• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosteo

Smash Rookie
Ok I've done another one of The Mysterious "Mr. L" from Super Paper Mario. It's not quite perfect or quite done for that matter, but for now it's good enough. I decided to just output it and get to another texture that I've been dying to do all day. More to come for sure

ghosteo

Smash Rookie
Ok I've done another one of The Mysterious "Mr. L" from Super Paper Mario. It's not quite perfect or quite done for that matter, but for now it's good enough. I decided to just output it and get to another texture that I've been dying to do all day. More to come for sure
Whoops...Forgot to post images earlier

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
**** Right,that Mr.L costume is totally AWESOME!

Anyway,I have a problem...I use XP,how do I get SSBExtractor to work?! It either does nothing or I end up with an empty folder.

ghosteo

Smash Rookie
Fierce Deity ( sort of )

So I'm on a bit of a roll here...This was supposed to be my big project though. It looks decent, but I'm running into some small issues and I could use some help from someone more experienced ( looking at you Pharrox ). The problem is that when the camera is too far from Link, his old texture starts to fade over the new one ( the last pictures are examples of this ). Anyways here he is until I fix all of the other issues as well: hat, sword, weird textures etc.

Here's the issues...

First off; the sword

Then there's the texture fade.
Close up..

Then farther...

Then even farther...

Well anyways, if anyone knows any way to fix the texture issue, let me know.

ghosteo

Smash Rookie
Good job on Mr. L!
btw, which costume are you replacing?
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking, so I'll answer in a few ways...

In my game ( for Luigi ) it is just the standard green costume. Though if I put it anywhere else, I'd probably take out the purple or orange one.

Currently, I'm working on a Fierce Deity texture for Link. It's coming out ok, but it needs some work. I've posted what I have so far though.

Edit: By the way, I like your signature. I just so happen to main with those 3 ( though Wolf and Ganon are better for me ).

espio87

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking, so I'll answer in a few ways...

In my game ( for Luigi ) it is just the standard green costume. Though if I put it anywhere else, I'd probably take out the purple or orange one.

Currently, I'm working on a Fierce Deity texture for Link. It's coming out ok, but it needs some work. I've posted what I have so far though.

Edit: By the way, I like your signature. I just so happen to main with those 3 ( though Wolf and Ganon are better for me ).
Yeah, that's what I was asking, but then I remembered that if I were to download the costume I just have to rename to put it in the costume I don't use.
Luigi and Ganondorf were some of my mains in melee. I just added Wolf to my list because of my friend who's also my rival in the game and he mains Fox.

gehaga

Smash Cadet
I love you guys, If its not to much to ask, a little prodject for anyone who is interested, turn Snake into Big Boss in this picture.

And maybe if you want to

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Wow,Ghostneo.You are totally awesome at this.

And I still have a problem,PLEASE,anyone...how do I use SSBExtract in XP?! It doesn't work!

Black/Light

Smash Master
OMG OMG!

I have to come back to this in a time where I can have the time and money to actually Mod my Wii!

I wish this wasn't soo hard to do :mad:. . .. but atleast my Wii has never been online so I don't have to worry about updateds stopping me.:ohwell:

Ghostneo. . .. GREAT WORK! It pissed me off when I found out that the game nolonger had shiny char which people reporting seeing at some demo of SSBB.:(

I would lve to try my hand at the PS part of this at some point. But I have to wait for the right time to do all the mod crap. . .

espio87

Smash Ace
I love you guys, If its not to much to ask, a little prodject for anyone who is interested, turn Snake into Big Boss in this picture.

And maybe
the problem is, in my opinion, that so far no one has modified characters polygons, only the textures. So, to make Big Boss and Old Snake they would have to modify the models:adding the eyepatch, shaving snake's beard and giving him a moustache, and not to mention giving him wrinkles.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Erm... This is gonna sound a little weird, but.... to everyone working on this project..... I want to have your babies.

Mewter

Smash Master
hmm...
may I request Shadow the Hedgehog? Because that would be really cool.

Maybe youshould attempt to recolor one of Sonic's costumes. It might work.

This is fun, messing with these textures. Let's see if I can get Shadow in here.
He had the right idea.

All Hail Shadow.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Where have I been? I missed my new favorite textures. I love the Oni/Firece Deity Link the most so far. I really need some photoshop help, then I need some money for the mod chip... My Shdaow progress is not good. I haven't been able to do much. So I'm off to look for tuts.

Menneb

Smash Rookie
Also, better than rapidshare.

dump.no

No registration, just upload and link.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
HOW DO I GET SSBEXTRACT TO WORK IN WINDOWS XP?! :mad: :mad:
Uhh...idk. Honestly, I've always worked with Vista. The small time I was tuck with XP I was never able to get it to run. You should ask Heinermann, since he wrote the program, but for now I don't know of any fix.

Also, better than rapidshare.

dump.no

No registration, just upload and link.
Thanks. Also I've been thinking about getting a little web space to host anything related to this project.

Here is a question. Is it possible to change sound bytes?
Not yet, but from what I've seen and heard it shouldn't be too difficult. I don't know if anyone's working on it though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
My request is Zamus with NES Armorless Varia Suit teztures (maroon leotard, green hair, etc), and Samus with Phazon Suit textures. I don't even have a modded Wii, I just think that the results would be awesome.

Menneb

Smash Rookie
My request is this suit (not hair) for ZSS. Also I lol'd at my Regi date.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Im really loving what people are doing with this. Once there is a a nice selection of work, these should be packed up into ready to burn Iso files for people to use as "sets".

•Col•

Smash Champion
Someone do a Roy alt. for Ike... nowe....

Edit: Ah, it seems that it is already being worked on... =D

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Uhh...idk. Honestly, I've always worked with Vista. The small time I was tuck with XP I was never able to get it to run. You should ask Heinermann, since he wrote the program, but for now I don't know of any fix.

Do you know where can I contact him? I'm hoping he can give an solution...I really want to do this.I quess there goes another proyect that I won't be able to finish (atleast until a fix is done).

The H Kid

Original
Hmmm.... Now I'm thinking that there should be a Zero Suit Samus but with less zero suit and more Samus...
But seriously those characters are looking great.

gehaga

Smash Cadet
the problem is, in my opinion, that so far no one has modified characters polygons, only the textures. So, to make Big Boss and Old Snake they would have to modify the models:adding the eyepatch, shaving snake's beard and giving him a moustache, and not to mention giving him wrinkles.
They really don't have to change polygons at all you can give snake the eyepatch with out having to change polygons, just look at the Mr. L costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom