• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Has it been considered that Bowser's perma-super armor will counter characters like Meta Knight how have a lot of really fast but not-so-damaging attacks?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
He's saying that the bowser player can use this to stall.
And the Sonic player can move after the homing attack hits the first time to the side, causing a weird aiming angle which causes Sonic to miss. :V

Has it been considered that Bowser's perma-super armor will counter characters like Meta Knight how have a lot of really fast but not-so-damaging attacks?
That's the point, actually :V
(And it isn't super armor, it's heavy armor)

shanus

Smash Hero
If you want a significantly more fun, (and broken) form of lucario, i suggest the following:

020A0100 0-F during Action 11B
Make him go into special fall at the end of upB.

This allows him to interrupt his movement portion of upB at any time with an aerial, and it preserves or amplifies the momentum he has during it, as well. Yes you can cross all of FD in 1 bair :D, or go off the top of FD with a nair straight up :p

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I've been following this for a few weeks, and it excites me muchly.
I do think that DDD should only throw Waddle Doos and Gordos though. other stuff to that? idk, I just like that idea.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If you want a significantly more fun, (and broken) form of lucario, i suggest the following:

020A0100 0-F during Action 11B
Make him go into special fall at the end of upB.

This allows him to interrupt his movement portion of upB at any time with an aerial, and it preserves or amplifies the momentum he has during it, as well. Yes you can cross all of FD in 1 bair :D, or go off the top of FD with a nair straight up :p
I love you shanus <3

*does nao*

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyovmrjgyjt

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Two things:
1. Is there a way to make it so that B- doesn't freeze in one player modes, boss battles, etc?
2. Maybe it's just me, but I think Sheik is awful now. Her invisibility is... annoying, and her dash attack is weird... I don't know, I haven't played her much, but so far she seems very inviable. I don't have this problem with anyone else. What do you guys think?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
B- one player I personally have had 0 problems with. I even beat SSE up until the great maze with no crashes :I

And Sheik isn't awful... She's just... Weird. :p

Three jumps + frame 3 interrupt dair + cstick = lots of damage

NNID
Budget_Player
Two things:
1. Is there a way to make it so that B- doesn't freeze in one player modes, boss battles, etc?
2. Maybe it's just me, but I think Sheik is awful now. Her invisibility is... annoying, and her dash attack is weird... I don't know, I haven't played her much, but so far she seems very inviable. I don't have this problem with anyone else. What do you guys think?
1. I get random freezes all the time. I think it has something to do with the GCT (which is being revised). It's irritating, but we aren't even in alpha yet so chill. :laugh:

2. When playing as sheik, you should always always always use a tag. Then, when you're invisible, you know where you are. If your opponent is trying to space things against you, this ****s him up real bad. Sheik having a low range, this can give you a very large spacing advantage.
You also probably aren't abusing dash attack enough. Try DACDS (dash attack canceled dsmash), for example. It will hit with multiple hits of dsmash, wrecking shields and dealing great damage. DACUS is even better, and way easier (DAC into neutral, then usmash). And because all of it sweetspots... And then there's stuff like dair->dair->dair combos (srsly). Finally, are you taking advantage of your most blatantly stupid kill move? The new upB second hitbox is huge, and hits just like snake's uair, which isn't exactly a light tap. Mostly I've been getting the opposite feedback, that sheik is too good.

Sonic's Down Smash Canceled Down Smash seems to horrifically **** shiek.
Tried countering it from above? Sheik's new dair is really ****.

Been considered. Almost every character is given tools to deal with the matchup; like with MK, his SL now does 11 instead of 9 damage. CF's second hit nair does 10 instead of 5. Sonic is virtually completely exempt from this fact; 90% of his moveset works the same as it used to on bowser. Sheik has approach options and buffed aerials. We're working around it.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
After much pondering, I made a few DK tweaks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2jdzim2ymym

Barrel spawn is approx 2.1x faster, the changes are in many places and i dont feel like explaining :3
nair sourspot angle 110
upB goes significantly higher and going up/down when you want is easier
grounded upB loop hits are special angle 365
Aerial upB loop hits are special angle 363
Final hit of both upBs are angle 90 for comboing

Enjoy :3

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yehs :3

I wish there was a way to limit the upward momentum though, it's a bit extraneous D:

Is there an app variable for that?

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't know of any. I was contemplating setting windows for these IASAs, and during these windows slowing down the animation to see if it did slow down the momentum boost.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
You should add more graphical effects to moves to make them look OMG powerful. Like when Samus Fires a fully charged power shot there is a huge wind effect behind Samus or when Ganondorf lands from aerial B down it has the effect of Charizard's D smash or when Sonic change his Spining attack it has a Wind effect.

Basically make it look FANTASTIC!! Great look so far

NNID
Budget_Player
lovely... so not all character pacs are available?
They aren't all done yet. Plus, many that are done suck. Those are the ones you guys aren't getting.

umm how many coders do we have on this?
Well, depends. Do you mean real coders, people who are really good with PSA, or actual coders who do a ****load of work on everything?

Let's see...

TSON made like half the .pacs. Seriously.
Kirk did epic work, but has been in the hospital and therefore nowhere to be seen.
Frozn is doing his stage jazz
I'm... yeah I suck. I couldn't compile a **** GCT earlier... >.> I'm a PSA hack.
Taro, Xi, Kitamerby, Anomalus, and several others are working on .pac files.

Plenty of PSA'ers. Quality is sometimes questionable, but the guys are pretty solid. Also, we don't really have anyone on the team ATM who is really good with hex codes (I mean stuff like what's in the plussery, not article editing).

You should add more graphical effects to moves to make them look OMG powerful. Like when Samus Fires a fully charged power shot there is a huge wind effect behind Samus or when Ganondorf lands from aerial B down it has the effect of Charizard's D smash or when Sonic change his Spining attack it has a Wind effect.

Basically make it look FANTASTIC!! Great look so far
I dunno, some moves do that already. Many designers don't want to lay that stuff on too thick though.

Azurie

Smash Cadet
but that spammability is essential to Link's archtype. Considering what all melee characters can do in minus, I think its fine

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I only think that the knockback on some of the arrows should be reduced. I've already mentioned this, the arrows can kill at around 100% sometimes. I suppose they're alright in a 1 vs. 1 but in a FFA... yeah.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Only the bomb arrows kill at 110%. There are plenty more broken moves than that. (Luigi's fair)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just so you guys know, I messed around with Sonic for 5 minutes.

He has a chaingrab on all characters, and an infinite on 75% of the cast. All it takes is a single grab, and you can get them without fail up to 100% and right into an fsmash KO.
Did any of you guys catch it at all?

It just takes two buttons. Grab, and walk.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...Wait, what?!

You mean the pummel-release? I didn't realize that could chain well unless you were like frame perfect.

NNID
Budget_Player
Just so you guys know, I messed around with Sonic for 5 minutes.

He has a chaingrab on all characters, and an infinite on 75% of the cast. All it takes is a single grab, and you can get them without fail up to 100% and right into an fsmash KO.
Did any of you guys catch it at all?

It just takes two buttons. Grab, and walk.
Oh come on...

This I gotta test. It doesn't make sense, realistically. It should basically send both chars into neutral, and then you have a 7-frame grab. Why the hell does this work?

I'll go fix it...

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
I cant wait to test marth out.

also i was wondering is ganon going to have any hitboxes on his up-special air because (note: I'm fully awair that his up special air used to be ****-able) now ganon has no defence against edge garding not sure if that was intentional or not, just putting that out there.

NNID
Budget_Player
Ganon's upB has a punch hitbox (see BBrawl) which hits about as hard as... well... it hits very, very hard.

Ganon also has the massive boost to his recovery which is sideB (seriously, ganon's recovery is better than vBrawl G&W's at this point!).

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Ganon's upB has a punch hitbox (see BBrawl) which hits about as hard as... well... it hits very, very hard.

Ganon also has the massive boost to his recovery which is sideB (seriously, ganon's recovery is better than vBrawl G&W's at this point!).
I'd hardly say it's that good. After all, while Ganon's recovery in B- might cover more actual distance than G&W's, it goes nowhere near as fast, has some lag time in between the moves necessary for it, and can be gimped rather easily with the right timing. On the plus side, though, nobody ever kills with G&W's recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom