• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Veril

Frame Savant
You know I'm not "theorycrafting." I used the most recent closed-beta .pac for Ness to test this frame perfect (which has the same pk-flash as GSH2). The pkflash in your video is insane... but abnormal for whatever reason. It certainly won't be in the official release.

D

Deleted member

Do you actually think I would edit a Ness pac and waste my time recording the video? What would that achieve? Seriously, you're a moron.

Veril

Frame Savant
I didn't say that. However, a 43 frame startup move isn't exactly what I'd call spammable. It also has substantial ending lag... in the .pac I JUST TESTED!

OMFG w/e I'll go look into it again.

D

Deleted member

Did you test it in game or on some stupid program that only bad players use?

D

Deleted member

I should make this clear that this isn't actually broken...it's just very useful.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Well I just redownloaded and PK Flash doesn't have the short endlag anymore. I suggest you do that as well.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
What is with people getting these wierd results with the auto updater lately? I'm pretty sure it doesn't edit pac files or anything.

D

Deleted member

Well, with no changelog, how do we know for sure which is the real PK Flash? As such, I'm not redownloading.

Veril

Frame Savant
I have the right .pac

and just cause a changelog isn't publically available doesn't mean we aren't keeping track...

I tested this in game.

I keep saying redownload the .pac, as something is obviously wrong.
This. I also tested the closed beta post GSH2 .pac, which has had seen no changes to pkflash... I'm pretty good at this research thing...

D

Deleted member

I don't exactly doubt that, but I didn't do anything other than use the Updater. And I didn't know that you're involved behind the scenes.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Well, with no changelog, how do we know for sure which is the real PK Flash? As such, I'm not redownloading.
... I don't get your logic. Everyone else has a different pac, so yours must be the right one? What sense does that make?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
... I don't get your logic. Everyone else has a different pac, so yours must be the right one? What sense does that make?
It's a cautious logic, if nothing else. He's not saying that his IS the right one, just that his MIGHT be the right one.

Though I get the feeling that Delorted's pac is the wrong one.

Edit: Well this is interesting.

In the Ness .pac, there is a line in both the Neutral B startup and cooldown actions that controls the animation speed. the startup being at 1.25x, the cooldown being at 2x.

Delorted, can you upload your ness pac file?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What a weird conundrum. Maybe something is clashing with Ness in general?

Just tested it out, PK flash seemed normal to me.

Veril

Frame Savant
So, about that Ness... what do you feel his best stage is? Final D? That's what I ban against Ness players since I don't use any character that does comparably well there. Am I missing something?

Assume the CP list will be conservative when answering. I don't care how well Ness does on stages that might not be legal.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
BF and FD are good for Ness. If you do want to CP a stage against ness, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, and Frigate Orpheon to an extent are bad stages for ness due to him having trouble recovering on both and the slants screwing with PK fire.

As for great CPs in Ness's favor, Warioware is a good one, Wifi Waiting room is somewhat good for the sandbag, but the enormous boundaries make it hard for Ness to kill. Delfino Plaza is okay considering that half the time, Ness can just fall in the water and not worry about actually recovering.

D

Deleted member

I find warioware to be one of the worst stages to play on. good thing I don't consider it neutral. (nor does toronto, really.)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I prefer Delfino Plaza, since you can shark rising aerials there and such. As already said, Ness' bad recovery isn't a huge problem since he can fall in the water in pretty much all of the transitions.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I don't find rainbow cruise appetizing when I play ness, really. The boundaries are super close and you constantly end up using your precious jumps and it really screws with my playstyle :/

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Using your second jump on rainbow cruise isn't that big of a deal unless you're trying to reach a platform your opponent is already standing on.

If I haven't already said it, rising fair to dair still works very well. Though I'd still like to hear some DJC combos.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
How about Rainbow cruise?

Also, Ness's zapjump almost makes me want to play Ness... maybe if he were blond.
Eww Lucas, get out of here.

JK :laugh:

I've come to dislike Rainbow Cruise. Not sure why, just have bad memories of it. And this is coming from a G&W user.

Brinstar seems to be an okay stage for Ness, since he can shark aerials there too. You just have to be careful of the lava.

Veril

Frame Savant
If I haven't already said it, rising fair to dair still works very well. Though I'd still like to hear some DJC combos.
Well, I just analyzed Marth's Fair. Perhaps I will grace you Ness players with something similar. F*** Ness's fair though, you get no help with that from me... "remembers RC1 Ness" :mad:

How about (DJC) up-air?

Eww Lucas, get out of here.
O.o

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
IIRC, Ness can DJCFF nair, up tilt, DJCFF uair, PKT1. At a few early percents you can DJCFF uair, DJCFF uair, Sh nair (weak)-DJC uair, PKT

Any buffs I'd want deal with PK Flash and involve jump IASA

Top Bottom