• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Updated GCT. Working on getting a snapshot version up; tsunami made one but claims there was some problem with it, I dunno.

EDIT: help testing would be great. We're rushing very, very quickly towards the deadline.
I've got the snaploader GCT for B+ and B-, I'll try his snapshot with both loaders and I'll find out from that if it works. if not, I'll just use the old snaploader until someone makes and confirms a working updated one.

Oh, and I SHOULD be at a friends' house later, so unless I'm not playing B+ with him all night I'll set it up and play it.

And ... are you going to make the pokemon trainers' pokemon play separately like on B+? because charizard is one of my mains on B+, and I want to use him on B-. I don't think he's broken enough atm either. Maybe needs some IASA on his dmash and stuff =P

NNID
Budget_Player
I've got the snaploader GCT for B+ and B-, I'll try his snapshot with both loaders and I'll find out from that if it works. if not, I'll just use the old snaploader until someone makes and confirms a working updated one.

Oh, and I SHOULD be at a friends' house later, so unless I'm not playing B+ with him all night I'll set it up and play it.

And ... are you going to make the pokemon trainers' pokemon play separately like on B+? because charizard is one of my mains on B+, and I want to use him on B-. I don't think he's broken enough atm either. Maybe needs some IASA on his dmash and stuff =P
Maek moar replaes. :V

PT is going to be set up in the most positive way: no swap on death, no stamina. Each of the pokemon will be given the tools to work as a viable character on their own and in a team. I think.

Ah, I updated the link but I'm guessing the OP wasn't updated with it. Sorry about that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2dwmwezymif
I'll update that.

EDIT: TSON, that is the link in the OP

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Does that mean Lucario is busted on the most recent codeset?

I haven't tried him yet. I know one of my friends will try to use him when I say to them 95% of the characters are scrubbed. :/ need working pac is that's the case.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Nah, you'll be bringing the most complete version that EXISTS at the time :o

Backroom builds :3

NNID
Budget_Player
So their going to bring the full version to pound?
I'm gonna bring the most complete version we have at the time.
Nah, you'll be bringing the most complete version that EXISTS at the time :o

Backroom builds :3
We're going to hope that Sephiroth is right in this case. Right guys?

Currently, progress is not the greatest. We have several more chars we could probably run out right now as betas (TL, Fox, a few others), one that needs heavy balancing that I don't know how to do without wrecking (Marth), a bunch that need either redos or heavy retweaks (kirby, Peach, Ike) and several that just need playtesting. Then there's Wolf, who is currently in a state of suspended animation...

We have 4 days. Wishing Kirk was here. Everyone is busy with school. In general? We'll do the best we can until then. We probably won't have everyone, unless someone jumps in and makes an Ice Climbers and a Zelda out of the blue, and I am NOT sending that kirby (or, for that matter, that kirby) to Pound 4, I'm sorry.

We could still pull it off. Someone could just pop out of the blue (Cape? Kirk back? I suddenly receive enlightenment and become the new PSA god?) and help fix this project up until then... But with TSON having to put this somewhat on the back burner, and there not being that many people who are prolific... could be rough.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I posted this in the Brawl Minus forums, just wanted to make sure it got attention. So reposting here.

I got to play a lot of Brawl Minus recently. G&W is very fun, though I think he needs a little work.

Jab: Fine.

Ftilt: Needs Work. Not sure what to do for this one
Dtilt: Perfect.
Utilt: Needs Work. With such a small hitbox it's hard to start combos with this.

Dash Attack: Fine.

Fthrow: Fine.
Bthrow: Fine.
Dthrow: Fine.
Uthrow: Perfect.

Fsmash: Fine.
Dsmash: Needs Work. By default the hitbox comes out frame 15. Make it frame 10. Seriously, please. I've joked before with G&W mains that if his Dsmash hit frame 10 he would be top tier. He needs faster ground kill moves.
Upsmash: Fine.

Fair: Perfect
Bair: Perfect. Is it possible to make this Un-SDI-able?
Uair: Perfect.
Dair: Fine. If you fastfall G&W's dair, it will actually SLOWFALL the attack. For some reason this was removed from Brawl Minus. I can no longer tap C-stick down to slowfall my dair. I hate accidentally killing myself over and over. Please remove the code that prevents Cstick from fastfalling attacks. It screws over G&W mains.
Nair: Fine. The attack last TOO LONG. As a G&W main I'm used to dropping from the ledge and nairing. Now when I do it I die cause I go down to far. Nair should still be my faster aerial at 34 frames total.

Bacon: Fine. Can you make the max bacons thrown something more than 5? Maybe 9? I can't really tell what changed with this. Maybe make them eat shields?
UpB: Perfect.
DownB: Fine. Absorbing weak projectiles is still weak as crap. Can you just max out damage regardless of the type of projectile? =)
SideB: Fine.
1: Perfect. I'm glad this no longer damages G&W.
2: Perfect.
3: Perfect.
4: Needs Work. I hate getting this number. It does nothing for me. Can you make it heal G&W when it hits?
5: Perfect.
6: Perfect.
7: Perfect.
8: Fine. Really hard to follow up after an ice block. Not sure how to make it better or more useful.
9: Needs Work. I still can't kill with this at 20%... this SHOULD kill at any percent... come on =/
EXTRA: Would it be possible to change G&W's color when he throws a certain number? I think that'd be really cool and an awesome mindgame in teams. Maybe make 4 or 8 or 9 do that.

Weight: Needs Work. G&W is slightly too light. I was playing with Bwett's Yoshi on Japes and I was at 27% when I died vertical from his sweetspot uair... I was at the bottom of the level when i got hit. I died off the ceiling at 53%... this is stupid.
Horizontal Movement: Perfect.

Thanks for your consideration

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dair: Fine. If you fastfall G&W's dair, it will actually SLOWFALL the attack. For some reason this was removed from Brawl Minus. I can no longer tap C-stick down to slowfall my dair. I hate accidentally killing myself over and over. Please remove the code that prevents Cstick from fastfalling attacks. It screws over G&W mains.
This will hurt other mains more than the G&W ones but all the other things are ok in my book

NNID
Budget_Player
I posted this in the Brawl Minus forums, just wanted to make sure it got attention. So reposting here.

I got to play a lot of Brawl Minus recently. G&W is very fun, though I think he needs a little work.

Jab: Fine.

Ftilt: Needs Work. Not sure what to do for this one I use it as a combo starter. Weird, I know. :p
Dtilt: Perfect.
Utilt: Needs Work. With such a small hitbox it's hard to start combos with this. Gotcha. Will be looked at.

Dash Attack: Fine.

Fthrow: Fine.
Bthrow: Fine.
Dthrow: Fine.
Uthrow: Perfect.

Fsmash: Fine.
Dsmash: Needs Work. By default the hitbox comes out frame 15. Make it frame 10. Seriously, please. I've joked before with G&W mains that if his Dsmash hit frame 10 he would be top tier. He needs faster ground kill moves. Okie dokie. So faster.
Upsmash: Fine.

Fair: Perfect
Bair: Perfect. Is it possible to make this Un-SDI-able?
Uair: Perfect.
Dair: Fine. If you fastfall G&W's dair, it will actually SLOWFALL the attack. For some reason this was removed from Brawl Minus. I can no longer tap C-stick down to slowfall my dair. I hate accidentally killing myself over and over. Please remove the code that prevents Cstick from fastfalling attacks. It screws over G&W mains. This is not going to be easy unless we find a way to slowfall it anyways; no fastfall on Cstick is staying because everyone else uses it to good purposes.
Nair: Fine. The attack last TOO LONG. As a G&W main I'm used to dropping from the ledge and nairing. Now when I do it I die cause I go down to far. Nair should still be my faster aerial at 34 frames total. Kit brought up an idea that we're probably going to be using; specifically, if you tap A, you get the old Nair, hold it, and you get the parachute. But as for it lasting too long, it'll be looked at.

Bacon: Fine. Can you make the max bacons thrown something more than 5? Maybe 9? I can't really tell what changed with this. Maybe make them eat shields?
UpB: Perfect.
DownB: Fine. Absorbing weak projectiles is still weak as crap. Can you just max out damage regardless of the type of projectile? =) Would make it insta-kill virtually everyone ;) Something can be done though.
SideB: Fine.
1: Perfect. I'm glad this no longer damages G&W.
2: Perfect.
3: Perfect.
4: Needs Work. I hate getting this number. It does nothing for me. Can you make it heal G&W when it hits?
5: Perfect.
6: Perfect.
7: Perfect.
8: Fine. Really hard to follow up after an ice block. Not sure how to make it better or more useful.
9: Needs Work. I still can't kill with this at 20%... this SHOULD kill at any percent... come on =/
EXTRA: Would it be possible to change G&W's color when he throws a certain number? I think that'd be really cool and an awesome mindgame in teams. Maybe make 4 or 8 or 9 do that.

Weight: Needs Work. G&W is slightly too light. I was playing with Bwett's Yoshi on Japes and I was at 27% when I died vertical from his sweetspot uair... I was at the bottom of the level when i got hit. I died off the ceiling at 53%... this is stupid. G&W was made a lot lighter to emphasize his playstyle as a glass cannon. This may see a slight buff, what's more likely though is that Yoshi's uair sweetspot gets nerfed.
Horizontal Movement: Perfect.

Thanks for your consideration
Of course. You're like, one of the big G&W mains. Feedback is also always welcome.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
How can someone be broken in the wrong way? Does he have too many 0-Death combos or has no bad matchups?

NNID
Budget_Player
You know the pictochat glitch with kirby's downB? That constantly. It's stupidly hard to get around, destroys shields in no time flat, deals tons of damage, and is ridiculously spammable.
Nair does like 50 damage, ending the multihit in a spike.
Bair does 25 damage, massive hitlag, no growth.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
That is rediculous. 0_0

With moves like that he is not a combo machine, just a heavy punisher that makes safe moves unsafe. Am I right?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Nair is so long that it's almost impossible to finish. Bair is not as broken as people make it out to be, as it only kills with horrible DI off the edge of the stage and cannot be comboed out of or into. Rock has 25% heavy armor, which is a bit OP and can be nerfed easily. Kirby's overestimated.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
I have no PSA abilities so I can't really help.
What about my suggestions I had earlier in the thread?

NNID
Budget_Player
Nair is so long that it's almost impossible to finish. Bair is not as broken as people make it out to be, as it only kills with horrible DI off the edge of the stage and cannot be comboed out of or into. Rock has 25% heavy armor, which is a bit OP and can be nerfed easily. Kirby's overestimated.
1. Still does a ****load of damage. It's a good idea, but waaay overdone.
2. It isn't broken, it just isn't fun or sensible
3. Breaking through it with a normal char when a constant hitbox is there is virtually impossible.

He's not the most broken char in the backroom at the moment (I'd peg Toon Link or Marth for that post), but he's right up there.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
You know the pictochat glitch with kirby's downB? That constantly. It's stupidly hard to get around, destroys shields in no time flat, deals tons of damage, and is ridiculously spammable.
Nair does like 50 damage, ending the multihit in a spike.
Bair does 25 damage, massive hitlag, no growth.
i nearly ****ing DIED laughing

Mawootad

Smash Rookie
Though I'm a complete noob with pac editing, I would be happy to try fixing some of the problems with Kirby.

Lord Drash

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'm going make a lot of suggestions. These are not things I will do, since I suck at hacking, but they are things I would like to see from people who do not suck at hacking.

For Snake: Make his cypher a lot more controllable, able to go almost perfectly horizontal if chosen and make the cypher when released automatically target an opponent and fly at them. Since it goes through the stage already that should be really annoying. Also, grenades should have a random detonation period, from like 2 seconds to 10 seconds. Also make his knee simultaneously strike every other character on the stage, regardless of position (jk)

Olimars pikmin should occasionally have item effects, like every 1 in 20 red pikmin acts like a smart bomb when thrown. Purple should do pitfall and stuff like that. Maybe make yellow a banana. Occasionally.

Diddy's peanut gun should fire bananas.

If possible, make Ganondorf float, kind of like Peach.

Taunts: Make all taunts cancelable, like into a jab or a shield or something. Also, taunts that look like they should do damage, should do damage. Like Toon Link's spastic stab-fest and Wolf's slow three kicks. Dedede's dancing should induce shockwaves. Some taunts should have extra effects, like Falcon's and Fox's flaming taunts should increase the power of their standard B. Also, you should be able to cancel attacks into taunts. Aerial taunts would be cool too.

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
I completely agree about kirby, btw has anyone tried pikachu he is so #%$@ing fun with the his bair, but i think he needs some more umph... on his side special (more like luigi's). Also regarding PT and his pokemon Ivasaur's up-smash has a bit to much vertical-kb (maybe also uair) and the dair has a bit too much **** potential ( its like dair-oponent is asleep grap throw off edge dair-oponent is dead, and if not just repeat) i recomend making it a less potent meteor smash if posible but keep the sleep powder part of it. as-for charzard i was wondering is it possible to give the start of his glide a horrizontal momentem boost or put a push-wind-box behind him at the start of the animation or something like that? And Squirtle needs more buffs of course but regarding his water-gun where you press B-repeatedly I suggest putting the freeze only on the last hitbox or something. I'll give more feedback later but for now thats all.

NNID
Budget_Player
I completely agree about kirby, btw has anyone tried pikachu he is so #%$@ing fun with the his bair, but i think he needs some more umph... on his side special (more like luigi's). Also regarding PT and his pokemon Ivasaur's up-smash has a bit to much vertical-kb (maybe also uair) and the dair has a bit too much **** potential ( its like dair-oponent is asleep grap throw off edge dair-oponent is dead, and if not just repeat) i recomend making it a less potent meteor smash if posible but keep the sleep powder part of it. as-for charzard i was wondering is it possible to give the start of his glide a horrizontal momentem boost or put a push-wind-box behind him at the start of the animation or something like that? And Squirtle needs more buffs of course but regarding his water-gun where you press B-repeatedly I suggest putting the freeze only on the last hitbox or something. I'll give more feedback later but for now thats all.
Emm... None of these guys are released outside the downloads section on the forum; there's even a thread to talk about it there.

That was by no means a final build of pikachu, but rather, EV Light Ball Pikachu LVL4. It's been replaced by one of my monstrous creations (and oh my god is it monstrous). The squirrel Bair is not going anywhere though. :V

ss118

Smash Master
just wondering, can I not get this to work because the snapshot is outdated or am I doing something wrong? Everything works fine till I have to look at the snapshot.... I'm not sure what's supposed to happen, but whatever it is isn't happening!

shanus

Smash Hero
Add 020A0100 0-F to ike's 11B during the air segment. Interrupting with aerials preserves momentum.

Add in edge canceling by allowing him to slide off edges during his aerial landing lags.

You won't be disappointed by the brokeness.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Add 020A0100 0-F to ike's 11B during the air segment. Interrupting with aerials preserves momentum.

Add in edge canceling by allowing him to slide off edges during his aerial landing lags.

You won't be disappointed by the brokeness.
Ooh, that's an idea. But wait -- does 020A0100 really preserve momentum where a regular Allow Interrupt doesn't?

That would be weird.

EDIT: I've actually already thoroughly broken 'im with an Allow Interrupt on Side+B. Side+B to Side+B endlessly is so much fun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom