• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zean

Smash Rookie
seriously, peach needs more love, a better killer move or a speed up in her jump :/

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I'd say Peach is fine.

In fact, I say Jigglypuff needs more love. Despite Veril's claims that she's balanced, I refuse to acknowledge Rest as being a proper Jigglypuff move until they put Peach's heart effects onto it. No heart effects = no love for Jigglypuff.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
my god you are so useless, stop posting if you're not gonna give actual feedback
Well,you came here asking for a better gravity for her,sped up on her missles too.
So,you think her Super Missle with that power,need a sped boost too?

D

Deleted member

I don't think her missiles should fly faster. It should come out faster.. it would help with her awful platform game.

Without wavedashing in melee, samus would have been bad. brawl samus is playable for sure, but she's way too slow at the moment. tbh when i play her i don't feel like i'm playing brawl+.

edit:

having been one of the better peach mains in both games, peach is feeling very solid at the moment, but i think her second jump should definitely be extended, and perhaps speeding up her up-b.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Now she has on of the best,if not the best project game in Brawl+,why buff this even more?
And i agree she is a bit slo,maybe a bit more gravity,but her Missles?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
my god you are so useless, stop posting if you're not gonna give actual feedback

Well, aren't you rude. I said she is floaty by nature, so by making her fall faster, that would hinder the sense of that attribute. The power missile suggestion is something legit, though if you make her fall faster, than that would nullify her missile animation speed up.

Speeding up the animation too much would give it the Ivy effect where Ivy's razer leafs where just too spammable. And if her missles are like that, than that would promote camping.

I have nothing to say about dsmash though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wait... aren't Samus' missles supposed to be spammable? D=

Honestly, i have no clue about Samus, but she's supposed to be able to missle spam. That's a lot of her game.

D

Deleted member

im not being rude calling you out, your posts are short and obnoxious. :/

anyway thanks for fleshing your criticism out.

samus is floaty but that's not necessarily a good thing. is it possible to speed up the aerial animation and not the ground one?

speed it up enough to make it possible to platform drop missile and still fall faster.

dsmash is samus's gtfo move, and as is it's kinda lacking.

tldr; let's not speed the missiles up TOO much, but let's definitely make platform missiles possible. that might just fix my problems with her speed.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
samus needs more stun in her dsmash, a missle kb nerf, and speed up the rate at which they are fired but not the speed of the missles

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to set up a code that will have Pikmin maturity stages actually affect Olimar's performance? Because I would want to see that. (If it is, be sure to tack on a few codes that reduce Oli's base performance so that he doesn't get horrendously overpowered.)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Is it possible to set up a code that will have Pikmin maturity stages actually affect Olimar's performance? Because I would want to see that. (If it is, be sure to tack on a few codes that reduce Oli's base performance so that he doesn't get horrendously overpowered.)
So olimar's pikmin get stronger with time?

Wouldnt that encourage camping until that time arrives? LOL.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
we just took out pt stamina...do we really need to put in reverse stamina for olimar?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman

He has to avoid being hammered first. In the meantime, he would have to worry about surviving harassment. Ideally, 6 Flower Pikmin should be uncommon enough that a player with that should have an advantage.

The whole idea would be to reward players who take care of their Pikmin instead of abusing the Pikmin Throw.

D

Deleted member

I don't play olimar, but don't they already mature naturally? I think he means the more you attack the older they get.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
we just took out pt stamina...do we really need to put in reverse stamina for olimar?
I'm not looking for anything particular so it would counterbalance the Pikmin maturity boosts, as long as it will do so nicely enough. I would want a more rewarding Olimar to be able to play as.

If it wouldn't be impossible to make the coding without messing up the game, I'll be glad. The coders can use pointers and increment, right?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He has to avoid being hammered first. In the meantime, he would have to worry about surviving harassment. Ideally, 6 Flower Pikmin should be uncommon enough that a player with that should have an advantage.

The whole idea would be to reward players who take care of their Pikmin instead of abusing the Pikmin Throw.
And to take care of your pikmin, you'd have to put up a defense.

Anyone within their right mind who doesnt have a projectile knows not to be overly aggressive with a grab happy olimar. <_<

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The only thing I would say samus needs is maybe a little more knockback on her f-tilt to start with so it can be used as a gtfo. You can make the growth slower or something, but samus doesn't really have a reliable gtfo move, as Delorted said, so you should either make the kb stronger at first and then even out, or make D-smash a little faster ending lag (or make the entire attack like 1.25x faster or something). Other than that, samus is really really consistent and reliable. Best projectile game, decent combo game, good recovery, good edgeguarding, she is basically set.

abcool

Smash Ace
I wanna give feedback on fox. He is a solid character. I was wondering in vbrawl his shine used to push his opponents back, but in brawl+ it knock them to the ground...wtf!! It's already useless if not used by the ledge...can you reduce the knockback to suit brawl+ and have his shine act like how it suppose to...like how it is in vbrawl...Only a few characters suppose to fall to the ground. It seem the entire cast now falls to the ground. I rather have them push back to allow some sort of follow up like how it was in vbrawl...(god i hate that game)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Samus is one of the few characters I don't think needs any buffs at all... she's so solid as is. I mean, 15 percent from a missile... that's a lot of damage for one projectile. And that zair is -insane- at pinning people down / keeping away, combos, anything. Maybe not having a "gtfo" move could be her weakness, since she doesn't seem to have many others.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I wanna give feedback on fox. He is a solid character. I was wondering in vbrawl his shine used to push his opponents back, but in brawl+ it knock them to the ground...wtf!! It's already useless if not used by the ledge...can you reduce the knockback to suit brawl+ and have his shine act like how it suppose to...like how it is in vbrawl...Only a few characters suppose to fall to the ground. It seem the entire cast now falls to the ground. I rather have them push back to allow some sort of follow up like how it was in vbrawl...(god i hate that game)
fox does not need anymore buffsssssss
it like giving god a nuclear missile for an arm

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Samus
-She's fine as it is. Why would you want a faster, stronger spammy character?
-Zair, homing missiles, super missiles, charge shots. Come on! She's a wall of explosive diarrhea.

The new set is near perfect, Marth's DB 4th Down attack is pretty weird. Why does it have so much knockback? Its pretty unsafe now.

abcool

Smash Ace
fox does not need anymore buffsssssss
it like giving god a nuclear missile for an arm
How is something that got screwed up by the brawl+ physics a buff...dude no just no. I was wondering if that error was ever gonna be fixed or anyone else ever noticed it.

I have been playing melee mostly and other things and now i realised all this time passed by and no one fixed it yet. It's not a buff, because if i turn my codes off he can do it and when i put the codes on he can't wtf!!

Just state wether or not the move was changed because you guys wanted to or it was the new gravity or something.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
How is something that got screwed up by the brawl+ physics a buff...dude no just no. I was wondering if that error was ever gonna be fixed or anyone else ever noticed it.

I have been playing melee mostly and other things and now i realised all this time passed by and no one fixed it yet. It's not a buff, because if i turn my codes off he can do it and when i put the codes on he can't wtf!!

Just state wether or not the move was changed because you guys wanted to or it was the new gravity or something.
I'm not saying it is a buff but why fix what isn't broken? besides, i've rarely seen any good fox players use it, not even out of a dair. mostly for gimping, and that's about it. it does set up for good tech chases imo.

abcool

Smash Ace
I'm not saying it is a buff but why fix what isn't broken? besides, i've rarely seen any good fox players use it, not even out of a dair. mostly for gimping, and that's about it. it does set up for good tech chases imo.
You are using the wrong saying man.. It's more like we need to fix what we broke. I believe fox in all smash games, his shine use to push the opponent back..now that is just one of the things shine doesn't do in brawl+

I believe shine should keep that kinda kb instead of knocking ppl down..only certain characters was pushed down..why is it all characters are knocked to the floor. Fox is good with or without it, but certain things shouldn't be changed and accepted without first discussing about it.

Brawl+ is just screwed up this is why i am mostly playing melee...xD, I can't stand arguing on smashboards. Especially when what you argue for is never put in..(Thank god for melee)

CloneHat

Smash Champion
You are using the wrong saying man.. It's more like we need to fix what we broke. I believe fox in all smash games, his shine use to push the opponent back..now that is just one of the things shine doesn't do in brawl+

I believe shine should keep that kinda kb instead of knocking ppl down..only certain characters was pushed down..why is it all characters are knocked to the floor. Fox is good with or without it, but certain things shouldn't be changed and accepted without first discussing about it.

Brawl+ is just screwed up this is why i am mostly playing melee...xD, I can't stand arguing on smashboards. Especially when what you argue for is never put in..(Thank god for melee)
Pushing them back would allow for even more deadly Fox combos, and if it pushed them too far away, it would be the same as knocking them down. The shine reflects projectiles and SHINESPIKES, which is intense enough. Fox is already one of the best characters.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
His shine knocked everyone down in 64.

The physics changed his shine. It's like how DDD lost his Chaingrab: an accident (though that one was a happy one).

I wouldn't be against it as long as his shine doesn't combo into anything. Fox don't need any buffs as-is.

If you don't like B+ just because of this little thing, well then go...

abcool

Smash Ace
Pushing them back would allow for even more deadly Fox combos, and if it pushed them too far away, it would be the same as knocking them down. The shine reflects projectiles and SHINESPIKES, which is intense enough. Fox is already one of the best characters.
You see in vbrawl, Fox didn't have enough time to get out of his shield to reach them in time. The follow up's were more of a mindgame than a sure kill. I was saying he always could have push CERTAIN characters back..why is it now he knocks them to the floor. I know fox is crazy fast, but you guys never even tried this brawl+ fox with the push effect from the shine to judge it.

Anyway i mean screw it either way i got melee. Just putting my 2 cents. I don't care anymore really, i have slightly given up on brawl+..idk why.

I mean to answer the guy with the * then just go* statement. I am the only one with a few ppl in my country that kinda wants to raise brawl+ awareness and I get alot of criticism because of it from the few melee vets..why am i fighting to defend it?! It's not like i am currently enjoying it and so...i rather just play melee. Atleast until something happens to respark my interest. ( when i say i , i mean everyone in the bahamas besides one or 2 ppl)

CloneHat

Smash Champion
You see in vbrawl, Fox didn't have enough time to get out of his shield to reach them in time. The follow up's were more of a mindgame than a sure kill. I was saying he always could have push CERTAIN characters back..why is it now he knocks them to the floor. I know fox is crazy fast, but you guys never even tried this brawl+ fox with the push effect from the shine to judge it.

Anyway i mean screw it either way i got melee. Just putting my 2 cents. I don't care anymore really, i have slightly given up on brawl+..idk why.
Because Fox has a techchasing tool? Your loss.

metaXzero

Smash Champion

His shine knocked everyone down in 64.

The physics changed his shine. It's like how DDD lost his Chaingrab: an accident (though that one was a happy one).

I wouldn't be against it as long as his shine doesn't combo into anything. Fox don't need any buffs as-is.

If you don't like B+ just because of this little thing, well then go...
In case you missed it.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,about Fox Shine...yeah.But if this have the same effect like vBrawl,this will lead into more combos(and he just dont need this)if his Dair nerf was compensate in KB,because of dmg Nerf,he dont need another combo starter.
I was just thinking about his Bair faster cooldown for mounths,now he got some nerf,i think he can recieve that little change.

abcool

Smash Ace
Ok. For everyone that thinks it has something to do with fox lol, it doesn't. It's just idk I get alot of criticism about brawl+ and i am the ONLY person defending it. I am just tired of doing so and the community although nice, Does stop alot of things from happening without testing it first.

Everytime i wanna play brawl+ They get pissed and ask to play melee. I feel like the black sheep and so i kinda just stop( maybe just for the moment i guess idk)

I have more fun using my mains in melee than brawl+ either way. It's more of a personal preference than saying the game sucks or something because it doesn't.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
...Isnt the fact that shine sends into tumble better than if shine doesn't send into tumble and simply pushes them away?
Think about like Melee.
You shine CF,and then,Fox.What the diference?That
On Stage.Non tumble is better,because this combo into other moves o/(think that he dont need)

abcool

Smash Ace
Think about like Melee.
On Stage.Non tumble is better,because this combo into other moves o/(think that he dont need)
If you guys feel satisfied with fox as is then you got my support. I don't wanna argue over it anymore. *sigh* It's a great techchasing tool i guess.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Think about like Melee.
But In Melee, the shine ended before they were out of non-tumble stun.

The Shine is alot slower in Brawl, so non-tumble gives fox alot less time for follow ups.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
But In Melee, the shine ended before they were out of non-tumble stun.

The Shine is alot slower in Brawl, so non-tumble gives fox alot less time for follow ups.
For some character,i think he can Use Dash atack C-Down. WOW comboz!!!1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom