• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyros Kirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3247-1699
Switch FC
5691-0378-5993
All characters with sword need longer sword for bigger hitbox and range, but not so ridiculous huge as in the vid. :/

I have more idea about sonic. =D
More knockback on Fsmash and have 13 frame speed total.
Dsmash has same speed as vbrawl MK's Dsmash. Little bit more knockback to.
Much more priority on all low priority attacks as spindash, smash attacks and other attacks if possible.
All tilts have 5% dmg more.
Spindash, Spinchange and homing attack come's out 1 frame. Make all B moves excellent combo options with only buff not nerf!
Less startlag on Bair, Uair and Dair. Make Dair hitbox to a spike and much less landinglag on Dair and Fair.
Dair, Uair and Fair dos 7% dmg more.
Nair kills like pikachu's and MK's Nair with huge priority
Pummel dos 7% dmg instead for 3%.
All throw have 6% dmg more.
Spring have a semispike hitbox.
Double his running speed.

Make his so fast and overpowered as possible, even faster than fox and sheik. But MK still the fastest attacker, but sonic is the fastest character at running and all round speed. i hope you will add them to sonic Budget Player Cadet. ^^

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
All characters with sword need longer sword for bigger hitbox and range, but not so ridiculous huge as in the vid. :/

I have more idea about sonic. =D
More knockback on Fsmash and have 13 frame speed total.
Dsmash has same speed as vbrawl MK's Dsmash. Little bit more knockback to.
Much more priority on all low priority attacks as spindash, smash attacks and other attacks if possible.
All tilts have 5% dmg more.
Spindash, Spinchange and homing attack come's out 1 frame. Make all B moves excellent combo options with only buff not nerf!
Less startlag on Bair, Uair and Dair. Make Dair hitbox to a spike and much less landinglag on Dair and Fair.
Dair, Uair and Fair dos 7% dmg more.
Nair kills like pikachu's and MK's Nair with huge priority
Pummel dos 7% dmg instead for 3%.
All throw have 6% dmg more.
Spring have a semispike hitbox.
Double his running speed.

Make his so fast and overpowered as possible, even faster than fox and sheik. But MK still the fastest attacker, but sonic is the fastest character at running and all round speed. i hope you will add them to sonic Budget Player Cadet. ^^
With that speed, he doesn't need a buff in knockback and speed in kill moves (but buff in attack speed of non-killing moves). I think it would be too unbalanced. It doesn't matter a buff in that when he can rack damage extremely quickly, even more thanks to his damage buff in moves. And Sonic lives fairly long unlike those characters, he may get a buff in weight instead of killing power.

Gyros Kirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3247-1699
Switch FC
5691-0378-5993
With that speed, he doesn't need a buff in knockback and speed in kill moves (but buff in attack speed of non-killing moves). I think it would be too unbalanced. It doesn't matter a buff in that when he can rack damage extremely quickly, even more thanks to his damage buff in moves. And Sonic lives fairly long unlike those characters, he may get a buff in weight instead of killing power.
Thats mean he is already is broken? Quickly damage dealer is a very great options for a speedy character, so I agree. Sonic still have problems with killing unlike fox with Usmash and MK with Dsmash, but he can have some disadvantage left even he is broken. So no killing buff, but he need buff in priority. One of his main disadvantages in vbrawl is his low priority. sonic's priority would be same as mr game and watch's priority or less.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
It's possible.

We were planning on doing that to marth until it turned out it looked ridiculous.
you mean like this?

yeah, ridiculous. I mean, who would want a sword like that? ever?

On that note, couldn't the sword be replaced with another model, or had some parts of the model slimmed down? that could change it aesthetically.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
you mean like this?

Everyone except you obviously. Go for it guys. XD

And lookign at the current topic title, replacing Marth is ALWAYS good idea, even moreso if it's with Roy. Do it :3

Edit: ...You guys love giving Sonic the short end of the stick I've noticed. -.o He needs a buff in killing power and that's really all, or at least buff his ground kills since he KOs great in the air. Granted I have no problem KOing someone in the 80s and lower using Sonic, most people have a hard time killing anyone with him going even above 110%

We don't need Sonic getting the same crappy treatment as Metaknight. -_- (And I'll be honest with the whole community...From all the experiences in fighting human and lvl 9 Metas, I...really don't see what's so "cheap" about him. He's one of the easiest people to beat since he's so light. I simply think of him as Kirby with a sword and he's cake. XD)

NNID
Budget_Player
you mean like this?

On that note, couldn't the sword be replaced with another model, or had some parts of the model slimmed down? that could change it aesthetically.
...It doesn't look like that, that's the problem. If we could make it longer but not fatter, and not have a way bigger hilt, then I'd snap it up no problem. But it looks... well, like he's holding a sword two size classes too big for him to swing.

Everyone except you obviously. Go for it guys. XD

And lookign at the current topic title, replacing Marth is ALWAYS good idea, even moreso if it's with Roy. Do it :3

Edit: ...You guys love giving Sonic the short end of the stick I've noticed. -.o He needs a buff in killing power and that's really all, or at least buff his ground kills since he KOs great in the air. Granted I have no problem KOing someone in the 80s and lower using Sonic, most people have a hard time killing anyone with him going even above 110%

We don't need Sonic getting the same crappy treatment as Metaknight. -_- (And I'll be honest with the whole community...From all the experiences in fighting human and lvl 9 Metas, I...really don't see what's so "cheap" about him. He's one of the easiest people to beat since he's so light. I simply think of him as Kirby with a sword and he's cake. XD)
Short end of the stick?
We're kinda revising the idea; according to the guy who made sonic, having him do like 40 damage per attack isn't enough of a buff. If that's what you mean.

Metaknight having a higher airspeed basically makes him able to chase into combos stupidly well. It buffs his already ridiculous zoning game. And And don't underestimate MK-there's a reason he's the best in the game. If this change isn't enough, we'll buff him more.

And as far as marth with roy... eh, it probably won't happen.

Apparently a falco under influence of nothing but the .gct goes even with most of the - chars. So does squirtle. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Seems like we'll be cranking it up another notch.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Go make lucario's fsmash hitbox come out on frame 1. oh and give him invincibility frames while increasing the damage and range. :D

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
adding on to lucas suggestions:

pk freeze hitbox lasts longer than an airdodge
give pk fire the ability to quickdraw like link's bows or falco's SHDL, & make them do 13%
pk thunder explodes on first impact (thunder hits lucas), killing power & huuuuuge range
magnet semi-spikes
speed up usmash & dsmash, and as RPSI said IASA during hitboxes (is it possible to make the hitboxes stay out while the lucas gtfo)
fsmash reflects throughout the animation
dtilt trips 100% of the time
ftilt aimed down trips & does 11%, aimed straight semispikes & does 12%, aimed up does 14% and sends opponent 45 degrees
bair: sweetspot spikes stronger than in vBrawl, hexagons have longer hitstun, sweetspot onstage grounds the opponent
uair: invincibility frames 1-5
dair: raise BKB of fourth hit & change sourspot angle to 270 degrees
nair: first 7 hits have shorter hitlag and longer hitstun, makes it harder to SDI. first 7 hits deal 3%, last hit does 5%
fair: semispikes

speed up all grabs & give disjointed range

uthrow has killing power, dthrow is constant knockback, bthrow also kills

Eldiran

Smash Lord
...It doesn't look like that, that's the problem. If we could make it longer but not fatter, and not have a way bigger hilt, then I'd snap it up no problem. But it looks... well, like he's holding a sword two size classes too big for him to swing.
Actually, if you modify the animations and change the right pieces, I believe you can. (I once gave Marth a dagger with a proper-sized hilt for the heck of it -- I didn't take the time to replicate that in all the animations though.)

NNID
Budget_Player
Hmm. That would be interesting... Would also kinda fix the "what do we do with marth" problem. Would open up the problem of a character who could zone better than... Um... Anything in the history of anything.

****, why not.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, I fail to see how this is a problem.

Worst case scenario, Marth's sword is stuck in the ground in his Wait animation or he accidentely stabs himself while doing a complex A attack.

If you wanna try this, go and mess with the WeaponBladeM bone, just the Z scales.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Everyone having infinite jumps and never go into helpless state, level speed increased. gawd everything would be so fast it breaks the game.

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
Some suggestions for ZSS:

- She needs a better back roll. The one we currently have is very bad. (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225510)

- A shorter short hop is a must. At least 50% shorter than her current one.

- Not sure whether this is overpowered, but possibly fix jab combo. The second hit needs to push the opponent into the air at a slightly higher angle so it would be able to be a true combo on all of the cast.

- Up-tilt should have less cooldown. Down-smash should have less startup.

- Making N-air come out faster would be nice.

Some of these are just probably things she needed in the first place... heh.

NNID
Budget_Player
Everyone having infinite jumps and never go into helpless state, level speed increased. gawd everything would be so fast it breaks the game.
No. No no no no no. There's a difference between broken and stupid. :laugh: That would make the game virtually unplayable.

Some suggestions for ZSS:

- She needs a better back roll. The one we currently have is very bad. (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225510)

- A shorter short hop is a must. At least 50% shorter than her current one.

- Not sure whether this is overpowered, but possibly fix jab combo. The second hit needs to push the opponent into the air at a slightly higher angle so it would be able to be a true combo on all of the cast.

- Up-tilt should have less cooldown. Down-smash should have less startup.

- Making N-air come out faster would be nice.

Some of these are just probably things she needed in the first place... heh.
Those are good things. I'll mark 'em down.

5ive

Smash Champion
The videos in the OP make this project actually look very promising. I hope I can be of some help with Pikachu/Snake.

Edit:

Snake

- Vertical Hitbox increase on C4
- Immunity to own tripmines
- Fair always spikes
- Dair = peachish dair fastfalled, last hit is strong.
- vBrawl hitboxes on tilts
- vBrawl jab/tilt hitstun and shieldstun

Pikachu

- Slight and VERY weak semispike on QAC hit
- Less hitlag on QAC
- Brawl+ GSH1 Dthrow (YES MXXD)
- Falconish upair or Upair semi spike
- Ability to SH out of QAC
- Ability to Jump cancel grab a QAC
- Slightly decrease knockback on fair.
- Base hit thunder knockback and effects for fsmash

And this project needs a name change. A promising project like this shouldn't be burdened with a name with a negative connotation.

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
Another Idea: When Weegee's Green Missile is fully charged, it has the properties of Marth's Final Smash. Instakill, can be canceled, etc.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle water gun has ridiculous pushback

hitting squirtle's withdraw won't knock him the other way, and it travels hella fast

bullet seed does flower damage (like jiggs rest) so it becomes bullet seed + leech seed. and make it way harder to DI out of

ivysaur up smash, uair, dair paralyze the opponent for a really long amount of time (pretend these moves are stun spore)

rock smash...is really ridiculous already...lol. make it so it breaks shields instead of half shield damage? i mean this move does 45% if you hit with all of it, jesus. maybe double the damage idk

NNID
Budget_Player
you bet it would. lol

how your new banner coming along?
Great. I haven't started yet, but great. :V I've been kinda distracted, lol.

So, can we get longer swords please?
We're seeing about that... TSON is telling me that scaling doesn't work. If it does, then yes.

hmmm, MK.

Port him exactly from vBrawl.
We gave him one buff. ONE. And I think it's enough.

NNID
Budget_Player
We will be releasing the first alpha on the 30th of January. It will feature changes to all or almost all characters (curse you Ice Climbers, Olimar and being very hard to edit), the physics changes, and at the very least, shallow balance (Balancing will happen by the first beta).

5ive

Smash Champion
The videos in the OP make this project actually look very promising. I hope I can be of some help with Pikachu/Snake.

Edit:

Snake

- Vertical Hitbox increase on C4
- Immunity to own tripmines
- Fair always spikes
- Dair = peachish dair fastfalled, last hit is strong.
- vBrawl hitboxes on tilts
- vBrawl jab/tilt hitstun and shieldstun

Pikachu

- Slight and VERY weak semispike on QAC hit
- Less hitlag on QAC
- Brawl+ GSH1 Dthrow (YES MXXD)
- Falconish upair or Upair semi spike
- Ability to SH out of QAC
- Ability to Jump cancel grab a QAC
- Slightly decrease knockback on fair.
- Base hit thunder knockback and effects for fsmash

And this project needs a name change. A promising project like this shouldn't be burdened with a name with a negative connotation.
Just to make sure this post wasn't ignored.

Azurie

Smash Cadet
Looks amazing. If it plays as fun as those videos look, I'll probably convert once the alpha is released. My small input; I wouldn't stick with the name Brawl-. Why give it a gimmicky name that seems to leech off the success of Brawl+ when you can give it a name worthy of a standout project. And actually articulate "Brawl Minus". Nothing about that rolls off the tongue. I liked Broken Brawl, and if not that, I'm sure there would be many other better names.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Looks amazing. If it plays as fun as those videos look, I'll probably convert once the alpha is released. My small input; I wouldn't stick with the name Brawl-. Why give it a gimmicky name that seems to leech off the success of Brawl+ when you can give it a name worthy of a standout project. And actually articulate "Brawl Minus". Nothing about that rolls off the tongue. I liked Broken Brawl, and if not that, I'm sure there would be many other better names.
You're thinking too much. Brawl- is just fine. XD

5ive

Smash Champion
I agree

Wave Kusanagi said:
You're thinking too much. Brawl- is just fine. XD
I don't.

5ive said:
Yes.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Just when winter vacation is over...

...no unofficial beta release? I know that it is unnessesary...but I just want to play Brawl- so badly!:( *waits impatiently*

...and Brawl- is a good name, being the opposite of Balanced Brawl so I don't want to get BBrawl mixed up with BBrawl.

5ive

Smash Champion
Except...
It's not the opposite of Brawl+.

The opposite of Brawl+ would be a terribly slow, unbalanced game. Like the OP says, the game is supposed to make everyone broken, but to an extent where everyone is balanced, thus making a playable game.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Awesome Brawl...sounds more like a texture pack composed of awesome face...

Epic Brawl? Perhaps...

Super Brawl? It reminds me of Super Bowl...:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom