• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I want a vid of this whole ness thing.
I second this.

If it is found that Ness is rediculous in the current build is he going to be tweaked in a patch release? Or, are we going to ignore him being "broken" and wait and see what happens with the metagame.

Edit: I just proofed this message it's amazing how insane the typos are when posting from a Touch!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ck probably just played Ness like melee Marth. Space fair and Ken combo, except they can't di out of the ken combo.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's not really a combo most of the time, but it can work and does count as a consecutive hit in training mode on some characters. (IE fair -> fair -> fair -> dair all count as consecutive hits). From my testing fair doesn't combo Falco or Zelda well at all. Fair combos Falcon and Fox after like 30-40 percent. Fair to dair doesn't work on peach, but fair combos her nicely so you can just get her to 150 and kill her with nair.

I've been asking for fair to not combo into itself. I dunno if the changes made to fair in the latest build fixed that.

D

Deleted member

fair to dair works even if dair doesn't spike. it has a wonky hit box that hits them sideways..so it's a legit ko.

@clonehat, don't be stupid. if you di it (like its actually diable, it's not like how kirby mains were telling people to di the initial **** grab combos and kirby wouldn't feel so lame) if you di fair, you can escape it no probz. but who cares, it's still kinda tricky to pull off fair combos. it's not like squirtle at all. i wouldn't say ness is easy mode.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I still think fair should combo into itself... just not indefinitely or into dair XD
Only a Ness main....

Jk, I rarely fight Ness, as such, I'm not too familiar with him. I have nothing to say with regards to Ness. If those who are more knowledgable of him deem a change neccesary I'm fine with that.

D

Deleted member

So what? he didn't win the tournament. Ness has always been a great character. I've been saying it for months, but my noob ness community that I'm unfortunately branded with has decided that he needs buffs out the wazoo. Whatever, I don't care.

(perhaps they didn't have ness experience? maybe the guy's a natural? maybe he got lucky - suicides? also important to remember - Brawl+ is a very easy game to play)

edit: here's a ex of fair-dair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLTjf19MSk8&feature=player_profilepage

The Cape

Smash Master
Actually CK's Ness found itself suiciding a good deal because of DJC and was still holding close matches.

DJC did nothing but hurt Ness's game and really didnt bring anything new to his game in my opinion.

The Cape

Smash Master
Thunderhorse fixed my bad spelling and grammatical errors in that sentence.

I played CK's Marth (one of my personal worst matchups) and his Ness. His Ness gave me far more trouble and I encouraged him to play the character. He tried Marth and was getting smacked around in the later matches and switched to Ness, where he never switched and actually told me later that I was right.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Actually CK's Ness found itself suiciding a good deal because of DJC and was still holding close matches.

DJC did nothing but hurt Ness's game and really didnt bring anything new to his game in my opinion.
It wouldn't be so bad if people would hold the jump button while they're attacking. Frankly though, it doesn't work that way because you don't usually hold X or Y when you double jump. So it's a matter of getting used of holding the jump button when you don't want to DJC or not holding it when you do want to DJC. Basically, if CK was more familiar with the AT, he wouldn't have these suicides, but he doesn't play Ness much apparently.

Whether or not DJC added to Ness's game I'm not too sure of.

The Cape

Smash Master
As for the DJC thing, I actually find it harder to do the DJC with Ness as for some odd reason I found myself holding jump during the aerials anyway (guess because of zap jump and such).

I really dont know if DJC is a good thing or not but I know that Ness does not need it at all and its a change that was kind of thrown in there because it was so begged for. When I see the move showing something that cant be done without Ness shffl then maybe I will reconsider it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ness actually got some nerfs in this set. DJC and new priority on yoyos don't make him broken, so that would have to mean he was broken in the previous set...which no one complained about.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Alright, I've been gone a long time, but of course, I still keep up with the builds, and this one's no exception. Top job, everyone. I was especially surprised by Bowser's gravity changes. He no longer feels like Godzilla on the moon, which is awesome.

By the way, character specific hitstun. What happened to that idea? I thought it was being incorporated? Or are Almas and PK too busy at the moment to make it happen?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Okay, I officially love Peach's nair.

You can hit Mk out of his shuttle loop with it. >.>

and the illusions, which pretty much is a **** to their recovery.

auto jabs will be in the next set. Ledge stuff too, hopefully.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ness actually got some nerfs in this set. DJC and new priority on yoyos don't make him broken, so that would have to mean he was broken in the previous set...which no one complained about.
Well unfortunately for us, *good* Ness+ mains are very rare, so it takes another good player randomly using Ness to show us how good he actually is.

The Cape

Smash Master
I actually played Tatsuman about three weeks ago and he showed me a good deal of the stupidity in this character which I brought to the attention of Shanus. Shanus made minor (if at all) changes to these moves that were the issue and are basically still in. From this point we had myself and CK playing Ness and showing people the sheer ridiculousness of the character for them to finally vocalize it.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well, one thing is for sure: I was a bit worried that Brawl+ was truly nearing its official release, and as good as this set is, I still feel Brawl+ can be even better. I think characters should be faster still, hitstun should be lowered (and changed on a character-by-character basis), the ledge game improved, and other crucial codes implemented.

It's good to know we're technically still on the alpha stage, which means many changes are still to come. I was concerned the project was traveling on an overly conservative trajectory, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Keep up the good work, guys!

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Finally! People realize that Ness is good! This same exact thing happened in Cleveland where Cape showed everyone how **** Ness was but i guess now that a large tournament has went down people are finally realizing his potential. Perhaps Ness mains will stop *****ing about buffs now (doubt it).

So what? he didn't win the tournament. Ness has always been a great character. I've been saying it for months, but my noob ness community that I'm unfortunately branded with has decided that he needs buffs out the wazoo. Whatever, I don't care.

(perhaps they didn't have ness experience? maybe the guy's a natural? maybe he got lucky - suicides? also important to remember - Brawl+ is a very easy game to play)

edit: here's a ex of fair-dair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLTjf19MSk8&feature=player_profilepage
Delorted, you can be the most biased person i have ever seen.

You try to make a point about kirby being too good by mentioning that he got first place without mentioning a key fact, like oohh i dont know, he was played by one of the best players in brawl+ who has been playing as the character since brawl+ and even in vbrawl.

Then people present the fact of how good Ness is, placing very well and being played by a guy who has NEVER used him in a tournament environment and he wrecked some crew matches and did better then with his usual main. What did you say to this? Ohh... it was basically just a fluke, the guy got lucky.

Biased much?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I personally see Ness' domination as a fad but I don't play any good Ness players irl. If he's deemed broken after all this, then he can easily stand to lose some nerfs. Though we should let the game mature a bit so people get used to things first.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
JCaesar, your location makes me love you :)

Also, didnt you make a bet that you would be the highest placing Rob? Hm...... Looks like you were wrong :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
JCaesar, your location makes me love you :)

Also, didnt you make a bet that you would be the highest placing Rob? Hm...... Looks like you were wrong :p
I was the highest placing ROB main at Hackfest. In fact I've been the highest placing ROB main at every B+ tourney I've entered so far, including Apex (tied with Holy) and BtL (outplacing Chibo). My bet was that I was going to be the highest placing ROB main at BtL2 though (unless Holy comes, he's definitely better than me now :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom