• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
BeastBrawl.
A-Brawl (a for abnormal)

Brawl- is pretty cool though. It's not a polar opposite, but its broken, what Brawl+ tries to not be.

If not Tarded brawl? Damaged brawl?

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Except...
It's not the opposite of Brawl+.

The opposite of Brawl+ would be a terribly slow, unbalanced game. Like the OP says, the game is supposed to make everyone broken, but to an extent where everyone is balanced, thus making a playable game.
BeastBrawl.
A-Brawl (a for abnormal)

Brawl- is pretty cool though. It's not a polar opposite, but its broken, what Brawl+ tries to not be.

If not Tarded brawl? Damaged brawl?
BeastBrawl? Perhaps. A-Brawl, no. Tarded Brawl? Not really. Damaged Brawl? So if you damaged your Brawl CD, what would you call it?

It's balanced because the brokenness of the characters are around the same range of brokenness. It's like breaking down ice into snow cones.(that isn't yellow)

(The) Broken Brawl should be a nickname/catchphrase for Brawl-, so people would know what it is, and we should refrain from using BBrawl to say Broken Brawl, unless we want to get the Balanced Brawl creators/players' attention.(Why would we pick fights?)

The post below me is win.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Now only if the UBERS(Brawl-) team agrees with you...(I support the above post)

...I guess Brawl- would be the official name.:)

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
BRAWL - it is.

No Broken Brawl, that sounds absolutely cheesy... like The Dark Knight. Would have cool with Batman vs. Joker tbh.

PSD if you want any changes; have back-up'd each important layer, the slogan text is Bebas. Megaupload

and No i'm probably not going to edit it anymore. Add your Alpha release or teaser date or what it is, you're going to need it.

EDIT: Had to re-up it imageshack already lost the image. *facepalm

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
BRAWL - it is.

No Broken Brawl, that sounds absolutely cheesy... like The Dark Knight. Would have cool with Batman vs. Joker tbh.

PSD if you want any changes; have back-up'd each important layer, the slogan text is Bebas. Megaupload

and No i'm probably not going to edit it anymore. Add your Alpha release or teaser date or what it is, you're going to need it.
this is beautiful :D

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
You mean the Brawl- logo or the Smash ball/circle logo? The Smash logo is cracked, it's just very small cracks going outwards from the gunshot hole that is in the middle of the T-intersection. I wonder if they would stick with Master Hand though...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
BRAWL - it is.

*claps* Great work. Glad you stayed smart and stuck with the initial name. Much better than those other ideas. :3

NNID
Budget_Player
...no unofficial beta release? I know that it is unnessesary...but I just want to play Brawl- so badly!:( *waits impatiently*

...and Brawl- is a good name, being the opposite of Balanced Brawl so I don't want to get BBrawl mixed up with BBrawl.
Brawl- is the name. This is FINAL. Trust me, Brawl- is great. You know, + and + in an operation are -. So it's basically like B++.

The videos in the OP make this project actually look very promising. I hope I can be of some help with Pikachu/Snake.

Edit:

Snake

- Vertical Hitbox increase on C4
- Immunity to own tripmines
- Fair always spikes
- Dair = peachish dair fastfalled, last hit is strong.
- vBrawl hitboxes on tilts
- vBrawl jab/tilt hitstun and shieldstun

Pikachu

- Slight and VERY weak semispike on QAC hit
- Less hitlag on QAC
- Brawl+ GSH1 Dthrow (YES MXXD)
- Falconish upair or Upair semi spike
- Ability to SH out of QAC
- Ability to Jump cancel grab a QAC
- Slightly decrease knockback on fair.
- Base hit thunder knockback and effects for fsmash

And this project needs a name change. A promising project like this shouldn't be burdened with a name with a negative connotation.
1. Thanks for the ideas, I'll post those in the respective threads.
2. Brawl- is fine too. :V

Except...
It's not the opposite of Brawl+.

The opposite of Brawl+ would be a terribly slow, unbalanced game. Like the OP says, the game is supposed to make everyone broken, but to an extent where everyone is balanced, thus making a playable game.
Yep. Brawl++, hence Brawl-.

BRAWL - it is.

That is an awesome banner and you are an awesome person. +rep.

I still like mine better

:laugh:

The unofficial beta is... well, this IS going to be the unofficial beta. What we're bringing out will be somewhat polished, but there's no way that it's going to be a finished product.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
The non-spike dair of Snake is also really powerful though but still I think making it always spike is better. How about making it ground opponents in the ground? Not as long as Ganon's dair but still ground them. And nair when hitting with it and landing in the ground truelly combos into utilt/ftilt/grab/jab/dash attack? It also should be impossible to SDI out of last kick.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Two wrongs don't make a right...

But three lefts make a right!

A right triangle.
and two rights make a U-turn
and two U-turns make a circle
and two circles make a Venn diagram
and two Venn diagrams make a butterfly
and two butterflies make a whole lot of caterpillars.

...I've always wanted to say that. :p

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
And so you say.

anyway i had to re-Up the banner because imageshack already decided to dump he file into the Sea of the forgotten. suggest you people save a copy of the image in case it happens again if you plan on using that for a sig some time in the future.

NNID
Budget_Player
Can I do Peach? :D

Oooh, I have some ideas already... MUHAHAHAHA.

:053:
As far as I know, there's nobody working on peach. However, there's a very solid list put together by several peach players, including Praxis, so I dunno. If you want to just go ahead and give making your own a try, you're welcome to, but I recommend reading this first: http://brawlminus.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=24

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
i cannot wait for this project. i havent tried brawl+ or balanced brawl. but this seems really fun.

i have sort of a cosmetic suggestion for captain falcon. im not sure if it has been done, or if it is even possible but when falcon initiates the falcon punch everything should slow down INCLUDING captain falcon for a second or two THEN it hits. I would suggest to slow it down on the charge up frames then back to regular speed right after. That way it will look super epic and you cant spam it to gain an advantage or anything. if this isnt possible sorry i dont know much about psa and im a noob and flame me.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
naw that would be bad as it gets pretty annoying after a while, i've tried doing that cinematic thing with electric hitstuns, zomg it is annoying when used more than 3 times.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
You could do it when it hits, though that's probably not such a good idea with the Punch, since it's been made easier to hit with. I still think that there should be some graphic showing the boundaries of the hitbox, though.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
well i can see how it can get annoying but i guess it would depend on who you play with. i mean most players dont rely on the punch. i only use it if i need to or i know it is going to hit. and maybe make the slow down shorter like as long as the 3rd jab in the falcon vs ganon vid. but it was just a suggestion.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just a suggestion for Samus...
is it possible to give her more midair jumps? For, like, a Space Jump thing?

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
I've got some more suggestions for ZSS...

- Down-B flipkick attack will additionally send you into a helpless tumble similar to when you go airborne during Luigi's final smash (aerial helpless tumble touching the ground results in a broken shield animation). This move is telegraphed by the flipjump animation (so I would guess this doesn't make it too broken).

- Don't know whether I mentioned anything about her grab, but making it non-tether and frame 6 (just like all of the other grabs in the cast) would be nice.

- Side-B is not safely spammable due to it's startup. I would suggest that it be sped up somewhat. Another idea may be to leave it as it is but make it do more shield damage.

- ZSS has always had a hard time against characters that had spammable projectiles, forcing her to approach. Two ideas that remedy this weakness: giving her down taunt reflective properties + IASA frames or giving her a 2-20 / 22 spotdodge (not too sure about this one).

Looking forward to trying out the beta later next year...

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf doesn't seem good enough in the vids. He's got like 3-4 new super cool ****, but overall he looks the same. My 2 cents
Did you see the changes for MetaKnight listed?

"Proposed General Changes
Sword size x1.4. Air accel x2.3, Air max speed x3. "
and Cadet was saying they might nix the sword size.

While he is a high tier anyway, you'd think there might be a little more to him.

http://brawlminus.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=20&page=1

NNID
Budget_Player
Metaknight will be fine with those changes. He is a top tier which is perfect in every way except two-air speed and weight. We're fixing the problem with his aggro game. From testing, we've found out that metaknight is right up there with the rest with just that buff. Dair chains, fair into oblivion, retreating bair, etc.

Ganon... well, we'll have to see. I personally think the speed buff on gerudo should be higher, but we aren't sure quite yet if he needs buffs or not.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Proposed General Changes
Sword size x1.4. Air accel x2.3, Air max speed x3
Metaknight will be fine with those changes. He is a top tier which is perfect in every way except two-air speed and weight. We're fixing the problem with his aggro game. From testing, we've found out that metaknight is right up there with the rest with just that buff. Dair chains, fair into oblivion, retreating bair, etc.

Ganon... well, we'll have to see. I personally think the speed buff on gerudo should be higher, but we aren't sure quite yet if he needs buffs or not.
...so you're saying that Metaknight is practically PERFECT, and Ganonforf with epic butt-kicking powers and a small speed boost would be enough to over compensate his recovery, which metaknight would be taking advantage of that by using his Fence.Of.Pain. (x1.4 size and x2.3 air acceleration? We could just call it a Wall.O.P. already. It sounds impossible to escape from.) So what can Ganondorf do in the air? His up-b is the only thing that seems to be very useful to Ganondorf since it explodes the opponent downwards and you can use up-b again. Other useful attacks may be the thunderstomp or uair or fair or even the flame choke.

So if Ganondorf- was to go against the F.O.P. from Metaknight-, would Ganon be able to escape? Grade it from 1 to 10, 1 being practically impossible to escape from and 10 being too easy to escape from. If it's less than 3, then Metaknight- is just too broken in my opinion...unless that's how it always was...:ohwell: I suppose Link can be tested as well for also having a bad recovery move(if his up-b isn't going to go higher.)

EDIT: I'm very aware of that "As long different characters exist, matchups will always exist", but I just wanted to know what would MK be like in Brawl-. I'll just wait until the alpha pack comes out.

As long different characters exist, matchups will always exist.

Some characters will always do worse against other certain characters. This is unchangable unless you want to make every characters exactly the same.

Kingslimeknight, it's impossible to fix what you claim is a problem without fixing the thousands of other things that give certain characters advantages over others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom