• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
No, you could buffer a powershield when you were attacked. This codes purpose is that you need to press the shield button at the instant you are attacked (This requires you to time your powershields more precisely).

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I assume the purpose of this code is so that you absolutely must time the powershield, and so it won't activate if you're holding shield upon landing from the air, right?

If so, it doesn't work.
That isn't what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to disable whether or not your buffer settings allow you to increase the window of a powershield.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I was still able to powershield by holding shield during the end lag of my attacks.

It would also freeze when going back from the stage select screen.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well, I've been testing, and I do believe powershielding is more frequent with 100 buffer than with 0 buffer, so...

I could be mistaken, though. What's a good way to test the code?

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
sort of weird releasing an update without a changelist... I tried falcon, sheik, peach, falco, samus. I only got 30 mins combined time of play tonight, but falcon felt very much the same, sheik feels a little better, peach too maybe some ariel lag reduces??? She still has incredible amounts of ariel lag. Falco seemed like his SHFFL looked cleaner and smoother with some fixes, and samus, she deals a lot of damage with that f-air :X. her bombs finally explode on contact, but i was still in mine animation sometimes when i tried to combo it??

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've been testing, and I do believe powershielding is more frequent with 100 buffer than with 0 buffer, so...

I could be mistaken, though. What's a good way to test the code?
I don't think buffer affects shielding, though? If you're holding the shield button, your shield should always come out at the earliest possible moment.

What the code SHOULD do, is tie powershielding to the timing of the button press, not the initial shielding animation.

least I think so. could be wrong.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Nah, the code doesn't work. Got to play with my buddy today and was able to buffer powershields after grabs and simply landing.

Near

Smash Cadet
Anyone here got a GCT with custom stages enabled? Or an updated codeset where I can deselect "disable custom stages"?

Thanks, I've been searching for a while now. [NTSC-U]

Near

Smash Cadet
Thanks Lulu, but if I select everything aside from "disable custom stages", it says I'm like 1000 characters over the limit.

Halp! [Or if anyone could just supply me with the gct directly, that would be awesome too]

Near

Smash Cadet
I think I had a prehistoric version of Ocarina or something, I THINK it should work now.

Thanks again monsieur lamperouge.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
Just updated and now Toon Link seems to teleport around. If I jump twice, as toon link descends he teleports a few frames down.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
removing motionetc.pac worked...is that part of brawl+? also the RSBE01.txt of the plus website says v5.0 is that right?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
removing motionetc.pac worked...is that part of brawl+? also the RSBE01.txt of the plus website says v5.0 is that right?
Not at all. You probably had a PSA for him there before you updated your build. Something similar happened to a few others a long while back which is the only reason I know this.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
We need to make the installers verify that all the popular files that conflict with Brawl+ aren't there.

MotionEtc cause conflicts, model swaps cause conflicts, etc.

dori.

Smash Apprentice
So my friends and I tried out 6.0 for a few days, and we don't like it as much as 5.0.

So I want to know if I'm missing something; there are a couple changes that I don't like. I feel like they made some characters more boring to play as, and while I understand it was all done for balance purposes, there's no point when the game you're balancing becomes less fun.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Aside from Marth, I can honestly say that there's no one in 6.0 that feels more boring to play than their 5.0 rendition. This is just my opinion, but still.

Also, is the governance thread updated with all the fixes we'll get? And will the dead frame removal code be included officially?

dori.

Smash Apprentice
some stuff I personally dislike (not saying the changes are actually bad)
- Falco's shine feels slower
- Falcon's d-throw (minor gripe, I just preferred the old one's trajectory)
- Ganon's d-throw (ewwwwww)
- Ness' fair (granted it was a bit too good but it feels like it caught the bat too hard this time around)
- D3's hammer still knocking down all the way across the stage and doing 5%
- the dead horse AKA Marth's sh fair shenanigans toned down
- Peach: doesn't feel like she got any changes, was hoping for something new/interesting

some stuff I like
- most of the general changes to Falcon
- d smash from a run is cool
- new crawldash stuff is cool
- the change to Jigg's up throw
- Samus' bombs (thank you jesus)
- if you changed Luigi's down b then I like that

can someone point me towards the changelist? I'm sure I'd be better able to accept the changes if I had some context. Still, it feels like things that weren't broken were changed.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
some stuff I personally dislike (not saying the changes are actually bad)
- Falco's shine feels slower Try jc'ing it
- D3's hammer still knocking down all the way across the stage and doing 5% The Quake hammer? This was removed, iirc. I haven't been using it as such, since I assumed it was gone. I'll have to go back and check, although I am nearly certain its done for.
- the dead horse AKA Marth's sh fair shenanigans toned down. He's getting iasa into other aerials on the fair, and increased aerial mobility in the next set
Replies in bold.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
From some of the things he mentioned, such as the Quake Hammer still being in, the d-smash while running, and the crawl-dashing, it's pretty safe to say that he somehow downloaded the old version with the weird dash-cancel crouch code.

Redownload the auto updater (if you're using that), and then redownload the Brawl+ files, since I'm sure you have an out of date version.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
- Falco's shine feels slower + other unimportant stuff :012:
Jump Canceling Falco's shine is actually faster than the old shine. The old shine let you act on frame 40, while the new one lets you act on frame 38 if you jump cancel perfectly. Sadly it loses some of its old follow-ups like grab, jab, and usmash, but most times your opponent would have DIed in such a way (if they're worth their salt) that the only action that could have been taken was an aerial.

:049:

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Hi all, the other day I was bored as heck and tried out brawl+ in special brawl with heavy mode and lightning speed on. The lightning speed was way too much, however the heavy mode provided some interesting results. Even though many recoveries were ruined, dozens of chain grabs were introduced, and people were dying at obscure percents, the game felt incredibly good. It was fast paced, it kept me on my toes because recovering is no longer a simple matter, and most of all, it was FUN! I recommend anyone to try out Brawl+ Heavy Mode and share your thoughts. I believe it'll surprise you how much tighter the game feels just with a little bit of gravity added to the mix.

This mode has convinced me Brawl+ would benefit tremendously from an overall grav increase; it would make the game more fun and dynamic even though it would change the game a ton and despite you guys wanting to release a gold set soon, this is definitely something, at least, I think, worth halting it for.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Hi all, the other day I was bored as heck and tried out brawl+ in special brawl with heavy mode and lightning speed on. The lightning speed was way too much, however the heavy mode provided some interesting results. Even though many recoveries were ruined, dozens of chain grabs were introduced, and people were dying at obscure percents, the game felt incredibly good. It was fast paced, it kept me on my toes because recovering is no longer a simple matter, and most of all, it was FUN! I recommend anyone to try out Brawl+ Heavy Mode and share your thoughts. I believe it'll surprise you how much tighter the game feels just with a little bit of gravity added to the mix.

This mode has convinced me Brawl+ would benefit tremendously from an overall grav increase; it would make the game more fun and dynamic even though it would change the game a ton and despite you guys wanting to release a gold set soon, this is definitely something, at least, I think, worth halting it for.
That...actually sounds like a really interesting idea (not upping grav obviously, I've wanted that for a long time, but trying to play the game in heavy gravity to simulate what increased gravity would feel like). I'm actually giving it a shot right now, and Falco feels absolutely wonderful (you know, aside from the fact I can't FFSHL and uair XD). I would dare say that Falco+ in heavy gravity feels just about as fast as his Melee counterpart.

Of course, I don't speak for the rest of the WBR, and just from playing, I know it'll be a huge pain in the *** to re-tweak all of these characters, but I just love the heavier gravity and wish we would change the settings to something like this. I'm going to try it out with a few other characters to see if it's just as fun.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I've been saying that for the longest time. Unfortunately, it seems the WBR is content in keeping Brawl+'s gravity at a level between Brawl and Melee.

That's alright, however, since Project M will give me my high grav fix.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I can understand why they're doing that though. Brawl+ is primarily trying to appeal to Brawl players, and while I think the grav settings as they are are fine but lacking (I immediately went back to normal Brawl+ and found it to be...eugh, fairly slow), taking the grav settings in this direction would alienate far too many Brawl players. There is a good reason for the grav being the way it is now.

That and rebalancing everything would be a total *****, though I personally think it'd be worth the huge effort.

But ProjectM should definitely look into these kinds of settings. That is neither here nor there though.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
It wouldn't alienate people if it is done correctly. The only reason it was unappealing back then was because it ***** recoveries and introduced too many stupid combos. Now we can accommodate for those problems, so all a Brawl player will perceive is just a general speed up in the game.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Increasing the gravity would just make this game look even more like "trying to copy melee." We already have that as a rep among the melee players.

The game is just about finished and such a massive change would be wreckless, stupid, and frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom