• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
Quick question: How will I know if the snapshot loaded correctly? Will it be like the stage builder exploit? I looked at the snapshot and it didn't do anything... just showed me what it looked like. I don't know what the physics changes are and stuff like that, but I can tell that there isn't aerial momentum like in brawl+

Is it supposed to be like this?
It seems the most recent GCT actually doesn't have that code. Which is odd, because it seems like the PAL version does... I'm going to have to set myself up with a new GCT pretty soon. It's still the core of the hack, so having it be half-***** won't do.

As for how to see if it works... Well, does ganon's pawnch do 666?

Ganon:
NSpecial - Does 666% damage.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-*boom*
Oh yeah. That's the idea. :D It's still almost never gonna connect, but now you have to be afraid. Very afraid.

Could you link back to this thread and/or the Brawl- website in your video descriptions? That would be awesome. There are always a bunch of people wondering WTF Brawl- is and where to get it.

Gamez1985

Smash Rookie
""Now, we've seen brawl get better without really changing what it is. We've seen brawl become way better without really ****ing with things unnecessary. But this takes it to a whole new level.""

Your intro to this thread makes no sense. You are saying you can make Brawl better by not truly changing much of the core game. But you're doing the opposite. After going back and reading it, I get the idea that you MEANT to say "We've seen Brawl get better without REALLY changing it, here's how WE are changing it." You actually say the EXACT opposite though. Then again if you didn't say it wrong then the whole statement is false because you can't "takes it to a whole new level" (you said IT. IT being the subject of never changing anything DRASTICALLY from the sentences before.) while making things ""lolzomfg wtf is this lol" broken"

Saying it quickly: You don't make sense there. You can't make it "lolzomfg wtf is this lol - broken" AND "We've seen brawl become way better without really ****ing with things unnecessary. But this takes it to a whole new level." You can't take UnChanging Brawl as an example to Change it. That aside, you also used the word "unnecessary" it sho8uld have been "things that are'unnecessary " or "unnecessarily."

And for those who get offended by me nit-picking, or typing a whole lot: I'm just a person who loves Brawl so much I naturally have a lot to say. Secondly, Brawl- is cool in my book (as far as I can tell what it truly is.) I'm just finding my way of saying:

I came here to figure out what Brawl- is. The first several lines out of this thread confused the heck outta me though. I think I get it. Brawl- is supposed to be the Jack-in-the-Box surprise style experience while fighting in Brawl, yes? (Without making it unplayable? Right?)

NNID
Budget_Player
OCD much? xD

Thanks for letting me know. The idea behind brawl- is basically to break the **** out of the characters, give them crazy ****, etc. but still hold some semblance of balance. I'm going to try to put this in a more clean way. :V

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I think I found a glitch with Mr. Game and Watch. If you die while doing N-air he will keep the parachute until he uses N-air/UpB. Also, sometimes Sheik will stay permanently invisible, until she uses a dodge/smash/UpB. IDK if this is a glitch or not.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
It seems the most recent GCT actually doesn't have that code. Which is odd, because it seems like the PAL version does... I'm going to have to set myself up with a new GCT pretty soon. It's still the core of the hack, so having it be half-***** won't do.

As for how to see if it works... Well, does ganon's pawnch do 666?
Yes, Ganon's pawnch will do 666% damage, but isn't that part of the character .pac? Where can I find a .gct with all the glory of B-, then?

NNID
Budget_Player
The File Patch Code is in the GCT; it's also one of the only really important things in there. That's how I check, anyways. A link to the GCT is in the first post.

The GCT really needs a revamp, though. I have no idea what should go in it, and what codes this project should use (beyond the obvious utility and file replacement codes).

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
The File Patch Code is in the GCT; it's also one of the only really important things in there. That's how I check, anyways. A link to the GCT is in the first post.

The GCT really needs a revamp, though. I have no idea what should go in it, and what codes this project should use (beyond the obvious utility and file replacement codes).
I'm not sure if this is a GCT thing or not, but characters need to keep their running momentum when jumping during a dash. This trips me up bad with Falcon, for instance.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace

I say use Brawl+'s gct and make some minor changes here and there. The .pac's and the File Patch code are the main things anyways.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'm not sure if this is a GCT thing or not, but characters need to keep their running momentum when jumping during a dash. This trips me up bad with Falcon, for instance.
This is a GCT thing that we are adding.

I say use Brawl+'s gct and make some minor changes here and there. The .pac's and the File Patch code are the main things anyways.
Duh.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP WITH GCT RIGHT NOW, ADD ME ON SKYPE AND GET IN THE CHAT! DISCUSSION IS HERE!!!

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
ok so when i see the screwed up image in the album in my sd card, is something supposed to happen when i click on it (because nothing happened.)?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
You click on it, and the codes should be applied. That's if you're using the snapshot method... Are you using a USB loader? Otherwise you don't need the snapshot, just the normal GCT.
Well i used Gecko OS. So in that case, is there like another method i can use?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
""Now, we've seen brawl get better without really changing what it is. We've seen brawl become way better without really ****ing with things unnecessary. But this takes it to a whole new level.""

Your intro to this thread makes no sense. You are saying you can make Brawl better by not truly changing much of the core game. But you're doing the opposite. After going back and reading it, I get the idea that you MEANT to say "We've seen Brawl get better without REALLY changing it, here's how WE are changing it." You actually say the EXACT opposite though. Then again if you didn't say it wrong then the whole statement is false because you can't "takes it to a whole new level" (you said IT. IT being the subject of never changing anything DRASTICALLY from the sentences before.) while making things ""lolzomfg wtf is this lol" broken"

Saying it quickly: You don't make sense there. You can't make it "lolzomfg wtf is this lol - broken" AND "We've seen brawl become way better without really ****ing with things unnecessary. But this takes it to a whole new level." You can't take UnChanging Brawl as an example to Change it. That aside, you also used the word "unnecessary" it sho8uld have been "things that are'unnecessary " or "unnecessarily."

And for those who get offended by me nit-picking, or typing a whole lot: I'm just a person who loves Brawl so much I naturally have a lot to say. Secondly, Brawl- is cool in my book (as far as I can tell what it truly is.) I'm just finding my way of saying:

I came here to figure out what Brawl- is. The first several lines out of this thread confused the heck outta me though. I think I get it. Brawl- is supposed to be the Jack-in-the-Box surprise style experience while fighting in Brawl, yes? (Without making it unplayable? Right?)
ok so what he is saying is that we have seen brawl get better without drastic changes and that is balanced brawl.

then he says we have seen it get better with a good amount of changes to the core game but nothing unnecessary that is brawl+

Now he wants to make a game were things are changed in a crazy way so everyone is broken and everyone can do crazy *** things thats the idea of brawl-

warpd

Smash Apprentice
DK can now spawn barrels...would it be alright if we could have Kirby spawn a star rod or warp star?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
To get progress on the homebrew updater...I'll need the following images converted to Brawl-:

http://code.google.com/p/brawlplusupdatifier/source/browse/#svn/trunk/source/images
background.png
button.png
button_dialogue_box.png
button_dialogue_box_over.png
button_over.png
outline_transparent.png
progressbar.png
progressbar_outline.png
progressbar_outline_dark.png
scrollbar_arrowdown.png
scrollbar_arrowup.png

Anyone want to step up to the plate?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, this may already be known but using Sonic's Neutral B against Bowser causes him to be locked into doing it repeatedly because Bowser doesn't take enough damage to be out of range from the next one. This may lead to some stupid stuff like the Bowser player just sitting there if he's ahead in lives until the time runs out for the win.

Also, could the knockback on some of Link's arrows (the normal and bomb ones I think they were) be nerfed so they can't kill at like... 100% or so? It's REALLY annoying in a FFA.

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
I have a quick question regarding Luigi. - does anybody think he is a little to cheep, I mean with his dash tripping attack-thing, crawling/crouching super armer and down taunt. i personally think he is beatable but my little bro thinks he's invincible.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Link feels much more like he was balanced than like he was broken. I have put some suggestions for cool stuff on the Brawl- boards. (Link: http://brawlminus.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=15&pid=2876#pid2876).

In particular, rather than speeding up Zair and Usmash lag, just go all out and put in IASA frames. ZAir IASA goes right when the hitbox comes out, USmash goes sometime during the second swing to give Link a vertical jab cancel. It feels great, and it looks more broken than it really is, and it feels like stuff Link already does.

Something needs to happen upon DAir hitting the ground; simply reducing the lag is really boring. I put in a dk/pitfall-style grounding attack upon landing and it's cool.

NNID
Budget_Player
An idea for Snake.

How about IASA frames on his up-smash?

I'd love to see him being able to DACUS into an up-tilt. XD
**** that. We put the IASA right on the dash attack. I'm working on an alpha for snake, but it's going slowly and I don't really know what to do other than making his range even stupider. A few interesting changes are in there, but it feels kinda uninspired (especially because I'm bad at handling articles; I'm probably gonna pass it off to TSON for that)

I have a quick question regarding Luigi. - does anybody think he is a little to cheep, I mean with his dash tripping attack-thing, crawling/crouching super armer and down taunt. i personally think he is beatable but my little bro thinks he's invincible.
Luigi is probably going to get a nerf or two after alpha. The crouch super armor isn't as much of a problem as the fair, which just downright isn't. Also, misfire. >.>

Hi guys, this may already be known but using Sonic's Neutral B against Bowser causes him to be locked into doing it repeatedly because Bowser doesn't take enough damage to be out of range from the next one. This may lead to some stupid stuff like the Bowser player just sitting there if he's ahead in lives until the time runs out for the win.

Also, could the knockback on some of Link's arrows (the normal and bomb ones I think they were) be nerfed so they can't kill at like... 100% or so? It's REALLY annoying in a FFA.
I'm not that happy with the homing attack change at all, TBH; it could be done the same just by making the move faster.

I can't wait till the end of the month! gyaaaa make it faster!
It's not as if we have it all ready and are sitting on it laughing at you. We're trying to go for a certain quality here, and many chars just don't have it yet. A couple aren't made yet. So sit tight.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
I just saw a couple vids of this. Very, very interesting idea of making everyone viable by just making them super good.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hmm... If I made a Brawl- version of Kari, would you give it a shot and see if you want to include it as an alternate Lucario- moveset?

NNID
Budget_Player
If a functional clone engine pops up to allow playing both. Before this, clone chars are not going to be included in official releases (afterwards, I'd gladly bring it to the table); what if someone wants to play Lucario in a tournament and their opponent wants Kari?

Also, I heard you did pikachu. Great job on the broken part, but holy **** why did Dsmash kill around 20?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If a functional clone engine pops up to allow playing both. Before this, clone chars are not going to be included in official releases (afterwards, I'd gladly bring it to the table); what if someone wants to play Lucario in a tournament and their opponent wants Kari?

Also, I heard you did pikachu. Great job on the broken part, but holy **** why did Dsmash kill around 20?
It did? ._. ****, I need to test more.

And good point... All right, I'll hold off on making Kari-.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Bowser player needs moar up smash. Also recall that Sonic can somewhat influence his trajectory on homing attack.

No, cause then it wouldn't be broken :3

Also:
More people need to make vidyas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom