• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
is it possible to make it so that zss doesn't get samus suit pieces? i think the suit pieces should only be available if you transform manually.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to make it so that zss doesn't get samus suit pieces? i think the suit pieces should only be available if you transform manually.
Until someone comes out with a code that makes transformation less of a pain, taking away the pieces now does not make sense considering its not game breaking and can be used by both parties.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
People have went over this so many times....it's not that big of a deal and stop asking these nub questions. You should know better than that *_*

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Shiek and Falco are most definitely not under-rated. They feature in pretty much everybody's top 10. But are you saying that those characters are the ones that need nerfing, as opposed to Squirtle? Because that seems to be a bit odd. Diddy and Falco do not have Squirtle's combotron abilities, have far worse recoveries, and can have some trouble killing; they are only really good because of amazing stage control options. Shiek and Pikachu can pretty much combo as well as Squirtle, but don't have the same damage output that he typically does.
Diddy and Falco's recoveries being worst then Squirtle's is debatable. They all can get gimped pretty easy but Diddy and Falco can recover from farther and have some harsh punishments off-stage with their spikes. I don't think they have trouble killing at all, Diddy has some pretty good setups and his Fair is just as good as Squirtle's. Falco has a great Spike and a fast Usmash. If anything is lagging them behind its that they're fast-fallers.

Shiek and Pikachu also have more range, better recovery, even projectiles and their damage output is really not far behind Squirtle.

I don't think any of them should be nerfed honestly.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking,Fox and Falco need a buff.
Both need the VA from Melee.
.jk

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Can almas or someone replace the waiting room music with music from new pork city. That would be awesome.
I posted something similar to this yesterday in the request thread.....Is this possible? My idea was all around good songs from banned stages though, not just NPC.

And hopefully this guy reads capes post about them not being able to change foxes shine without it being broken.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Actually it's probably possible with music hacking lulz.
Better idea.You can replace all USA Brawl sounds for Japanese Brawl sound?
I love Snake and Spacies(I HATE PIT)
When snake die,its so fun. o/

abcool

Smash Ace
I read the post. It's cool either way. I was just wondering is all. I guess techchasing it is. Once the music can be changed then i am good. Does anyone have links to the BTL tourney though i wanna see how it went?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Just want to let you guys know I think I had a brain fart last night when I was complaining about Ness's movement. I think he's fine now. A sh from him goes almost 1/2 the length of FD (but he moves slowly in the air so it counterbalances that). The only thing I would like changed is the d-smash changes removed, since they are simply a waste of space right now and a somewhat faster dair (while it's a great meteor, it does like 12 damage lol, it should be just a little faster than his melee dair). That's it IMO. I don't even think that's necessary though. I think he feels fine now and I'm really satisfied on how he turned out. He's basically Melee ness w/o djcs and easier combos but no uair combos.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or had this problem: I was playing last night and it seemed that if Olimar grabbed at the edge of his reach the opponent would autobreak out. (or at least break out really quick without input)
I don't suppose that's been an existing glitch, so either it's just me or a bug with olimar's grab change?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
And to take care of your pikmin, you'd have to put up a defense.

Anyone within their right mind who doesnt have a projectile knows not to be overly aggressive with a grab happy olimar. <_<
Except if Olimar's base ability is terrible enough, his defense won't even be hard to pierce early on and he'll be a very open target for harassment.

If the grab is a problem, make the base range lower but have it increased by maturity stage too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Eh. imo, it just doesnt seem like a very good idea, nor does olimar need such a gimmick, and its probably not possible to code, and even if it was, half our coders are busy and the other half is out of commission.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i was using Wolf today and his standing animation kept freezing. i was playing with the Roy codeset too. could the Roy codeset hav had something to do with it??
Define freezing. I play Wolf a lot and was using him against the Rarth CPU for lulz. Nothing strange has happened. I often let his little stretches in standing position be my after stock taunts too...

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Define freezing. I play Wolf a lot and was using him against the Rarth CPU for lulz. Nothing strange has happened. I often let his little stretches in standing position be my after stock taunts too...
i'm running with Wolf, then i stop running. he's standing still but it still looks like his running animation; the only thing is that he's not moving at all. he's not doing his little stretches or anything.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i'm running with Wolf, then i stop running. he's standing still but it still looks like his running animation; the only thing is that he's not moving at all. he's not doing his little stretches or anything.
Odd, I've tried:

Dash -> hard stop
Initial dash/foxtrot
dash to dash cancel
dash to shield cancel
dash to turnaround

And roughly every known dash to standing position option there is.

Are you using any textures?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Odd, I've tried:

Dash -> hard stop
Initial dash/foxtrot
dash to dash cancel
dash to shield cancel
dash to turnaround

And roughly every known dash to standing position option there is.

Are you using any textures?
yeah i am. i actually added the Roy one for Marth today. do u think that could be causing it?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Is it too much to just call him Roy+? I mean...he is starting to feel a lot more like a buffed melee Roy. Sure he's got a new gimick, but still...Roy+

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or had this problem: I was playing last night and it seemed that if Olimar grabbed at the edge of his reach the opponent would autobreak out. (or at least break out really quick without input)
I don't suppose that's been an existing glitch, so either it's just me or a bug with olimar's grab change?
Actually, I noticed this as well.
I thought I had to be crazy, but if somebody else is seeing it then there might be a legit problem with the change in his grab.

I'm getting ridiculously frequent freezes at the victory screen right before I should return to the CSS.

Using newest nightly build and the camera code. No directions held, and it seems to come at absolute random. Unlike the "black rumble".

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Kupo, I have a problem with your set. Sure, Link's Zair (and Samus' and Toon Link) have lag, but they lose the main element that made them good. Sure, it is annoying with them spamming Zair all the time, but It makes the game slower when you play as them. Also, I know that you do not like airdodging, but putting lag after it is just wrong, and makes a slower game.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I played an 8hr session saturday using the 5-22 set and here are a few opinions.

Zelda's usmash combos into itself for quite a while (up to 80% on CF) and can be ended with a uair. Zelda also has a dthrow>fair/bair combo at ~100% on several characters. With good SDI the lighter and/or smaller characters can escape, but heavier/larger characters are condemned.

So basically you have a 0-90% combo and an incredibly easy to pull off finish after?

Also, Olimar's usmash has pretty much the same effect, and dthrow>fair is a true combo at all % as far as i can tell. So...grab>dthrow>usmash x 4>uair grab>dthrow>fair olimar just 0-deathed you...using 4 moves. Lame.

I loved jigg's rest. I was wondering why her dair doesn't semi spike though? It made me sad to get offstage dair by fox then footstooled and i died. When i tried to do the same thing i obviously didnt get any spike >_>

Snake is by far the heaviest char, and it makes him one of the top4 imo (Marth, Kirby, Squirtle, Snake.) I was living to 150-200% consistently, i survived a knee at 120% (granted on deadlands) and it was really just obscene.

Bowser is pretty obviously the worst character in the game at this point. There isnt really any obvious fix for him, but he definitely needs help.

HeroPenguin

Smash Cadet
Actually, I noticed this as well.
I thought I had to be crazy, but if somebody else is seeing it then there might be a legit problem with the change in his grab.
I noticed this as well. I was playing a round with Olimar to test the new grab tweak, and I noticed that I could not reliably throw Sonic, even up to 116%+. It required frame perfect timing to get a throw off before he broke out at that percentage. At low percentages I don't think it's even possible.

I also noticed that sometimes instead of a throw, I would get a jab out of shield. That made me blink, but I'm not an Olimar main, so I don't know if that's an existing bug or not.

Marth's DB Down4 is ridiculous. Unless your opponent is in a corner, the move is completely useless. Less KB, or a different angle, perhaps. I think the rest of his changes are fine, though.

I weep for Lucario's lost Extreme Speed aerial pursuit. It's just a tad too slow to catch opponents until really high percentages, from what I've found so far. Acceptable change, but it makes me sad.

I approve of the changes for Squirtle, Fox, Ivy, and Ness. More tests.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hmmm, I was hoping the animation for after the grab would not be slower but I guess it is the problem. I didn't get to test things out much, I just graduated from University though. Will post more when I'm all moved out :-(

HeroPenguin

Smash Cadet
Shanus, I don't think that the animation time for Olimar's grab is actually all that slow. When I *DID* get the timing perfect for a bthrow, it seemed to come out just as quick as it ever did after grab. For some reason, it just seems like they're breaking out of the grab MUCH faster than they should at the given percentages. The code does seem to be messing with it, but it may not be interacting the way that would seem logical. More tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom