• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
CloneHat, I think you're confusing the significantly lower KB of the knee at low percents from its BKB change for actual kill power. The change to its KO power is pretty slight. It still KOs very well, and no it's not very hard to land when he has quite a few ways to combo into it (some of those being new). Getting the sweetspot on it is not difficult either. Also, there's no way up-b is killing at 100-120 from the middle of the stage unless it was Ivysaur or just plain bad DI, which should never happen given how easy it is to DI on reaction.

Yes, sweetspot knee is the 1st hit frame only, and the hitbox has the highest priority and will be what goes through if the flub hitbox also connects.
Thank you for clearing that up, Magus. I still think up B is a little strong though, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. It should be a little riskier.

And wait wait wait: the knee sweetspot lasts one frame? As I recall, it lasted 4 frames up from vBrawl's 1.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
the only time I ever kill people with falcons up b is if I knee them with flub knee to uair (isai combo) to up b. I've never seen it kill from the middle of the stage, especially at 100. this isn't SSB guys lol

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Whatever, falco400, I'm playing w/ NADT and fastfall during tumble. It's just too awesome for me. XD

anyways, yeah, the sweetspot knee is easy to land.... down throw > knee, dash attack > knee, etc.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Isn't landing the UpB on Falcon going to be a lot harder when hitstun is reduced?

As cubaisdeath said, this isn't Smash64.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Knee combos still exist, even with DI, son.

also, melo...yeah...in the set from 8-13 they took out the fair speedup.

and it didn't come back.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
so i see Hackfest 3.0 was won by a kirby... lol.
The Kirby in question happened to be Chu. I bet he could've won with Mario if he really wanted to.

But there are much more pressing concerns to address now. You know, characters that take off almost 9 stocks, including all of JCaes' and most of (I think. correct me if I'm wrong) Slikvik's stocks, in a crew battle used by someone who rarely played as said character prior to the tournament and who was almost unanimously considered by everyone there to be broke as ****.

If it were won by a Snake, would you demand more nerfs to him?

Also, any vids?
There will be many videos to come.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
But there are much more pressing concerns to address now. You know, characters that take off almost 9 stocks, including all of JCaes' and most of (I think. correct me if I'm wrong) Slikvik's stocks, in a crew battle used by someone who rarely played as said character prior to the tournament and who was almost unanimously considered by everyone there to be broke as ****.
Woah. Which character was this?

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
No it's not Yoshi.

Didn't your mother ever tell you to trust your gut instincts.

Here I'll fetch you some clues as to who the character is. Really obvious ones.

4: CK (Ness/Marth) - NESS!!!! I was hoping for marth, ness is broken in b+
Sage you have no excuses for getting last at tourneys from now on. Ness is completely ridiculous now.
Non-subtle enough?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
His dair is stupid but there's no way he's that good...

Is he?

I really couldn't see him being considered the most broken character in the game when there's Olimar, Squirtle, and Metaknight, but crazier things have happened.

I mean, if you think about it, Yoshi sucked in Melee and Brawl and there were people who managed to make him look ridiculous. So now that they have a good Yoshi, it could be pretty scary. But if it's somebody who rarely plays as said character, I doubt it is Yoshi.

Edit: Ninja'd. Metaknight, Squirtle, Olimar. Am I right? XD

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I think it's safe to say that Brawl+ is achieving its goals of creating a better more balanced game than any smash previous to it when you take a look at character viability. It's an exciting prospect that Kirby, Falcon, Ness, essentially any character have a chance at coming out on top in a tournament, depending of course on the skill of the player at hand.

There's little doubt in my mind that Brawl+ is already far more balanced than the likes of vBrawl, Melee, and 64 before it. This pretty much HAS to be fact on the basis that this is the first iteration of smash tailored specifically by the competitive community.

On an end note, I'd like to thank the WBR and anyone else who may have been involved in the current build! It's definately the most refined to date, it's more than evident that a ton of time and thought went into each and every aspect of this release. Thanks ofcourse for the swift bug fixes.

I've only begun to scratch the surface of this build. I'll be playing for quite a bit tonight, and look forward to testing more characters.

Thanks for your dedication WBR!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness has been really good ever since he received the fair buff and has been good even when his fair was returned to normal size. Ken combo'ing the majority of the cast is pretty good/broken.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
A Ness didn't win. a Kirby/Ice Climbers player did.

unless you mean the doubles, which Idk then
The Kirby/Ice Climber player has played Kirby and Ice Climbers for ~7+ years of his Smash career, has played those 2 characters since he first played B+, and is widely considered to be one of the top forces in the nation.

While the Ness player is really good, he has never played Ness before in a tournament setting, and has only played Ness 2-3 times prior to that against a select few people in friendlies against secondary characters, myself being one of them.

And he only came 3 places behind from the Kirby/ICs player.

And took 9 stocks from three players in crews with money on the line (he finished off the last stock of the player he came in against), one being another tough competitor within the B+ scene, and the other being a WBR member who is also very good and very dedicated to the game and the character he used.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ness took off 9 stocks? ****. Lol simna's ness all over again. Someone should of counted how many fairs were used lol. Were there any peach players?

But yea kirby won because it was chudat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom