• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, Vinnie, GnW has his Melee Nair and it pretty much has the same **** knockback and range as before (it was killing Mario at like 95% near the edge on Yoshi's Island Brawl). His Uair's windboxes do damage, Fsmash seems to have really early IASA, Utilt can combo into itself at least 3-4 times (racking up to 40%), Fair is pretty ****, Dair has earlier IASA so you can jump out of it earlier and etc, and Dtilt has higher KBG I believe (it ***** at higher percents much like his Melee Dtilt did).

So, ya, GnW is pretty **** even though he's unfinished right now.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Sounds awesome, I can't wait. There should be like, Brawl- side events at every tourney. Even with just the 3 characters lol.

NNID
Budget_Player
They're items, so we can't do that (yet)
Sure we can. Just make him generate a banana in his hand. As in, a real item banana.

Wow I forgot about Sonic and how much more broken potential he has
I'd be afraid. Very afraid. I'm doing sonic, and boy is he turning out stupid. If he didn't crash/t-pose/have really stupid hitboxes on some moves, I'd pass him out to the public, but he's under the (semi-restricted) downloads section on the forum.

I just tried this out with some friends.

Bowser, Falcon, and Ganondorf were fun as hell to play, as were Ike and Luigi, even though they're mostly unfinished.

Also messed around with unfinished Pikachu, Game n' Watch, and Jigglypuff.
Her rest *****.

EDIT: Can't wait for Sonic.
Unfinished Pikachu? Where? Also, how'd you get G&W and Jiggs?

Very bad idea.

This game isn't some joke.
Yeah, I know. Brawl is serious business, and I'm trolling all of you. DEAR GOD FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS.

omg, I just had the best night with Brawl EVAR. I got some vids and wow, they were hilariousssssss!
UPLOAD THEM. NAO.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
It would be really awesome if you could make PT sort of like the Ice Climbers. Pick your starting pokemon, and the next in line fights with you. When you switch, so does your "AI" pokemon.

So if you pick Squirtle, you'll fight with Charizard
If you're Charizard, you fight with Ivysaur
If you're Ivysaur, you fight with Squirtle

I'm sure this isn't possible right now, but maybe it could be looked into. Just a thought.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I'm a PAL user and I feel like converting this to PAL. I don't know everything about converting yet, but I heard it's really not that difficult and all you need to change is in the GFX section, it's just that it takes a lot of time? Anyway, I'm up for the job if the characters keep being as epic as they are. I'll just wait for a while though so that I know that once I've converted it wont be for nothing ; )

PND

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about PT for a while, trying to come up with some sort of gimmick to make them stronger. I tossed around a couple of ideas like removing stamina, or possibly altering stamina to make pokemon STRONGER instead. . . but I felt I was going about thinking of changes the wrong way. So I started thinking of PT's weak link, Ivysaur. Here are some thoughts I had about making Ivysaur a tiny little god (With a terribad recovery)

Status effects.
In the pokemon games (early ones, at least) Bulba/Ivy/Venu-saur had access to 4 primary status effect inducing moves. There were the 3 powders: sleep and poison powders, along with Stun Spore; and additionally there was Leech Seed. Now, all four of these status effects have Brawl counterparts -- Poison = White Pikmin, Stun / Paralysis = Electricity or Dizzy, Sleep = Sing, and Leech Seed = Flower. Now this combined with the fact that Ivysaur has 3 powder moves and 1 seed moves seems like a perfect fit. . .

Except for the implementation of Ivysaur's powder moves. They are his up-smash, up-air, and down-air -- and they're also his kill moves; or, used in scenarios where status effects may not be applicable -- ie. offstage or in the air. You cannot put someone to sleep in midair, and if we mapped that to Ivysaur's Upsmash it would take away one of his primary kill options.

However, I know in PSA charge moves have been implemented successfully, so perhaps using one of those moves would add a charge to Ivysaur, overwritten by use of another one of those powders -- and perhaps his Razor Leaf could carry the status effects based on the charge. So if you use an Upsmash, and let's call that one poison powder, and even if you don't hit with it, next time you use Razor Leaf it will apply the Poison Status effect to your opponent -- perhaps made even stronger if you stack the effect a few times. Down air could be Sleep, extending the duration with charges -- and up air could charge up Stun Spore, functioning either like a Deku Nut/Shield break Dizzy effect or along the lines of Zamus' downsmash. Finally, giving bullet seed a flower effect would pile on the damage. . . this seems like the easiest one to implement. :laugh:

I feel such a change would A) Give use to Ivysaur's Razor Leaf beyond a slow, simple projectile and B) Really mold Ivysaur into a support character for the PT team. Get him out, hold them at bay long enough to Poison them and put them to sleep, then switch in to the heavy hitter to finish the job.

I had way too much time on my hands this morning over breakfast, which is entirely what I blame for these madman's ramblings :chuckle: Feel free to shoot down these suggestions if you don't agree, I don't mind. :) I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents (although with the size of this post, it may be enough "cents" to buy a Big Mac)

PCHU

Smash Lord
If you guys are still taking stuff for Ike....

How about flame waves off of his smashes and various other attacks?
Make his dthrow ground people.
Uthrow could be a chain, but not for long.
Make sideB have less startup / ending lag, and make it to where you can cancel it out.
Buff the mess out of fsmash.
Make uair actually lift Ike up a little to give a funny helicopter effect.
Make dair always spike.

However bland all that may seem, that's all I can think of right now.
I would love to go into detail, but I have to go somewhere.
But.....
If you guys need anything for the space animals, Ness, Lucas, or Peach, let me know.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Have Game & Watch mangle his hurtbox when he attacks. Effective invincibility... but not completely.

Make it so that his attacks give him a certain amount of implied priority.

But have all his hitboxes last only one frame. :laugh:

Except Fsmash. Make that **** linger like Kirk's Falcon Punch, lol.

I like the Ivysaur ideas.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
PT should be able to insta-switch so that squirtle can start a combo, ivysaur can rack damage and combo it into the rock smash of Charizard. THAT'S epic.

Oh, and switch mid-air too ^_^

D

Deleted member

Brawl+ didnt want this idea, so maybe Brawl- would:

Make Ike's side-b cancelable. :D

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a list of the changes you're making to the finished characters?

Also, ideas for Pit:

-Make his d-air a meteor spike
-Give his arrows a shield break effect
-Make his f-throw weaker so that he can CG the whole cast
-Make his b-throw kill low (around 120%)
-Let him reuse his up-b after getting hit out of it

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Do you guys have a list of the changes you're making to the finished characters?

Also, ideas for Pit:

-Make his d-air a meteor spike
-Give his arrows a shield break effect
-Make his f-throw weaker so that he can CG the whole cast
-Make his b-throw kill low (around 120%)
-Let him reuse his up-b after getting hit out of it
You know, despite the fact that I ASSUME you're kidding (which you BETTER BE) some of your ideas are part of Brawl+, namely: "-Let him reuse his up-b after getting hit out of it"

This is true for Pit in Brawl+.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
You guys haven't worked on Peach yet, right?

If not, some silly suggestions for breaking her - or rather a suggestion.

BREAK HER DOWN+B

Instead of pulling up turnips, she pulls up the following:

Stitch-face turnips (probably the most common =P)
Bob-ombs (these two are possible in vBrawl though)
Sticky Bombs
Those bombs from the Star Fox series (I forgot the name)
Assist trophies (xD)
The Smash Ball. (hint - very rare, and probably would have to be considered alongside the whole issue that some final smashes (Falcon's, MK's, Shieks) crash the game - there is the possibility the opponent would get it, not Peach.)

That would REALLY break her. 4srs.

But wut? Pits arrows shieldbreaking? I thought the fact the Falcon Kick would break a shield if it was shielded all the way through was broken. at the least make them like Mr. Saturn (you need a few to do it ;))

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Why would he be kidding? Those mostly (well, except fthrow CG and arrows instantly breaking shields) seem okay.
I honestly have no idea what you guys are doing about CGs and all that, I just think Pit having a better one would solve problems he has with a lot of his MUs against higher tiers (namely that he has a very hard time racking damage until his attacks have enough knockback to put him in arrow range).

As for arrows, I didn't mean INSTANTLY break shields. I meant an effect like Marth's neutral-B, or Gannon's up-tilt in BBrawl, or C-Falc's Falcon Kick in B-. Just make it do a little bit more damage so that it puts a ton of pressure on people to either approach or perfect shield.

Edit: Didn't see what K.Mac had posted, but that's what I was thinking.

NNID
Budget_Player
Basically, DI-based CGs (see marth's melee uthrow CG on fastfallers, which was highly reaction-based and more like a tech chase with less options) are okay, but we want as little of the Brawl style of CG (dthrow->dashgrab) as we can get.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Brawl+ didnt want this idea, so maybe Brawl- would:

Make Ike's side-b cancelable. :D
Did I not just say that in my previous post on the page before this one, along with several other things?
Well, whatever.

For Peach....
A much , much longer float.
Make it like ROB's upB to where you can do it over and over again.
Make sideB like Blazblue Tao's drive, to where it shoots you far, but you can cancel it if necessary.
Fsmash....pan should send them into stun.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I read about the increased hitstun, and I was thinking: is that really the right direction to go? Is it not better to make all the characters a lot faster?

An example would be to give C. Falcons side b IASA frames and decrease startup a lot so that you could follow like any attack instantly. This is a crappy idea, but I personally think that speeding up the characters is a lot funnier and more BROKEN than adding a huge ammount of hitstun, which is kind of lame. Also, moving fast is funnier than moving strategically, and fast aggressive play should be rewarded in this break-feast.

That's my opinion, what's yours? :cool:

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I didn't give this project much thought. Then I saw G&W and his melee nair.

I have fallen in love with this project now.

For a broken Ness, might I suggest RC1 Ness? xD

shanus

Smash Hero
I was actually planning on taking the time to make melee nair for P:M for G&W. Would any of you be as kind enough to tell me the proper function set ups for this or supply a pac so I don't need to recreate the wheel? Credit will be given :)

NNID
Budget_Player
I'm a PAL user and I feel like converting this to PAL. I don't know everything about converting yet, but I heard it's really not that difficult and all you need to change is in the GFX section, it's just that it takes a lot of time? Anyway, I'm up for the job if the characters keep being as epic as they are. I'll just wait for a while though so that I know that once I've converted it wont be for nothing ; )
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

I was actually planning on taking the time to make melee nair for P:M for G&W. Would any of you be as kind enough to tell me the proper function set ups for this or supply a pac so I don't need to recreate the wheel? Credit will be given :)
Ask Sr.PyR, he made a **** good G&W.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
New Brawl- matches, some characters inclomplete or not changed yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWCdkKgvdM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVhv9D_0QE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEAorwBJbSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHV7teebeew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNOFXdkDS8A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV_wKBi4wvg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7sFg0bwsgQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUm5fAyFChc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqgSV0-HhA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHa1Vp-O5E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVeKoEvhao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cy-PXoOoBg&feature=related

Lol nuclear knockback of Sonic's fsmash when it was supposed to be weaker in terms of knockback and Mario killing at 85% with up throw against a character as heavy as Ganon with DI and 75% with back throw with DI, again against a such heavy character. I think it's exaggerated a bit the knockback of Mario's throws.

And I think Ganondorf should improve his up b vertical distance a bit, and improve his air speed at least slightly.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
The only section that should be different is the SFX tab. Different language and dubs for characters is the only noticable difference between PAL and NTSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom