• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Music Swap - Version 2 is OUT (Updated June 8)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Question: If I use one of the unused songs, I know my wii may crash but is there a song there? If it doesn't crash will the song play?

the5souls

Smash Cadet
The songs that I swapped, does each song have an equal chance of activating? Or should I have changed all the "chance" sliders all the way up before I swapped the songs?

EDIT:
Nevermind. The first time I did this, and I went to the Music menu in Brawl, nothing appeared and Brawl froze. But when I went back on again and checked, everything was there, including the swapped music and the sliders.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Has anyone found out how to get music outside of brawl onto brawl with and SD card? I heard bonesaw did it but not sure if he did it with a SD card anyone wanna PM me and answer?

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone found out how to get music outside of brawl onto brawl with and SD card? I heard bonesaw did it but not sure if he did it with a SD card anyone wanna PM me and answer?
Someone would have to modify the File Replacement code to support music, aka never gonna happen unless PW returns.

So no, as of now it's not possible without replacing it in the ISO.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
So, i'm pretty sure I can't finish unlocking music, thanks to either this program or one of the txtcodes packaged with it. Really annoying.

Gea

Smash Master
Zac, why do you not organize the songs by series so it isn't a total ***** to find them if you aren't 100% on what the title is called?

Unless this was an update with your new version, but I did not see that in the change log.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac, why do you not organize the songs by series so it isn't a total ***** to find them if you aren't 100% on what the title is called?

Unless this was an update with your new version, but I did not see that in the change log.
I thought about doing this... but wasn't sure if anyone cared. I'll add this in the next update.

Xyless

Smash Master
Very awesome, Zac. Was looking for something like this for a long time, was almost tempted to make my own, since it's simple hex modifications. You made it very nice looking, though. I would've made it in Console or something crazy.

Anyway, I was wondering, could you include a tab/area that lets you set up the holding button codes? I honestly haven't even found those codes, let alone used them. I really want to for the sake of online Brawl, though.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Get the TXT file for the B+ you're using follow the directions above just instead of only putting in the music put all the B+ codes and the music one.
OR
Use the music code as it says too without B+, Load the game up the music will save that way then load up B+ as you normally do.

tekkie

Smash Master
I'm having a problem. As I sent UTD Zac:

I tried your music swap method and everything worked to an extent, but I had a problem: some of the songs disappeared from the menu. Battlefield now only has two songs (Star Wolf and Frozen Hillside). The others have effectively disappeared from the Music options and don't ever play on the stage. When I load the code list in the swap program, all five songs are present (in order: Bramble Blast, Star Wolf, Frozen Hillside, Calling To The Night, and Mute City (Melee)). I tried copying everything you mentioned in the ZIP file onto my SD card (older version of Gecko) and the problem still persists. Has this ever happened before?
I've checked the MyCodeList1.txt file and, assuming that 14000000 is Battlefield, 0000272E should replace song 1 with Bramble Blast. Instead it deletes the first song. This also happens with Calling To The Night (14000018 000027EC) and Mute City (Melee) (14000020 0000281B). Star Wolf and Frozen Hillside work. I've checked the last 4 values with those listed in the Updated Brawl thread and they match up.

Any help is appreciated.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I seem to be having an issue with this, and I don't see it mentioned in the first post. So I'll go ahead and ask..

You know how you mentioned that Menu music #4 (SSBB Main Theme) doesn't work/can't be edited?

Well, I did ignore that. I only changed the first 3 ones.

And ever since then, the FIRST music track (SUPPOSED to be Menu 1) is now stuck as "SSBB Main theme" no matter what I do. I tried the Original Song code, I tried changing it to something else, nothing.

Right now I feel like the only solution is to erase my Brawl saved data... but can nothing else be done?

Edit: Thanks to savegame extractor/installer, I managed to "backup" my online stuff (FC and friends) and placed them on a slightly older save, where I didn't bother changing music before.

But I'd still like to know if there's another solution, just to keep in mind.

kirbster40

Smash Rookie
This is a very simple and useful tool, thanks a lot! But as a response to the "not being able to play online with music swap" problem, one of my friend sent me a replay (it was on youtube) with him playing on WiFi with a friend, and on Smashville the song was "Molgera Battle". He said he used another program (or something like that) to make t work online, but I have no idea. Could it be because both of them have Molgera Battle on Smashville? Or is there really another way to get it to work? By the way is there really an explaination for why it freezes on WiFi? I played on Yoshi's Island with my friend online once (I had Bramble Blast as one of the songs) and it loaded fine; but the music that played was something that was already on there by default and I still had (think it was flowerfield).

Edit: By the way will you ever make a version 2.1 where we can edit WiFi Waiting Room's music? Even though it's a nice rendition of the piece, I've been in a LOT of WiFi matches and... It gets kind of repetetive :< like my head is going to asplode next time I hear it, so do you know if there is another way other than your music swap tool to swap it?

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
I successfully swapped my music, but for some reason I can only have 2 songs on Smashville, 4 songs on FD, and 3 songs on Yoshi's Island. How can I fix that?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I successfully swapped my music, but for some reason I can only have 2 songs on Smashville, 4 songs on FD, and 3 songs on Yoshi's Island. How can I fix that?
Get the 100% savefile from somewhere.. just google "Brawl 100% savefile" and you should find a few. If you don't care about your savefile that is....

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Is this the best way to swap music around? I'm not looking to put any Queen on Final Destination or Metallica on Smashville...but just move some of the Castle Siege music or Lylat Cruise music and shove it in FD and BF and stuff.

I'm not too up to date on the hacking stuff that goes on and the newer versions of it all.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Is this the best way to swap music around? I'm not looking to put any Queen on Final Destination or Metallica on Smashville...but just move some of the Castle Siege music or Lylat Cruise music and shove it in FD and BF and stuff.

I'm not too up to date on the hacking stuff that goes on and the newer versions of it all.
If you aren't trying to get songs that aren't in the game, yes this is amazing. It works really well.

Mit

Smash Ace
Hmm, I tried this the other night. I compiled the code file with Ocarina, but when I loaded the game up with Gecko nothing changed at all. Does this still work with the newest version of Gecko?

Perhaps I needed that save file? If that's the case I'll pass as I'd rather not lose the extensive play history on my save file. Might have to look into getting brstms of the soundtrack and file replacing them if that's the case.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm having a problem. As I sent UTD Zac:

I've checked the MyCodeList1.txt file and, assuming that 14000000 is Battlefield, 0000272E should replace song 1 with Bramble Blast. Instead it deletes the first song. This also happens with Calling To The Night (14000018 000027EC) and Mute City (Melee) (14000020 0000281B). Star Wolf and Frozen Hillside work. I've checked the last 4 values with those listed in the Updated Brawl thread and they match up.

Any help is appreciated.
This is happening to me as well. I've everything I can think of (including deleting my Brawl save file and reseting and reloading everything), but nothing works. Help. :(

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, I talked to Phantom Wings yesterday and he presented me with this code, which did bring back all of My Music, and I got a random trophy with it lol:

HTML:
4A000000 9017B88C
16000000 0000001C
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000FFF 00000000
Maybe anyone else with the problem can try it out and see if that works for them. I'm still working with him to get back other things that are missing, like Boss Battles, which will be easy to get back, and the Random Stage Select, along with Other Options (timed stock and whatnot)

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
How to Use v2
2) Place the Cheat Manager and GeckoOS apps on your SD card. You will use the Cheat Manager app through Homebrew to create your GCT files automatically. No more PC GCT file creation necessary.

Enjoy! Please leave feedback here and report any issues to me through PMs.
Unfortunately I have no clue where to find a code manager for Homebrew, where might i find one? Have been looking for a while to no avail.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Anyways, I talked to Phantom Wings yesterday and he presented me with this code, which did bring back all of My Music, and I got a random trophy with it lol:

HTML:
4A000000 9017B88C
16000000 0000001C
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000FFF 00000000
Maybe anyone else with the problem can try it out and see if that works for them. I'm still working with him to get back other things that are missing, like Boss Battles, which will be easy to get back, and the Random Stage Select, along with Other Options (timed stock and whatnot)
Wolfang, this code worked beautifully. Thanks you so much. :)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Cheat Manager 0.3
hey man, so I downloaded the cheat manager using the first download link in your opening post. I put my music swaps in the txtfolder, and then tried opening cheatmanager through homebrew channel. However, it gave me this error message:
opendir () failure; terminating

The version is 0.3, and it was made by someone named SpriteZ, any ideas why its doing that?
thnx

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm guessing you got it to work? What Cheat Manager do you have?
I honestly don't understand what I might have done wrong, I followed Zac's instructions to the letter.
Get version 1.0, that allows the 8000+ lines of code gameconfig.txt to work

Top Bottom