, think that this thread should be locked, and wait 'till Pharrox makes a universal thread for both the Injector and the Extractor. Mods do you agree?

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I for one, think that this thread should be locked, and wait 'till Pharrox makes a universal thread for both the Injector and the Extractor. Mods do you agree?
Here's an idea: Let Pharrox decide that. It's his thread, not yours.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but look at the thread. It is filled with BRAWLBOX questions, and Brawlbox discoveries. Take a look:

Thread name= Brawl Model Extractor
Most Discussed Topic= Brawlbox

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Yes, but look at the thread. It is filled with BRAWLBOX questions, and Brawlbox discoveries. Take a look:

I still disagree. However, I do think Pharrox should update his first post to include the latest version of the extractor(1.3).

D

Deleted member

I still disagree. However, I do think Pharrox should update his first post to include the latest version of the extractor(1.3).
I added it to the 3rd post. That should do until Pharrox updates the OP. What else should I add?

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice

Uh-huh, and you're still not Pharrox.

Besides, BrawlBox can extract Brawl models. Technically, it's on topic. Not to mention Pharrox's model injector will probably work quite well with BrawlBox.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace

Hmmm, considering there are only like 10 (not even, its more like 2 or 3) pages of brawlbox talk and there are 149 pages in this, it kinda seems unlikely.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I kinda have an announcement, and it's not something many of you are going to want to hear.

After spending the last week or so making arbitrary improvements and then deciding that I liked it better the way it was before, I've come to a conclusion that I've been denying for a good amount of time now: this is a complete waste of my time.

For a couple of days I had decided scrapping the project entirely, but after giving it some more thought and talking with Kryal briefly I decided I will release the program after fixing a couple bugs in the weight handling (whats causing crashes for the few of you who have it). After that however, I'm pretty much going to abandon this project except for doing bug fixes up to the point that Kryal has this functionality working in his programs.

There's really no reason for two people to be working on the same project, and since we both have just about the same information and Kryal is clearly a much more efficient programmer than I am, there's really no sense in me wasting any more time here when he will likely have it working soon and have everything else you need all in one convenient program (my assumption, not anything he has actually told me).

At this point I mostly plan on devoting my time to research on the things that still haven't been figured out (material properties for one). After that I have plans for another project that I've been wanting to work on for quite some time but have been unable to, due to this taking up the majority of my free time. I will only announce that when I am actually in the testing phase because as you all know by now I have a horrible habit of spending ages on the same problem, and at this point, I'm not even 100% sure that it's possible.

So yeah, like I said, you can probably keep your eyes open for something from this project in the not so distant future, but it will mostly just be the bare bones model import/export and I probably won't be updating it all that much.

Sorry to everyone, I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but I am not a programmer, and my skills would best be used somewhere else.

EDIT: Oh, and to the person who asked, yes I did fix the texture efficiency problems (metalgearrex).

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well its not entirely bad news, you still are a great hacker pharrox and you have come extremely far.

I thought you were gonna say something like you scrapped the program altogether or your quitting hacking, i was relieved at your message.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Indeed, I agree with Vile. I'd be more likely to congratulate you on your announcement -- releasing anything that does anything with models in Brawl is farther than I'd expect anyone to get. I am also glad to hear you will be trying your hand at some other area of research, rather than getting discouraged by this. Good work on everything you've done thus far!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Okay, so awesome. It's kinda sad that it's apparently not really ready yet, but the fact that something will finally come to be is awesome. At the very least, I can say thanks for the work Pharrox.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
XD
Why would we be mad at you in any way Pharrox? You started, well, majority of ALL of this. So to your post I say, thankx, for even after struggle, you continue to help us out. I applaud you. =]

Thankx for collabing w/ Kryal. I'm glad that this is still going to get done. Thankx!! =]

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Aw, well... actually this is kind of good news... right? I mean, your right, its pointless to waste your time on something you simply do not have the knowledge for. Thanks for all youve done Pharrox. Youve left the importer in good hands, giving it to Kryal. Godspeed, my friend (on your next project too, looking forward to it) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom