• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
No. Right now, MK is still (more or less) up in the air. The current build, which I made, is pretty decent IMO. It emphasizes on his skills in vBrawl; it's more or less a set of buffs (dsmash hits with both halves, you can jump/attack after using a special in the air, dair angle is more ********, a few other things). Fair doesn't work, but that's a quick fix away. I think that while he lacks a lot of the Brawl- pizazz, he is pretty solid.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Quick question - note for lulz.

I was playing this earlier this week - dear God, I had so many WTF moments whilst playing this with some friends.

Anyways, I want to mention something.

Should a character shielding Ganon's Warlock punch automatically punt Ganon straight off the screen?

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the GCT or whatever, but if someone shields Ganon's neutral B, he (yes, HE) goes flying off the screen whilst the character who shielded gets their shield broken (or if they perfect shield it, nothing at all).

Was that intentional?

Also you guys might want to play some ganon FFA's because I very randomly got some bug where Ganon froze after doing his warlock punch - I'm not sure if it's because something hit him during a specific frame or a combination of events caused it (two warlock punches connecting? I dunno).

I don't have my Wii atm so it's impossible for me to prove that one, but the first one should be doable by anyone. I'm using the most recent Ganon linked from the first post, btw.

Anyways. WTFLOL. seriously. Luigi's crouch cancels EVERY **** MOVE?! o_o (besides grabs). Falcon is **** (triple knee deaths ftw) and..... Bowser is broken. so, so so so sosososososososososoosoo broken.

keep it up guys. :D

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
So I'm assuming that the hitlag is going to be reduced in the next gct. That's the only real beef I have with B- at this point. And the shield stun. Makes the game feel... unnatural.

Also, Home Run Contest with double Ganons is just.... so win.

<3 this project.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
So I'm assuming that the hitlag is going to be reduced in the next gct. That's the only real beef I have with B- at this point. And the shield stun. Makes the game feel... unnatural.
Hitlag is that "pause" when you hit with strong attacks and stuff, right? I'm kind of stupid right now.

That should stay in for dramatic effect on moves like the Knee and other strong moves (or even a temporary time slowdown, but that'd be bad in 3 & 4-player matches). Strong moves NEED that kind of "Oh snap" effect to them leading up to the enemy flying off the screen. Of course, weak moves like Falcon's rapid jab shouldn't have any hitlag at all as long as it doesn't affect how well it works.

NNID
Budget_Player
Quick question - note for lulz.

I was playing this earlier this week - dear God, I had so many WTF moments whilst playing this with some friends.

Anyways, I want to mention something.

Should a character shielding Ganon's Warlock punch automatically punt Ganon straight off the screen?

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the GCT or whatever, but if someone shields Ganon's neutral B, he (yes, HE) goes flying off the screen whilst the character who shielded gets their shield broken (or if they perfect shield it, nothing at all).

Was that intentional?

Also you guys might want to play some ganon FFA's because I very randomly got some bug where Ganon froze after doing his warlock punch - I'm not sure if it's because something hit him during a specific frame or a combination of events caused it (two warlock punches connecting? I dunno).

I don't have my Wii atm so it's impossible for me to prove that one, but the first one should be doable by anyone. I'm using the most recent Ganon linked from the first post, btw.

Anyways. WTFLOL. seriously. Luigi's crouch cancels EVERY **** MOVE?! o_o (besides grabs). Falcon is **** (triple knee deaths ftw) and..... Bowser is broken. so, so so so sosososososososososoosoo broken.

keep it up guys. :D
Luigi's crouch is something I haven't even looked at. It apparently has super armor. Have you updated CF? Knee had a slight power nerf (it was stupid before at 27; if it does 20 you have the right one). Bowser... yeah bowser is epic. xD

The problem with Warlock Punch is the same as with every other move-you get shield pushback no matter what move you hit with; the harder you hit, the more pushback you get. In this case, the move does 666 ****ing damage and has an absurd KBG. The fix is... We aren't going to fix it. You have to sidestep and/or roll very, very quickly afterwards, that way you live, and they die (getting a shield break against ganon is death, pure and simple). Hell, either way it's a 1 for 1 tradeoff.

Also, Home Run Contest with double Ganons is just.... so win.

<3 this project.
It seems like most people are against nerfing the hitlag, and I am heavily against nerfing the shieldstun-with a few well-aimed and strong hits, you should be able to punish the shieldstun with a grab, or just outright break the **** out of your opponent's shield. It should be clear-the shield is NOT a safe place in this game. :laugh: It's not the least safe, but it's certainly not always a good option.

ALSO

Falco is being pulled back to late alpha. He needs some tweaks done. I was informed these tweaks already were done, apparently they weren't. I'm going to keep the download there, but keep in mind-we're gonna **** with him.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'm not sure. Most chars don't really have a problem with his main ability; the fact that you have to throw out moves that aren't perfectly safe... oh well. If bowser turns out to be a problem, then maybe. After alpha, there's going to be a good period of playtesting, with "eventualies", where changes will almost certainly occur.

EDIT: @Sherman: lol.

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
so it sounds as-if marth is preaty much done right? any idea when he might be released?

Note: this post was not ment to be pushing you guys, just a question.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
if u guys are having trouble coming up with hit-lag might i suggest using the original broken smash hit-lag aka smash 64 hit-lag. (part of me just feels like this is a smash 64 update even through i know thats not the point of this)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
The problem with Warlock Punch is the same as with every other move-you get shield pushback no matter what move you hit with; the harder you hit, the more pushback you get. In this case, the move does 666 ****ing damage and has an absurd KBG. The fix is... We aren't going to fix it. You have to sidestep and/or roll very, very quickly afterwards, that way you live, and they die (getting a shield break against ganon is death, pure and simple). Hell, either way it's a 1 for 1 tradeoff.
rofl. but it was hillarious when I won a match against Ganon simply by shielding the warlock punch - it broke my shield ... whatever ... but Ganon was KO'd. there was so much rage. so much rage.

And yes, Weegee's crouch has super armor .... it's CRAZY. It's even more crazy when coupled with how much damage his dash trip does - I literally did 90% just by dashdancing back and forth against someone ... then crouched and super armoured an attack from them, stood up, Fsmash, Dtaunt. :D

There's super armor on his dtaunt too, which I LOVE. I look forward to actually connecting spikes with it. it's an AWESOME ledge-guard tool.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
It seems like most people are against nerfing the hitlag, and I am heavily against nerfing the shieldstun-with a few well-aimed and strong hits, you should be able to punish the shieldstun with a grab, or just outright break the **** out of your opponent's shield. It should be clear-the shield is NOT a safe place in this game. :laugh: It's not the least safe, but it's certainly not always a good option.
haha ok. Then what does "new GCT coming as soon as we can agree on hitlag" mean? I played a bunch of Brawl- today and I am now really liking the shieldstun. It makes for more aggressive play and overall makes the Brawl- experience more unique.

So I played Weegee more and OMG HE'S SO GOOD!!! I love him so much. More then the Captain. His dash-trip is so fast and sexy and his crouch armor just feels so good to get off and don't get me started on his fair. And meteor smashing with dtaunt feels better than sex.
Weegee is a stud.
Still awaiting puff, but I don't think it can get much better than the man in green.

NNID
Budget_Player
haha ok. Then what does "new GCT coming as soon as we can agree on hitlag" mean? I played a bunch of Brawl- today and I am now really liking the shieldstun. It makes for more aggressive play and overall makes the Brawl- experience more unique.

So I played Weegee more and OMG HE'S SO GOOD!!! I love him so much. More then the Captain. His dash-trip is so fast and sexy and his crouch armor just feels so good to get off and don't get me started on his fair. And meteor smashing with dtaunt feels better than sex.
Weegee is a stud.
Still awaiting puff, but I don't think it can get much better than the man in green.
Well actually I should probably remove that. We actually have quite a bit to discuss beyond hitlag, and I need to get someone else on the project (anyone wanna volunteer? anyone?) to do this because I am very, very, VERY bad with GCTs. In addition, there's the question of what actually belongs there and what doesn't. There have been critique-points that we're ripping off Brawl+ too much (granted, it was more formulated that we were becoming too much like them...)...

Also, good. So I don't have to nerf CF's fun factor. Luigi was on the row for nerfs anyways. :3

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I wish I was any good with GCTs. I know the basics of PSA, but that's about it. If given a while, I may be able to learn it better and help out with characters using PSA, but I know you already have a lot of people on that, so I don't know if you'd want this n00bs help. I have a lot of time on my hands.
And no nerfs to Luigi, plz!

NNID
Budget_Player
At this point we're pretty good on, well, most of the PSA chars. It's just a matter of quality and insanity-you have to have the right amount of each, or it isn't going to work. AFAIK, everyone except... Ice Climbers and Pit has something. But this something is nowhere near an end product. Like, my Metaknight. It's broken and strong, but there's nothing really... crazy about it. On the other hand, Power Marshall's ness. It's certainly insane enough, but brr... that thing still gives me shivers. HOW BAD CAN ONE PERSON BE AT PSA???

Also: there are a couple of big tournaments coming up. I need volunteers to take and rep Brawl-.

Can anyone hit Hackfest and bring an alpha version of this with? Anyone going to Pound 4? This needs some kind of representation outside of incredibly awesome youtube vids. The pros need to see it, and youtube/this thread ain't gonna cut it.

Even if we are only the "fun" option, it'd still be a big ego boost to see someone like Holy, Ally, or M2K playing this... :3

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
It sure would be an ego boost to have them play it at LOL. That's something to work for : )

Nintens

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say that I've been enjoying Brawl- even if it is still in beta. I'm eager to see what it'll be like in the future.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Pit = slight shield damage on arrows, let him cancel arrows by landing a jump, make him a combo God.

Everyone in the forums shot down my ideas as soon as I proposed them ;-;

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm going to a tournament Ally is supposed to be at. I'll see if I can get some friendlies of this going, but don't count on anything from me

Rudra

Smash Ace
Pit needs moar windboxes. Srsly.

I think Pit's multi-hit moves and Arrows should do more shield damage, DTilt always spikes, and Angel Ring/WoI's Windboxes should be bigger. =D

NNID
Budget_Player
Pit = slight shield damage on arrows, let him cancel arrows by landing a jump, make him a combo God.

Everyone in the forums shot down my ideas as soon as I proposed them ;-;

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm going to a tournament Ally is supposed to be at. I'll see if I can get some friendlies of this going, but don't count on anything from me
Which ideas? I dunno whatcha mean.

In general, taking Brawl- to tournaments, smashfest, etc. and repping it there is a big thing for this project. The more attention we get from actual pros, the better.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Is discussion of Ike still open, I have a plethora of ideas of what can be done for him if its still open for discussion. Also, how do I even play this, I got the Snapshot GCT and the Bin, but the Bin doesnt register in game, and says nothing is on my SD card picture wise.

Im also looking to host a large tournament around April in Edmonton for all West coast to enjoy, besides Brawl and Melee, I want to have a TvC as well as Brawl - events as well, Im 100% convinced that broken is the future. Look at MvC2, one of the greatest competitive games of all time, and it was broken beyond belief, this is making broken balanced though, which is an amazing idea =D

NNID
Budget_Player
Well that sounds really, really cool. Broken Balance is kind of an idea here, and holding events with Brawl- would be awesome. :)

As far as how to play this... You only need the snapshot if you are playing off a USB loader. If you have the brawl disc, just put the normal (non-snapshot, RSBE for you I'm guessing) GCT into /codes, and the character .pacs into the respective correct locations in fighter.

Ike is still in eary alpha, meaning that discussion is pretty open. Word is kirk is gonna do him, though. But feel fee to let us know what you think.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Lulz at ROB XD.

As for Ike, just squirmming around the thread here, Ive seen a few things like Side B cancel and such, which is all fine and dandy (actually, definetly more dandy), but as an Ike main who plays competitvely quite alot, Ike is a fairly standard character, good spacing, good jab cancelling can win you the day. Of course, how do you make him broken.

-First thing, if its at all possible, make Aether stronger (obviously possible), but also give it the ability to steal health using it, as Aether does in PoR and RD, as well, give it a landing explosion or shockwave and alot less ending lag, and you possibly have it as a viable attack (of course, health drain should not be to high, but this point is essentially moot if its not possible)
-Dsmash is a move I find myself nearly never using, unless I put it into a jab string (and usually its rare to do that for me). So making this move an encouraged option should be a good point, standard frame changes are obvious, but also on each slash, an explosion should be created, essentially covering Ike from counter attack as well increasing attack radius and knockback.
-Jab cancelling is a huge thing for Ike, so his game should compliment it. An increased grab range for one would really help in mix up's (not truly needed since its easy to adapt, but it certainly wouldnt hurt), as well, increase jab hitstun so its harder to escape, and increase its speed as well. If its possible, add jabs into it, so that the neutral Jab would look something like this
jab 1->jab 1->jab 2->jab 1->jab 2->jab 3.
Or something along those lines.
-3rd hit from the jab's angle should be shifted so it would send them at a very low trajectory away, making it harder for the opponent to recover/live.
-Tilts really just need damage/frame fixes, nothing really to say here
-Usmash I was thinking could be changed alot. First Ike swings the blade all around him, and if it hits the blow will knock the opponent toward Ike (or maybe spike them down, which would probably be easier). Once that is complete, a smart bomb like explosion will encase Ike for a few seconds before blowing the opponent away. Itd be a worse KO move, but a far greater damage dealer, since Dsmash would replace Usmash in that regard.
-Fsmash should just happen/end faster, its already pretty broken XD
-Dash attack when Ike swings the blade by his side to quickly thrust it forward, a trail of fire would be created behind Ike to cover him from behind incase they spot dodge it, which is created as Ike "hits" the ground as hes about to thrust it forward. Explosion to be created at the tip of the Dash attack.
-This one Im not sure if itd be remotely possibly, nor practical considering who Ike is, but changing Neutral B to an Ice spell. This way if it hits it temporarily freezes the opponent on the ground (depending on how long you charge it), which would let Ike get a quick follow up, depending on how long he was able to incase his opponent for. Also, if fully charged, Ike still hurts himself, but itll create a giant blizzard around him which will freeze opponents for a longer time, as well as do constant DPS while it lasts (think Giga Bowser's Dsmash in how it would work and hit you)
-Side B, cancelable, and no freefall after it. To be honest, Id remove the attack from it period if its possible, and increase how far it goes from start to finish, this way Ike has a very fast approach, and no ******** after swing. If thats not possible, frame change/damage as per tilts.
-Down B....Iunno
-Forward and Backthrow should have added hitstun values to them so its easier to move into other moves from them
-Uthrow should be CGable
-Dthrow...I dunno....maybe make it like G&W's Dthrow and just set them on the ground after stomping them.
-Dair sets opponent on fire and spikes even on the lingering hit frames
-Fair needs alot less (virtually none) landing lag, less start up and ending (in air as well).
-Nair's knockback should be lowered so its possible to follow it up with essentially, anything. The ultimate combo starter. Also make it end ALOT sooner in the air (SDing because of buffered Nair out of a shield push is the stupidest thing ever X_X)
-Bair and Uair gets the Tilt treatment.

Well, that about covers it, Im not even sure how much of that is possible, but Ive seen some amazing PSA's, so Im not sure how much freedom you guys have XD. Maybe its really far fetched, but I think its pretty good myself ^^;. Of course, Im sure some ideas already said are better than some here, but ya, if it sucks, feel free to toss it XD

K.Mac

Smash Lord
TSON, I use a snaploader O_o I'm not sure whether the codes in it are up-to-date (I got it a few weeks ago but it does work how it should work. if I remember, Gardevair (can't get his name right - it's close to that) linked up a snaploader and I DL'd it.

as I said though, I'm not sure if the codes are up to date. I can upload the two files and you can check if you want. I've no freaking idea how to use B+ Tweaker to make B- snaploaders. =/

edit

aren't the snaploaders downloadable on the first post? o_O

NNID
Budget_Player
We actually had an ike similar to that for a while. It proved very overpowered and unfun, mostly because you couldn't get around the wall of blades that fsmash and usmash provided.

@Kmac: could you do me a favor and check if the ones in the first post work?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
gimme a minute to set my wii up and find my **** SD card reader. x.x

I'm 99% sure that they're the same ones I downloaded. The filenames are the same at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom