• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I don't see any reason why anyone would ever want Castle Siege frozen. Stages like Distant Planet and New Pork City I can see why you'd need to modify them but Castle Siege's fine as is. In the pursuit of neutrals we're gonna see Delfino frozen at this rate (Exaggeration obviously).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ I agree actually. Only the 2nd transformation is even the least bit controversial. It's campy, yes, but nothing about it is remotely broken (in fact I think the breakable statues are a nice touch) and as much as I hate walk-offs, the fact that they are temporary makes them perfectly fine, just like the walls and walk-offs on Delfino.

I think we should leave Castle Siege alone, or at most, speed up the transitions. Turning a perfectly valid counterpick into a borderline neutral when we already have so many good neutrals is simply not necessary.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hey, where's diamondshooter's Title screen? That screen looked awesome and I wanna use it.
I'm actually going to change the "BRAWL" text to black rather than a hint of gold because it looks sharper that way, and it matches the site. I'd be happy to give you the updated version when I make it. And thanks!

EDIT: Any chance the person who made the logo has a PSD of it or something that they'd like to allow me use of? Until then, here's all I can muster up at the moment.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nzyzgzdyn2

I changed the positions of the "BRAWL+ VERSION BLAHBLAHBLAH junk with the Nintendo credits because I felt it looked more aesthetically pleasing. I may do more to this title screen.
Woot! Thanks DiamondboySharpshooter! I don't remember who made the original logo, but I'm not sure if they kept the original PSD or not anyways :ohwell:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I agree that Castle Siege should be left unfrozen, we have plenty of neutrals and the more diverse our stagelist is the more effective stage counterpicking is.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
the one thing i think everyone here would agree to is putting Siege's files on the SD to speed up load time.
It's already in the Brawl+ downloads, since there are ledge/wall fixes. I think you've been away from stage hacking for too long...COME BAAAAACKKKKK!!!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Is the text file on BrawlPlus.net updated with 7.0.2? I want to put frozen (better) Castle Siege back in my .gct.

For some reason, I had to redownload my gct for 7.0.2 last week, so I lost frozen Castle Siege AND my sword Ganon, which I hope is still in the manual character .pacs.

Fixed grammar error zzzz.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
^ I agree actually. Only the 2nd transformation is even the least bit controversial. It's campy, yes, but nothing about it is remotely broken (in fact I think the breakable statues are a nice touch) and as much as I hate walk-offs, the fact that they are temporary makes them perfectly fine, just like the walls and walk-offs on Delfino.

I think we should leave Castle Siege alone, or at most, speed up the transitions. Turning a perfectly valid counterpick into a borderline neutral when we already have so many good neutrals is simply not necessary.
Thirded.

All this stage offers frozen is layouts we already have.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Is the text file on BrawlPlus.net updated with 7.0.2? I want to put frozen (better) Castle Siege back in my .gct.

For some reason, I had to redownload my gct for 7.0.2 last week, so I lost frozen Castle Siege AND my sword Ganon, which I hope is still in the manual character .pacs.

Fixed grammar error zzzz.
I don't mind having Castle Siege unfrozen, but I would like this sword Ganon I've heard oh so much about.

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
is it just me of this update has made the charactors much slower?...it feels like im playing normal brawl again...i cheeked to make sure my SD card is not Malfunctioning...and yes this is version 7...of Brawl+!?!..what the heck?..what changes were made here?

Suic

Smash Cadet
As interesting as counter picks may be, I do like it being frozen though. Or, if its even possible. Make the first part of Castle Siege and the last part, the lava part, where its almost like FD with a slight slope as separate stages. Is that even possible at the moment? I remember back then people said it wasn't.
FrozenHobo I now see what you mean about being a little annoyed by having to keep telling people what is and isn't possible :p Apologies for not doing more searching around before posting in that other thread.

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
^Do you have the pac files? Sounds like you're missing them.
i made a few more tests and it appears that it got everything set up....but the characters still feel different somehow compared to 6.0...im not quite sure ....the run speed seem to have slowered but there attacks still appeared to be fast as there surpose to.....there fall speed feels floaty like in normal brawl im like..something feels odd ...

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friend are playing 7.0.2 and noticed that for some odd reason when you get to the ledge by running and jumping it makes you use your double jump is this a glitch or what is the deal. If anyone can please tell me there is reasoning for this or is there a bad pac file somewhere I used the auto updater for 7.0.2. and just wondering to why this is. I cleared my entire card and put this on. We noticed it happens with wario, marth, Donkey kong, Boweser, Captain falcon, and now noticing it happens with every character on every level. This needs to be fixed.

iLink

Smash Champion
That post really wasn't necessary e_e

The problem is known and is being fixed

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
when the messenger reports a serious glitch, its generally assumed that something will be done to fix it. you don't have to add "i think this should be fixed" to the end. its implied. its like telling someone they have cancer and then following it up with "you should probably get it looked at..."

no **** it needs to be looked at; its freakin' cancer.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
What else is being fixed?

I'm running a tourney April 24th, and I need to know if I need to advice everyone to update cause I'm using the latest version for the tourney.

EDIT:

can anyone tell me if this info and rules are good for the Brawl+ tourney?

http://www.boricuagaming.com/showth...er-Torneo-en-la-Isla&p=879&viewfull=1#post879
Everything is alright except Norfair being a counterpick. That stage should be banned. Brinstar is a good counterpick.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
FroHo, I have a question: on delfino, did you add edges to the building? i think it's a good thing to do. i was gonna ask in the stage hacking hub but delfino is not there so I asked here.
Edit: I haven't got the time to test it, sorry for the question

iLink

Smash Champion
Wondering if the fixes are going to be done by the 10th because we are holding a tourney. If not, does anyone have the changes they could share with me?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
What else is being fixed?

I'm running a tourney April 24th, and I need to know if I need to advice everyone to update cause I'm using the latest version for the tourney.

EDIT:

can anyone tell me if this info and rules are good for the Brawl+ tourney?

http://www.boricuagaming.com/showth...er-Torneo-en-la-Isla&p=879&viewfull=1#post879
looks legit
i'd try out 7 neutrals tbh
and in the final patch sse jungle will have its own slot on the SSS, so it doesnt go under Temple
also, green greens but none of teh other c/b stages in cp

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Everything is alright except Norfair being a counterpick. That stage should be banned. Brinstar is a good counterpick.
I put it up in the Counterpick list since, the stage was banned cause of stalling and edge stalling, and edge stalling/plaking is no more, since only you can grab the edge 4 times and the fifth time you auto climb up

I believe nobody will choose this stage either way it is a counterpick or not, hazards however... are troublesome, but lets see how it goes, we can ban it if it looks bad cause of the hazards

looks legit
i'd try out 7 neutrals tbh
and in the final patch sse jungle will have its own slot on the SSS, so it doesnt go under Temple
also, green greens but none of teh other c/b stages in cp

sweet ^^ I would also love Hyrule Temple+ but that stage is nowhere to be found >.<

and, do you mean by the bold+italic+underline in the quote , that only green greens should be on the C/B and the rest should be Counterpick?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
FroHo, I have a question: on delfino, did you add edges to the building? i think it's a good thing to do. i was gonna ask in the stage hacking hub but delfino is not there so I asked here.
Edit: I haven't got the time to test it, sorry for the question
i believe PC added them... i know he at least added it to the big shine tower, but i'm not 100% on the buildings.
Well, I tried not to add things as big as adding ledges, since it's not something that the WBR had previously said that they would support. So because of that, I didn't add ledges on the right side of the rooftop pit-stop. (Although that do support this idea, and was even thinking about it when I made the edits but decided not to due to the above reason.)
And I did not add extra ledges to the tower, despite what FrozenHobo stated; I simply changed all walls to be wall-jumpable off of (which does include the wall to the right of the rooftop pit-stop).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, I tried not to add things as big as adding ledges, since it's not something that the WBR had previously said that they would support. So because of that, I didn't add ledges on the right side of the rooftop pit-stop. (Although that do support this idea, and was even thinking about it when I made the edits but decided not to due to the above reason.)
And I did not add extra ledges to the tower, despite what FrozenHobo stated; I simply changed all walls to be wall-jumpable off of (which does include the wall to the right of the rooftop pit-stop).
oh, i didn't read his post fully; i thought he was talking about wall-jumpabe ledges. yeah, ledges aren't a big issue for that stage and won't be added.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Hey, what happened to Luigi's Mansion+? Whenever I choose it, it loads the regular vBrawl version, where the Mansion is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom