• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I thought instead of one zero death move he was thinking like "IASA frames every frame" "Zero Landing Lag" "Tons of Hitstun" "Lot's of Low Knock Back Moves" and stuff along those lines.

NNID
Budget_Player
Fixed.

10Ganon
**** yeah. :V

XD! METAKNIGHT IS GONNA HAVE COMPETITION NOW! lol. You've got my attention, and intention. I can't code, or program, but any ideas needed, especially the super broken ones, I can throw em out to ya! So in otherwords, count me in as a planning or design or thoughts member...
All right.

you might want to clarify. not broken. MEGA WTF!!! pumped up.

yes. onslaught falcon is the perfect example.
a few extra tricks and pheonix mario could be a nice addition
YES! do that thing where gigabowser can be hurt and hes PERFECT!
all stages will be SSE.
All music will be hilarious popculture references such as "never gonna give you up"

make Lucario able to fly and always at max aura for starters.

jiggilypuff's upB has x4 range. (at least size of FD)
I wouldn't force music on them (okay, maybe never gonna give you up on some stages). But I'm not so hip on the SSE stages idea. Hmm... Lucario idea doesn't sound bad. Jigg's upB should have more range, but not way more (like, say, hitbox maybe twice the radius it has now), but it should make them sleep for a while in the sense that they will almost certainly get hit by rest if you land it.

Kirby's Inhale is automatic KO, with transcendant priority, and a grabbox as large as Final Destination.

kthxbai
This is exactly the kind of change that should not be done-the moves which are OHKOs should definitely be slow or have a small range, not easy to hit with. Or as large as FD.

best part: MANDATORY, everyone be a compleatly origonal PSA character. Ragna is in along with the echoblades and kakashi snake. KK:MM has ALOT of PSA characters
Not sure. Wasn't really planning on a complete new PSA character except on link (because he sux :V)

Next Week... I want to make Super Yoshi.....just for this......

Rmemeber, he said no OHKO stuff.... can I use ST Akuma as a reference for Brokeness?

Will anyone consider something like this for Snake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhfB4TKzEs
ST Akuma seems a little puny though. :V

Several good ideas in that vid for sure. The only ones I really couldn't agree with that I saw would be ftilt (infinite locks are not fun, especially when they are unconditional and can't really be DI'd effectively) and fair (OHKO). That seems like a good place to start.

I think I hear what you're saying. Ever see a battle between 2 Onslaught Falcons? This can be done, and I think it'll be hilarious!

The only way it could work, though, is if everyone is broken in a completely different way. Like, someone could move really fast but find it hard to connect with attacks. Someone else could be a ridiculous projectile spammer but be terrible at close-range. You can have a trap-happy character or someone who can heal at will, a gigantic powerhouse the size of half of FD or a tiny ultra-evasive character...

I think the best name for this project would be UBERS, for Unbalanced Brawl...ERS.

There also should be some sort of rules. For example, no 999% hitboxes or undodgable, fast hitboxes the size of Hyrule Castle, or anything that would cause an instant win without having some serious weakness. We want over-the-top-fun characters, not boring game-breakers.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
Diddy can spawn up to 10 bananas at a time.
Kirby can summon a Warp Star with his up-B and a Star Rod for his Side B.
Sonic can put everyone into Bullet Time.
Jigglypuff could EXPLODE!!!
Olimar could be proportionally correct... about the size of a quarter... and die really quickly... but could kill really quickly as well.
Bowser could be HUGE and REALLY REALLY STRONG.
Snake can throw grenades at ridiculous speeds, covering the arena with them.
Peach can spawn peaches whenever she wants, really fast.

EDIT:

GANONDORF WINS
BRUTALITY
The underlined is perfect and I agree with it 100%. There should NOT be anything like Epic Falcon in here. Some of those ideas aren't bad either.

Kakashi is a good example of a broken Snake. Just need to put a time limit on when you're able to use his neutral b, like wario waft.
(The hitbox covering the whole screen is totally fine though.)

I've got an idea for Ganondorf. He'll be a nice mix of Ganondorf, MK, and Onslaught Falcon. Have his frame data in terms of startup and active frames be identical to vBrawl MK (IMAGINE THAT DOWN AIR). And yes, the neutral air's two hits would come out as lightning fast as MK's. And a back air that is basically three super fast back airs. And a forward air that is three super fast back airs. You get the idea. As soon as hitboxes come out though, ALL cooldown frames can actually be interrupted. His down b comes out on frame 1 and can be interrupted at any time. His side b doesn't make him helpless in the air and it freezes opponents for no good reason. His up b is... uh... is it possible to give ganondorf a glide? lol. His neutral b spawns FIVE SMART BOMBS THAT EXPLODE IMMEDIATELY FOR NO GOOD REASON. Oh, and during the first half of his animations for all of his taunts, it counters into an instant warlock punch for 666 damage and no knockback. For laughs.

I HAVE LOADS OF IDEAS, MANG.
Lolwtf. Sounds like the first one isn't a bad idea at all. The instant IASA frames I'm not so sure about.

Mmm... I don't know. Infinite, unescapable combos are never cool. Even Onslaught Falcon could be beaten by a normal character. Theoretically. You have to at least be able to escape with DI.

Oh, also - Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Bowser all have to have their body covering entry 'flaming' graphic effects on. Permanently. Because there's no reason why a super-powerful character shouldn't be on fire if they can be.
This (well, the first part). Actually, this more or less too, except ganon should have dark flames. :V

LOL this is so stupid. Not to be a jerk, but really?

OKAY here's what you do. Use all of the super codes, or the general super code KTHNXBAI
But are they balanced? Are they fun?

I think you may be reading this project wrong. It isn't really 'broken' it's just meant to be 'ueber' in the sense that 'everyone should be ueber'.

1. When King Dedede does his dthrow, he never gets off.
2. Pit's arrow is now the size of Suicune's aurora beam and has the same knockback.
3. Olimar can have an infinite number of pikmin with him at a time and if he throws one on you, it doesn't come off until you die.
4. Snake's grenades are replaced by bom-ombs.
5. Ness's PK Fire is the size of Ho-oh's sacred fire.
6. The size of Marth's sword is tripled.
7. Every dash attack from every character can trip 100% of the time.
8. Mario's fireball has the same knock back as Snake's fsmash.
9. Wario's waft covers the whole stage.
10. Metaknight's jab is given more knockback.
1. Wat
2. That seems like it would easily break into the "zomfg unfair" range. We want to border that, not jump into it.
3. Again, 10%/second for the whole match is not very fair. Neither is 16/second....
4. this isn't a bad idea. :V
5. See 2. Unavoidable moves should be avoided.
6. I'll see you at x1.7
7. I dunno about all the time, but several should trip. Like sonic's and marios, the ones which aim at the legs. Ones like ganon's which aim for the head and KO should probably not.
8. Seems busted... Ionno
9. Same thing as 5.
10. This I agree with.

squirtle's watergun needs to have the knockback of jigglypuffs final smash
It's too easy to hit with for a OHKO.

I'm going to start working out a list of ideas.

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase DI effectivity yet?

NNID
Budget_Player
Actually, that's a good idea... **** YEAH!

Basic Concepts and changes
Hitstun set to SSB64 levels
DI effectivity should be set to double what it is to avoid easy 0-deaths. Maybe implement this after a test of SSB64 HS levels.
Characters should be equally busted.
Tech speed up to 1-5 frames.
NASL

I'm working through the characters from the bottom to the top of the tier list.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I would love this idea if it made every character the ability to combo extremely well due to more hit stun. Add over the top effects like Falcon's Knee stops time really slowly before killing the enemy or Ness's dair meteor smash becomes a spike and has huge explosions. Maybe change some projectiles up, like Peach always pulls up Bob-Ombs for her down+B or Diddy's Peanut Guns shoot Smart Bombs.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
like Peach always pulls up Bob-Ombs for her down+B or Diddy's Peanut Guns shoot Smart Bombs.
I like it, but I think somethings need to be toned down on the awesome.

You still are going to have to be able to fight people, nothing should = free KO.

New idea list (I'm not sleeping tonight -_-)
ICs: Mini-glaciers cause ridiculous freeze effect for a second (including the noise and slight upwards momentum), fizzle out in half the time, twice the cooldown on using them. If NaNa dies, PoPo gains a mushroom and star for a 5 seconds, and bunny ears until death.
Fox: Laser beam does nice knockback, but heals the target for X% every hit.
Sheik: Make the chain VERY long, but deal X% per hit and very little knockback.
Link: Zair causes very large amounts of upwards momentum, to help out with his recovery. Uncharged arrows go as fast as charged ones (only while grounded), if Gale Boomerang hits, it makes a large explosion (slightly more knockback than typical Gale Boomerang).
TL: Everything involving the A button gives the opportunity for the opponent to slip.
Ness: Every single throw is % based. Can chain PK Thunder recoveries.
Olimar: Pikmin scaled bigger than him. Dash attack and fsmash deal absurd damage and knockback if no Pikmin are alive (GO SOLIMAR!)
Squirtle: Water Gun for as long as you charged it for. Maybe increase Shellshifting's effectivity?
Charizard: Fair leaves the enemy on fire (flaming effect, head-flower damage?), boulder shards shoot out further.
Ivysaur: Turn Bullet Seed into Hyber Beam (reverse pikachu thunder?)

All I got for now.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
When the pictochat fire is up, make one of the flames do 1% and the other do 200%

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
wow. A half a day away and 2.5 pages full of awesomeness ideas and too much brokeness I facepalmed. lol

Well here's my ideas:

THE ALMIGHTY PHYSICS FAIL! XD. aka, if you're above a certain percentage, being hit with an attack of a certain power (something along the lines of being falcon punched on 300%) will cause you to fly through all obstacles and die. that always adds for epic WTF.

All flier characters (meta, kirby, dedede and jiggly) should have unlimited jumps (so they can literally fly). Most up recovery specials should not induce free fall and should be able to be used unlimited times for the people who cannot fly.

Dodgerolling or spot dodging at the last second should create a counter like effect where if something collides with the counter animation (EG: like for 5 or so frames when the dodge is executed) it puts everything into slow motion, which allows for last second matrix dodges which last a short time (2 secs? to allow about a sec of so worth of attack time after the dodge concludes cause it doesn't slow the user) that would add epic matrix style WTF combat.

Kirby and dedede can spit enemies twice as far, and you cannot get out of the star it turns you into. Collision with an enemy or object should cause you to explode and go flying back a little.

Green missile for luigi should always missfire and it makes him invulnerable to projectiles. :D

Mario and luigi Fireballs should cause burns damage! (slow poison burning type thing)

Characters can fall asleep in the air (:D, and when they fall to the ground they land on their heads and get stunned lol).

Smart bomb should be renamed the H-bomb, which nukes the whole stage, but they become dud more often. Knockback is terrible (keep it constant?) but it should give everyone severe poison (like the fireballs)

Warpstars have a random chance to fly you out the top of the screen and you don't come back down. :p (1 out of 10 say)

Lightning doesn't shrink, but it puts everyone into a complete pause time stun where they can't even be knocked back for a short duration... of course it can backfire as always. :p

Being hit by a poison mushroom when minied already makes you die in a super mario brothers dieing animation and fall through the stage and out the bottom.

It's possible to kill yourself by accident out the top of the stage without having to be flinched or attacked first.

.....On the super mario brothers stages, pipes can randomly shoop da woop you XDDD.

Springs sometimes go uberpowerful and shoot you out the top of the screen.

Being hit by a homerun bat instantly splats you onto the screen or out of the stadium. (one hit kill out the top regardless)

Samus missiles should be slower but chase you to buggery but deal no knockback. Smash missiles should freeze for a long time but move slower.

Pitfalls can make you fall through the stage for a physics fail if you're on high enough percentage.

make a new captain falcon final smash where it pauses the screen and he charges up a large falcon punch, before letting it off it unfreezes. if it hits someone it immediately swaps to a scene of half the world blowing up, kills you instantly. When it swaps back he goes show me your moves and does a taunt.

Zero lazer should have a shoop da woop sound and cause a cutscene with a massive beam shooting off the tip of the planet.

Cook kirby should be replaced with crash. (refer to my ideas thread of Suplex warrior kirby PSA idea which I might put here in due time)

Super sonic should be able to accidentally suicide, but the power is over 9000, and he's constantly on fire.

Chaos control shadow stops time rather than slows time.

Dedede's waddle dees should always be electrodes, sometimes a giant bob-omb (he does throw that one. he just tosses it but it lands on the ground infront of him), or the gordo. Gordo possibility should be heightened.

If MK uses mach tornado for too long (max time possible) it makes him dizzy. (that should teach those spammers. :p)

All taunts must do something helpful if successfully used. (EG: healed, weapons, invulnerability or strength up time etc)

Snakes C4 should have a great aether explosion to it.

with the snake box, if you hit them in the head with it they get stunned for 3 seconds.

Snake smash attack should be a projectile, but be weaker. (for it's charge time, it could well be one like his up smash)

With bowser kirby hat, kirby should be able to hold back to user inferno from the original flame copy power. (where he blows fire but holding back makes him eat it and explode into flames for as long as you hold it. Doesn't give invulnerability but touching him causes a lot of damage)

Kirby hammer should be chargeable for extra awesome ownage.

Jiggly pound should spike instead of straight up.

....I think that's enough for now...what you guys think? I know some of them would be impossible to do at current hacking levels as far as I know. if they're all possible REJOICE! if not...uh...I dunno. lol

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
So who's gonna make the codes?

Also, add some form of extreme momentum.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
wow. A half a day away and 2.5 pages full of awesomeness ideas and too much brokeness I facepalmed. lol

Well here's my ideas:

THE ALMIGHTY PHYSICS FAIL! XD. aka, if you're above a certain percentage, being hit with an attack of a certain power (something along the lines of being falcon punched on 300%) will cause you to fly through all obstacles and die. that always adds for epic WTF.
that already happens..

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
I've only seen it with falcon punches above percentages like 800 or something. >.<' I'm talking about forced physics fails for when you get launched at speeds higher or equal to something like that. Cause I can't get physics failed when I was on one of my box stages and got hit by that...

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Wario always = Warioman
Sonic = Supersonic
Bowser = Gigabowser
DDD's Fair is 5x faster and reaches halfway across the stage
Ike's neutral B if fully charged is a hitbox the size of FD with a higher KO rate
Falcon's knee hitbox is increase a bunch with damage and knockback rate 3x what was in Brawl+ 4.1

Stuff like that?

NNID
Budget_Player
Wario always = Warioman
Sonic = Supersonic
Bowser = Gigabowser
DDD's Fair is 5x faster and reaches halfway across the stage
Ike's neutral B if fully charged is a hitbox the size of FD with a higher KO rate
Falcon's knee hitbox is increase a bunch with damage and knockback rate 3x what was in Brawl+ 4.1

Stuff like that?
Not quite. Most of those are either retardedly broken, make the game outright unplayable (constant FSs), or ar just silly.

that already happens..
Not enough. I can hit my opponent with a falcon punch at 999 at a custom stage where everything is closed and he still won't die. >.> I agree that it should happen more though. :laugh:

So who's gonna make the codes?

Also, add some form of extreme momentum.
This is a very good question, actually... I'm going to figure out PSA before I'm done with a potential "theorycrafted" changelist, and I'll probably end up mostly using that, the Brawl+ Tweaker, and the code database to work with things.

Well here's my ideas:

/Agree

All flier characters (meta, kirby, dedede and jiggly) should have unlimited jumps (so they can literally fly). Most up recovery specials should not induce free fall and should be able to be used unlimited times for the people who cannot fly.

Nope, not unlimited. Remember aircamping? With infinite jumps, you can stall under the stage forever. However, severely buffing recoveries is a given. For example, an idea with DK would be to have his upB in the air change to a jump then upB (imagine he would jump then upB, instead he jumps, then his upB looks sort of like jump->uair->upB

Dodgerolling or spot dodging at the last second should create a counter like effect where if something collides with the counter animation (EG: like for 5 or so frames when the dodge is executed) it puts everything into slow motion, which allows for last second matrix dodges which last a short time (2 secs? to allow about a sec of so worth of attack time after the dodge concludes cause it doesn't slow the user) that would add epic matrix style WTF combat.

...? Not sure, but it sounds like it's at least interesting... Doesn't sound easy to code though. I kinda disagree on 2 seconds. Maybe just make it a counter-style attack, or they blow up or something?

Kirby and dedede can spit enemies twice as far, and you cannot get out of the star it turns you into. Collision with an enemy or object should cause you to explode and go flying back a little.

Green missile for luigi should always missfire and it makes him invulnerable to projectiles. :D

The first part: YESZ! The second part: It should have a pretty sick priority, but it shouldn't beat out everything.

Mario and luigi Fireballs should cause burns damage! (slow poison burning type thing)

Maybe if it's implemented for most fire attacks. How to do that though... hm... Maybe mimic red pikmin somehow? :V

Characters can fall asleep in the air (:D, and when they fall to the ground they land on their heads and get stunned lol).

Fall asleep in midair sounds like an interesting idea, but extra stun on landing? I don't know...

Smart bomb should be renamed the H-bomb, which nukes the whole stage, but they become dud more often. Knockback is terrible (keep it constant?) but it should give everyone severe poison (like the fireballs)

Warpstars have a random chance to fly you out the top of the screen and you don't come back down. :p (1 out of 10 say)

Lightning doesn't shrink, but it puts everyone into a complete pause time stun where they can't even be knocked back for a short duration... of course it can backfire as always. :p

Being hit by a poison mushroom when minied already makes you die in a super mario brothers dieing animation and fall through the stage and out the bottom.

Items=Lowest priority. Some don't even work, remember?

It's possible to kill yourself by accident out the top of the stage without having to be flinched or attacked first.

Probably a good idea, yeah. If we're going to be giving everyone retardorecoveries, then definitely.

.....On the super mario brothers stages, pipes can randomly shoop da woop you XDDD.

Also very low priority seeing as it'll never really be a competitive stage. But sure, why not...

Springs sometimes go uberpowerful and shoot you out the top of the screen.

See other item notes.

Being hit by a homerun bat instantly splats you onto the screen or out of the stadium. (one hit kill out the top regardless)

Yeah.

Samus missiles should be slower but chase you to buggery but deal no knockback. Smash missiles should freeze for a long time but move slower.

I agree that they should chase more. Maybe chase well, deal like 10 damage, and not really have stun/knockback (think a really, really strong fox lazer)

Pitfalls can make you fall through the stage for a physics fail if you're on high enough percentage.

True, but again, items...

make a new captain falcon final smash where it pauses the screen and he charges up a large falcon punch, before letting it off it unfreezes. if it hits someone it immediately swaps to a scene of half the world blowing up, kills you instantly. When it swaps back he goes show me your moves and does a taunt.

A new CF FS is necessary because his old one doesn't work. I support this. But again, items=low priority.

Zero lazer should have a shoop da woop sound and cause a cutscene with a massive beam shooting off the tip of the planet.

meh

Cook kirby should be replaced with crash. (refer to my ideas thread of Suplex warrior kirby PSA idea which I might put here in due time)

meh

Super sonic should be able to accidentally suicide, but the power is over 9000, and he's constantly on fire.

/agree

Chaos control shadow stops time rather than slows time.

Items again

Dedede's waddle dees should always be electrodes, sometimes a giant bob-omb (he does throw that one. he just tosses it but it lands on the ground infront of him), or the gordo. Gordo possibility should be heightened.

Waddle Dee=Electrode, Waddle Doo=Gordo Gordo=Bobomb

If MK uses mach tornado for too long (max time possible) it makes him dizzy. (that should teach those spammers. :p)

Nah... actually, I was planning on buffing this move too.

All taunts must do something helpful if successfully used. (EG: healed, weapons, invulnerability or strength up time etc)

This is a pretty good idea. Also, smash taunts should be easier.

Snakes C4 should have a great aether explosion to it.

?

with the snake box, if you hit them in the head with it they get stunned for 3 seconds.

That'll teach 'em xD DO IT ******

Snake smash attack should be a projectile, but be weaker. (for it's charge time, it could well be one like his up smash)

Fsmash? Like, his fsmash fires a missile? Good idea....

With bowser kirby hat, kirby should be able to hold back to user inferno from the original flame copy power. (where he blows fire but holding back makes him eat it and explode into flames for as long as you hold it. Doesn't give invulnerability but touching him causes a lot of damage)

This we'll have to see about. It may make kirby too hard to hit.

Kirby hammer should be chargeable for extra awesome ownage.

Nice idea. Good.

Jiggly pound should spike instead of straight up.

This sounds broken, but not too broken. I support.

....I think that's enough for now...what you guys think? I know some of them would be impossible to do at current hacking levels as far as I know. if they're all possible REJOICE! if not...uh...I dunno. lol
Several of them are pretty cool. I'm working on a few things... Going from the top of the tier list.

Ganon ideas:
-Grounded Flame choke goes double the range but can be teched. Also if you go off the edge using it, you don't go into specialfall. And no endlag. Also, do what Brawl+ did to the aerial one.
-Dair ending lag down by a lot. Dair vs. grounded opponent will bury them.
-Fair startup lag down by a lot, sweetspot bigger, endlag down by a lot
-Warlock punch sends out a projectile similar to samus's charge shot when the fist hitbox comes out. It will do about 30 damage and have very solid knockback. Actual fist hitbox deals 666 damage and is a OHKO. Move has IASA as soon as the fist comes out.
-Utilt wind hitbox does 1%/10 frames and has IASA after frame 20
-Wizkick recovers second jump in the air, will ground cancel faster, and does way more damage/knockback. Aerial vs. grounded will bury.
-Jump Height Up slightly, smaller shorthop for easy thunderstorming.
-Punch hitbox on upB deals 26 damage, kills very early, grab hit on it deals 24 damage and the last hit will spike them.
-Jab comes out frame 3, ends frame 10. Deals 10 damage. Angle something like 340
-Ftilt kill power up.
-Dtilt deals 15 damage, trips.
-Weight class up to snake
-Double grab range.

Captain Falcon Ideas:
-Falcon Kick will pop opponents out, can be jump canceled as soon as it hits something.
-Falcon dive doesn't trip at the end if it misses, does more damage.
-Falcon Punch's falcon animation is three times its normal size (centered slightly forwards)
-Model mostly after Brawl+ Falcon (Blood Falcon?).
-UpB has 64-level power and goes a lot further; also should not stall in midair when hits but drag the opponent forwards until the move ends. Also, grab hitbox is disjointed.
-Dtilt trips, deals more damage.
-Ftilt deals 14 damage, high knockback, big invisible hitbox similar to snake
-Fair hitbox size up, sweetspot on the knee is not only for the first frame or two. Sweetspot strength up.
-Double Grab Range

Not really finished, not even really that out there... I dunno. I'd post more but I kinda have to catch the bus.

Doval

Smash Lord
Fox just needs to get a working Waveshine replacement, Falco's b-air and fastfall lasers. Could replicate Waveshine by allowing Fox to cancel Shine with a dash (and only a dash) at some point after the move connects.

Kirby:
* Inhale doesn't lose range when done in the air (aerial Inhale has 1/2 the range of grounded inhale.)
* Grounded Final Cutter replaced with the full Cut-Cut-Final Cutter combo. Grounded Final Cutter sped up to match Kirby Super Star speed.
* Vulcan Jab range doubled so it's closer to Super Star Fighter Kirby's vulcan jab. Damage stays the same.
* Forward Smash releases a short shockwave like Fighter Kirby's. Shockwave is weaker than the actual kick.
* Down Tilt is Kirby's signature slide kick.
* Increase knockback slightly on D-air so it's a bit more lethal.
* Fastfall animation changed to his head dive from the games. Head dive does minor damage and causes Kirby to bounce off enemy.
* Same throws but stronger (able to KO at 100% with Up/Forward).
* Speed up air hammer slightly.
* Stone can't be broken with damage and has faster start-up (same end lag for punishability.)

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Onslaught Falcon I'd say would STILL need just a little bit toning down in his invincibility frames area.

only the part of his up-b before he starts moving up should be invincible instead of the whole thing
the invincible taunts should probably just be super armor taunts
the invincible PAWNCH is fine, but the startup is invincible too. it should be FALCON = super armor, PAWNCH = invincible

Also, a lot of the suggestions you guys are giving just aren't... CRAZY OVER THE TOP enough. Broken, sure, but they just aren't LOL WHAT enough.

example of LOL WHAT:

The model for Meta Knight's sword is replaced with Ike's sword. He'd be just as fast as before, but the hitboxes would be changed accordingly to ensure that Ike's sword would give MK even better range than before. Not only that, but... it's IKE'S SWORD, so the killing power and damage would be crazy. Among other changes, those would be the main ones, because MK doesn't need too many to be LOL WHAT. (also, autocancelled every aerial on every frame)

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Fox's gun shoots Falco's lasers.
Falco's gun shoots Wolf's lasers.
Wolf's gun shoots... sandbag.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Ganon ideas:
-Grounded Flame choke goes double the range but can be teched. Also if you go off the edge using it, you don't go into specialfall. And no endlag. Also, do what Brawl+ did to the aerial one.

Agreed.

Air murderchoke should bury them, a lot of Ganon's killing power is from Dair forcing the enemy to the top boundary. Doing this would make Ganon bottom tier of THIS mod too :laugh:

Agreed.

-Warlock punch sends out a projectile similar to samus's charge shot when the fist hitbox comes out. It will do about 30 damage and have very solid knockback. Actual fist hitbox deals 666 damage and is a OHKO. Move has IASA as soon as the fist comes out.

Well, it'd go with the ridiculous. Making it could prove difficult, though.

This can be SO much more ridiculous. Drag could be stronger, and suck in from much farther away (not ridiculously, just like the blow-face on Pictochat)

-Wizkick recovers second jump in the air, will ground cancel faster, and does way more damage/knockback. Aerial vs. grounded will bury.
-Punch hitbox on upB deals 26 damage, kills very early, grab hit on it deals 24 damage and the last hit will spike them.
-Jab comes out frame 3, ends frame 10. Deals 10 damage. Angle something like 340
-Ftilt kill power up.

Agreed. :p

Dtilt sends them in the air...

-Double grab range.

I never understood how Snake was heavier. Agreed.
Pretty good ideas.

NNID
Budget_Player
just put massive amounts of hitstun so anything can combo into anything
I would like it if every aerial had IASA and everyone had infinite double jumps, so you could spam **** like crazy like in MvC2.
tbh most of these ideas are terrible and would make the game absolutely no fun.
This man puts it right. >.> ******** will only work if it's fun (again, I point to Adam Sandler who is a ****ing ****** in all of his good roles)

Ganon ideas:

Agreed.

Air murderchoke should bury them, a lot of Ganon's killing power is from Dair forcing the enemy to the top boundary. Doing this would make Ganon bottom tier of THIS mod too

Agreed.

Well, it'd go with the ridiculous. Making it could prove difficult, though.

This can be SO much more ridiculous. Drag could be stronger, and suck in from much farther away (not ridiculously, just like the blow-face on Pictochat)

-Ftilt kill power up.

Agreed. :p

Dtilt sends them in the air...

-Double grab range.

I never understood how Snake was heavier. Agreed.
Pretty good ideas.
I expect to buff his kill moves a lot (faster usmash, way faster dsmash, bigger fsmash (sword? :V), way stronger ftilt... If you can ground your opponent with Dair, you can then proceed to hit them with something else. Like Ftilt, Fair, Wizkick, etc. at kill %s. Or way, way below. :V

More ridiculous utilt? Sure. Like, what if the windbox wasn't huge, but if you're too close, you get caught in stun/damage and dragged in? That way the hit wouldn't need to be buffed too much. Why dtilt sends into air? Dtilt trip makes him be able to follow up ****. Although aerial murder choke grounding... hmm, sounds like fun. :D

This thread is getting kind of cluttered by both good stuff (ideas/feedback thereon) and bad stuff (spam and really bad ideas). If you're interested in actually working on the project, I'd love to get a PM telling me about it. MSN(/AIM/Skype/YIM) is also a lovely little tool that I would really love to use. I'll continue posting stuff here but getting a little team of guys who are willing to put some time into this. Especially people who know something about hacking brawl. :V I intend to get an american copy of brawl at some point so that I can actually USE PSA.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
Then, Cadet, can you post some of the specifications you're looking for, like, generally, for certain characters, and then have us attempt to PSA them for your specifications? I'm willing to try.

NNID
Budget_Player
Are people under the assumption I actually have a full plan in my head?

:laugh:

Oh wow, no. Lol. I have a vision, and lots of ideas. That's usually the way I work. Then I need other people with ideas to help fill it out, and (don't take this wrong) "stupid filter"; AKA the people who make sure I'm not being absolutely ******** again. :V Hmm, coulda used them before the thread.

But if you're willing to try to help on the coding side, that would be great. Right now I'm mostly just trying to get a bunch of ideas/a solid theoretic plan together which can be tested/implemented. Just PM me if you're interested in helping, be it with gathering ideas, playtesting, coding, whatever.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
What I meant by Ganon's Dtilt pushing them into the air is that... thats what it does. Currently it forces them into the air. If you mean change it all together so that it trips, my bad :p

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
You know, a lot of these ideas involve projectiles or items. I say we stick to PSA for now, since it's a lot easier to use (fast-shooting projectiles could be done, but changing the projectiles themselves is still impossible without hexing.)

OH! I just got an idea: Give everyone FATALITIES!

I'm serious! ThrowX commands tells the victim what to do if thrown. We have the variable to get a character's damage% and the variable to kill instantly. So, give everyone a throw that, if the opponent is over 300% damage or so, kills them. With, like, explosions or flames or something of the sort. It could actually be done in PSA... I'm pretty certain.

Oh, and RAGE COMBOS for everyone! Or at least someone. Actually, Shadow Beast Ganon looks like he'd fit right in here, if he was changed a lot... so that he'd actually be good... I just mean the awesomely evil way he looks, he could seriously be the next Giga Bowser.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Mario's fair always spikes... unless it's sweetspotted. if it's sweetspotted, it sends opponents directly up. for laughs.

this whole thing is for laughs anyway

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I thought about doing something like this and realized I didn't have the time. My approach would be to give everyone just one or two ridiculous things and otherwise not change them. For instance...

Mr. Game & Watch: always hits with Judgment 9 on hammers. Note this includes get up attack and dsmash (just give them the same hitbox effects and sounds as Judgment 9).

Snake: all explosives auto-shield break, range increase on utilt and ftilt

Meta Knight: significantly faster recovery on ftilt, dsmash, and all aerials

Zero Suit Samus: jab1 stuns for a similar amount of time to dsmash

Ike: jab combo and Quick Draw have super armor for full duration of execution

Olimar: significantly speed up all grabs, throws altered to be more favorable (d/f combo better, u/b kill better)

I'm really not sure how these characters would break down in terms of quality even... The point is they're all broken, and individually all of them are pretty easy to make.

NNID
Budget_Player
It sounds like this is the first project that would actually want to use Smash Balls.
Maybe, but I doubt it. Remember, Zelda/Shiek/CF have FS's that refuse to work with conventional coding. We'll probably do something with FS, but not this.

You know, a lot of these ideas involve projectiles or items. I say we stick to PSA for now, since it's a lot easier to use (fast-shooting projectiles could be done, but changing the projectiles themselves is still impossible without hexing.)

OH! I just got an idea: Give everyone FATALITIES!

I'm serious! ThrowX commands tells the victim what to do if thrown. We have the variable to get a character's damage% and the variable to kill instantly. So, give everyone a throw that, if the opponent is over 300% damage or so, kills them. With, like, explosions or flames or something of the sort. It could actually be done in PSA... I'm pretty certain.

Oh, and RAGE COMBOS for everyone! Or at least someone. Actually, Shadow Beast Ganon looks like he'd fit right in here, if he was changed a lot... so that he'd actually be good... I just mean the awesomely evil way he looks, he could seriously be the next Giga Bowser.
Don't like the Fatalities idea that much. It seems like it's more or less unnecessary. If you grab the opponent at 300% in this game, they are GOING TO DIE if you use the right throw. I don't know what Rage combos are. Most of this project will be done with PSA, I'm assuming (IT PRINTS CODES!), but some things like HS/HL/SS will need to be coded elsewhere. That said, I'm pretty sure there are already E-Z-ues codes for most of those.

Mario's fair always spikes... unless it's sweetspotted. if it's sweetspotted, it sends opponents directly up. for laughs.

this whole thing is for laughs anyway
I dunno. Reverse gravity if it sweetspots, then maybe... :V

Also, don't diss this as "just for laughs". It's funny as hell to try to lead off a project like this because when I made the thread, I wasn't 100% sure if I wasn't just trolling (see my sig). :laugh: I do intend to bring out a fully functional, more or less balanced (well, relative to the other stuff in it...), competitive (well, again, relative thing), and fun to play brawl hack (if it isn't fun to play we'll try until it is dammit!).

I thought about doing something like this and realized I didn't have the time. My approach would be to give everyone just one or two ridiculous things and otherwise not change them. For instance...

Mr. Game & Watch: always hits with Judgment 9 on hammers. Note this includes get up attack and dsmash (just give them the same hitbox effects and sounds as Judgment 9).

Snake: all explosives auto-shield break, range increase on utilt and ftilt

Meta Knight: significantly faster recovery on ftilt, dsmash, and all aerials

Zero Suit Samus: jab1 stuns for a similar amount of time to dsmash

Ike: jab combo and Quick Draw have super armor for full duration of execution

Olimar: significantly speed up all grabs, throws altered to be more favorable (d/f combo better, u/b kill better)

I'm really not sure how these characters would break down in terms of quality even... The point is they're all broken, and individually all of them are pretty easy to make.
Well, I have plenty of time. The idea of giving someone a single ******** move is just begging them to spam it though, so I definitely don't plan on going that way.

I think for MK you should just up his air speed.
Actually, if we're buffing hitstun, then I imagine that this is pretty accurate. :laugh:

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
olimars pikmen be able to go out for grabs even while someone is held in a grab :3 (possible better than IC cgs and possible 3 oppents at once cgs O: )

falcon punch is a 0 to death stamina style K.O. (meaning get hit and u drop dead where you stand)

captain is ultra fast in the air and ground (like 2-4x sonic speed)

meta can glide anytime period even if hes used up his glide, and doesnt go into fall animation wen coming out of b moves

ike take away the third hit of his jab so that no jabcancel is required to jab ****

samus.. omg 0 lag on all projectiles

marth give him roy hilts and marth tips only the midblade is safe ;)
dair is garunteed spike
counter lasts until he gets hit
autocountering standing/running/walking animations

wario make him always wario man except with out the perma super armor

kirby no SDI on up airs (gonzo combo becomes brooooken)
inhale cancels into grab after x frames even when the oponent is being eaten(MOAR BROKEN)
uptilt like ssb64
dair has ganon spike hitboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom