• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Worst case, I guess Gamer's World could hold it for you, if you ask in advance...

I feel generous, I think I will bring my Wii.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I really wanna skate to this, but I wouldn't be able to carry my TV :< Are we going to have more than 4 wiis for sure? (3 GW TVs + Zaf's)

i'd come if i wasn't dying

:(
You're always dying, you should've gotten used to the feeling by now D:

man up and show ur face

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
IM coming this week after didnt play for a long time... My wii is broken =(
Bento i want dittos !!!

See u there guys

Rion

Smash Journeyman
true but i actually had surgery on monday for what has been killing me all winter.
Wow, geez. >< I hope you get better soon man. My best friend went through back surgery a long time ago so I'm wishing you the best. I'm sorry you can't come though. :(

Brawl+. that's gonna be soo weird. But I remember people giving Zelda some rather nice buffs though...

And yeah, I can't wait for this to start! 6:00 sharp people :o!

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I'll go. I'll bring my Wii, and it'll have the latest Brawl+ set on it.
<3 You're the best!

Who's bringing melee?
Alopex just said he was =D

OHHH dis is getting srs. :)
I wanna play Brawl+ , I never tried it before =O

Brawl+ is serious business.

Brawl+. that's gonna be soo weird. But I remember people giving Zelda some rather nice buffs though...

Yeah, Zeld is cool in it. And remember: a good game NEVER feels weird.

Man, after the fail weeklies, we're about to have EPIC Weekly. I'm looking forward to it, but I'll miss Fizzi like a ****er.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Omg most epic Weekly ever, so much people, that was crazy! The only thing that could have made it better is moar people and Ally not choking :p Kidding. It was an awesome week,ggs everyone!

P.S.: Brawl+ is simply awesome! And weird at the same time, but awesome :)

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Awesome weekly. The turnout was really good. I still feel really stupid about how I lost to Fizzi in the tournament :( :( :(.

Brawl+ doesn't seem better to me, just feels different. Still needs a lot of tweaking. Its not a bad thing though, and I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I did OK in the tourney, although like 3 of the matches I lost were in situations where both players were ready to get KO'd ;-;

Then I realized just how little I know my Yoshi match-up by playing Elef.
I also remembered why I didn't play DK anymore... I just can't handle pressure with him.

Nevertheless, great tournout, have fun during the summer, Fizzi, and welcome back Rion! Looking forward to seeing how well I can perform against your Zelda in the future.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
When did Holy leave, heh asnt arrived nor responded the phone...
hes probably in the metro and we left around 11:15.

Wow, gj being an *** to holy and all the other good players going :S. Yeah , good thing you choked. This way nobody will have to tell you that irl.
I was thinking the same thing. Seriously, what a jerk. And it's not even as if he matches Ally, nor Holy for that matter, in any level.

Alopex

Smash Ace
A good night for Brawl+, I'd say. A lot of you had commentary and feedback, which is always welcome and appreciated. I want to make sure I don't miss anything so that I can bring everything up with the rest of the WBR, so I'm going to list the things I remember here. If I forgot something or if you have more to say, feel free to PM me, or go to the Brawlplusery thread in the Smash Workshop forum. I'd say you can sound off here too, but I don't really want to turn Joel's thread into a Brawl+ discussion thread.

- Ganon DownB was overboard buffed.
- ROB SideB glitch is mega lulz, but not OK to remain.
- Ivy's SideB is too fast.
- Zelda's UpB still needs help.
- MK is still a pain.
- Agony doesn't give a crap. He has combos again. That's all he needs.
- Joel wants everyone to be broken.
- Ivy and Oli UpB; Lucas, Ness, and Diddy bounce off UpB. (already being worked on, no worries)

I know there are more, so hit me up.

Many of you felt that the game was being balanced for 1vs1-only play, and thus was not suited to team play or free-for-alls. I feel that's a valid concern, and a likely accurate one. So I'll be sure to bring this up with the WBR because we definitely want Brawl+ to be viable for Singles and Doubles.

Anyway, sweet weekly. Chester only playing one round of Brawl+ made me sad. :(

EDIT: Fizzi noooooooo!! Crap. Well, enjoy yourself down there, get FloridaPro, and when you come back, come see me at New Rez. Bring a GC and 64 controller when you do.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
you guys are the reason I feel I should do my H.W.

I lol'd

Wow, gj being an *** to holy and all the other good players going :S. Yeah , good thing you choked. This way nobody will have to tell you that irl.
/agree

Omg most epic Weekly ever, so much people, that was crazy! The only thing that could have made it better is moar people and Ally not choking :p Kidding. It was an awesome week,ggs everyone!

