• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Steb... your Lucas... what?!
He used to be my favorite character and I ended up main-less when I decided he just didn't have enough potential. How dare you prove me wrong and make me question my past?!
Also... no Zap Jump?
Lucas was my favorite when the game came out. That stopped when the Marth infinite came out and everyone would switch to Marth against me :(. But I guess I'll try him again. I fail at zap jumping. Risking losing your second jump. I'll practice it I guess.

And Ken got through the first 2 rounds!
Haha at Michel getting kicked out first.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyway, I self proclaim being the best at each of the character i play, minus ROB and GnW.
what chars do you play?

Lucas was my favorite when the game came out. That stopped when the Marth infinite came out and everyone would switch to Marth against me :(. But I guess I'll try him again. I fail at zap jumping. Risking losing your second jump. I'll practice it I guess.
Play Lucas first round, when second player counterpicks, switch to diddy/lucario/whatever. :ohwell: I don't see why people don't do that.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I don't play Mario, I also didn't state who I played, but specified it wasnt part of the abundance of Metaknights and snake.

We all know only you can bend mario to your wishes.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Play Lucas first round, when second player counterpicks, switch to diddy/lucario/whatever. :ohwell: I don't see why people don't do that.
Well, things have changed since the game came out and I just don`t main Lucas anymore since I feel he`s lacking. It`s just that before I only played Lucas, and it was annoying when I was forced to switch characters when facing Marths in friendlies. I`m considering to use Lucas as a counter pick in some match ups now.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it most of the game's cast that could do the Ness/Lucas trick? I thought it was just easiest to do with Marth?

Damax

Smash Lord
Wasn't it most of the game's cast that could do the Ness/Lucas trick? I thought it was just easiest to do with Marth?
a bunch can do it shorta, but I know I saw some lucas jump grab break me when I was mashing A with marth. Rumors are Lucas isn't affected by the chain grab as much as Ness who can't do ****.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Only Marth can do it effectively. Other characters you can just DI backwards and be out of range for everything. I think Lucas has a better chance to escape while Ness is just doomed. Even though some tournies are banning standing infinites, release grab > f-smash still works with Marth and that's a guaranteed 30% damage or kill.

Alopex

Smash Ace
also, most tourneys are banning standing infinite's so it looks like lucas/ness will be safe to main soon
Oh wow, finally. I've been waiting for this to happen. Now King Dedede has 5 other characters he might actually need to try to beat.

Of course, I'm going to assume that this excludes the Ice Climbers, since theirs is technically not a standing infinite and is pretty much the defining feature that puts them so high on the SBR tier list.

Only Marth can do it effectively. Other characters you can just DI backwards and be out of range for everything. I think Lucas has a better chance to escape while Ness is just doomed. Even though some tournies are banning standing infinites, release grab > f-smash still works with Marth and that's a guaranteed 30% damage or kill.
Ok, so you have one character that can abuse of your grab release. Wario has to deal with this against, what, half the cast? Yet he still does extremely well in tournaments. So if they can deal with it, then I'm sure you can find a way too. Remember that while Lucas is low tier, that just means no one knows how to play against him.

zaf

Smash Lord
ice climbers have so many different chain grabs. some of them actually move around a lot. which is fine.

<3 loopholes amirite

zaf

Smash Lord
guess i'll start it off this week.

Ima be coming to the weekly.
Bringing wii/2tvs/jer.
~
since this week is not a 2vs2 leaderboard weekly. Ima hold another $2 tourney.
So just like 2 weeks ago, whoever wants to compete in the tourney give up $2!!
Last week the total was $20. So it is worth it.
~

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
After much deliberation (and many prior post) I think it is safe to award Fhatuik with the award of best frENGLISH in the land.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Nah, I still think Damax is king.

Since agora's not going next week I'M not sure it'll be sexy enough.... unless phen goes... oh wait bi weeklies not orgies? aah.. yeah I knew it! I was huh... kiding!... I'll investigate, I might come on a head shot. I might not come due to school, it'll be the last big week prolly.
Won't be coming this week as I have family matters to attend to.

Top Bottom