• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online: Pathetic. So let's do something about it.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I would totally buy a patched version of brawl with extended online services... I mean, I really hate how you can't challenge or exhange friend codes with random good people on wifi that have a good connection... Pisses me off honestly...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Brawl has no voice chat
pretty sure he meant phone (if you're playing w/ friends), or microphone.

My brother can somehow play Brawl and talk on the phone at the same time. If you have a laptop or desktop, there are lots of internet voice-chat programs that you can use.

Like I said a few times before, the internet is the solution to most of your problems >_>

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I find it infuriating that you can't change the with anyone and team battle rules to stock. Practically no one plays on time because you can just run when you get a lead to win. Even if you don't die at all and someone has more KO's than you, that person wins. I find that annoying if I don't die at all and get 2 KOs
in a match and someone dies 3 times and gets 6 KOs, I don't win. Another thing I'm also getting sick of is item abusers. They only win because they literally run from item to item and set it to high. Not to mention some people set certain items too high. They don't do anything skilled. Items are very overpowered in this game.
For example, Zelda + Blast Box on High= Annoying. The truth is, those item abusers can't win without items. When I turn it off, it becomes a **** aompletely devoid of challenge.

Falcon...Puuunch!

Smash Cadet
Would anyone object to me making a petition thread for this? I would send it to Nintendo along with the link to this thread and anyone who signed. Yes, I'm aware it will do near nothing, I'm just kind of bored right now, and being optimistic is always great. :/

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Would anyone object to me making a petition thread for this? I would send it to Nintendo along with the link to this thread and anyone who signed. Yes, I'm aware it will do near nothing, I'm just kind of bored right now, and being optimistic is always great. :/
I wouldn't mind. :)

180OP

Smash Journeyman
This would never materialize. You just need to think about the future which would be Super Smash Bros 4. and since that isnt for a while now, you can just sit back and relax. The only way this can be fixed is if somehow someone was able to extract the source code from the disc, then was able to understand it and alter it to our liking.

It is too late for Nintendo to do anything.

Jawsh!

Smash Cadet
This would never materialize. You just need to think about the future which would be Super Smash Bros 4. and since that isnt for a while now, you can just sit back and relax. The only way this can be fixed is if somehow someone was able to extract the source code from the disc, then was able to understand it and alter it to our liking.

It is too late for Nintendo to do anything.

Case closed.

chckn

Smash Ace
Nitendo is not interested in smashboards. They are not interested in competitive play or the difficulties of online play. That was made quite clear by how they "balanced" the game and how pathetic the online play is. They are interested in sales. They are making tons of money off of brawl. They have no need to change anything, nor would it be worth their time and money. Online brawl is **** and it will continue to be ****. Give it a rest, this is going nowhere.

Jawsh!

Smash Cadet
Ok, based upon my observations, the entire last page of this thread has come to the consensus that this is a lost cause. Somebody PLEASE close this thing!

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
@ First Post:
The friend code idea wasn't perfect but you'd have to communicate with your friends outside of the game either way to find their account. The lag is the one thing everyone can agree on. Play a guy with crappy internet who lives on the other side of the world, lag central. Play same guy on mario kart wii, no lag. Any reviewer who said "lag-free" is a hypocrite. There is no way that using a normal gamer connection that it would be "lag-free". Also you are right about the anyone matches. There should be more than just 2-Minute KO fest. Communication would be good but for the love of god NO VOICE! I don't want 5 milllion 12 year olds yelling at me through the mic system.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I couldn't be more disappointed with Brawl's online. I wish I could change it. So let's somehow change it! But how the hell do we do that?!

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
It's impossible. The game is already made. All we can do is spam them until they start to get pissed and do it again just to annoy us. Spamming them just makes it worse. That isn't how artists work. Game design is an art. Simply tell them politely and if more people do it they'll know public opinion. But if you spam them, they'll just ignore it since it is out of rage. All we can do really is politely tell them and hope they up the WFC world wide connection. Also we can hope that SSB4 does much better.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
As much as I would like Nintendo to do something about their horrible online service, I'm 100% sure they won't. I can't understand why Nintendo won't accept that decent online play is a STANDARD now for almost all multi-player games. But they continue to deny the awesomeness of online play and what Nintendo fans get is, "HAII GUYZZZ! CHECK OUT OUR NEW BALANCE BOARD!!!! SEE, WHO NEEDS ONLINE WHEN YOU COULD BE DOING YOGA?!?!?!?. . . . Guys?. . . . . Guys?"

/endrant

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Your points are all frighteningly true, but seriously, petitions don't work, and I don't really think there's anything we can do about Brawl. Hopefully they can get it right with the next major game :(
True. It's been made and it can't be helped. And as for spamming Nintendo, it isn't going to work either. If anything they can cancel WFC just as easily as they shu it down for the 2 day maintainance. An online petition really wouldn't work, since it's somewhat an easy thing to fake since you can easily get random usernames. Boycotting nintendo products wouldn't make that much of a difference since this board is only a fraction of nintendo consumers, and they have other loyal customers that don't really care about online capabilites. Above all, asking them to fix the online is also telling them to rebuild the console since it was built for wifi.

I'm just pointing out that spamming and constant pestering can do only so much. If anything, it might help in the production of the next console (just like it helped adding Marth into Melee)

Bacon12

Smash Rookie
hey the friends play ability isnt too bad, it is way better than "play with anyone"i think. So why dont we all who are in this thread play each other :D
but yeah the online is horrible. Out of any game that has online capability this is the worst for sure that i have encountered

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
hey the friends play ability isnt too bad, it is way better than "play with anyone"i think. So why dont we all who are in this thread play each other :D
but yeah the online is horrible. Out of any game that has online capability this is the worst for sure that i have encountered
True. And you know what's sad, pkmn diamond and pearl for the DS had better wifi capabilities. Little or no lag, and easy communication through the built in microphone.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Like Nintendo cares about this. They only want your grandma to be able to play, and your little sister not to feel bad when she loses online.

chckn

Smash Ace
It's impossible. The game is already made. All we can do is spam them until they start to get pissed and do it again just to annoy us. Spamming them just makes it worse. That isn't how artists work. Game design is an art. Simply tell them politely and if more people do it they'll know public opinion. But if you spam them, they'll just ignore it since it is out of rage. All we can do really is politely tell them and hope they up the WFC world wide connection. Also we can hope that SSB4 does much better.
I lol'd, not violent protest ftw

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Best Solution: Support Microsoft. Hope that they use their aggressive business strategies to take over Nintendo and there you go. You have the worlds leader in software and networking coupled with the best franchises in the gaming industry.

I hope Nintendo sells itself to Microsoft. I know many of you may not like what I say. But Nintendo will not change. SSB4 online will use friend codes the same way.

chckn

Smash Ace
Best Solution: Support Microsoft. Hope that they use their aggressive business strategies to take over Nintendo and there you go. You have the worlds leader in software and networking coupled with the best franchises in the gaming industry.

I hope Nintendo sells itself to Microsoft. I know many of you may not like what I say. But Nintendo will not change. SSB4 online will use friend codes the same way.
This is one of the most rediculous things that I have heard in a while, Nintendo had been out for 20 plus years and is still making tons of money. What in god's name would make you think that they would let microsoft buy them out. Also Brawl came out just a few months ago, don't you think its a little early to be talking about ssb4 lolol

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman

I'd support it.

Dais

Smash Cadet
People have a handful of complaints about this game but the crappy online play is by far the worst thing about Brawl. I bent over backwards to get a Wii early and went through a lot of trouble (i suck at computer stuff) to get the wifi working, Just for this game. ... ugh! It is just such a huge let down. To hear everybody singing the praises of Online Gaming for so long and a game finally comes out that I'm all about and the online is a freaking joke! A lot of the people here have that mindset, Smash Bros is OUR game, ya know. It feels like Nintendo basically kicked us in our collective ball-bags. All efforts are hopeless, they can't or wont change the game we already have. We have to just hope we get a sequel and then hope that sequel is good. It's too much to hope for really. Besides, I'm sick of waiting for games to do something right. I want to enjoy the game I waited so long for right now.

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539

Its a good concept but Nintendo would no longer be in control of the games. Most likely the characters would be used in crappy spin offs. If they tried the fanfare would probably lose cause microsoft cares more about online featrues than fane fare. And besides, Nintendo is getting a gold rush of money with the new games. I don't think its possible anytime soon. Besides, not many care about the online cause they don't have it.

Jordan178

Smash Rookie
I'll admit...online is bad, but that's the problem with WFC. Nintendo try's to make it safe and free to play online. Sure, you don't get to talk to your friends...but that's kinda because most of the people you play online with you don't even know. I really don't mind friendcodes though...for I just play for fun, not skill.

The online has it's good sides and bad, but the major problem they NEED to fix is the lag...>.>

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
Nintendo in the hands of microsoft... *shudders*

In any case, keep in mind that brawl sold 1.2 million copies in the first month alone. It's undestandable that nintendo's servers wern't quite ready for this... :p

While brawl's wifi was above average for Nintendo, I agree it's a bit behind when compared to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, there's not much else we can do. :/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Brawl wifi was soooo disappointing, it's like waiting for ice cream that you THINK tastes good but when you get it, it tastes like CRAP!!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Woah, we can do something about it? O_O
Yeah, we should complain to the people who made smash, that will so help with their decision to make a SSB4. =D

Daisy-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Camper and other problem

Dont know but i hope am not the only mad about d'that.

I hate Brawl onilne because some players campers,
Do the same move.

You know what a try to says.

And some time.
Tiny lag and big lag, well some time

But Sakurai fail the wifi. Sad but true. :(

Agree whit some ppls here, about a ranking.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
This is one of the most rediculous things that I have heard in a while, Nintendo had been out for 20 plus years and is still making tons of money. What in god's name would make you think that they would let microsoft buy them out. Also Brawl came out just a few months ago, don't you think its a little early to be talking about ssb4 lolol
I never said Nintendo would let them.

I just said a Microsoft takeover would improve online conditions.

That's all.

Top Bottom