P.S.: Brawl+ is simply awesome! And weird at the same time, but awesome :)

Indeed. Epic weekly was epic. I'm happy so many people enjoyed Brawl+. I also find it's not "better" than Brawl OR Meelee, but simply an alternative to them. It also doesn't take a lot of getting used to, depending on who you main.

Brawl+ doesn't seem better to me, just feels different. Still needs a lot of tweaking. Its not a bad thing though, and I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.

Yeah. It will probably take a while for the game to reach its final stage, but the guys in charge are onto something. Brawl+ is fun as hell. Rob's SideB is gay, though.

When did Holy leave, heh asnt arrived nor responded the phone...

We stopped for pizza, right after the weekly. We probably entered the metro station around 11:30-11:45. I hope he didin't get mugged/gang *****

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Very very fun weekly. What amazed me the most was the fact that we had so many people, yet we had no issues with TV/playtime, and in fact, it felt more spacious than usual! Wtf?

I'd also like to point out that this is the first time we finish a tournament ON TIME! Good thing Thad had his boob job done so he didn't have to plank us out.

Thanks for the boatload of matches Rion, they were very close. Dtilt is nasty!

Anyway, sweet weekly. Chester only playing one round of Brawl+ made me sad.
I would never play Brawl+ again after getting ***** like that, LMAO!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Very very fun weekly. What amazed me the most was the fact that we had so many people, yet we had no issues with TV/playtime, and in fact, it felt more spacious than usual! Wtf?

I'd also like to point out that this is the first time we finish a tournament ON TIME! Good thing Thad had his boob job done so he didn't have to plank us out.

Thanks for the boatload of matches Rion, they were very close. Dtilt is nasty!
We also had 2-3 tvs more then usual this time around, which is maybe why we finished on time and it was actually spacious.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
The table layout was beneficial for us, more room for TVs and seating. Problem is... sometimes people play magic on those tables.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Double post for great justice.

Here are the Results and the Bracket for those who care.
I will make a thread for the vids, since I have a decent amount.

Bracket: http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2254/42909.gif (Didn't feel like enlarging the page)

Results:

1: Holy
2: Dom
3: Fizzi
4: Stef
5: Chet
5: Steb
7: Rion
7: Krew
9: Agony
9: Agora
9: Elef
9: Beat
13: Phase
13: Joel
13: Kev!
13: Kirt
17: MaritLage
17: OCD
17: KKong
17: Techiyo
17: Charles
17: Bento

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
A good night for Brawl+, I'd say. A lot of you had commentary and feedback, which is always welcome and appreciated. I want to make sure I don't miss anything so that I can bring everything up with the rest of the WBR, so I'm going to list the things I remember here. If I forgot something or if you have more to say, feel free to PM me, or go to the Brawlplusery thread in the Smash Workshop forum. I'd say you can sound off here too, but I don't really want to turn Joel's thread into a Brawl+ discussion thread.

- Ganon DownB was overboard buffed.
- ROB SideB glitch is mega lulz, but not OK to remain.
- Ivy's SideB is too fast.
- Zelda's UpB still needs help.
- MK is still a pain.
- Agony doesn't give a crap. He has combos again. That's all he needs.
- Joel wants everyone to be broken.
- Ivy and Oli UpB; Lucas, Ness, and Diddy bounce off UpB. (already being worked on, no worries)

I know there are more, so hit me up.

Many of you felt that the game was being balanced for 1vs1-only play, and thus was not suited to team play or free-for-alls. I feel that's a valid concern, and a likely accurate one. So I'll be sure to bring this up with the WBR because we definitely want Brawl+ to be viable for Singles and Doubles.

Anyway, sweet weekly. Chester only playing one round of Brawl+ made me sad. :(

EDIT: Fizzi noooooooo!! Crap. Well, enjoy yourself down there, get FloridaPro, and when you come back, come see me at New Rez. Bring a GC and 64 controller when you do.
Don't forget, speed up/have less lag on ROB Dair, so it can be more useful to spike and defend himself from below ;) LOL side B is too good, maybe it should be fixed but it should at least be a lasting reflector till the animation ends because he has one of the most ****ty reflector in the game. It's practically useless =( Yeah I totally forgot to mention that.

Anyway ggs everyone, I enjoyed playing you all but I mostly enjoyed playing Brawl+ =)

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Playing D3 in tournament is soooo much more fun than playing Snake. I think I was just sick of Snake, and I am realizing now that the matchups that I thought were hard with D3 are doable now that I've taken him up seriously and don't just fall back on snake if things go bad.

The turnout was great, I really enjoyed my character, the tournament ran smoothly, I got to see people I hadn't seen in a while... Really great weekly, fitting for my last one, thanks a lot guys it was a blast :)

Top Bottom