• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
In other news, I've come across a conundrum.

I have several match replays of Brawl - saved on my wii.

Ganon/Ike replays all play back fine, so do Jigglypuff/Luigi ones it seems.
But for some reason, three Samus/Link replays at some point get desynched and ruin the replays.
Is there any known reason for this/any sort of fix available?
(I'll edit post once I watch the rest of the replays with other characters it does or doesn't work with)

Edit: Samus/Shiek(Zelda) worked.
Looks like Shiek/Falco works.
As well as Shiek/Toon Link.
Is there something weird with Link's inputs that desynches replays?

Double Edit: Toon Link's zair doesn't look like it has hit boxes.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
In other news, I've come across a conundrum.

I have several match replays of Brawl - saved on my wii.

Ganon/Ike replays all play back fine, so do Jigglypuff/Luigi ones it seems.
But for some reason, three Samus/Link replays at some point get desynched and ruin the replays.
Is there any known reason for this/any sort of fix available?
(I'll edit post once I watch the rest of the replays with other characters it does or doesn't work with)
I believe that Link's arrows are randomized in a way that the replay mechanism can't track. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it (other than hope you'll get that ~0.1% chance of getting all the same arrows).

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Oh wow, you answered before I asked if Link had anything to do with it.
You guys are helpful. :3

(Of course of all the matches the three that glitch are the three I win haha)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
So force the game to load the same arrow at the start at all times? I'm surprised the whole G&W thing with the side-B isn't working here. :/

I had a match between Jiggs and Falco desync in the replay, and I'd saved it because I was actually KO'd with FALCO'S GAY BUT LULZY WINDBOX ON HIS FSMASH. I was at like 150% though and I expected the Fsmash to connect, not to blow me backwards.... hence why I died. -.-

It WAS on the subspace 3-platform map though (and loaded through PW's CSSS) so that might be why it desynced, but it could be anything dumb ... I had a replay of Weegee doubles desync around the 4-minute mark leaving everyone stood doing nothing. (bizarre)

MISSION STATEMENT: To pierce the heavens, destroy and rebel against corruption with the magmatic passion within one's heart!
I swear that's a reference to Gurren Lagann. :V

btw I didn't think the released alpha marf was that bad (three jumps and very quick aerials) along with the game's hitstun = easy ken combos. I know a Marf mainer (3rd or 4th best in UK, good friend of mine xD) so if this marth is deemed suitable I'll take it to London with me and have some matches against him with yoshi and MK.

which reminds me. I need the updated Yoshi cadet. else I will be pwning everyone with his OP Uair - yes, I'm disappointed you nerfed it but I was expecting it after days of playtesting and I actually have to agree with you on it. :v I don't think it'll hurt him too much, he still has awesome combos and some other decent killing and gimping moves to back him up.

NNID
Budget_Player
So force the game to load the same arrow at the start at all times? I'm surprised the whole G&W thing with the side-B isn't working here. :/

I had a match between Jiggs and Falco desync in the replay, and I'd saved it because I was actually KO'd with FALCO'S GAY BUT LULZY WINDBOX ON HIS FSMASH. I was at like 150% though and I expected the Fsmash to connect, not to blow me backwards.... hence why I died. -.-

It WAS on the subspace 3-platform map though (and loaded through PW's CSSS) so that might be why it desynced, but it could be anything dumb ... I had a replay of Weegee doubles desync around the 4-minute mark leaving everyone stood doing nothing. (bizarre)

btw I didn't think the released alpha marf was that bad (three jumps and very quick aerials) along with the game's hitstun = easy ken combos. I know a Marf mainer (3rd or 4th best in UK, good friend of mine xD) so if this marth is deemed suitable I'll take it to London with me and have some matches against him with yoshi and MK.

which reminds me. I need the updated Yoshi cadet. else I will be pwning everyone with his OP Uair - yes, I'm disappointed you nerfed it but I was expecting it after days of playtesting and I actually have to agree with you on it. :v I don't think it'll hurt him too much, he still has awesome combos and some other decent killing and gimping moves to back him up.
1. This needs fixed, I know. TSON tried stuff like setting the var on entry, but for some reason it still desynchs. :(
2. Random desynchs can happen, I dunno.
3. My marth was deemed uninspired and stupidly broken. I'm prolly gonna just end up making another marth or something based off of that. >.> Viet seems not bad, I guess... I suck with marth too much to judge though.
4. Yes yes, I'm working on it. >.< I can't find the nerfed version somehow.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
The best move Bowser can do on most stages that can kill automatically is b-throw.

NNID
Budget_Player
You should PM me the latest stuff you have :D

Any news on Metaknight?
Yep. We have a mostly solid, stable MK build. It's almost certainly way too good, but meh. We'll balance it. :V

The best move Bowser can do on most stages that can kill automatically is b-throw.
O.o

It's an instant kill? Where?

ss118

Smash Master
Are Samus' missles being fixed so that instead of not being able to fire when four are out, the first one disappears? It would make it much better, since they tend to just go off into the blast zone if they never hit the opponent....

ss118

Smash Master
well how about when you use them trying to recover(and they get stuck under the stage)? Or if they just slowly go up or to the side? Either way, it will be a while before you get them back.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If they get stuck under the stage, when you die or when the foe is sent offstage, they will turn and follow them (or go away).

But if you think it's a good idea to bring back the timed explosion then I will

ss118

Smash Master
quite a bit since an opponent can just rolldodge through them, forcing them to just slowly edge to the side until they(eventually) hit the blast zone.

Then it's also a ***** if it gets caught under the stage. Maybe I use them too much, I dunno. Still, it wouldn't hurt at all.... unless it's a ***** to program, in which case just ignore me.

ss118

Smash Master
600 sounds fine: 300 doesn't give them the chance to come back and randomly hit the opponent. After 10 seconds, though, I don't seem to ever see them afterwards....

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Or people can actually use my creation instead of wondering how many Butterfree it requires to envelope the sky.

:012:

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys are the .txts and .gcts the same?

Because the .txt is missing death boundary mod DATA. The death boundary mod v2 is worthless without the data. Perhaps someone can put it in the official build? I put it in mine and it's working fine now.

This is the Brawl+ DBMD

Code:
Death Boundary Mod Data
* 065A9000 00000020
* 1CF0F330 CD000000
* 2DF0F1A0 E6000000
* 30F0F030 FD000000
* 37F00000 000D0000
It makes the horizontal boundaries on WarioWare and Corneria bigger.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I added some suggestions for ZSS to the general discussion.

Click the link to the post for full details

Short list of important changes

Shorter short hop
utilt: much less ending lag
Grab: much less starting and ending lag
F-smash: make this move much faster and have horizontal knockback.
Bair: Horizontal knockback (semispike), stronger
Dair: allow us to cancel this with a jump, and autocancel on landing. Make it a stronger spike
Neutral-B: Spawn armor piece (limit number of pieces to 2) reduce the amount of time the armor piece is active.
Down-B: return this after getting hit. allow us to footstool stage objects. give it more invulnerable frames at the beginning
Hope some of these sound interesting

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble getting the GCT link to work. Was it recently changed to something else and not updated? Or is there some other place to get it that I'm not seeing? D:

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Oh, ok! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something wrong on my part haha. Good luck to everyone getting it ready! I've heard great things and can't wait to try it out :)

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Attention: If you have it so that mods load through the custom stage builder and freeze when entering or on the stage select screen: That is because there is no "Disable Custom Stages" code in the Brawl- GCT. Obtain the text file of the GCT and add Disable Custom Stages to it.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Although this is likely something you won't like to hear at 12:00 midnight PT (especially if you stayed up), Brawl-'s Alpha Release date is going from "Jan. 30" to "TBA", although there's a good chance we'll reveal an pre-alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom